A Spirit of Unbelief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Need I mention that others will come to this thread to support the premise of the modern gospel as a superficial commitment to a self-preservation based on religious beliefs.

Remember the title of this thread, and see how that is widespread.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never let the spirit unbelief creep in. All it takes is a thought to forumalte and roll into a snowball and cause a crashing into your house.

I may not believe like many people here on this board: but what is known is that one must abide in Christ; one must be honest before God about theirselves (cause your not gonna fool him); the only way to renew the mind of the world is to be renewed in the mind of Christ.

Its take work… hard work that youre flesh is gonna say (lets do something else this is boring and its not entertaining.) Ups and downs of joy and also unhappiness are part of the journey; just look at the Gospels and check out the Old testament.

When your tested to continue to trust in Yahava, or Yahweh. Realize what Yeshua did for you… know he lived… know that he did go through a terrible time in order for you to become spiritually alive by carrying around his death. He will help you carry that burden, and the burden of others that come along the way. If you are desirous of God in your heart.

You will stay commited in faith; even if you doubt you can still ask your Father in heaven to help in your unbelief and to increase your faith. He is good, and is love, and you can ask him in Jesus name and he will provide.

You must have hope, along with that faith to trust and go to your Father and let him know the truth of everything you are… Dont let the spirit of unbelief creep in, it only takes the thought, and walking away from the Lord Yeshua who did everything no one else ever did, and was raised back to life in order that you to, die to yourself, bury the old life and rise into newness of life in Christ; even though you still have sin in you.

Thats something you have to admit with God and continue to trust that he loves you and cares about you and ask him to help change your heart from what it once was; which was like myself full of darkness and there is still darkness there and areas i fail in; but let Jesus christ (the spirit of Christ be your strength,) because Gods grace is enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical spirituality means to be born of God (John 1:12-‐13; John 3:5-‐8; 1 John 4:7), be changed by the grace of Jesus Christ (Rom 12:1-‐2), surrendered and obedient to the Spirit, living according to the Spirit (Rom 8:4-‐11), and consequently empowered by the Spirit to draw others to find life in the Spirit.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:6

The simplicity of the gospel is belief in Christ; unbelief is the cause of eternal separation from God. There is no middle of the road. The way is Jesus as he declared in John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The spirit of the world is as their father of lies, unbelief in a supreme God of judgement!
Unbelief is to do the following,
John 12:48-50 KJV
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical spirituality means to be born of God (John 1:12-‐13; John 3:5-‐8; 1 John 4:7), be changed by the grace of Jesus Christ (Rom 12:1-‐2), surrendered and obedient to the Spirit, living according to the Spirit (Rom 8:4-‐11), and consequently empowered by the Spirit to draw others to find life in the Spirit.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

The simplicity of the gospel is belief in Christ; unbelief is the cause of eternal separation from God. There is no middle of the road. The way is Jesus as he declared in John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The spirit of the world is as their father of lies, unbelief in a supreme God of judgement!
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Thats right dear sister , POINT to CHRIST JESUS till the last breath .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

exactly dear sister . THUS IF JESUS SAID IT GOD SAID IT . Lambs know this to be true . Now let us raise our hands
in honor and glory unto the LORD with lots of praises and thanksgiving .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Something very clear just came to me dear sister .
take a good look at the title of this thread , then examine he who brought it .
Is he not the one who teaches unbelief . I mean he says there is no need to BELIEVE on CHRIST JESUS .
HE calls that ego and religion . rather odd EGO is all about SELF and that is what EPI preaches
But for the lambs , WE GONNA PREACH JESUS CHRIST and all things HE did teach n say . Raise those hands sister
the lambs FOLLOW THE GREAT SHEPARD and a strangers voice they will not follow .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you asked the right question my friend . What is faith . And that you have seen many christains who claim to hve faith in JESUS
and yet .....................
Allow me some parting words .
There once was a man who lived in the hills . One day he woke up and went to turn on his shower
and NOt a drop of water came out .
He goes outside to water his animals , again not a drop of water comes out .
A traveling man comes along about noon . He knocks upon the door of the man .
The man opens his door and says how may i help you .
To which the stranger says Could you spare me a glass of water .
The man then says , OH my dear friend i would give you water only i have no water .
I turned on my shower and nothing and i went outside to water my animals and nothing .
TOwhich the stranger says , YOU have a serious plumbing problem .
The man says yes i do . Sir do you know of a plumber .
The stranger says alas i do . His name is Ricardo Fredrico Lopez . This man can fix any plumbing problem you have dear sir .
So the man thanks the stranger . HE goes back into his house and opens the phone book .
He finds Ricardo Fredrico Lopez , but before he dials he realizes what a minute . There is another Ricardo Fredrico lopez
in this phone book . Then he says another name , same name and another same name .
THEN the man asks himself the GOLDEN question . WHICH ONE IS THE RIGHT ONE i mean they all have the same name .
TIME FOR THE CHURCHES TO DO THE SAME THING .
CAUSE far too many been preaching THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST , ONLY its another jesus they sure seem to be following
obeying and believing in .
THUS HOW WE GONNA KNOW WHICH ONE IS THE RIGHT JESUS CHRIST .
OPEN THE BIBLE AND GET BUSY LEARNING THAT ONE . cause if any cometh and preaches another JESUS
i got real bad news . IT AINT GONNA SAVE THEM . NAME ONLY . BIBLE TIME . Yes , BIBLE TIME .
LET us learn THAT DOCTRINE , that JESUS , the apostels doctrine . HURRY , cause times RUNNING OUT .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now you asked the right question my friend . What is faith . And that you have seen many christains who claim to hve faith in JESUS
and yet .....................
Allow me some parting words .
There once was a man who lived in the hills . One day he woke up and went to turn on his shower
and NOt a drop of water came out .
He goes outside to water his animals , again not a drop of water comes out .
A traveling man comes along about noon . He knocks upon the door of the man .
The man opens his door and says how may i help you .
To which the stranger says Could you spare me a glass of water .
The man then says , OH my dear friend i would give you water only i have no water .
I turned on my shower and nothing and i went outside to water my animals and nothing .
TOwhich the stranger says , YOU have a serious plumbing problem .
The man says yes i do . Sir do you know of a plumber .
The stranger says alas i do . His name is Ricardo Fredrico Lopez . This man can fix any plumbing problem you have dear sir .
So the man thanks the stranger . HE goes back into his house and opens the phone book .
He finds Ricardo Fredrico Lopez , but before he dials he realizes what a minute . There is another Ricardo Fredrico lopez
in this phone book . Then he says another name , same name and another same name .
THEN the man asks himself the GOLDEN question . WHICH ONE IS THE RIGHT ONE i mean they all have the same name .
TIME FOR THE CHURCHES TO DO THE SAME THING .
CAUSE far too many been preaching THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST , ONLY its another jesus they sure seem to be following
obeying and believing in .
THUS HOW WE GONNA KNOW WHICH ONE IS THE RIGHT JESUS CHRIST .
OPEN THE BIBLE AND GET BUSY LEARNING THAT ONE . cause if any cometh and preaches another JESUS
i got real bad news . IT AINT GONNA SAVE THEM . NAME ONLY . BIBLE TIME . Yes , BIBLE TIME .
LET us learn THAT DOCTRINE , that JESUS , the apostels doctrine . HURRY , cause times RUNNING OUT .
There's "Bible Jesus" the Jesus that people assume they know. And then there's the living Jesus...who very few encounter.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A Spirit of Unbelief​

OP ^

AKA, “poor in Spirit”.
(In this world…)
AKA, “there will always be Poor among us”.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There's "Bible Jesus" the Jesus that people assume they know. And then there's the living Jesus...who very few encounter.
The Bible Jesus?

The Living Jesus?

Please direct me to God’s “ Living” word, where it says, the Living Jesus ,who very few encounter?

How would “ YOU” know what believers encounter?......did you birth them in the Spirit?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A Spirit of Unbelief​

OP ^

AKA, “poor in Spirit”.
(In this world…)
AKA, “there will always be Poor among us”.
Yes there are those who are poor in spirit amd they need encouragement, Taken. But there are also though who have the spirit of unbelief that can start to override the holy spirit if they arent careful and pur the trust in humans or themselves and not God and stop looking at the source of life the Son of man/Son of God Yeshua. Two different things.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there are those who are poor in spirit amd they need encouragement, Taken. But there are also though who have the spirit of unbelief that can start to override the holy spirit if they arent careful and pur the trust in humans or themselves and not God and stop looking at the source of life the Son of man/Son of God Yeshua. Two different things.
Hi Matthew ~ (Get what you are saying).

* Yes…Poor in Spirit…(having NOT chosen the Spirit of God to Dwell with and in them.)
* Yes…Poor in Spirit…(HAVING chosen the spirit of Satan and /or the spirit of man to Dwell with them.)
* Two different things (per the man’s CHOICES).

Scripturally ~ Considering the RESULTS of a mans CHOICES with or without God and without having the SAME Consequences…

A man having CHOSEN “WITHOUT” God “IS”
“Poor IN Spirit”…(Poor IN Gods Spirit)…
“IS”…Against God.

Gods Word:
“he who is NOT with me IS AGAINST me”…
Matt 12:30
Luke 11:23

Agree…men poor in Spirit “need” encouragement…

^ ^ That has a LIMITATION.
* A man WITH the Spirit of God, simply SPEAKS the Word of God.
* A man WITHOUT the Spirit of God, HAS choices TO HEAR the Word of God..OR NOT. And further choices TO HEAR the word of God ( and continue Hearing, to stop Hearing, to reject what he Hears, and /or Speak Against what he Hears )

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, @Taken.

Its probably cause I dont understand, and the sermon on the mountain with Jesus expresses that those who are poor in spirit are humble before God and calling out to him.

Those who are unbelievers dont do so… they dont have any belief… they have no rest and they dont trust in God, nor call out to him.

They are unable to find rest.

“Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years. Therefore I was angry with that generation, And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.’ So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ” Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, while it is said: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.” For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭3‬:‭7‬-‭19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Need I mention that others will come to this thread to support the premise of the modern gospel as a superficial commitment to a self-preservation based on religious beliefs.

Remember the title of this thread, and see how that is widespread.
Yet the scripture says, "We who believe have entered that rest."

I'm sorry but this compartmentalizing of everything is of the carnal mind, not the mind of Christ which is spiritual. Stature of Christ vs. stature of God. Righteousness vs. holiness. And now atonement vs. forgiveness. The carnal mind can't perceive the things of the spirit and has to compartmentalize, which always misses the mark and inevitably leads to wrong conclusions.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible Jesus?

The Living Jesus?

Please direct me to God’s “ Living” word, where it says, the Living Jesus ,who very few encounter?

How would “ YOU” know what believers encounter?......did you birth them in the Spirit?
There is a living Jesus to walk in...not just a historical Jesus to believe in.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is a living Jesus to walk in...not just a historical Jesus to believe in.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
I have been “Birthed in the Spirit “.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14

King James Version

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Romans 8:16-25​

King James Version​

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

..therefore I walk and am learning to walk in the Spirit....nowhere in scripture does it tell me to walk in Jesus.....Jesus died on the cross...it’s the Holy Spirit we walk in, who is God as is Jesus, God......we are drawn to Jesus by God as he died for our sins....only the Father can draw us to the Son...we can only be Born Again Through the Son, his name is Jesus.......there is no higher walk as you call it?...

A Born Again belongs to God, they have been birthed in the Holy Spirit...who births our spirit into his....which is a supernatural birth that only God can do...a child of God can’t explain how God births his child, as it’s like the wind....

John 3:8​

“The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

Galatians 5:16-26​

King James Version​

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All who are born of Him have encountered Him and that is the basis from which most of us here are speaking. The issue is what we do with that and growing/maturing from there and how we walk.

But it seems that many in protestant evangelical churches are not even born again....this situation is worse than it used to be I believe, there are more among this generation of church folks coming up who have not truly met Jesus, like in Catholic churches. Seems like it's more and more becoming like the scripture where God says His people have not known Him. I believe this has a lot to do with the fact that the true gospel isn't being preached in most churches - it has become more about entertaining people and keeping them excited these days and preachers preaching their own thoughts instead of the undiluted word of God. It makes me weep sometimes, nevertheless we must not be too discouraged because it is as is written that the Lord reserves to Himself a remnant.

• Love
Reactions: Taken and L.A.M.B.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All who are born of Him have encountered Him and that is the basis from which most of us here are speaking. The issue is what we do with that and growing/maturing from there and how we walk.

But it seems that many in protestant evangelical churches are not even born again....this situation is worse than it used to be I believe, there are more among this generation of church folks coming up who have not truly met Jesus, like in Catholic churches. Seems like it's more and more becoming like the scripture where God says His people have not known Him. I believe this has a lot to do with the fact that the true gospel isn't being preached in most churches - it has become more about entertaining people and keeping them excited these days and preachers preaching their own thoughts instead of the undiluted word of God. It makes me weep sometimes, nevertheless we must not be too discouraged because it is as is written that the Lord reserves to Himself a remnant.
You have to realize that once you've lowered the standard of Christ to beliefs...or even being birthed in the Spirit...rather than a full-blown spiritual walk in the perfection of Christ by grace through faith...you have failed the grace of God.

So what if people are birthed in the Spirit. Is that enough? Is a free sample of grace the same as walking in the Spirit? Paul says...having begun in the Spirit, will you now be perfected through the power of the flesh? Will you try to build on the "Christ in you?" Whereby it is only the religious "you" being built upon...not Christ. So many live in an illusion. Many will try...and continue to think that a dilapidated shack of the outer man is actually a temple. It is wood, hay and stubble claiming to be gold, silver and precious stones. But that will not survive the test in fire. Few indeed will take their empty lamps to God and BUY the oil that brings the higher walk.

We need to go to God...go to the cross, and have our old shacks torn down and a new temple be built on the foundation which is Christ. Can we live in a foundation? OR...are we meant to build on what we have been given as a start?

I see a LOT of shacks...but little to no temple. No faith...just religious beliefs and vain "pointing" to a historic Jesus and what He did for the whole world. I see no disciples...just lip-service.

There should be more humility...more honesty. God will not be mocked.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have been “Birthed in the Spirit “.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14​

King James Version​

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Romans 8:16-25​

King James Version​

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

..therefore I walk and am learning to walk in the Spirit....nowhere in scripture does it tell me to walk in Jesus.....Jesus died on the cross...it’s the Holy Spirit we walk in, who is God as is Jesus, God......we are drawn to Jesus by God as he died for our sins....only the Father can draw us to the Son...we can only be Born Again Through the Son, his name is Jesus.......there is no higher walk as you call it?...

A Born Again belongs to God, they have been birthed in the Holy Spirit...who births our spirit into his....which is a supernatural birth that only God can do...a child of God can’t explain how God births his child, as it’s like the wind....

John 3:8​

“The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

Galatians 5:16-26​

King James Version​

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
You've received a sample of grace...good. But that is not enough for you to justify yourself. You are in the race of faith whether you accept that or not. When you defend yourself you are relying on the part of you that needs to go to the cross.

Many have failed that very race. Fail the grace...fail the race.

Sell all and buy the truth to receive the full measure of grace that overcomes the world....into a walk as Jesus walked.

Don't be smug and arrogant...humble yourself. No one becomes justified by a free gift. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Fear the Lord.