A word from the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mean as to say that I have the spirit of Satan in me and that I am a witch and so forth and so forth....wow...that stings a bit.
no, not at all, my apologies if that was how you took it. Lemme look...ah, i meant to speak generally about those who "smile in your face," car salesmen and the like, and also indicate the other extreme, those who get offended simply by being disagreed with. I honestly don't know where you land on the scale, is what i meant to say. Personally i am both of those ppl now and then lol

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may not shed tears but I experience a grieving in my spirit....I would rather humble myself and apologize for offending someone than argue with them and provoke anger. It isn't worth losing my peace over....Maybe the Holy Spirit has yet to bring them to that level of understanding or myself to it....as you said before precept upon precept, line upon line.
When I started up on Christian forums I was out to conquer the world of men, but I had already been humbled in a large measure. I still had to be knocked down by God a bit harder more than one more time.

There are many people who know a lot scripture on these forums, but a lot of them don't really know God. On the other hand I have learned a lot through them whether they know it or not. When I really got started on forums I had just come back to God [between 2000 and 2002 perhaps] from an extended leave of absence [I had been backslid] but almost immediately I met a man online who refused to accept that anyone could be backslid for as long as 10 years all at once. He insisted that I had never known the Lord previously. I argued back and forth with him for very long time but we never budged each other. It was the earliest lesson about how difficult it can be on a forum just to converse with someone. What a question? I had my testimony but he had his better knowledge. Somewhere on my computer I have copies of most our exchanges.

Since then I've have many arguments, debates or conversations with many people on many subjects. Even when I started to get the idea in my mind that most of those confrontations edified no one, it took still longer to get it into my heart. I still occasionally miss the mark on that one, but God has been working on me. I am not as I once was. Sometimes we really do not have a clue as to when someone is edified or not. God certainly does as He is the one doing the edifying, the One giving the increase.

I used to get alone with the Lord with idea that I would work to weep [to actually bring forth the tears], but it never happened like that. I still seldom really cry with flowing tears, but at times I do I know why that is. That is really another subject perhaps for another time. The grieving you put in the place of tears is likely where I am and where I need to be although I am not always there. That is really where Jesus was and where we are to be with or without the flowing tears.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I started up on Christian forums I was out to conquer the world of men, but I had already been humbled in a large measure. I still had to be knocked down by God a bit harder more than one more time.

There are many people who know a lot scripture on these forums, but a lot of them don't really know God. On the other hand I have learned a lot through them whether they know it or not. When I really got started on forums I had just come back to God [between 2000 and 2002 perhaps] from an extended leave of absence [I had been backslid] but almost immediately I met a man online who refused to accept that anyone could be backslid for as long as 10 years all at once. He insisted that I had never known the Lord previously. I argued back and forth with him for very long time but we never budged each other. It was the earliest lesson about how difficult it can be on a forum just to converse with someone. What a question? I had my testimony but he had his better knowledge. Somewhere on my computer I have copies of most our exchanges.

Since then I've have many arguments, debates or conversations with many people on many subjects. Even when I started to get the idea in my mind that most of those confrontations edified no one, it took still longer to get it into my heart. I still occasionally miss the mark on that one, but God has been working on me. I am not as I once was. Sometimes we really do not have a clue as to when someone is edified or not. God certainly does as He is the one doing the edifying, the One giving the increase.

I used to get alone with the Lord with idea that I would work to weep [to actually bring forth the tears], but it never happened like that. I still seldom really cry with flowing tears, but at times I do I know why that is. That is really another subject perhaps for another time. The grieving you put in the place of tears is likely where I am and where I need to be although I am not always there. That is really where Jesus was and where we are to be with or without the flowing tears.
This is what God is looking for.....with the world getting smaller and smaller through internet it is something we need to meditate on and consider how we will represent Jesus through our words and through scripture because we won't be able to use our body language to reinforce the meaning and intent of our thoughts.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, not at all, my apologies if that was how you took it. Lemme look...ah, i meant to speak generally about those who "smile in your face," car salesmen and the like, and also indicate the other extreme, those who get offended simply by being disagreed with. I honestly don't know where you land on the scale, is what i meant to say. Personally i am both of those ppl now and then lol
Well in the beginning I didn't do very well but I have been practicing humility and acceptance of others beliefs on a certain topics.....I quit trying to correct everyone when they were behaving badly or just being plain rude and obnoxious....always trying to remind them that Jesus would not approve....then one day He said I don't approve of you pointing out everyones faults....so....lol....I guess I got told!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what God is looking for.....with the world getting smaller and smaller through internet it is something we need to meditate on and consider how we will represent Jesus through our words and through scripture because we won't be able to use our body language to reinforce the meaning and intent of our thoughts.
Some have argued that because we are on a debate forum, on the Internet, we do not have to practice charity that God would not even expect it. I would say it would be difficult to find support in scripture for such a no holds barred winner take all contest. Who but the devil would be the winner?

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those who have overcome all of the "world" already as Jesus did, are not my friend.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Since then I've have many arguments, debates or conversations with many people on many subjects. Even when I started to get the idea in my mind that most of those confrontations edified no one, it took still longer to get it into my heart. I still occasionally miss the mark on that one, but God has been working on me. I am not as I once was. Sometimes we really do not have a clue as to when someone is edified or not.
nice. nothing wrong with two diff povs i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is really where Jesus was and where we are to be with or without the flowing tears.
hmm.
funny to me that many or most Christians can't wait to leave, but the Son of Man--Who had no place to lay His head--asked for more time here. The word "play" is used about twice as often as "redemption" in Scripture...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Who but the devil would be the winner?
possibly the unbiased witnesses/future readers? i'm kind of torn on this myself, but once again, i know a forum where none of that is allowed, "Good News Cafe'"
:)

or, how do you offend a believer?
imo offenses are taken, not given

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I agree.
But there is a verse what says..."Woe unto him by whom the offence comes."

Luke 17:17 "Then said He unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!"

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice. nothing wrong with two diff povs i guess
Certainly not as a rule and as even the world sees it, but when it is, or is supposed to be with regard to God, should we not have a different Spirit in it? Who has it all right? We can probably agree that Jesus did, but even among true believers and followers of God, there will be differences. The discussion or preaching or teaching can yield good results, but if one person, or more than one, comes in the wrong attitude or spirit what is the result likely to be from his or their input? Would we expect it to be "very good" as everything was in Gen 1:31?

There really is room to grow, but what happens to grow toward God in a person is continuously quenches the Holy Spirit, presuming he had the gift in him to start?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm.
funny to me that many or most Christians can't wait to leave, but the Son of Man--Who had no place to lay His head--asked for more time here. The word "play" is used about twice as often as "redemption" in Scripture...
We could or should be the place for Him to lay his head if we were really waiting on Him. All of the time we have is really God's that He has loaned to us for us to invest on His behalf to accomplish His purpose, but from His viewpoint, for the most part we are burying it in the sand...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
possibly the unbiased witnesses/future readers? i'm kind of torn on this myself, but once again, i know a forum where none of that is allowed, "Good News Cafe'"
:)
Saying the devil is the winner, as I understand it, is speaking of man being the winner as he sees it, even though in the eyes of God such a man is a big loser, losing even what he did already have:

"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:12

Should truly open forums be allowed? Should the Holy Spirit really be allowed to lead and no other when people meet together supposedly to worship and honor God alone?

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" Matt 18:7

"Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:12-14

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 2:16
For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Amen, yes indeed...He has laid out for us the Who, the how, and The Way.

The Enemy tried to tell Eve that God was holding out on her...and she needed what she didn't have...when all the time, she had God Himself and was richly full.
Phil 2:5- "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
. "

Is that not our calling...humble ourself before Him, take up our cross and follow Him..." More of him,less of us.
But the does not mean that we do not know who we are "In Him".
Jesus " thought it not robbery.."
We two can say that we have God's mind on the matter...and He says that we have been seated together "with Him" in heavenly places. Not some day..but now!!
2 Pet 1 "According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue...."

We are well equipped , and without excuse.

Praise be His name!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word I gave came from the Holy Spirit....for He is grieved by the amount of strife there is in a forum with topics based on His Word, His Truth. Those who slander and scorn others for not having the same understanding of scripture as themselves....who mock and ridicule another because they have a different belief based on how they were taught in their church. As of today the rate at which the churches continue to divide will give us a future total of over 45,000 different Christian denominations all teaching from the same Bible and all determined that they have the truth over others..... When Jesus established His church along with His apostles there was only one church for a thousand years....then after there were no more apostles leading and teaching the first split took place...and it has been splitting and dividing ever since....hence the beginning of Religious Pride.
So the main point of what God was saying isn't about salvation...it is about walking in humility and in the spirit of love towards one another. For where there is envy and strife there is every form of evil present.. God is trying to bring His people together in 1 mind and 1 accord...in the unity of faith as it was on the Day of Pentecost.
When I first came to the web searching Christian fellowship I found CF....I was so excited to have a place to learn and share what I have learned with others...it wasn't 2 months and I began to strive and get angry at others for not believing in what I believe....sometimes I would have to leave and stay away for a few days....then I prayed and asked God to deliver me from the spirit of offense because I couldn't handle hurting a fellow brother or sister in Christ with my harsh words. God did answer....I am no longer offended but rather I seek to maintain that we all are building on the same foundation....which is Christ.
The Word spoken in this thread is not for all to receive.....only those who are mature enough in Christ can hear this Word and be obedient to what God is asking of them. In a church setting where you can go to one another in person it can be much easier to walk in love because you KNOW them....here on the internet....much more of a challenge. People are bold to spout off haughty statements and insults to one another here....I can guarantee you they wouldn't do that to a fellow brother or sister in their own church. What is sad is people like me who are unable to get to a church this is as close to fellowshipping with one another as it gets.
I have met some wonderful people here and on CF but I have met some very mean people as well....
Well....sorry for the long response. God Bless.

The Holy Spirit told you that... Word for word?

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit told you that... Word for word?
No the 1st page OP is word for word what He spoke...what you quoted me on above is additional information I have posted on another thread.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying the devil is the winner, as I understand it, is speaking of man being the winner as he sees it, even though in the eyes of God such a man is a big loser, losing even what he did already have:

"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:12

Should truly open forums be allowed? Should the Holy Spirit really be allowed to lead and no other when people meet together supposedly to worship and honor God alone?

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" Matt 18:7

"Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:12-14
Excellent application of scripture regarding this topic!