A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued....
Not only are we not on the same page as Christendom....we are not even in the same ballpark.

At the time of the "harvest" (the time of Christ's judgment) the 'wheat and the weeds' will have already been separated for life or death.....the weeds are counterfeit Christians who have done exactly what Jesus accused the Pharisees of doing.....
Matthew 15:7-9...
"Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:
8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.

9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
(NJKV)

This is why we believe that Christendom is a mirror image of Judaism....they were both corrupted by the same devil....both became enslaved to the commands of men as doctrines, (John 8:44) so long ago that no one really knows what Jesus taught......Most in Christendom have no idea where their beliefs originated, assuming that they were taught by Jesus.....
I can show you that they all originated in ancient Babylon. (Rev 18:4-5)

"Before they can put all their trust in the finished work of Christ Jesus, they have to understand they are not saved, which means they are presently lost in their sin."

We actually know what we are being "saved" from......do you? Only Jesus knows who will pass muster at the judgment.....

"No Witness has the assurance of salvation, which is the gift of the Holy Spirit to those who belong to the Father through Christ".

Even Jesus' apostles did not know for sure that they were good enough to pass the test of faith, since they had to prove faithful to their death.....
As Paul said...."Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Phil 3:12-14)

"Be aware they will not read any non-Watchtower literature or attend a church service."
Many of us have come out of Christendom....so why would we want to go back into that disunited rabble? We already know what you believe but you have no idea what we discovered in our quest for the truth....and strangely the majority don't want to know.....that is their choice.....we all have to make them.

"They say they will only accept what the Bible says, but their New World Translation has been altered to reflect their theology, and many verses in the New Testament that point to the full deity of Christ Jesus have been changed to support their view that only partial deity can be ascribed to Him."

The NWT is the more accurate Bible when we compare the original texts and correlate what the Bible teaches when compared to Christendom's translations. Original language studies were undertaken to ensure accuracy. I will gladly compare any verses you may wish to explore.

"It always comes as a surprise to them to meet people who love the Lord, display the fruit of the Spirit, and use the Bible as the basis for their faith".

Well I'm surprised that they think we're surprised.....actually, in this day and age, it is difficult to find people who still confess to being Christians who actually live like one......America is a nation that seems to pride itself on being a "Christian" nation, and yet its behavior as a nation is hardly "Christian" in practice. Its whole history is one of oppression and bloodshed.....like my own.....but Aussies don't pretend to be Christians.

As far as us being surprised to meet people who love the Lord.....its a pleasant change where I live in very secular Australia. It at least give us some common ground in looking to the Bible, but we will never agree on its interpretation. But some interesting exchanges can take place.
Using the Bible as a basis for faith is what all Christians should do....and yet here we are all claiming to be Christ's disciples, and yet reading the word of God in very different ways. Who is to say who has the correct understanding? Jesus will. He will let us all know who it is that was found "doing the will of the Father". (Matt 7:21-23)

It wasn't "a lot of information"......it was a flood of ridiculous proportions....not designed for dialogue but to simply promote his own SDA beliefs. Who on earth would have the time to sit through a dozen long posts without a breath in between?

Does he? I already explained that. God reveals knowledge progressively, not all at once. My brothers in the past had an outline that was filled in gradually with more details over time. Read the scriptures and see that God has always done this.

Please tell me what questions I ignored....? I love questions....and I love answers even more.....read back through this thread and see how many questions Wrangler completely dodged....and you too. He used the distraction of insults to cover his lack of knowledge.
At least you were a little more civil.
@Aunty Jane I did what I should have done to begin with and went to the source https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovah-witness-beliefs/. I can get many of my questions answered from the JW website.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let me quote some of this and explain.....

“The word “saint” comes from the Greek word hagios, which means “consecrated to God, holy, sacred, pious." It is almost always used in the plural, “saints.. . . .

The idea of the word “saints” is a group of people set apart for the Lord and His kingdom. There are three references referring to godly character of saints: "that you receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints …" (Romans 16:2). "For the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12). "But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints" (Ephesians 5:3)”. . . .

The “saints” or “holy ones” are “the body of Christ”...a consecrated group, set apart for a specific “calling” or role....to be “kings and priests” to rule with Christ in heaven. These are said to be part of “the first resurrection”. (Rev 20:6)
As I have mentioned before, kings need subjects to rule, and priests need sinners for who to perform their duties, so not all Christians can be called to this role. We believe that 144,000 are chosen to rule with Christ in his Kingdom, which is in heaven. It is the governmental arrangement that will bring sinful mankind, back into a clean and sinless relationship with God. That is it’s purpose...to reinstate what God first proposed in Eden. Rev 21:2-4 shows that this rulership comes from heaven to rule mankind and to give back to humans the life God first intended for them. (Isaiah 55:11) What God starts...he finishes. Satan merely interrupted it.

“Therefore, scripturally speaking, the “saints” are the body of Christ, Christians, the church. All Christians are considered saints. All Christians are saints—and at the same time are called to be saints. First Corinthians 1:2 states it clearly: “To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy…”

This is the scripture I have highlighted before, except that I quoted all of it....
“to the congregation of God that is in Corinth, to you who have been sanctified in union with Christ Jesus, called to be holy ones (saints), together with all those everywhere who are calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours”.
What was left out describes others who do not have the heavenly calling....these serve “together with” those “saints” and these support their work and take care of their needs.

When the “sheep and goats” are separated, Jesus says that it is the ones who have supported his “brothers” in their trials, who will inherit everlasting life. The goats have not done so. So Christ’s “brothers” are those “adopted as sons” by God and who are “born again” as spirits upon their resurrection to heaven.

In the Revelation, John sees two groups who are saved....”the 144,000" "who are chosen from among mankind as firstfruits” and “a great multitude which no man could number”.....who are attributing “salvation to God and to the Lamb”. This "great multitude" are said to “come out of the great tribulation”, which occurs on earth as the final act of this dying system of things. (Rev 7:9-10: 13-14; Rev 14:1-5) These are the earthly survivors of that world calamity and will form the nucleus of the “new earth” ruled over by “the new heavens”. (2 Pet 3:13)

I hope that explains why we are so different from Christendom in what we believe and why we believe it.

Thank you for the question.....I am always happy to answer but need time to respond.
@Aunty Jane I did what I should have done to begin with and went to the source https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovah-witness-beliefs/. I can get many of my questions answered from the JW website.
Fantastic !! joy: I wish everyone would do that...straight from the horse's mouth is so much more accurate than the 'hate sites' who misinterpret what we believe and run away with themselves because it's not their truth. There can only be one truth....and if you don't think you have it, you shouldn't be here.....

I have to go now but will be back later....best wishes....

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Agreed. Knowledge is YOUR enemy for it has become your IDOL.

You just ignore the truth. I've posted it several times. Your doctrine denies salvation to fellow JW's. No response ... Cricket ... Cricket ... Cricket
Your posts are getting more and more confrontational and mean spirited.....you have nothing to add but put downs.....
I have no time or energy for any more of your nonsense...I am putting you on ignore now too.
Bye....

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your posts are getting more and more confrontational and mean spirited.....you have nothing to add but put downs.....
I have no time or energy for any more of your nonsense...I am putting you on ignore now too.
Bye....
Wow! At least I was not told off in 12-paragraphs! :vgood:

You must have felt pressure to respond. Sadly, you decided to non-responsively reply.

I don't understand how anything I wrote could be taken as mean spirited. Confrontational, absolutely. I am absolutely confronting falsehood! There is something inherently flawed about a doctrine that denies salvation to those who subscribe to and practice that denominations's doctrine. The logic is inescapable.

Celebrating Jesus' birth is a good hill to die on. Picking up the cross is a good hill to die on.

Then Jesus said to his disciples: if any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross and follow me.
Matthew 16:24 (CEV)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me quote some of this and explain.....

“The word “saint” comes from the Greek word hagios, which means “consecrated to God, holy, sacred, pious." It is almost always used in the plural, “saints.. . . .

The idea of the word “saints” is a group of people set apart for the Lord and His kingdom. There are three references referring to godly character of saints: "that you receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints …" (Romans 16:2). "For the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12). "But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints" (Ephesians 5:3)”. . . .

The “saints” or “holy ones” are “the body of Christ”...a consecrated group, set apart for a specific “calling” or role....to be “kings and priests” to rule with Christ in heaven. These are said to be part of “the first resurrection”. (Rev 20:6)
As I have mentioned before, kings need subjects to rule, and priests need sinners for who to perform their duties, so not all Christians can be called to this role. We believe that 144,000 are chosen to rule with Christ in his Kingdom, which is in heaven. It is the governmental arrangement that will bring sinful mankind, back into a clean and sinless relationship with God. That is it’s purpose...to reinstate what God first proposed in Eden. Rev 21:2-4 shows that this rulership comes from heaven to rule mankind and to give back to humans the life God first intended for them. (Isaiah 55:11) What God starts...he finishes. Satan merely interrupted it.

“Therefore, scripturally speaking, the “saints” are the body of Christ, Christians, the church. All Christians are considered saints. All Christians are saints—and at the same time are called to be saints. First Corinthians 1:2 states it clearly: “To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy…”

This is the scripture I have highlighted before, except that I quoted all of it....
“to the congregation of God that is in Corinth, to you who have been sanctified in union with Christ Jesus, called to be holy ones (saints), together with all those everywhere who are calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours”.
What was left out describes others who do not have the heavenly calling....these serve “together with” those “saints” and these support their work and take care of their needs.

When the “sheep and goats” are separated, Jesus says that it is the ones who have supported his “brothers” in their trials, who will inherit everlasting life. The goats have not done so. So Christ’s “brothers” are those “adopted as sons” by God and who are “born again” as spirits upon their resurrection to heaven.

In the Revelation, John sees two groups who are saved....”the 144,000" "who are chosen from among mankind as firstfruits” and “a great multitude which no man could number”.....who are attributing “salvation to God and to the Lamb”. This "great multitude" are said to “come out of the great tribulation”, which occurs on earth as the final act of this dying system of things. (Rev 7:9-10: 13-14; Rev 14:1-5) These are the earthly survivors of that world calamity and will form the nucleus of the “new earth” ruled over by “the new heavens”. (2 Pet 3:13)

I hope that explains why we are so different from Christendom in what we believe and why we believe it.

Thank you for the question.....I am always happy to answer but need time to respond.

Fantastic !! joy: I wish everyone would do that...straight from the horse's mouth is so much more accurate than the 'hate sites' who misinterpret what we believe and run away with themselves because it's not their truth. There can only be one truth....and if you don't think you have it, you shouldn't be here.....

I have to go now but will be back later....best wishes....
Thank you for your answer. I believe differently about the 144,000.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! At least I was not told off in 12-paragraphs! :vgood:

You must have felt pressure to respond. Sadly, you decided to non-responsively reply.

I don't understand how anything I wrote could be taken as mean spirited. Confrontational, absolutely. I am absolutely confronting falsehood! There is something inherently flawed about a doctrine that denies salvation to those who subscribe to and practice that denominations's doctrine. The logic is inescapable.

Celebrating Jesus' birth is a good hill to die on. Picking up the cross is a good hill to die on.

Then Jesus said to his disciples: if any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross and follow me.
Matthew 16:24 (CEV)
This explained a lot. From the JW website
Those who are serious about religion should think that the one they’ve chosen is acceptable to God and Jesus. Otherwise, why would they be involved in it?

Jesus Christ didn’t agree with the view that there are many religions, many roads, all leading to salvation. Rather, he said: “Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.” (Matthew 7:14) Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that they’ve found that road. Otherwise, they’d look for another religion.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for your answer. I believe differently about the 144,000.
And I have no need to convince you otherwise.....see...it can be that easy....no confrontations necessary, each one can believe whatever they want.....all I want to do is present options. I already know what Christendom believes and it never sat well with me.....maybe there are others here who feel the same way?

I am very grateful that you at least understand where we are coming from....thank you for taking the time to check.....it means a lot.

Last edited:

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not ALL doctrine is a salvation issue.....but the important ones are....those that identify who Jehovah is....who Jesus is....and what role God’s holy spirit plays in the outworking of his will and purpose.
I have to completely disagree with you here. 2Tim. 3:16-17 says ALL of scripture is good for doctrine and instruction in righteousness, therefore ALL doctrine is a salvation issue. A person cannot disagree with God on any matter and expect to be saved, let alone call themselves a Christian. There is a reason why Jesus quote Deut. 8:3 in Matt. 4:4 where He said man is supposed to live by every word in the Bible!

The reason why ppl make claims like "such and such a doctrine isn't a salvation matter" and play the "secondary/tertiary issues" games is because they want to look for avenues where they can call God a liar and still pretend to be a Christian. Genuine Christianity doesn't work like that. A person can either accept everything that is written as authoritative, or accept none of it at all. If the reader can't accept every word in the Bible as authoritative, then whatever "Christianity" they subscribe to is completely worthless.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all we need to clarify....we are NOT the Watchtower......we are Jehovah's Witnesses, and we identify as Christ's disciples. If others do not believe as we do, then that is between them and the god they worship. We will state our beliefs and what scripture backs them up and leave to the readers to decide if it rings true for them. God will do the rest.
Hello Aunty Jane, Christ said If You Love Me Keep My Commandments and in another place Follow Me.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have to completely disagree with you here. 2Tim. 3:16-17 says ALL of scripture is good for doctrine and instruction in righteousness, therefore ALL doctrine is a salvation issue. A person cannot disagree with God on any matter and expect to be saved, let alone call themselves a Christian. There is a reason why Jesus quote Deut. 8:3 in Matt. 4:4 where He said man is supposed to live by every word in the Bible!
I agree with you....no one can disagree with God on any “stated doctrine”...but there are disagreements on what a “doctrine” actually is. Is it from God or from what became, “the church”?

e.g. the doctrine that we are not allowed to talk about here is one such issue since there is no clear statement from either Jehovah or his son stating that they share equality with the Holy Spirit. That doctrine is based on ambiguous verses taken out of context and with mistranslated words.

There is also the belief that Micheal is the name of the pre-human Jesus....which highlights the difference between a belief and a doctrine. The Bible may seem to indicate a certain truth by its other statements, but because there are no clear verses from the ones concerned, “beliefs” can become “doctrines”.
We should know the difference.

Not all sin is serious.
1 John 5:16-17
“If anyone catches sight of his brother committing a sin that does not incur death, he will ask, and God will give life to him, yes, to those not committing sin that incurs death. There is a sin that does incur death. It is concerning that sin that I do not tell him to make request. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and yet there is a sin that does not incur death.
The reason why ppl make claims like "such and such a doctrine isn't a salvation matter" and play the "secondary/tertiary issues" games is because they want to look for avenues where they can call God a liar and still pretend to be a Christian. Genuine Christianity doesn't work like that. A person can either accept everything that is written as authoritative, or accept none of it at all. If the reader can't accept every word in the Bible as authoritative, then whatever "Christianity" they subscribe to is completely worthless.
I agree again.....some unproven doctrines are held up as fact when no facts have been proven to begin with...beliefs that are ancient in origin can become “doctrines” if they go unchallenged for centuries, especially when a religious entity such as the RCC has been feeding their flocks fabrications instead of scriptural truth. When no one is permitted to challenge a doctrine, but are forbidden to ask questions, under penalty of death, the people soon fall into line because there was no way to bring up the topic, and they were not allowed to read God’s word for themselves.

It’s amazing to me that Protestant religions can reject so much Catholic doctrine and yet take the central core as “gospel”. That central core was as corrupted as all the rest. It was prophesied to happen...the devil would create a counterfeit “Christianity” and the majority would fall for it because it suited them to keep it.
(Matt 13:24-30)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed....but all must be in agreement.... (1 Cor 1:10) where does that leave Christendom?
Amen, According to your faith in Christ, Having faith in Jesus Christ means relying completely on Him—trusting in His infinite power, intelligence, and love. It includes believing His teachings. It means believing that even though we do not understand all things, He does.

2 Timothy 2:19-21 King James Version 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen, According to your faith in Christ, Having faith in Jesus Christ means relying completely on Him—trusting in His infinite power, intelligence, and love. It includes believing His teachings. It means believing that even though we do not understand all things, He does.
Do you think that there are things we would not understand this close to the world's end?

Would Jesus not divulge all things to his "faithful and wise servant" whom he appointed to "feed" his entire household "their food at the proper time"? This is all part of his teachings on the time of his "parousia". (Matt 24:45; Matt 24:3-14) This servant is rewarded for carrying out his assignment upon his Master's return....so who is he?

"On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.

45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so!"
(Matt 24:44-46)

Can you tell me what things we don't understand at this point? What questions would you ask him if he was here with us?

Since Jesus received all his power and authority from his God and Father, (Matt 28:18) should we not be teaching our Bible students about the God that Jesus himself both emulates and worships? The one he taught us to pray to...."our Father" and for God's kingdom to "come" so that God's will could "be done on earth as it is in heaven".
2 Timothy 2:19-21 King James Version 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
Quoting from the Hebrew scriptures, (where the divine name appears) the apostle Paul said....(in context) from a modern English Bible.....
"....the solid foundation of God remains standing, having this seal, “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” and, “Let everyone calling on the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.” Now in a large house there are utensils not only of gold and silver but also of wood and earthenware, and some for an honorable use but others for a use lacking honor. 21 So if anyone keeps clear of the latter ones, he will be an instrument for an honorable use, sanctified, useful to his owner, prepared for every good work. 22 So flee from youthful desires, but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a clean heart."

This was an admonition to keep clear of those who are dishonorable in their conduct despite the fact that they may be claiming to worship the true God. Those who pursue "youthful desires", especially in these last days when alcohol abuse and drug taking have become almost like "normal" behavior in western culture.....and immoral conduct with the opposite sex or even the same sex is promoted so widely now among the youth of this world....gender issues are making a mockery of God's creation as Jesus said....(Matt 19:4-7) There is one standard.....just one.

Marriage is also seen as something temporary with those bothering to even get married......let alone staying married.....so much for the wedding vows. God did not design an exit clause for those who 'fall out of love'. There are only two ways to end a marriage......adultery or death. (Matt 5:31-32)

This is where all true "Christians" have to be on the same page...upholding one standard as Jesus taught....so many look for loopholes to satisfy their hearts sinful desires.....but God knows who is "honorable" and who is just pretending to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that there are things we would not understand this close to the world's end?

Would Jesus not divulge all things to his "faithful and wise servant" whom he appointed to "feed" his entire household "their food at the proper time"? This is all part of his teachings on the time of his "parousia". (Matt 24:45; Matt 24:3-14) This servant is rewarded for carrying out his assignment upon his Master's return....so who is he?

"On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.

45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so!"
(Matt 24:44-46)

Can you tell me what things we don't understand at this point? What questions would you ask him if he was here with us?

Since Jesus received all his power and authority from his God and Father, (Matt 28:18) should we not be teaching our Bible students about the God that Jesus himself both emulates and worships? The one he taught us to pray to...."our Father" and for God's kingdom to "come" so that God's will could "be done on earth as it is in heaven".

Quoting from the Hebrew scriptures, (where the divine name appears) the apostle Paul said....(in context) from a modern English Bible.....
"....the solid foundation of God remains standing, having this seal, “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” and, “Let everyone calling on the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.” Now in a large house there are utensils not only of gold and silver but also of wood and earthenware, and some for an honorable use but others for a use lacking honor. 21 So if anyone keeps clear of the latter ones, he will be an instrument for an honorable use, sanctified, useful to his owner, prepared for every good work. 22 So flee from youthful desires, but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a clean heart."

This was an admonition to keep clear of those who are dishonorable in their conduct despite the fact that they may be claiming to worship the true God. Those who pursue "youthful desires", especially in these last days when alcohol abuse and drug taking have become almost like "normal" behavior in western culture.....and immoral conduct with the opposite sex or even the same sex is promoted so widely now among the youth of this world....gender issues are making a mockery of God's creation as Jesus said....(Matt 19:4-7) There is one standard.....just one.

Marriage is also seen as something temporary with those bothering to even get married......let alone staying married.....so much for the wedding vows. God did not design an exit clause for those who 'fall out of love'. There are only two ways to end a marriage......adultery or death. (Matt 5:31-32)

This is where all true "Christians" have to be on the same page...upholding one standard as Jesus taught....so many look for loopholes to satisfy their hearts sinful desires.....but God knows who is "honorable" and who is just pretending to be.
Hello Aunty Jane, The above is why I think we need to have a personal relationship with Christ.

Faith In Action

Listen, My Sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding

And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding ( Job 28:28 ). Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil ( Proverbs 3:7 ). The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul: but it is abomination to fools to depart from evil ( Proverbs 13:19 ).

Romans 12:9

Love in Action​

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Aunty Jane, The above is why I think we need to have a personal relationship with Christ.
Absolutely, we do need to have a relationship with Christ, but more importantly, we need a relationship with the one he came to represent. I find that most “Christians” miss that important point. Jesus is our mediator....our only bridge “between God and man”. (1 Tim 2:5-6)

Sin is the barrier between us and Jehovah, so in order to keep our lines of communication with God open, He appointed his mediator to intercede for us....to take our prayers to God through the agency that he provided.
And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding ( Job 28:28 ). Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil ( Proverbs 3:7 ). The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul: but it is abomination to fools to depart from evil ( Proverbs 13:19 ).
The “LORD” here is Jehovah (Yahweh) and we need to understand the God we worship.....from the Jewish perspective, which is what Jesus promoted, Jehovah was understood in the Shema....often recited...

“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.” (Deuteronomy 6:4)

Jesus came to teach us about his God....how our conduct and beliefs can bring him either honor or shame.
He highlighted the fact that the Jewish leaders of his day were worshipping this God “in vain” because they failed to represent him accurately. They taught “the commands of men as doctrines” (Matt 15:7-9)

Since the devil has no new tricks, history repeats.....and here we are in the last days, seeing Christendom replicating exactly what happened to Judaism. Unless we learn from the mistakes of the past, we will be doomed to repeat them.
Romans 12:9

Love in Action​

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
This must be our mantra.....but first of all we need to know the difference.

Sincerity alone is not enough as the apostle Paul demonstrated.....he was more zealous for his God than others of his faith, (Gal 1:13-14) but Jesus turned him around completely. History teaches us that the Jews who executed Jesus did not love the truth....they promoted their lies to feather their own nests....to continue to receive the reverence of the people and to be given undue honor.

What we see in Christendom is the same scenario.....what masquerades as “Christianity” today is a mis-mash of beliefs and conduct that can hardly fit in with 1 Cor 1:10.

The “wheat and the weeds” exist in the world as Jesus said they would, but unless we can tell the difference, or are looking for the truth in the right place, lies will be fed to us in the same way that satan has always used humans to do his bidding.

Only those who love the truth, (no matter the consequences) will be drawn by the Father to the teachings of his son. (John 6:44; 65) No one can come to the Son without an invitation from his Father, who is also his God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, we do need to have a relationship with Christ, but more importantly, we need a relationship with the one he came to represent. I find that most “Christians” miss that important point. Jesus is our mediator....our only bridge “between God and man”. (1 Tim 2:5-6)

Sin is the barrier between us and Jehovah, so in order to keep our lines of communication with God open, He appointed his mediator to intercede for us....to take our prayers to God through the agency that he provided.
We seem to have a misunderstanding about who Christ really was.