A Spirit of Unbelief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Jesus had to die bodily before He could be resurrected.

The power to walk as He did is within and upon us. We have it already, but is a matter of how much of what we have are we manifesting and walking in. The flesh wars against the spirit and there are distractions of earthly life....there is the matter of how much of our flesh we are dying to or have died to. That's what the chastisements as sons is for to help beat our flesh down and kill it, which is a progressive work in our lives. And that is how we GROW in the Lord......as "we" decrease, He increases, as we also seek that, seeking His kingdom and righteousness.
Yes it’s why we are to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh so we will not grieve the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. We are the temple of God.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even Jesus had to die bodily before He could be resurrected.

That is assuming Jesus had to die before He could walk like Himself. We walk in His resurrection life once we are crucified with Him. That life is given to us when we die with Him...on His cross. The result is being translated into the kingdom realm...where we are set free from the bondage to sin...and the limitations we have by being in the flesh. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Nobody seems to actually believe that. It takes faith to receive the gospel in full resolution.
The power to walk as He did is within and upon us.

No. It is in Jesus...and will always remain there. So we are to remain in HIM so as to partake of His power...to be where He is. You didn't comment on John 14 and how we have an abiding place in the kingdom ...WHEN ...we are where He is. That where I am you shall also be". The difference between belief and faith is that belief says...one day when I'm dead I'll be able to abide with Christ and bear eternal fruit...but not now. :oops:

Faith says...I have access to the fullness of God right now. Faith doesn't try to take away from this.. .

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, [18] May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; [19] And to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fulness of God.
We have it already, but is a matter of how much of what we have are we manifesting and walking in.

That's the assuming again. You won't go to God because you think you already have all sufficiency within you. The point of getting a sample of grace is to have you go to Him...if you desire intimacy with Him...and return to Him the same way the one leper out of ten did.

The flesh wars against the spirit and there are distractions of earthly life....there is the matter of how much of our flesh we are dying to or have died to.

No one dies to the flesh little by little. We can be weaned of the flesh to a certain degree. Mixing that up with being dead is what Paul is referring to when he says...always learning (improving) but never coming to the knowledge of the truth. IOW...always remaining in the limitations of the carnal flesh rather than going to God to be translated into the kingdom realm...to walk as Jesus walked.
That's what the chastisements as sons is for to help beat our flesh down and kill it, which is a progressive work in our lives.

Again, we can be weaned of that dependence...as a standard under the law. David speaks of this. Of course that also is necessary. But in the NT we have the full measure of grace to consider...or to ignore as so many do.
And that is how we GROW in the Lord......as "we" decrease, He increases, as we also seek that, seeking His kingdom and righteousness.
John the Baptist was a righteous man. Nice of you to quote him. But One who is greater than he has come. Find out about Him.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is assuming Jesus had to die before He could walk like Himself. We walk in His resurrection life once we are crucified with Him. That life is given to us when we die with Him...on His cross. The result is being translated into the kingdom realm...where we are set free from the bondage to sin...and the limitations we have by being in the flesh. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Nobody seems to actually believe that. It takes faith to receive the gospel in full resolution.

No. It is in Jesus...and will always remain there. So we are to remain in HIM so as to partake of His power...to be where He is. You didn't comment on John 14 and how we have an abiding place in the kingdom ...WHEN ...we are where He is. That where I am you shall also be". The difference between belief and faith is that belief says...one day when I'm dead I'll be able to abide with Christ and bear eternal fruit...but not now. :oops:

Faith says...I have access to the fullness of God right now. Faith doesn't try to take away from this.. .

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, [18] May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; [19] And to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fulness of God.

That's the assuming again. You won't go to God because you think you already have all sufficiency within you. The point of getting a sample of grace is to have you go to Him...if you desire intimacy with Him...and return to Him the same way the one leper out of ten did.

No one dies to the flesh little by little. We can be weaned of the flesh to a certain degree. Mixing that up with being dead is what Paul is referring to when he says...always learning (improving) but never coming to the knowledge of the truth. IOW...always remaining in the limitations of the carnal flesh rather than going to God to be translated into the kingdom realm...to walk as Jesus walked.

Again, we can be weaned of that dependence...as a standard under the law. David speaks of this. Of course that also is necessary. But in the NT we have the full measure of grace to consider...or to ignore as so many do.

John the Baptist was a righteous man. Nice of you to quote him. But One who is greater than he has come. Find out about Him.
I don't know if we are talking about the same things or not. But I consider Jesus who left His glory and deity behind so to speak to come live on this earth as a man (yet without sin) who obeyed the Father and submitted to and relied on, the Holy Spirit....setting the example for us. Yet unlike us, the bible says He had the Spirit without measure, ie, He had all the gifts of the Spirit and unlimited faith. However, He didn't walk in the heavenly realm at all times but tasted of it when He was transfigured on the mount (and wouldn't doubt other times as well). Not until He had died and was resurrected was He glorified in a permanent way (returned to the glory that He had with the Father before coming to earth). He had to go through death in order to be able to return to the heavenly realm permanently. Now "death worketh in us" inwardly so that we go from glory to glory, growing in the inner man, but we will not be likewise entirely changed and glorified until our bodies die. So I do not see holiness as meaning that anyone is walking in the heavenly realm at all times. As we see in the bible before His death and resurrection Jesus was holy and walked in the Spirit at all times, but He was not being "transfigured" and glorified at all times.

But yes, as the Lord told the Israelites they would take possession of the land little by little (put to death, as it were, and overcome their and God's 'enemies') otherwise the wild beasts would increase and take over (due to a greatly diminished population). The wild beasts I believe is an allegory for things such as pride and a tendency to forget God when things are going well taking us over. There is a necessity for us to suffer and do battle due to our humanity and weakness of the flesh. God in His wisdom doesn't hand everything to us on a silver platter even though it is all a done deal and "finished", and He could do that. The scripture says that God "had" given the Promised Land to the Israelites, but they still had to enter it and do battle. We ARE entering it little by little as long as we are seeking and growing....where Jesus spoke about the spiritual leaders of the Jews hindering those who were "entering" the kingdom.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know if we are talking about the same things or not.

Obviously not! ;)
But I consider Jesus who left His glory and deity behind so to speak to come live on this earth as a man (yet without sin) who obeyed the Father and submitted to and relied on, the Holy Spirit....setting the example for us.

Jesus didn't leave His deity behind. He left His glory...in order to increase it. Jesus went from glory to glory....just as we can by entering into His life and no longer walking as a mere human. THAT is our example to follow.
Yet unlike us, the bible says He had the Spirit without measure, ie, He had all the gifts of the Spirit and unlimited faith. However, He didn't walk in the heavenly realm at all times but tasted of it when He was transfigured on the mount (and wouldn't doubt other times as well).

LOL.. Your imagination fails you. Jesus ONLY did what He saw His Father doing. Jesus was ALWAYS God and spiritual. What Jesus had to learn was the human level of righteousness. Jesus was baptized in water by John. WHY? To fulfill ALL righteousness. Jesus as a boy, had to learn to think about human concerns. Jesus had to experience how people act DIRECTLY to a divine being that looks , walks and speaks just like them. He did that to model what a follower to come would have to experience in the very same way. He had to go first...mix divinity with humanity.
Not until He had died and was resurrected was He glorified in a permanent way (returned to the glory that He had with the Father before coming to earth). He had to go through death in order to be able to return to the heavenly realm permanently.

That's not the reason. IT sounds like you are getting this from a comic strip. :rolleyes:
Now "death worketh in us" inwardly so that we go from glory to glory, growing in the inner man, but we will not be likewise entirely changed and glorified until our bodies die. So I do not see holiness as meaning that anyone is walking in the heavenly realm at all times.

You don't yet understand the gospel. OR, the keeping power of God. Why do you speak in mere speculation all the time. You don't understand because you have not experienced.
As we see in the bible before His death and resurrection Jesus was holy and walked in the Spirit at all times, but He was not being "transfigured" and glorified at all times.

But yes, as the Lord told the Israelites they would take possession of the land little by little (put to death, as it were, and overcome their and God's 'enemies') otherwise the wild beasts would increase and take over (due to a greatly diminished population). The wild beasts I believe is an allegory for things such as pride and a tendency to forget God when things are going well taking us over. There is a necessity for us to suffer and do battle due to our humanity and weakness of the flesh. God in His wisdom doesn't hand everything to us on a silver platter even though it is all a done deal and "finished", and He could do that. The scripture says that God "had" given the Promised Land to the Israelites, but they still had to enter it and do battle. We ARE entering it little by little as long as we are seeking and growing....where Jesus spoke about the spiritual leaders of the Jews hindering those who were "entering" the kingdom.
The Israelites taking the land represents not purity but maturity. We learn to be mature as saints IN the heavenly walk. You will NEVER be sanctified unless you are translated into the heavenly realm to walk WHERE Jesus is...in the abode He has prepared so that where HE IS we can also be.

It's the same as an astronaut learns to be a Martian by living on Mars. Can we call an Earth astronaut a Martian? No...not before He travels there and abides there. All these earthbound believers can talk about sanctification all they want. It's takes too much honesty to admit one still is a carnal believer. (stuck in Romans 7 or worse)

O, the privileged pride of the rich....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if we are talking about the same things or not. But I consider Jesus who left His glory and deity behind so to speak to come live on this earth as a man (yet without sin) who obeyed the Father and submitted to and relied on, the Holy Spirit....setting the example for us. Yet unlike us, the bible says He had the Spirit without measure, ie, He had all the gifts of the Spirit and unlimited faith. However, He didn't walk in the heavenly realm at all times but tasted of it when He was transfigured on the mount (and wouldn't doubt other times as well). Not until He had died and was resurrected was He glorified in a permanent way (returned to the glory that He had with the Father before coming to earth). He had to go through death in order to be able to return to the heavenly realm permanently. Now "death worketh in us" inwardly so that we go from glory to glory, growing in the inner man, but we will not be likewise entirely changed and glorified until our bodies die. So I do not see holiness as meaning that anyone is walking in the heavenly realm at all times. As we see in the bible before His death and resurrection Jesus was holy and walked in the Spirit at all times, but He was not being "transfigured" and glorified at all times.

The pharisees could even quoate truths yet KNEW NOT the TRUTH .
Keep that in mind for you are writing to a man who teacheth THERE IS NO NEED to EVEN BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
Thus as with men they can know some truths and yet KNOW NOT THE TRUTH . Keep that in mind dear sister .
Now concering such men who say That folks have no need to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
i dont heed a one who does such a thing .
Matters not if they know many concepts about the cross , IF they preach against the dire need to BELEIVE ON
HE who actually was crucified on THAT CROSS . NO HEEDING THAT ONE .
cause a man cannot put THE HORSE IN THE CART and then by his own ability PULL THE CART . IT WONT be happening .
For though he groan , strain and tug and jerk , THAT CART AINT MOVING AN INCH . ITs all in vain and in vain IT ALL IS
if one thinks folks have no need to BELIEVE on CHRIST JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There once was a man walking on a long journey through the great valley .
Along came a wise travler and told him You are headed the wrong way . For you are on the road
that leads to destruction .
So the man showed Him the narrow road . And provided Him a Cart and a Horse to pull the cart .
Then man then enters in and begins his journey .
Some time later he sees a man just off the path and to the side of the path .
He sees the man pulling and pulling with Wheels upon His back and the HORSE in the cart .
To which he tells the man , What is this you have done .
Dont you know THE HORSE is not What we put in THE CART and then we ourselves try and pull both the cart and the horse .
NO , no my friend , You hitch the cart to the HORSE and the horse will pull you and the cart .
To which the great overseer said , ALAS THAT IS RELIGOIN , THAT IS BELIEF and BELIEF is dangerous
And that is what I BELIEVE .
The other man tried to convince the great overseer but he could not be convinced .
About that time the GROUND SUDDENLY SHOOK Greatly
and the great overseer started to suddenly fly backwards
and as he was last seen flying down into the great PIT
he could be heard saying , SEE I TOLD YA I COULD GET IT TO MOVE . Now go ye and learn that .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There once was a man walking on a long journey through the great valley .
Along came a wise travler and told him You are headed the wrong way . For you are on the road
that leads to destruction .
So the man showed Him the narrow road . And provided Him a Cart and a Horse to pull the cart .
Then man then enters in and begins his journey .
Some time later he sees a man just off the path and to the side of the path .
He sees the man pulling and pulling with Wheels upon His back and the HORSE in the cart .
To which he tells the man , What is this you have done .
Dont you know THE HORSE is not What we put in THE CART and then we ourselves try and pull both the cart and the horse .
NO , no my friend , You hitch the cart to the HORSE and the horse will pull you and the cart .
To which the great overseer said , ALAS THAT IS RELIGOIN , THAT IS BELIEF and BELIEF is dangerous
And that is what I BELIEVE .
The other man tried to convince the great overseer but he could not be convinced .
About that time the GROUND SUDDENLY SHOOK Greatly
and the great overseer started to suddenly fly backwards
and as he was last seen flying down into the great PIT
he could be heard saying , SEE I TOLD YA I COULD GET IT TO MOVE . Now go ye and learn that .
Thank you for your testimony. I hope you find your way back onto the narrow path.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Obviously not! ;)

Jesus didn't leave His deity behind. He left His glory...in order to increase it. Jesus went from glory to glory....just as we can by entering into His life and no longer walking as a mere human. THAT is our example to follow.

LOL.. Your imagination fails you. Jesus ONLY did what He saw His Father doing. Jesus was ALWAYS God and spiritual. What Jesus had to learn was the human level of righteousness. Jesus was baptized in water by John. WHY? To fulfill ALL righteousness. Jesus as a boy, had to learn to think about human concerns. Jesus had to experience how people act DIRECTLY to a divine being that looks , walks and speaks just like them. He did that to model what a follower to come would have to experience in the very same way. He had to go first...mix divinity with humanity.

That's not the reason. IT sounds like you are getting this from a comic strip. :rolleyes:

You don't yet understand the gospel. OR, the keeping power of God. Why do you speak in mere speculation all the time. You don't understand because you have not experienced.

The Israelites taking the land represents not purity but maturity. We learn to be mature as saints IN the heavenly walk. You will NEVER be sanctified unless you are translated into the heavenly realm to walk WHERE Jesus is...in the abode He has prepared so that where HE IS we can also be.

It's the same as an astronaut learns to be a Martian by living on Mars. Can we call an Earth astronaut a Martian? No...not before He travels there and abides there. All these earthbound believers can talk about sanctification all they want. It's takes too much honesty to admit one still is a carnal believer. (stuck in Romans 7 or worse)

O, the privileged pride of the rich....
Of course Jesus was God, but He emptied Himself and humbled Himself to walk as a servant..... ie, to walk as a man, in that He relied on God and obeyed Him the same as we mere mortals have to do. He accomplished what He did as a man who obeyed God and whose power came from God.....in order that we who are not God but mere man could follow in His footsteps. We are not God, so how could we walk as Jesus did if He was walking the earth as God? No, we are to walk as He did, in the Spirit, in moment by moment obedience and reliance on the Spirit of God.

I've experienced things, and I know it's possible to misinterpret or not understand or not fully understand what one has experienced. Even Paul couldn't say whether he was in the body or out of it when he went to the third heaven. An experience like that is something more than walking in the spirit, which I'm sure Paul was doing in his life without constantly visiting heaven that way. And the body of Jesus had to die, like a seed has to die, in order to receive a glorified body in a permanent way, so to speak (not taking into account that the heavenly realm is not bound and limited by time).

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course Jesus was God, but He emptied Himself and humbled Himself to walk as a servant..... ie, to walk as a man, in that He relied on God and obeyed Him the same as we mere mortals have to do. He accomplished what He did as a man who obeyed God and whose power came from God.....in order that we who are not God but mere man could follow in His footsteps. We are not God, so how could we walk as Jesus did if He was walking the earth as God? No, we are to walk as He did, in the Spirit, in moment by moment obedience and reliance on the Spirit of God.

I've experienced things, and I know it's possible to misinterpret or not understand or not fully understand what one has experienced. Even Paul couldn't say whether he was in the body or out of it when he went to the third heaven. An experience like that is something more than walking in the spirit, which I'm sure Paul was doing in his life without constantly visiting heaven that way. And the body of Jesus had to die, like a seed has to die, in order to receive a glorified body in a permanent way, so to speak (not taking into account that the heavenly realm is not bound and limited by time).
Who gives to God as if God needs anything? Some scriptures below that show Jesus had set aside His deity as it were, to walk as a man, a sinless man who perfectly obeyed and submitted to and relied on the Father, the firstborn among many brethren who spear-headed as our forerunner, the same Way we who are not God are to follow Him in.

Jhn 17:1-2

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Jhn 17:7-8

Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Mat 26:53

Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Mat 28:18

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Heb 5:8-9

Though he were a Son, YET learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Heb 2:10

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who gives to God as if God needs anything? Some scriptures below that show Jesus had set aside His deity as it were, to walk as a man, a sinless man who perfectly obeyed and submitted to and relied on the Father, the firstborn among many brethren who spear-headed as our forerunner, the same Way we who are not God are to follow Him in.

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
Unto those who obey HIM . just want to remind us all . JESUS SAID YE MUST BELIEVE .
As i said and continue to say , For i take the advice of Christ and the apostles , IF a man cometh and preaches not
the true gospel but some other gospel , YEAH i wont be heeding that man . I DONT GIVE A FAT RIP what he got to say either .
IF we cannot EVEN BELIEVE WE MUST BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS , THEN WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE CHRIST JESUS at all .
And what else matters if one believes not that JESUS IS the CHRIST . NUTTING its all vain and the second death awaits .
Many folks gonna wear themselves out cause they DIDNT take the advice of CHRIST and later the apostels .
THEN they will in time JOIN the lovey do . We cant make it if we dont heed HIM .
The overseer is gone sister . You might not want to hear that , it even brought tears to my eye to type it .
I wanted good and still want good for all . BUT HE WONT HEED . THUS i wont HEED A WORD HE SAYS .
Aint even gonna wear myself out trying to debate aspects about the truth with him either .
OH i might still correct and remind from time to time . But you can bet the reminder is always gonna come with
YA GOTTA BELEIVE or its all vain . I am watching folks wear down and i am watching them
then go into a mindset of , OH WELL we all just brethren anway , lets not strive over this or that
and they begin to leave off doctrine and merge with THE HARLOTS LOVE CALL .
I seen this too much and too often . GOTTA LET HIM GO SISTER . HE HAS G REATLY
resisted the TRUTH . YOU WONT EVER HEAR HIM SAY one MUST FIRST BELIEVE . TRUTH is HE HAS DOUBLED DOWN
all efforts against that TRUTH and just hollers more than ever , RELIGOIN EGO , RELIGOIN BELIEF
yet all the while he cant see ITS HE WHO IS what he accuses true lambs of BEING . TIME FOR JESUS TO GET PREACHED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We gotta do as the apostels said to do . Gotta let him go sister . It hurts i know it does
but we gotta let him go . Turn him over to GOD and let GOD JUDGE HIM .
LORD willing HE might repent . But its useless to debate scriptures and the cross with this man any longer .
HE wont even Take heed to the simple gospel that one must BELEIVE . Sure we can correct him from time to time
but as far as trying to debate him . DO THIS INSTEAD . every time the man types anything
WHETHER TRUE or not , SAY with upmost confidence , YA GOTTA BELEIVE IN JESUS CHRIST or its all IN VAIN
and the second death shall await any and all who taught we had not need to beleive on JESUS CHRIST .
Its vain to try and reason with a man who simply flat out refused and refuses and continues to refuse and to refuse
to even ADMIT WE GOTTA BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST . IF anything
everytime he responds simply say , YOU GOTTA BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST . IT can be just those
simple six words and continue to unload and unload it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your testimony. I hope you find your way back onto the narrow path.
If a man cometh and brings not THIS GOSPEL ................
as you can see i dont waste too much time on epi . The man refuses to even believe that others must believe on CHRIST JESUS
he just teaches this other stuff , aspects about the cross . At most its no more than did the unbelieving jews
they taught and they taught and could at times teach truths , YET DID NOT KNOW THE TRUTH at all .
EPI is big time infected with the lie that will not and cannot save . IT IS the lie
that will UNITE ALL RELIGOINS , now that it will certainly do . BUT IT UNITES THEM ALL UNDER THE LIE
and the FATHER OF LIES . I am going out the way GOD brought me in , FAITHFUL TO JESUS CHRIST
and sounding out the TRUE GOSPEL that one says and has said through all times , BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS .
BELIEVE YE IN HE WHOM GOD DID SEND . cause without FAITH IN HIM , ITS ALL VAIN . and that be a FACT .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If a man cometh and brings not THIS GOSPEL ................
as you can see i dont waste too much time on epi . The man refuses to even believe that others must believe on CHRIST JESUS
he just teaches this other stuff , aspects about the cross . At most its no more than did the unbelieving jews
they taught and they taught and could at times teach truths , YET DID NOT KNOW THE TRUTH at all .
EPI is big time infected with the lie that will not and cannot save . IT IS the lie
that will UNITE ALL RELIGOINS , now that it will certainly do . BUT IT UNITES THEM ALL UNDER THE LIE
and the FATHER OF LIES . I am going out the way GOD brought me in , FAITHFUL TO JESUS CHRIST
and sounding out the TRUE GOSPEL that one says and has said through all times , BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS .
BELIEVE YE IN HE WHOM GOD DID SEND . cause without FAITH IN HIM , ITS ALL VAIN . and that be a FACT .
It must hurt to be under the strain of so much bloviating. :rolleyes:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He does not comprehend what the cross means.. so he can't understand what Christ did..

Reactions: Lizbeth

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He does not comprehend what the cross means.. so he can't understand what Christ did..
LOL. You think you understand anything at any depth. Your system is simplistic in the extreme....and does not take into consideration such things as the bible, the truth, God and the reality of the gospel.

It's not just what Christ did..but what Christ is DOING. You are not in a history class. You won't be judged by your beliefs or by citing bible factoids.

The cross is what YOU are supposed to be put to death on. The outer man of carnal motivation...self-interest...self-preservation.

Many want to be clothed in power but few want to be stripped of self.

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. You think you understand anything at any depth. Your system is simplistic in the extreme....and does not take into consideration such things as the bible, the truth, God and the reality of the gospel.
Really, simplistic?

Like when God told Moses to raise a serpent on a pole. and told the people who were bitten to look up in faith and they will live, and those who did nto would die?

How many people died because they thought it was to simplistic to merely trust God and look up?

And how many lived because in faith they looked up. and through that one act of faith lived through the torment of being bitten by these serpents?

It's not just what Christ did..but what Christ is DOING.
Salvation is based on what Christ did. Apart from the cross. You have no salvation.
You are not in a history class. You won't be judged by your beliefs or by citing bible factoids.
Oh but I will be judged by what I believe concerning the cross.

Jesus made it clear. He who believes is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already.

The cross is what YOU are supposed to be put to death on. The outer man of carnal motivation...self-interest...self-preservation.

Many want to be clothed in power but few want to be stripped of self.
Many want to be clothed in self. and refuse to be clothed in the blood.

Only those clothed in the blood will be saved..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really, simplistic?

Like when God told Moses to raise a serpent on a pole. and told the people who were bitten to look up in faith and they will live, and those who did nto would die?

How many people died because they thought it was to simplistic to merely trust God and look up?

And how many lived because in faith they looked up. and through that one act of faith lived through the torment of being bitten by these serpents?

You think you will be judged by looking at a pole? Or pointing to a cross? You have your self-preservational flesh in a religious quandary. All who looked at the pole survived that day, but perished anyway in the wilderness.

You are untaught in anything beyond what a bible salesman might tell you...for money.
Salvation is based on what Christ did. Apart from the cross. You have no salvation.

Apart from resurrection life, we are all dead in our sins. Why do you try to steal away for self what Jesus did for the whole world? For self-preservation? Did Jesus die so we could justify ourselves for pointing to Him and claiming Him as OUR sacrificial Lamb? What say does Jesus have in any of this? Or is that up to the individual to pass judgment on himself? You forget that all who seek to save their life will lose it. But then that's just Jesus speaking...go back to ignoring His words and justifying yourself by pointing at Him.
Oh but I will be judged by what I believe concerning the cross.

Ridiculous. There is no opinion meter in heaven. No Galup poll. What you believe ABOUT Jesus and the cross are no concern to God. Totally in the sphere of religious hucksterism.
Jesus made it clear. He who believes is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already.

Believes INTO Him for life and being not condemned...and believes Him and His words or not for condemnation. Why do you say you love Him and do not what He says.

You need actual bible reading lessons.
Many want to be clothed in self. and refuse to be clothed in the blood.

Only those clothed in the blood will be saved..
Your pretend clothing? Or is that unseen blood and unseen clothing? Just like the emperors new clothes. Religious hucksters strike again! Do you pretend to put it on with arm gestures?

Where is the power of His resurrection life in that blood? Without the power to walk as Jesus walked...it is only a vivid religious imagination that is immunizing you from receiving the true blood.

Reactions: faithfulness