• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Total nonsense!! Surely those of advanced age and limited capabilities are not going to be demon-possessed!

Stan, I was careful with my wording.
I won't disclose it here, other than to say we must have our complete faculties about us in order to resist the influence of demonic spirits. Once we become weakened in our cognitive abilities, we can be vulnerable to influences that are not of God, and if those who become subject to such influences hold important positions in politics or religion, the results can be catastrophic.

There is a difference between merely being influenced by spirits and being possessed by them.
And if we were, what useful purpose would that serve for Satan!!??

For the typical senior citizen at the end of his life, nothing. What purposes might it serve, however, for Satan to gain influence over someone serving as Commander-In-Chief of the United States? I can think of a few. Not into debating it however.

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stan, I was careful with my wording.

There is a difference between merely being influenced by spirits and being possessed by them.

For the typical senior citizen at the end of his life, nothing. What purposes might it serve, however, for Satan to gain influence over someone serving as Commander-In-Chief of the United States? I can think of a few.

I have little doubt, that Satan is heavily involved with those opposing God's chosen President. So far Satan seems to be losing! Only six months to go!!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have little doubt, that Satan is heavily involved with those opposing God's chosen President. So far Satan seems to be losing! Only six months to go!!

Agreed. But time will tell. All the more reason we need to be praying.

God bless,
Hidden

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought people voted. . . .

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep . . . those chosen by God, and those chosen by Satan.
What are you saying? That the people who voted for Trump in 2016 were obeying God and the people who didn't were obeying Satan? That would mean more people are obeying God than Satan. Christianity would be in great shape, wouldn't it?

Is the coronavirus and the crashed economy part of the conflict between God and Satan?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whatever happens will depend entirely upon God's plan for these times. God declares “It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding." Daniel 2:21

I am 78 years old, and Trump is 74. I know what it is like to be old, and I am truly amazed by the schedule he keeps. I don't have dementia, but I deal with a lot of age-related compromises. It takes a little longer to retrieve stuff from my memory, sometimes it comes to me three days later. But I have adopted a new lifestyle that demands that I carefully plan ahead each and every step I take. For me, it's a matter of survival.

I have no tolerance for some nitwit reporter who has never even met Trump, doing an in-depth distant psychoanalysis. This is total nonsense, along with just about everything else the press has to say.

I remember laughing when Donald Trump announced he was running for President. God will place the person of HIS choice in the Whitehouse.
Our problem is not Trump, he is the symptom of people changing from industrial carbon based industries into a new technological world which we are still discovering. And the social groups have little money, little future and feel abandoned. It is the same in the UK which fuelled Brexit.
But as covid-19 shows, we are now a world community, which is nuts, 7 billion people connected possibly through the internet.

However things worked in the past, this is a different power and influence structure, unfortunately pandering to self indulgence and greed.
I pray that Gods people may see how He can use them to bring love and stability to this broken lost world, where hope seems to be leaving by the front door to be replaced with hopelessness and drugs that stop anxiousness dominating every social interaction. We need God to move in His people, to heal, to bring robustness and charity to everyday situations, so we can move forward with Him. God bless you

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you saying? That the people who voted for Trump in 2016 were obeying God and the people who didn't were obeying Satan? That would mean more people are obeying God than Satan. Christianity would be in great shape, wouldn't it?

Is the coronavirus and the crashed economy part of the conflict between God and Satan?
I think more people voted for Clinton in 2016, at least that was the complaint.

There is no conflict between God and Satan. Satan can only do what God allows. This is the tribulation. No conflict, but God's judgment at the end of Adam's 6000 years of forced labor. The last week of Jacob's trouble and rebuilding the nation of Israel to go against the rest of the world's nations.

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

There seems to be a rather narrow margin there . . . like less than 1% !!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I am right between you and Trump at 76. If given enough time I do pretty well, so I try always to take extra time. My routine activities usually go well until something or somebody comes along and breaks my routine.
Routine broken! My desktop computer crashed yesterday. Today I had to fire up my old laptop. The computer is still under warranty but no one can look at it until next week

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get a very different sense from that womans dream. I think God was just instructing her in her sleep about pride.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, dreaming of being in your house (with some things being different than your actual house) with someone trying to break in, is a shared dream. Many people dream it.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Routine broken! My desktop computer crashed yesterday. Today I had to fire up my old laptop. The computer is still under warranty but no one can look at it until next week

Wow!! My biggest concern each day, that my computer will start up each morning. It is my only window on my social and financial world!! I even keep all my data on two external 8TB drives, just in case! :-(

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!! My biggest concern each day, that my computer will start up each morning. It is my only window on my social and financial world!! I even keep all my data on two external 8TB drives, just in case! :-(
I keep two extra sets of my data, on this laptop as well as another much older one. If I should lose the information on my desktop it is mostly intact.

But it is a hassle and I really don't like using this laptop for day to day activities. Since my best friend died a couple of months ago and our coffee group at the apartment complex where we live has been suspended, my computer is also my only 'window' to what is happening outside.

My biggest concern is my picture organization project. All my pictures, [thousands of them] are on the backups, but for the last couple of months I have been doing some major reorganization to make it easier to find things. That was not backed up. If they are unable to save my work for me when they fix the computer, I won't be a very happy camper.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I keep two extra sets of my data, on this laptop as well as another much older one. If I should lose the information on my desktop it is mostly intact.

But it is a hassle and I really don't like using this laptop for day to day activities. Since my best friend died a couple of months ago and our coffee group at the apartment complex where we live has been suspended, my computer is also my only 'window' to what is happening outside.

My biggest concern is my picture organization project. All my pictures, [thousands of them] are on the backups, but for the last couple of months I have been doing some major reorganization to make it easier to find things. That was not backed up. If they are unable to save my work for me when they fix the computer, I won't be a very happy camper.

Sad!! As an extra precaution, I also keep a portable drive at my son's home, which I renew on an annual basis. Most important, are 15,000 photos which cover a lifetime of memories.

Reactions: amadeus