A Spirit of Unbelief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is the last quick-vid taken from the latest podcast...podcast #18. I post these for your consideration. Rather than comparing my posts with what you already believe or have been taught, I ask you to compare what I say with the Bible. This video is very short, certain to not take up much of your time. There is a link provided to the full podcast in the video. :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The wonder of the Cross of Christ is that its always available to offer spiritual restoration with God.

Jesus told us that "if I be lifted up on the CROSS, i will DRAW ALL (people) to me'...

Well, He's now in Heaven, Yet, the Beautiful Cross of Christ that is God's offer of eternal BLOOD Atonement, that was raised over 2000 yrs ago, is still imparting its offer of Grace through Faith.

Also, when we say..."The preaching of the Cross, is the power of God, unto Salvation", ... we are not describing the pieces of TREE.
We are describing, as Paul teaches, the Sacrifice that is Jesus's finished work upon the Cross.

Also, when we read John 14:6, and Jesus says, that He is the only WAY to the Father.... He is literally describing His Sacrifice for the "sin of the World"....that He has accomplished on The Cross.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The wonder of the Cross of Christ is that its always available to offer spiritual restoration with God.

Jesus told us that "if I be lifted up on the CROSS, i will DRAW ALL (people) to me'...

Well, He's now in Heaven, Yet, the Beautiful Cross of Christ that is God's offer of eternal BLOOD Atonement, that was raised over 2000 yrs ago, is still imparting its offer of Grace through Faith.

So far so good.
Also, when we say..."The preaching of the Cross, is the power of God, unto Salvation", ... we are not describing the pieces of TREE.
We are describing, as Paul teaches, the Sacrifice that is Jesus's finished work upon the Cross.

This is religious mumbo jumbo, based on a scheme devised by Luther. Not biblical ...not apostolic.

The power of God through the cross is what WE experience to be set free from sin. The "finished work" is toward us who are crucified with Christ to be raised again to walk in His resurrection life.

Putting a human "trust" in what Jesus did...has no power. Believing in a historical event is not a bad thing...but it doesn't empower a person to be free from the power of sin. Only the experience of the power of the cross sets us free. Paul gloried in the cross because it set him free.

Gal. 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Does Paul say he glories in the cross because that makes him forgiven in his ongoing bondage to sin??? Or is it rather glorying in the power of the cross that takes away the pull of this world on him?

Think with at least SOME honesty.
Also, when we read John 14:6, and Jesus says, that He is the only WAY to the Father.... He is literally describing His Sacrifice for the "sin of the World"....that He has accomplished on The Cross.
Jesus brings us to the Father as we enter INTO Him. The cross liberates us from the confines of our flesh....into divine fellowship with the Father. When we abide IN Christ we have a direct fellowship with God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So far so good.

This is religious mumbo jumbo, based on a scheme devised by Luther. Not biblical ...not apostolic.

Actually i quoted Paul, from the New Testament.
This explains why you are not familiar with the verse.

Here, let me show you more of Paul's Theology.
And, Episkopos, when this becomes your Doctrine, then you'll have found the Light.
But not until.
-
KJ21
For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
ASV
For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
AMP
for I made the decision to know nothing [that is, to forego philosophical or theological discussions regarding inconsequential things and opinions while] among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified [and the meaning of His redemptive, substitutionary death and His resurrection].
AMPC
For I resolved to know nothing (to be acquainted with nothing, to make a display of the knowledge of nothing, and to be conscious of nothing) among you except Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and Him crucified.
BRG
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
CSB
I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
CEB
I had made up my mind not to think about anything while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and to preach him as crucified.
CJB
for I had decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Yeshua the Messiah, and even him only as someone who had been executed on a stake as a criminal.
CEV
In fact, while I was with you, I made up my mind to speak only about Jesus Christ, who had been nailed to a cross.
DARBY
For I did not judge [it well] to know anything among you save Jesus Christ, and *him* crucified.
DLNT
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ— and this One having been crucified.
DRA
For I judged not myself to know anything among you, but Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
ERV
I decided that while I was with you I would forget about everything except Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.
EHV
For I had no intention of knowing anything among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
ESV
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
ESVUK
EXB
[L For] I ·decided [resolved] that while I was with you I would ·forget about everything [L not know anything] except Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.
GNV
For I esteemed not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
GW
While I was with you, I decided to deal with only one subject—Jesus Christ, who was crucified.
GNT
For while I was with you, I made up my mind to forget everything except Jesus Christ and especially his death on the cross.
HCSB
For I didn’t think it was a good idea to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
ICB
I decided that while I was with you I would forget about everything except Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The gospel has a perfect correlation to the calling of the Israelites into the Promised Land.

Notice this...

Heb. 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually i quoted Paul, from the New Testament.
This explains why you are not familiar with the verse.

Here, let me show you more of Paul's Theology.
And, Episkopos, when this becomes your Doctrine, then you'll have found the Light.
But not until.
-
KJ21
For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
ASV
For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
AMP
for I made the decision to know nothing [that is, to forego philosophical or theological discussions regarding inconsequential things and opinions while] among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified [and the meaning of His redemptive, substitutionary death and His resurrection].
AMPC
For I resolved to know nothing (to be acquainted with nothing, to make a display of the knowledge of nothing, and to be conscious of nothing) among you except Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and Him crucified.
BRG
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
CSB
I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
CEB
I had made up my mind not to think about anything while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and to preach him as crucified.
CJB
for I had decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Yeshua the Messiah, and even him only as someone who had been executed on a stake as a criminal.
CEV
In fact, while I was with you, I made up my mind to speak only about Jesus Christ, who had been nailed to a cross.
DARBY
For I did not judge [it well] to know anything among you save Jesus Christ, and *him* crucified.
DLNT
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ— and this One having been crucified.
DRA
For I judged not myself to know anything among you, but Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
ERV
EHV
For I had no intention of knowing anything among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
ESV
ESVUK
EXB
[L For] I ·decided [resolved] that while I was with you I would ·forget about everything [L not know anything] except Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.
GNV
For I esteemed not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
GW
While I was with you, I decided to deal with only one subject—Jesus Christ, who was crucified.
GNT
For while I was with you, I made up my mind to forget everything except Jesus Christ and especially his death on the cross.
HCSB
For I didn’t think it was a good idea to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
ICB
You have misunderstood Paul. He preached a Messiah that was crucified as opposed to a Messiah that would come and liberate the people of Israel in a political way.

Your dogmatic conditioning is insufficient to get any handle of what Paul is relating.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The "finished work"

The "finished work" is Christ about to die for your sin.
He said so, from the Cross.

Putting a human "trust" in what Jesus did...has no power.

Jesus says you are not understanding "Grace through Faith".

He said this... "all that BELIEVE in Me.. (trust) I give unto them ETERNAL LIFE< and they shall never go to Hell, (perish).

. Paul gloried in the cross because it set him free.

Me too.
That is why i spend most of my time posting about the Power of the Cross.
'
(See my posts and Thread's for that update)

Does Paul say he glories in the cross because that makes him forgiven in his ongoing bondage to sin???

Paul teaches that "The CROSS IS.... the power of God......unto Salvation, for everyone who Believes".

So, in that "POWER" that is the "Cross" Preached, we find that God offers the deliverance, the "set free from Sin",

This is the Resurrection Power of Christ The Lord, delivered upon the Cross and by His Resurrection, to "all who call and believe".

This is the "Blood Atonement'.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your dogmatic conditioning is insufficient to get any handle of what Paul is relating.

Paul's Theology is not dogmatic, but it is eternal and required.

Jesus literally chose Him, to be the very "vessel" who delivers the Gospel of the Grace of God that is "the preaching of the Cross".

Paul told you that "we preach CHRIST CRUCIFIED" and this he said will be a stumbling block to Jews, and to people who chase Calvin, and prefer to work out their own salvation by trying to "work righteousness" to be accept by God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The gospel has a perfect correlation to the calling of the Israelites into the Promised Land.

"Christ in you, the hope of GLORY"..
"Glory" is the KOG, or Heaven, or to have become "one with God" "in Christ".
Its all of this..

In John 14:6, Jesus says that He is THE WAY....

To the FATHER

This is the CROSS of Christ, as "the Cross is the POWER OF GOD...unto Salvation".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Behold is on this thread to show how the modern gospel is based...in the end...on a justification for sin that reveals the same old power of the flesh...in bondage to sin...as if Jesus came only to forgive the prisoners, not set them free. People are enticed in this scheme to justify themselves for accepting a religious ideology that actually short-circuits the power of grace.

So then everything @Behold says is based on that sinful justification. Thanks to him in advance for presenting the modern gospel....to be a comparison to the true gospel of the kingdom, according to Jesus and the apostles.

The true gospel of the kingdom that Paul preached is about embracing the cross that has the power to crucify the flesh and set the inner man free to walk in resurrection life ABOVE sin.

The law of the Spirit of life overcomes the law of sin and death the way the law of flight overcomes the law of gravity. Walking in the Spirit frees us from ALL sin. No spot or wrinkle of sin. That's the power behind the true gospel.

So either you accept a carnal religious gospel that has no power other than to deceive. (That gospel was conjured up by the monk Luther.)

OR>>>

You receive the gospel of the kingdom that informs us of the access we now have to the kingdom realm where there is the power (grace) to be freed from sin INTO divine fellowship with the living God.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
]@Behold is on this thread to show how the modern gospel is based...in the end.

Lets look at Paul's Gospel, or as you defined it... "Modern".

Romans 1:16.

""" For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the POWER OF GOD unto salvation to every one that believeth"""

Notice reader.....that this power of God producing something when it is applied to you through your faith.
It produces.... "unto Salvation". It produces "born again".. It produces "A new creation in Christ".
This means, you are taken from darkness to Light, and from Hell to Heaven... From lost to Saved.. From sinner to Redeemed Saint.
You are changed from "Lost" to "In Christ"..., which IS the Power, and in this is your Salvation and your eternal life found.

Here is Light.
Jesus is Eternal Life., and Jesus in you is your eternal life.
You are spiritually joined to Jesus, and this joins you to eternal life.
When someone asks you...>"Do you have eternal life"....You say..>"yes, i have Jesus in me, who is Eternal life, Himself"..... as Jesus said, """I came to give you LIFE, and that more abundantly.""" And Jesus said....i am the Resurrection and the LIFE"..
See that LIFE?
You have that, if you are born again.....and that LIFE is everlasting... never-ending.

This is why Paul teaches you that he "preaches the CROSS".....as the POWER of the Transformation into that LIFE, (born again) proves you have become a Son of God, because you become spiritually transformed.
And all this is ours BASED ON = "the finished work of Christ on the Cross".
See.....When Jesus from the Cross said...>"IT is finished"..>He was telling you that Redemption, Eternal Life, Salvation, as GOD's GRACE, has been completed for you 2000 yrs ago.
And God says...>>Now give me your faith in My Son The Redeeming Sacrifice of "all who believe"..., and i'll give you His redemption and His Salvation , as "THE GIFT of Salvation", and "The GIFT of Righteousness".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are we to expose the spirit of unbelief that has infiltrated the church ...or continue to hide and ignore the sign of the times?

Will darkness prevail over the light?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The true gospel of the kingdom that Paul preached is about embracing the cross that has the power to crucify the flesh and set the inner man free to walk in resurrection life ABOVE sin.

Its great that now that Im here, you are talking a lot about the Cross.
This is good.

So, there is one "true Gospel".

Paul said its "MY Gospel".. 3x in the New Testament.
He said that he was taught it by not by any man, but by Jesus The Christ Himself.
So that means it didnt come from Peter.....

Its the "Gospel... of the GRACE of God"..

This is The Cross of Christ, where Jesus has performed this...

"without the shedding of Blood, there is no FORGIVENESS of SIN, no REMISSION"..

So, when this "preaching of the Cross" becomes this..."Faith comes by HEARING".... and the person BELIEVES.... then God accepts their FAITH to apply unto them, this Salvation, this eternal forgiveness of all sin, that Jesus said is the "IT" is FINISHED">... on the Cross, for us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are we to expose the spirit of unbelief that has infiltrated the church ...or continue to hide and ignore the sign of the times?

Will darkness prevail over the light?

Well, we know that the "gates of Hell shall not prevail against the real bride of Christ..(the true Church), and that is not the one that Calvin invented by denying the Cross, and its not the one that the Cult of Mary created that teaches that "water washes away your sin".

But the one true Church that is built on the Prophets and Apostles, that is the "temple of the Holy Spirit", can't be defeated, as the bride of Christ is One with God, and God is Supreme.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You receive the gospel of the kingdom that informs us of the access we now have to the kingdom realm

Its actually beyond that... Episkopos

The reason is.. The Truth is.... the born again are already : IN The KOG, "Having been Translated from Darkness... TO LIGHT"
"Jesus is the Light of the world and the born again are Children of the Light".

What Light ????

This one..."God exists IN LIGHT"...

and this one....."Jesus is the Light shining out of Darkness"..

The born again exist there... already, while in a dying body down here, waiting for the new body.
The born again are given much more then "access".....as we are become born again = "IN CHRIST" and "ONE WITH GOD".

That's more then "access"... so much more.

That is Jesus saying that we are "ONE" with God and Christ.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit of unbelief is to deny Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God and his work of salvation in the Father's plan for mankind's reconciliation .

John 3:17-18 KJV
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath NOT believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "finished work" is Christ about to die for your sin.
He said so, from the Cross.

Jesus says you are not understanding "Grace through Faith".

He said this... "all that BELIEVE in Me.. (trust) I give unto them ETERNAL LIFE< and they shall never go to Hell, (perish).

Me too.
That is why i spend most of my time posting about the Power of the Cross.
'
(See my posts and Thread's for that update)

Paul teaches that "The CROSS IS.... the power of God......unto Salvation, for everyone who Believes".

So, in that "POWER" that is the "Cross" Preached, we find that God offers the deliverance, the "set free from Sin",

This is the Resurrection Power of Christ The Lord, delivered upon the Cross and by His Resurrection, to "all who call and believe".

This is the "Blood Atonement'.
Paul teaches that the CROSS is the POWER OF GOD unto salvation for everyone who ..............BELIEVES .
EPI teaches , YE DONT HAVE TOO . THAT IS THE PROBLEM OF EPI . and i warn us all ITS A DEATH SENTENCE TO TEACH IT TOO .
JESUS wont be denied . THERE is no such thing as a CHRISTLESS CROSS and a PICK UP YOUR OWN CROSS WITHOUT FAITH IN HE WHO WAS CRUCIFIED ON THAT CROSS . EPI preaches nothing more than a WORKS SALVATION that WILL NOT SAVE ONE SOUL EVER .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit of unbelief is to deny Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God and his work of salvation in the Father's plan for mankind's reconciliation .

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath NOT believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Not only is it the spirit of unbelief , lets look at what else john says about those who DENY JESUS AS CHRIST .
HE is a liar who denies JESUS CHRIST , he is .........drum roll ...........................................ANTI CHRIST .
exactly sister . WE STICKING TO JESUS CHRIST , not anti christ .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CLING to CHRIST JESUS dear sister . The lambs are marching onwards in the LORD . Raise those hands and praise the KING .