A word for the moderators of a different message board.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Also, the exhortation of the OP has to do with being very careful about what they might delete. If they know from the Holy Spirit that a post is false doctrine, even then it may be good to preserve what has been written if it has been responded to with sound doctrine and is refuted by someone with a Holy Ghost unction.

I think that I am really only contending for a kind of freedom of speech on the internet. If anything that we post is deletable without any repercussion for the one who deletes, then that person's freedom of speech has been effectively violated: their voice had been perfectly squelched.

Are people afraid of what might happen if there were to be a forum environment where people can raise any objection and/or be able to say anything without a fear of their posts being deleted by a moderator?

I, personally, am not afraid of things that might not be sound having a voice: for I believe that it is all answerable through scripture and that the Holy Spirit is able to raise up voices that will answer those things that might be contrary to sound doctrine.

The word of the Lord is sufficient to deal with any and every heresy (see 1 Corinthians 11:19).
I like this site very much precisely because it's not moderated to death.
Grown ups should be able to control THEMSELVES, without too much interference.

Maybe some things are deleted because they're insulting or go against the TOS?
I don't know enough about this.

Many twist scripture around to suit their needs.
I point to 2 Timothy 2:12-13
How that is understood is amazing to me...!
Some truly change what that refers to in order to suit their own needs.

As far as deleting...It's not being deleted from a document or the bible...I don't see the problem with deleting verses here...

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote this to the moderators of CARM (they are not as bad as some other message board moderators so I felt that they might even listen and heed these words) in a thread in the other Topics section, and wanted its words to be preserved here for the sake of a testimony. I want to make it clear that I don't have any beef with the moderators of this message board; because I have had no problems with them whatsoever; and I am very thankful for their kind and godly treatment of me as a minister here.

The first sentence in your "letter" is totally wrong. The New Jerusalem will be occupied by Israel only and no Gentile saved after Acts 28:28, 64AD, will live in that city. Each tribe will enter through the gate with their name on it - that's why the gates are labeled (signed). The only exceptions are proselytes and those saved Gentiles in Acts, who were part of Israel, since they were all grafted into Israel and partook of Israel's spiritual things (Romans 15:27). We today have absolutely no association with anything Israel. Israel are an earthly people and the New Jerusalem will be the capitol of the New Earth.

Our Calling today is a much higher one. We will live in the Heavenly Places, Far Above All Heavens, where Christ now sits at God's right hand, Ephesians 1:20 (where Christ ascended to), Ephesians 2:6 (Us - same place Christ ascended to). We Heaven Dwelling Gentiles today are told to set our affections on Heaven, where our citizenship is ( Philippians 3:20 ), and NOT on things of the earth ( Colossians 3:1-2 ), such as all future fulfillment of prophecy, including the New Jerusalem. We that are given the eyes SEE the Hope of God's calling ( Ephesians 1:17-18 ) to Heaven, found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles, will likely be resurrected in Heaven in about 64AD, and will totally miss all of that 100% Israel stuff here on the earth and the New Jerusalem that comes down out of the New starry Heavens.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as deleting...It's not being deleted from a document or the bible...I don't see the problem with deleting verses here...
It is a good thing that you are not a moderator then; because I would fear for your soul if you were.

I believe that it would also be a grievous sin to delete anything that might be considered a prophetic "utterance" (typed out in a post) given through the gift of prophecy. Those are the words of the Holy Spirit, and anyone who deletes them would be hindering the work of the Lord, trying to destroy His testimony in that instance.

If anyone actually took chances considering that God would not require it (Psalms 10:13); I believe that God will say to them on their day of judgment that this was due to unbelief. And that they are condemned by the testimony of John 3:16.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a good thing that you are not a moderator then; because I would fear for your soul if you were.

Let me understand here, Justbyfaith. Did they delete just the verses quoted in the post but not delete the post itself, as if to eliminate the person's scriptural support for what they were saying? Or did they simply delete the entire post?

Reactions: Helen and GodsGrace

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this site very much precisely because it's not moderated to death.
Grown ups should be able to control THEMSELVES, without too much interference.

I agree, but it's also better here because the membership can largely police the site themselves. Aside from the occasional obnoxious beast, most new actives who come here can be kept from getting out of hand. It's also a little less crowded. CF has so many people that threads become a total free-for-all in a real hurry, and stuff would go flying under the radar that only the offended party would pick up unless there were more moderators than what we have here.

But they are also more strict, and way too much IMO. Because it is larger and because they have a strong representation from a number of different factions and denominations (including atheism), there is a lot of teaming up that goes on. So the mods end up going WAY overboard trying to keep things under control.

I like this place because you can post doctrinal positions without getting completely mobbed, and because while there is still moderation the maturity level here is generally enough that it doesn't need to be over-moderated to run smoothly.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
re #25:

They have deleted entire posts; without any concern for the fact that there is a labour of love that is put into every post and that the intention of each post is to win souls for Christ. Thus they are hindering the work of the Holy Spirit primarily because they did not like what was said.

I know that I can be harsh with people in my attempts to get them to open their eyes and see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ. Sometimes I try to jar people out of their apathy and complacency with words that are meant to sting; because faithful are the wounds of a friend.

On some message boards they delete parts of the post and leave behind a stink on your character by typing in something like, "Deleted because it was divisive."

Well, it is divisive to that element that wants unity apart from the truth; because what is considered divisive is almost always the truth of God's word or a behaviour mandated by God's word that they think isn't couth, such as a rebuke on someone over there by saying, "shame on you!" to them for behaviour that was truly shameful. The moderators sided with that person and took away the rebuke that was given because it might have hurt their feelings.

It is like everyone is a TSI and can't handle even a little bit of the treatment that God says the minister of His word is supposed to mete out in 2 Timothy 4:2 and Titus 1:13. Behaviour that the word of God tells us to exhibit is punished by certain moderators and they leave behind a stink on your name because it looks like you are a breaker of the rules to everyone and this translates into "un-Christlike" and "not worth listening to" in so many people's minds.

I have tried to tow the line and obey all the rules over there, but no matter how hard I try, I find that I have done something to offend them every hour. I actually started believing that I didn't need to look at the rules because I know that I bear the fruit of the Spirit and that there can't be any law against that. They want a "peaceful atmosphere" but impaho that is not conducive to real ministry because in real ministry the Holy Spirit reveals sin and that does not produce peace in the mind of the sinner...see Isaiah 57:21...until that moment comes when real repentance is wrought in his or her heart.

On other message boards they have deleted whole posts because of the subject matter and because it dealt with an issue on the side that they themselves did not believe in, in such a way that it defeated their own position on the matter.

Thus they have hindered what God wanted to do in that situation for that their own hearts were hardened to the message that they effectively took out of play. Because they had an agenda to promote the concept contrary to the post that was deleted that would have destroyed that agenda. Or they were personally offended by the concepts put forth by the posts in question and did not want anyone else to believe what was posted and therefore they deleted the message.

So, you might say to me, "You are just angry that your posts were deleted". Darn right! That is a work of faith and a labour of love that is being destroyed; and what does John 10:10 say about that?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
re #25:

They have deleted entire posts; without any concern for the fact that there is a labour of love that is put into every post and that the intention of each post is to win souls for Christ. Thus they are hindering the work of the Holy Spirit primarily because they did not like what was said.

I know that I can be harsh with people in my attempts to get them to open their eyes and see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ. Sometimes I try to jar people out of their apathy and complacency with words that are meant to sting; because faithful are the wounds of a friend.

On some message boards they delete parts of the post and leave behind a stink on your character by typing in something like, "Deleted because it was divisive."

Well, it is divisive to that element that wants unity apart from the truth; because what is considered divisive is almost always the truth of God's word or a behaviour mandated by God's word that they think isn't couth, such as a rebuke on someone over there by saying, "shame on you!" to them for behaviour that was truly shameful. The moderators sided with that person and took away the rebuke that was given because it might have hurt their feelings.

It is like everyone is a TSI and can't handle even a little bit of the treatment that God says the minister of His word is supposed to mete out in 2 Timothy 4:2 and Titus 1:13. Behaviour that the word of God tells us to exhibit is punished by certain moderators and they leave behind a stink on your name because it looks like you are a breaker of the rules to everyone and this translates into "un-Christlike" and "not worth listening to" in so many people's minds.

I have tried to tow the line and obey all the rules over there, but no matter how hard I try, I find that I have done something to offend them every hour. I actually started believing that I didn't need to look at the rules because I know that I bear the fruit of the Spirit and that there can't be any law against that. They want a "peaceful atmosphere" but impaho that is not conducive to real ministry because in real ministry the Holy Spirit reveals sin and that does not produce peace in the mind of the sinner...see Isaiah 57:21...until that moment comes when real repentance is wrought in his or her heart.

On other message boards they have deleted whole posts because of the subject matter and because it dealt with an issue on the side that they themselves did not believe in, in such a way that it defeated their own position on the matter.

Thus they have hindered what God wanted to do in that situation for that their own hearts were hardened to the message that they effectively took out of play. Because they had an agenda to promote the concept contrary to the post that was deleted that would have destroyed that agenda. Or they were personally offended by the concepts put forth by the posts in question and did not want anyone else to believe what was posted and therefore they deleted the message.

So, you might say to me, "You are just angry that your posts were deleted". Darn right! That is a work of faith and a labour of love that is being destroyed; and what does John 10:10 say about that?
Moderation is difficult. But anyway it's good for Scriptural posts to be well thought out.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very frustrating...because I can't do anything about it and they never change...so I just have to live with the fact that some of my hard work is going to be destroyed.

It makes me want to pray the impreccatory Psalms against them...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have tried to tow the line and obey all the rules over there, but no matter how hard I try, I find that I have done something to offend them every hour.

Well, if that is the case then it is all the more reason why I like it here. Many if not most of us have found our way here by getting kicked out of other forums for similar things, and we still do it here without interference. But I would qualify that by saying you really should try and speak your rebukes in love, even if others here do not. I don't know exactly what your posts were, but I know we have some here who go way overboard with needless insults, which is going beyond a rebuke into giving oneself over to a hateful spirit.

Blessings in Christ, and glad you found your way here.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes @Hidden In Him,

I always try to bring rebuke in a spirit of gentleness, when I do so, and I generally tend to avoid rebuking people if I can possibly help it (if I am not compelled by the Holy Spirit or His love to say something that might be offensive because it is in line with the doctrine of the Cross).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not even a returning member, either. I have simply frequented more than one message board at specific times in my ministry.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

I believe that it would also be a grievous sin to delete anything that might be considered a prophetic "utterance" (typed out in a post) given through the gift of prophecy. Those are the words of the Holy Spirit, and anyone who deletes them would be hindering the work of the Lord, trying to destroy His testimony in that instance.

If anyone actually took chances considering that God would not require it (Psalms 10:13); I believe that God will say to them on their day of judgment that this was due to unbelief. And that they are condemned by the testimony of John 3:16.
You have the right to your opinion.
I'm not as legalistic as you are....
I also don't care to hear any prophetic words on a forum since I don't know the person speaking the words - I actually don't like prophetic sayings unless they are in a church setting and they can be biblically tested.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
re #25:

Why would a moderator delete any post that was in line with the TOS of that forum?

I don't believe anybody on a forum should rebuke anybody. This is a discussion board...not a church where I go to for instruction.

I DO hear the expression used that we "teach" here. This is not correct.
One can teach if they have a PhD after their name and even then someone else could still not agree with that person.

Have you never seen two biblical scholars disagree about something?

I do believe nasty posts should be deleted,,,such as those by some here...but then it would not be so colorful without him!