A verse for today May 12, 2011

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

banjo71

May 9, 2011
IL
I Peter 5:6-7

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. Casting all your care upon him, for he careth for you.

It's hard for anybody to speak about their own humility, because when you do, it's too easy to feel conceited about your humility! Jesus did speak of his humiliy when he said, "for I am humble and lowly in heart."

I think it's important not to speak of our own humility, but to have quiet assurance that yes, we are in a humble state. Humility is sweet, tender and characterizes a true man or woman. It's in this state we can go to God and cast all our cares on him, knowing full well he cares for us. What a wonderful God we do have!!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
That is a good point ! How do you know when you are truly humbled. Proverbs teaches He (God) mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble. So what does grace mean ? Grace means many things but I think what they are referring to here is

elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action. 2. a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment. 3. favor or good will. according to dictionary.com

they all sound like good qualities to have.

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
i guess a humble person doesnt really know that their humble, idk.

In a way I think this is true. Anyway, I think it is true that a humble person isn't humble if they are proud of their humility. But, we all need to grow in this, since we are far from perfect. God changes us from glory to glory. Makes me think of that old hymn. "From glory to glory He's changing me, changing me.." based upon

2 Corithians 3:18:(KJV)

[sup]"[/sup]But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."