A Spirit of Unbelief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL. You think you understand anything at any depth. Your system is simplistic in the extreme....and does not take into consideration such things as the bible, the truth, God and the reality of the gospel.

It's not just what Christ did..but what Christ is DOING. You are not in a history class. You won't be judged by your beliefs or by citing bible factoids.

The cross is what YOU are supposed to be put to death on. The outer man of carnal motivation...self-interest...self-preservation.

Many want to be clothed in power but few want to be stripped of self.
Yes, and if it is hard even for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner? Goodness....blindness and deception sure runs deep in some folks.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He does not comprehend what the cross means.. so he can't understand what Christ did..
I agree. It doesn't seem that he understands faith very well either and seems confused. For someone who is now talking about "faith before experience" on another thread, it is strange that he denies what has already been said about that by others with regard to the foundation and what Jesus has wrought and accomplished on our behalf.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, and if it is hard even for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner? Goodness....blindness and deception sure runs deep in some folks.
You are not instructed correctly. The saint is abundantly saved. You forgot that. And you deny righteousness to the righteous. So you are running out of options with a good outcome.

If you were a little bit wise...you wouldn't cut yourself off from the righteous. God loves the righteous...the childlike humility and honesty that is so foreign to religious hucksters.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think you will be judged by looking at a pole? Or pointing to a cross? You have your self-preservational flesh in a religious quandary. All who looked at the pole survived that day, but perished anyway in the wilderness.
So jesus lied, he got it wrong..

thats good to know

who do you follow?
You are untaught in anything beyond what a bible salesman might tell you...for money.
lol. why because I am not selfish or because i do nto follow men?
Apart from resurrection life, we are all dead in our sins.
No, your wrong

Those who are born again are no longer dead.

Eph 2 2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Why do you try to steal away for self what Jesus did for the whole world? For self-preservation? Did Jesus die so we could justify ourselves for pointing to Him and claiming Him as OUR sacrificial Lamb? What say does Jesus have in any of this? Or is that up to the individual to pass judgment on himself? You forget that all who seek to save their life will lose it. But then that's just Jesus speaking...go back to ignoring His words and justifying yourself by pointing at Him.
Jesus offered me the gift.. Why do you reject it?
Ridiculous. There is no opinion meter in heaven. No Galup poll. What you believe ABOUT Jesus and the cross are no concern to God. Totally in the sphere of religious hucksterism.
Again, You are saying Jesus lied.

John 3:
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of Go

Why do you mock Jesus and those who trust him?
Believes INTO Him for life and being not condemned...and believes Him and His words or not for condemnation. Why do you say you love Him and do not what He says.
who says i do not do what he says?

He who BELIEVES is not condemned.

Stop adding to the word!
You need actual bible reading lessons.

Your pretend clothing? Or is that unseen blood and unseen clothing? Just like the emperors new clothes. Religious hucksters strike again! Do you pretend to put it on with arm gestures?

Where is the power of His resurrection life in that blood? Without the power to walk as Jesus walked...it is only a vivid religious imagination that is immunizing you from receiving the true blood.
where is the power

1. it saved me
2. it keeps me saved
3. It empowers me to walk and be like him
4. It gives me strength when i am weak.
5. It gives me hope. not based on me but based on him. He made the promise..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. It doesn't seem that he understands faith very well either and seems confused. For someone who is now talking about "faith before experience" on another thread, it is strange that he denies what has already been said about that by others with regard to the foundation and what Jesus has wrought and accomplished on our behalf.
He speaks of faith in the unseen.

yet he shows his faith in the seen is what gets him there.

And mocks us who truly believe in faith in the unseen.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not instructed correctly. The saint is abundantly saved. You forgot that. And you deny righteousness to the righteous. So you are running out of options with a good outcome.

If you were a little bit wise...you wouldn't cut yourself off from the righteous. God loves the righteous...the childlike humility and honesty that is so foreign to religious hucksters.
the saint is abundantly saved.

so you have repented and now believe in eternal security??

when did you change your view?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It must hurt to be under the strain of so much bloviating. :rolleyes:
No epi , for i dont sit under you and your bloviating .
but thanks for the concern that i have no pain .
Now a word .
Many sit under men who add stone upon stone of lies and bloviating upon them
and as they are crushed upon the weight more and more
they have become so hard to the TRUTH that they simply cry MORE WEIGHT .
EPI , that sounds like you my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the saint is abundantly saved.

so you have repented and now believe in eternal security??

when did you change your view?
You know as well as i do he has not changed his view . Epi be in dire and grave deadly danger of perdtion .
to say otherwise would be for me to lie . the man DENIES one must BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
and thus i know what JOHN would have called him . WHO IS A LIAR , ..............................yeah exactly .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is resurrection life . . .

Much love!
Yes it is .
and now a word .
THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST , I PROMISE ARE STILL DEAD in their sins .
EVEN CORNELIOUS WHO DID MUCH GOOD had to STILL HEAR THE GOSPEL and BELIEVE .
NEVER , EVER , EVER EVAH and EVER go down the road that teaches , OH other religoins and peoples have NO NEED
to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST , heck they can just pick up their own cross , do good works , they KNOW GOD they are fine .
CAUSE IT BE A FAT LIE FROM THE DRAGON . from the dragon .
I tried to tell us , not cause i boast in me , that i am A STICKLER TO THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
IN fact i have this to say .
WHO IS A LIAR , HE who denies JESUS is the CHRIST , HE is anti christ
and he has neither the SON OR THE FATHER . but if we read the bible , I GUESS You know I DIDNT Say that first . JOHN DID .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes,

but the body is dead because of sin the spirit is alive….

the living spirit will not be delivered to christ for judgment At the GWT. It will be raised by him and Judged at the BEMA
It's the dead who stand before the great white throne, so our judgment will not be then, yes.

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's the dead who stand before the great white throne, so our judgment will not be then, yes.

Much love!

Marks, I thought that both the dead and living will stand before the judgement seat. The first separation will be between those who call Jesus Lord and those who do not, the separation of one flock from another. This is referred to in Ezekiel 34:17-24. then there will be a second judgement between the Rams and the He-goats which is the basis of the Separation of the sheep from the goats, a separation between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. This judgement take place last at the very end of the Seventh Age.

However, I believe that you see the separation of the sheep from the Goats judgement as a near future event, which is not in keeping with God's timeline for the End Times.

Oh well, each to their own belief system and what one believes is true for them should be true for everybody. Whether these belief systems are true in God's scheme of things is another matter altogether.

Shalom

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
That is why it sure says BLESSED are those who partake of the first ressurection , on such there is no second death lake of fire .
The lambs wont stand before the great white throne . WE GO HOME WITH THE KING as our body breaths its last
OR at HIS COMING . WHEN JESUS SAVES , YOU SAVED . BELIEVE YE THAT .
And mercy REJOICES against JUDGMENT .
JESUS SAVES . and believe me when i say , ONLY HE CAN . and its high time the church gets back
to pointing that FACT OUT to all that do have breath , while there still be time to do so .
JESUS SAVES , DENYING HIM GRAVES .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks, I thought that both the dead and living will stand before the judgement seat.
I'm referring to,

Revelation 20:11-13 KJV
11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

The Dead stand before God, and they are judged.

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm referring to,

Revelation 20:11-13 KJV
11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

The Dead stand before God, and they are judged.

Much love!

Yes, that portion of rev 20 that you quoted does say that, but you should have also included the next two verses which clearly state the following:

Rev 20:14-15: - 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Perhaps, you missed the intent of verse 15. "Anyone, {living or dead at that time}, not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."

Because of your belief in the Pre-tribulation rapture, you believe that you will be judged in the near future, before the period of Tribulation, possibly at the beginning of the Seventh Age, and that you will return with Christ to rule the earth with Him.

However, when God establishes His Everlasting Kingdom at the beginning of the Seventh Age, the Judged Heavenly hosts and the Kings of the earth, will have been found wanting at the end of the Gentile's 2,300 years of trampling God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Host, i.e., Israel, and they will be imprisoned for 1,000 years in the Bottomless Pit, where they will not be able to influence the people of the earth. We are told that before Satan is imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit that he will enable his Good and faithful servants, by giving them money, to run interference on his behalf to stop the full establishment of the peoples of the earth in God's Everlasting Kingdom.

When Christ is given dominion over the peoples of the earth, we are told this about His dominion: -

14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,​
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.​
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,​
Which shall not pass away,​
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.​

Now not all of the Saints will die during the Little while period during the tribulation period, but they will be refined during this time as Paul tells us that those who are still alive when He returns at the end of the Little while period will join Him in the Air at that time.

Oh well, I know that we do not like our faith in God being challenged and do not want to be tested during the tribulation period during the Little While Period at the end of the Seventh Age.

Now the end of this present age is around 20-25 years from now, and in all probability, I may not still be alive at the time that this present, sixth Age ends, and the seventh age begins. That means that many alive today, will be found among the dead entities when Christ returns in all of his glory.

We should remember Christ's warning, that those who try to save their life will lose their life to the second death as they will have crossed the line of demarcation between becoming a deity in our own right and God.

Life is so slippery, that it is easy to stuff up by trying to hard.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are two judgments

the BEMA seat

and the Sarx (Great white throne)

the living will be judged at the BEMA, the dead will be judged at the GWT

Not too sure about this demarcation of when the living and the dead will be judged.

I do not recall any scriptures that back it up.

Shalom

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you believe that you will be judged in the near future, before the period of Tribulation,
You shouldn't put words into my mouth of things you don't know about me. You lay a faulty foundation, and construct a straw man.

Oh well, I know that we do not like our faith in God being challenged and do not want to be tested
You should just speak for yourself and not for me. You are piling on more hay onto your straw man, if you intend this to speak for me, which I think you do.

But you are correct that I don't agree that these many thousands of years were encoded into the prophecies.

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You shouldn't put words into my mouth of things you don't know about me. You lay a faulty foundation, and construct a straw man.

You should just speak for yourself and not for me. You are piling on more hay onto your straw man, if you intend this to speak for me, which I think you do.

But you are correct that I don't agree that these many thousands of years were encoded into the prophecies.

Much love!

So, your dismissal of my post rests on your dislike of being called out for your belief in the pre-trib theology. You have stated your belief in the Pre-trib understanding and defended that position on this forum many times.

You, in your own way, have also constructed a straw man argument in your rebuttal. Marks, I have interacted with you over many years now and know your position well. I have argued with you against the Pre-trib position that you hold to and we have generally come to the position that we will agree to disagree.

Your other objection was my use of the word, "we," which includes more than just you and me in the thrust of the intent of that sentence.

So, other than you are being personally challenged by me in my previous post, you do not disagree with the basis of my argument against your post quoted, in my post in general then.

So that my point that both the living and the dead will stand before Christ to be judged at the time of the GWTR judgement is true.