A word for the moderators of a different message board.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is very frustrating...because I can't do anything about it and they never change...so I just have to live with the fact that some of my hard work is going to be destroyed.

It makes me want to pray the impreccatory Psalms against them...

If the mods have something against you...why not just shake off the dust and move on?

I appreciate lforrest here, he does not jump in and do anything rashly.
In fact there have been times when I have asked him to intervene in something....but in a very nice way he says- " Mind your own business." :D :)

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not as legalistic as you are....
I also don't care to hear any prophetic words on a forum since I don't know the person speaking the words - I actually don't like prophetic sayings unless they are in a church setting and they can be biblically tested.

Sometimes a person can be legalistic about not being legalistic, if you get my drift. I would also suggest you read 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 and realize also that biblically there is a priesthood for all believers so any prophetic word can be tested by any one of us if we simply take a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:11) outlook/approach.

I DO hear the expression used that we "teach" here. This is not correct.

To say, "This is not correct," is in effect a statement made in the form of teaching. For a teacher corrects his/her students.

If the mods have something against you...why not just shake off the dust and move on?

I have thought about doing so...except I care about the people that I would be leaving behind. They are not responsible for the bad attitude of the people in control of those places, why should they be left without the testimony and understanding and style that is unique to my ministry (as everyone's testimony that they bring is unique to their own ministry, since God has given to each one insight and understanding and specific giftings unique to that person)?

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sometimes a person can be legalistic about not being legalistic, if you get my drift. I would also suggest you read 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 and realize also that biblically there is a priesthood for all believers so any prophetic word can be tested by any one of us if we simply take a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:11) outlook.

To say, "This is not correct," is in effect a statement made in the form of teaching. For a teacher corrects his/her students.

I have thought about doing so...except I care about the people that I would be leaving behind. They are not responsible for the bad attitude of the people in control of those places, why should they be left without the testimony and understanding and style that is unique to my ministry (as everyone's testimony that they bring is unique to their own ministry, since God has given to each one insight and understanding and specific giftings unique to that person)?
There are various websites out there and they way they are managed does kind of vary also.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An update...I do not even know what I did at this point...but I have been permanently banned from CARM because of "rule violations"...they do not even bother to tell me what my rule violations were so that I could avoid doing them in the future...but I guess that now it doesn't even matter if they told me because I will have no further opportunity to post there...

I am pretty certain the reason I was kicked off was because I was starting to win the debate on the kjv-only side in that section of their message board...because I was minding my p's and q's to the hilt and yet I was still kicked off when I had only been back for a few posts...and these certainly weren't enough to warrant a permanent banning.

Also, at CF I was told that I was guilty of a second infraction when I had only been back for a short period and had not committed a first one to the best of my knowledge...at least I had not been told of a first infraction in the short time that I had been back...and then, to top it all off, I was punished for it as if it were my third infraction!

But, the Lord bless them...and may He receive each and every one of them as sons....:cool:.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An update...I do not even know what I did at this point...but I have been permanently banned from CARM because of "rule violations"...they do not even bother to tell me what my rule violations were so that I could avoid doing them in the future...but I guess that now it doesn't even matter if they told me because I will have no further opportunity to post there...

I am pretty certain the reason I was kicked off was because I was starting to win the debate on the kjv-only side in that section of their message board...because I was minding my p's and q's to the hilt and yet I was still kicked off when I had only been back for a few posts...and these certainly weren't enough to warrant a permanent banning.

Also, at CF I was told that I was guilty of a second infraction when I had only been back for a short period and had not committed a first one to the best of my knowledge...at least I had not been told of a first infraction in the short time that I had been back...and then, to top it all off, I was punished for it as if it were my third infraction!

But, the Lord bless them...and may He receive each and every one of them as sons....:cool:.

Sorry to hear that...if you were enjoying those Sites.
You will just have to "play here" with us a bit more :D

I have no idea if anyone gets warning on this site if they are close to being suspended or banned.

Maybe @lforrest could tell us if warning are given here, and if so, how many?
I have no idea if I have ever been close to 'crossing the line' or not myself. I would hope a person didn't just wake up one morning and find that they had been banned!!! :eek:

A person would like a chance to at least say 'goodbye!!' Yikes.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have no idea if anyone gets warning on this site if they are close to being suspended or banned.

I have no idea if I have ever been close to 'crossing the line' or not myself. I would hope a person didn't just wake up one morning and find that they had been banned!!! :eek:

You mean they do not even tell one why they are banned??!!?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You mean they do not even tell one why they are banned??!!?

No idea about this Site...but obviously not on the two sites that he was on!! I was a moderator on a Site once...and we gave three strikes...then if they misbehaved again...a three month suspension.
Very few did we actually give a total Ban...

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No idea about this Site...but obviously not on the two sites that he was on!! I was a moderator on a Site once...and we gave three strikes...then if they misbehaved again...a three month suspension.
Very few did we actually give a total Ban...
Just seems wrong to not get a reason :/ much less a warning.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just seems wrong to not get a reason :/ much less a warning.

On another thread I have asked @Stranger to come here and post. He may, or he may not with to.
I think he has some experience in this...maybe he can tell us, then we will be ready if it is ever our turn!! :eek:

I think that he has already left the Site tonight...so it may be a while before he see this tag.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have not had any problems whatsoever here at this site...the Spirit of the Lord is here and therefore there is also liberty...2 Corinthians 3:17.

I feel that I bear the fruit of the Spirit and that I therefore do not have any possibility of crossing the line, because Psalms 94:20 is not characteristic of the moderators of this site...and also, ministers here have the liberty to be able to preach with power and authority and not be punished for it...I am very thankful for the people here...I feel that every one of you are friends!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I feel that I bear the fruit of the Spirit and that I therefore do not have any possibility of crossing the line, because Psalms 94:20 is not characteristic of the moderators of this site...and also, ministers here have the liberty to be able to preach with power and authority and not be punished for it...I am very thankful for the people here...I feel that every one of you are friends!

I know that you and I have been on two different sides of a coin.
But that is often what makes a discussion fun.
You are never 'hard nosed' or rude.
I am sure that you and I will still disagree on some things ...but we also have enough in common where I can "like" some of your posts :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that you and I have been on two different sides of a coin.
But that is often what makes a discussion fun.
You are never 'hard nosed' or rude.
I am sure that you and I will still disagree on some things ...but we also have enough in common where I can "like" some of your posts :)
Amen sister. I have noticed that. It would make me very sad if for some reason in your theology I did not specifically see you up there in the kingdom; because I feel that we have formed a friendship over time. However it is not in me to push my pov to the point where a friendship would be destroyed because of a harsh attitude or, as you say, my being "hard-nosed" or rude. I tend to alleviate those frustrations by praying for those who disagree with me on things that I feel are essential, rather than trying to argue them into my pov.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not had any problems whatsoever here at this site...the Spirit of the Lord is here and therefore there is also liberty...2 Corinthians 3:17.

I agree @justbyfaith , there is something different about this particular forum, I have truly grown to love many on here, we might not agree on all things but, most are mature and gracious about their differences and, it does not at all interfere with our fellowship ♥ ...it's like Lay's potato chips...you can't just have one, lol...ya keep coming back for more :D

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree @justbyfaith , there is something different about this particular forum, I have truly grown to love many on here, we might not agree on all things but, most are mature and gracious about their differences and, it does not at all interfere with our fellowship ♥ ...it's like Lay's potato chips...you can't just have one, lol...ya keep coming back for more :D
I feel that so completely!...also. :)

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My experience: CARM is a absolutely horrible place and the only people the mods allow on people who sing perfectly with the chorus CARM wants. No other tones/beliefs are tolerated.

CF is a bad place that had a certain mindset and would rather enforce biased/unfair rules rather than care about people. There are good people on there, but it is a few head mods that force the terrible agenda-driven bias.

Don't go anywhere you're not welcomed. There are plenty of other site out there.

B

brakelite

The trend has been towards Facebook communities, which I don't trust to uphold religious freedom. Its like putting the fox in charge of the chicken coop.
And therein lies the heart of the issue...religious freedom/freedom of conscience. Freedom of expression, free speech. While there will always be some who cross the line into areas or personal abuse which should always be, dare I say "policed", or "moderated", the right to express ones own point of view, regardless of how "heretical" it may sound to others, should always be held sacrosanct. Sadly, I also have experienced some sites where moderation has become an art form in bigotry. Kudos to the mods here...how shall we learn if we refuse to hear anything different to the status quo, and how shall we learn to willingly be put to the test on what we believe unless we are challenged? I wonder of the fear of free speech is nothing more than an innate sense of insecurity regarding ones own convictions...but fearful to change.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, I believe that it should be moderation protocol that if someone speaks like Jesus did in a given situation, it should not be squelched even if it might appear to be crossing the line according to some people's standard (such as what Jesus said to the Pharisees in Matthew 23; which might be considered to be a flame in certain circles).