A word from the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tempting to think that maybe, but imo neither one is a soul, nor Soul, like we like to imagine. Spirits are "being" in a sense, bc they are manifested, they do exist, but imo any personification of them is strictly for purposes of illustration, or to hide truth from the wise. Even the Holy Spirit cannot speak for "Himself," right. This is a profound admission imo; there is no "body" there iow. A S/spirit cannot make a decision, or have an opinion, or a change of "mind." Or any desire, or remorse. etc
This is an area where people do disagree sometimes not even realizing why. Has anyone ever asked you or have you asked yourself, if God is really able to repent? Then the questioner may give you a few scriptures where the direct or literal [that word again] meaning seem to say the unchangeable God has changed for He did repent.

Can God make a decision, have an opinion or change His mind, etc.? Hmmm?

Well I have a meeting to attend this morning. I'll be back later...

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
so in your opinion is Scripture just being contrary, presenting us with a perception of Prophecy as "Doom," or is it just being misinterpreted, or what? Hard to deny that the Bible seems to repeatedly present prophecy as foretelling disaster?

I think the intended audience in Paul's letter is a church that is in his will, and specifically prophecy in that context. Hence they would be getting positive encouraging prophesy.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think the intended audience in Paul's letter is a church that is in his will, and specifically prophecy in that context. Hence they would be getting positive encouraging prophesy.
24But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all,

yikes what happened to all the positive encouragement?
Paul is speaking riddles here, and if anything i am reading admonishment of a church tbh.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that the O.T. prophets carried mostly warnings so, not welcomed with honor, especially in their own home towns and families. They were always condemning the spiritual state of Israel...and we all know how the truth can sometimes hurt.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
24But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all,

yikes what happened to all the positive encouragement?
Paul is speaking riddles here, and if anything i am reading admonishment of a church tbh.
did you get any insight there Forrest? i've been pondering it, but i don't have a clue. i guess bc they are "unbelievers?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cry out to my people and say do you think I am pleased with how you present me in these forums? You come here with puffed up pride to show your knowledge of what you think you know of my MIND? You are far from the truth....no man knows the mind of God....none of you have represented Me in the truth and knowledge of who I am.

It is a humble spirit that I seek to represent me....a haughty spirit, a haughty mind will be quickly devoured by the enemy...do not give yourselves place in your thoughts to him....this is his plan..his weapon of destruction.

I seek a people who will humble themselves before Me and praise my Holy Name at all times and will refrain from contention and strife against one another. Yield not yourselves to the enemy to rise against another bother or sister because of what they believe or have been taught. For I am the one who is doing a work within them to bring them to the truth.

As my Word says...no man need teach you anything but the Holy Spirit will teach you and guide you into all truth...

I am the one who has sent my Holy Spirit to convict the hearts of man to repentance...so stop with your theology and your puffed up knowledge of what you think I am....who I am...what I want....or what I expect. I will reveal myself to whom I will and when I will.

Repent of your self righteous pride and let Me do what I do best....I will bring my people together as I said I would in my Word.
i applaud your hearing and listening to God. then posting it. it is not easy to do it.

i believe you missed God a little though. God builds up, and encourages us also but there is nothing that i see in what you posted that fits this description. even to the letters to the churches in revelation you will see what they are doing wrong as well as what they are doing right along with what is coming for those that stay the path.

btw scripture tells us we have the mind of Christ. scripture also tells us that all mysteries are now revealed and we are to seek them out. scripture also says that we are to fellowship with fellow believers. scripture also tells us to have an opinion on the Word of God so when others ask us we are able to respond.

now i will say again i applaud you in stepping out. but i think you missed it this time. we are told to judge everything except people. so looking at what you said i find it unscriptural. God will not give a word that goes against His Word.

keep up the hard work. this is how we grow.

God bless

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
scripture also tells us to have an opinion on the Word of God so when others ask us we are able to respond.
It says to be ready for when you are called to account, right?
and of course a stranger will not be calling you to account,
as Spongebob's little friend here illustrates imo,
now we don't get to see the "accounting" part, that would come next,
but it shouldn't be too hard to extrapolate i guess.
A man's enemies will be those of his own house

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i applaud your hearing and listening to God. then posting it. it is not easy to do it.

i believe you missed God a little though. God builds up, and encourages us also but there is nothing that i see in what you posted that fits this description. even to the letters to the churches in revelation you will see what they are doing wrong as well as what they are doing right along with what is coming for those that stay the path.

btw scripture tells us we have the mind of Christ. scripture also tells us that all mysteries are now revealed and we are to seek them out. scripture also says that we are to fellowship with fellow believers. scripture also tells us to have an opinion on the Word of God so when others ask us we are able to respond.

now i will say again i applaud you in stepping out. but i think you missed it this time. we are told to judge everything except people. so looking at what you said i find it unscriptural. God will not give a word that goes against His Word.

keep up the hard work. this is how we grow.

God bless
He did build up in encouraging those to humble themselves and to walk in love. That's how I perceive it.....but also God does give us correction and instruction and warnings to keep us from walking in ignorance so that we are not ensnared by the enemy and fall into that trap that he lays before us.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really says to be ready for when you are called to account, and of course a stranger will not be calling you to account, as Spongebob's little friend here illustrates imo,
now we don't get to see the "accounting" part, that would come next, but it shouldn't be too hard to extrapolate i guess.
A man's enemies will be those of his own house
what does all this have to do with what you quoted from me?

quoted from 7angels "scripture also tells us to have an opinion on the Word of God so when others ask us we are able to respond."

God bless

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did build up in encouraging those to humble themselves and to walk in love. That's how I perceive it.....but also God does give us correction and instruction and warnings to keep us from walking in ignorance so that we are not ensnared by the enemy and fall into that trap that he lays before us.
telling us to humble ourselves and walk in love is not building up but correction. i don't disagree we need to humble ourselves or walk in love i just disagree that it is encouraging. but God does speak to each of us at where we are in Him. maybe to you it is encouraging then go with it. :)

God bless

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
tempting to think that maybe, but imo neither one is a soul, nor Soul, like we like to imagine. Spirits are "being" in a sense, bc they are manifested, they do exist, but imo any personification of them is strictly for purposes of illustration, or to hide truth from the wise. Even the Holy Spirit cannot speak for "Himself," right. This is a profound admission imo; there is no "body" there iow. A S/spirit cannot make a decision, or have an opinion, or a change of "mind." Or any desire, or remorse. etc

But some spiritual beings have been give/allowed to exercise their dominion of the people of the earth should those people chose to live in the dominions of those spiritual beings.

Paul does speak of these spiritual heavenly hosts in Ephesians 6: 12 and that we should be also resisting them.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
note Isaiah 24:21 misquoted in link 2, i see that one a lot,
"Isaiah 24:21-23 — When the Messiah returns,"

nope. And see this is supposed to i guess be a "prophecy" right.

So don't get me wrong, i love Paul's def of "prophecy,"
but he is strictly poking fun at us, and imo being misunderstood

Yes, Isaiah 24: 21-23 is a prophecy, but this prophecy has a timeline which covers an age towards the end of this present time and as such our minds presently has difficulty in comprehending the prophecy itself. The prophecy starts at the time of punishment for both heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth and it tells us that the punishment will not be carried out at that time but will be carried out much later during the time that the sun will be ashamed and the moon is disgraced during a time of much turmoil/conflict. This passage also tell us that after this conflict that the Lord of Hosts will reign in Jerusalem. However, to make more sense of this three verse prophecy, we must be able to marry up this prophecy with other prophecies that deal with the same events and their timings. It is only then that we may be able to see the Son of Man acting out in this prophecy. But that really should be discussed in another thread.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
did you get any insight there Forrest? i've been pondering it, but i don't have a clue. i guess bc they are "unbelievers?"
does anyone have any contemporary example of Paul's "prophecy" uplifting and encouraging some, while condemning others?
Imo there is some msg in "the unbelievers who wander in" or something maybe, but i've still spent no time in the passage

i'm on a fence as to whether there can even be Prophecy w/o an open Canon, i've considered decent args for either pov,
but since i'm just spitballing here "we" might ask ourselves how our Canon got "closed" anyway, and etc.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well with what has been transpiring amongst one another on other threads I think this word is very timely. Lord I pray for the spirit of peace to enter into this forum and I bind and rebuke the spirit of strife, in Jesus Name. Amen. I pray your Will be done, Father, and that we all see the truth and the error of our thoughts and intents by the convictions the Holy Spirit places on our hearts. May we all repent and turn away from our disobedience to follow your Word in teaching us to walk in love, to avoid strife and to come together in unity of faith, in Jesus Name, Amen.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
praying for peace, hmm
I think there are two perspectives for prophecy. There is one from Inside God's will and one from outside. From outside they will mostly be negative. But from inside positive.
can you recall a contemporary scenario such as Scripture describes there? "Negative" is not quite the same as "convicted" imo.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
telling us to humble ourselves and walk in love is not building up but correction. i don't disagree we need to humble ourselves or walk in love i just disagree that it is encouraging. but God does speak to each of us at where we are in Him. maybe to you it is encouraging then go with it. :)

God bless
Okay I decided to do a little research to help you understand.....for one this word is not a prophesy....and this link actually helped understand it a lot better about admonishing and exhorting.
http://www.thequickenedword.info/classes/WhereGodSpeaks/Mouths/GivingRebukes.htm

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
praying for peace, hmm

can you recall a contemporary scenario such as Scripture describes there? "Negative" is not quite the same as "convicted" imo.

No it isn't. Not many prophecies in the public domain that are not in the bible.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless
yeah in speaking prophesy it should build up but in speaking a word that admonishes us to correct our walk it is for our best interests.....for whom God loves He chasteneth…….and is this word does not apply to you then don't receive it, it isn't for everyone. God Bless,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No it isn't. Not many prophecies in the public domain that are not in the bible.
ya. i can sometimes relate Passages to a scenario i am familiar with, but i have no analogue for this one. Not even playing fast and loose with the definitions, just spitballing. Not that that is very unusual either i guess