A word from the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the 1st page OP is word for word what He spoke...what you quoted me on above is additional information I have posted on another thread.
... And you of course wrote it down and put it in the back of your Bible... right?

Because by definition anything spoken from the Holy Spirit word for word is scripture.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly not as a rule and as even the world sees it, but when it is, or is supposed to be with regard to God, should we not have a different Spirit in it? Who has it all right? We can probably agree that Jesus did, but even among true believers and followers of God, there will be differences. The discussion or preaching or teaching can yield good results, but if one person, or more than one, comes in the wrong attitude or spirit what is the result likely to be from his or their input? Would we expect it to be "very good" as everything was in Gen 1:31?

There really is room to grow, but what happens to grow toward God in a person is continuously quenches the Holy Spirit, presuming he had the gift in him to start?
We started losing the rights to claim we had it all right at the first split of the churches and thereafter.....if the Church that Christ established had continued untouched we would already be living in paradise...IMHO...:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... And you of course wrote it down and put it in the back of your Bible... right?

Because by definition anything spoken from the Holy Spirit word for word is scripture.
Ahhh…...I am His vessel and He speaks through me to edify, encourage, instruct and correct for the perfecting of the saints....on occasion He has sent me to speak a warning related to a dangerous sin in someones life. I do it humbly.....it applies to me as well....so if God is dealing with me on just my issues then He corrects and instructs me....If it is something that is happening within the entire body of Christ then the entire body needs to hear it.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh…...I am His vessel and He speaks through me to edify, encourage, instruct and correct for the perfecting of the saints....on occasion He has sent me to speak a warning related to a dangerous sin in someones life. I do it humbly.....it applies to me as well....so if God is dealing with me on just my issues then He corrects and instructs me....If it is something that is happening within the entire body of Christ then the entire body needs to hear it.
.... That doesn't exactly answer my question. Why are we not all pulling out our Bibles and jotting this stuff down! This is "Revelation from God" [which Revelations clearly states does not happen any more.] And where are the signs of authenticity? The verifiable miracles that the prophets had? What makes you so certain it is God speaking to you? I'm sorry, but Biblically I do not believe new revelation is possible. Neither did St. John.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
.... That doesn't exactly answer my question. Why are we not all pulling out our Bibles and jotting this stuff down! This is "Revelation from God" [which Revelations clearly states does not happen any more.] And where are the signs of authenticity? The verifiable miracles that the prophets had? What makes you so certain it is God speaking to you? I'm sorry, but Biblically I do not believe new revelation is possible. Neither did St. John.

You are entitled to your opinion. It is my opinion that this prophecy is authentic.

it doesn't tell you anything you shouldn't already know from the scriptures. Witness1.

A man of God who used to own the site once pointed out the same concept to promote acceptance. Witness2.

Ladies and gents, you should know by now that I strive to provide a graceful and understanding community as well all grow towards a maturing faith. I hope that we communicate that we understand that people are at different levels with the work of God ongoing in all of our lives. As Paul said so strikingly in his letter to the Corinthians: "For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known" (1 Corinthians 13:12 HCSB).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We started losing the rights to claim we had it all right at the first split of the churches and thereafter.....if the Church that Christ established had continued untouched we would already be living in paradise...IMHO...:)
Hmmm, but if at the beginning the first two had simply remained faithful and obedient, no one would have had to leave Paradise. Alas, it was not to be, but, then God has always had a plan. If we remain on His side all will be well.
Give God the glory!

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather the Word is that which is quickened [brought to Life] by the Holy Spirit.
If an atheist or any unanointed person quotes a scripture without the Holy Spirit quickening they are simply dead words. Remember that satan also quoted scripture to Jesus but those words had no power. They had no Life.

This is why it is needful to both partake of His flesh and His blood.

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then you believe Joel 2:28 is already fulfilled, and will no longer take place before Christ's return?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, but if at the beginning the first two had simply remained faithful and obedient, no one would have had to leave Paradise. Alas, it was not to be, but, then God has always had a plan. If we remain on His side all will be well.
Give God the glory!
True that!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is quite alright if you don't believe....not everyone can receive this Word....and that's the beauty of it....it is your choice to receive it or reject it. Where you are with your faith and beliefs is exactly where you need to be. Continue to stand firm in your faith in Christ and live in peace. God Bless.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is quite alright if you don't believe....not everyone can receive this Word....and that's the beauty of it....it is your choice to receive it or reject it. Where you are with your faith and beliefs is exactly where you need to be. Continue to stand firm in your faith in Christ and live in peace. God Bless.
I wanted to share this with you....I cannot and will not deny God's supernatural gifts operating through His vessels today as I have had too many personal experiences in witnessing the power of God to heal and deliver, to speak to us, to empower us to do the works of Jesus. As a young believer reading His Word I came across the scripture that said that which is seen was created by that which is not seen....after reading that I was immediately in the spirit realm and saw through spiritual eyes the wonder of Gods Power moving across the earth. I have had angels appear to me, I have had prophets call me out by name without ever having known me before, God has told me to do this and do that and this will happen and it did exactly as He spoke it......so for me to say that His Power isn't real and doesn't exist today would be blasphemy.
For those who have never experienced His Power at work it is difficult to believe in and I can only share my testimony to help them to see the truth.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some have argued that because we are on a debate forum, on the Internet, we do not have to practice charity that God would not even expect it. I would say it would be difficult to find support in scripture for such a no holds barred winner take all contest. Who but the devil would be the winner?
I have visited maybe 4 or 5 different Christian Forums and each one has a distinct spirit operating in it that is easily discerned. I love this forum the best because the people here are more mature in their spiritual walk and can understand the deeper things of God...and although tempers flare and accusations fly and insults are spoken on some threads there is still a spirit of peace and unity here that I haven't felt elsewhere.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Certainly not as a rule and as even the world sees it, but when it is, or is supposed to be with regard to God, should we not have a different Spirit in it? Who has it all right? We can probably agree that Jesus did, but even among true believers and followers of God, there will be differences. The discussion or preaching or teaching can yield good results, but if one person, or more than one, comes in the wrong attitude or spirit what is the result likely to be from his or their input? Would we expect it to be "very good" as everything was in Gen 1:31?
of course i couldn't say w/o more, but i'd mostly like to quote this snip in the ongoing "Could One Have Tea and a Convo With a Spirit" debate lol
There really is room to grow, but what happens to grow toward God in a person is continuously quenches the Holy Spirit, presuming he had the gift in him to start?
it will be apparent i guess, even if they appear quite successful

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
oh, the Church that Christ established has continued untouched alright; just a matter of who this "we" is i guess

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love this forum the best because the people here are more mature in their spiritual walk and can understand the deeper things of God...and although tempers flare and accusations fly and insults are spoken on some threads there is still a spirit of peace and unity here that I haven't felt elsewhere.

Yes I agree...even those who are the grumpy, rude ones in responses, do have a maturity in their words , and know that scriptures, even if the gracious spirit of disagreement is missing....and their interpretation of said scriptures is legalistic rather than of the Spirit.

This CB site for me , is by far the leader of the pack... A mixed multitude, but a place where our thoughts and beliefs can be challenged and either thrown out, or strengthened. :)

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you believe Joel 2:28 is already fulfilled, and will no longer take place before Christ's return?
... Yep. We have historical documentation of that occurring already. That has indeed been fulfilled. Just as Christ's incarnation has also been fulfilled.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course i couldn't say w/o more, but i'd mostly like to quote this snip in the ongoing "Could One Have Tea and a Convo With a Spirit" debate lol
The phrase or debate is unfamiliar to me, but I admit to being quite naïve about many thing happening in the carnal or even the church [I won's say spiritual] world around me.

I would guess that having tea with someone would be a relaxing even enjoyable occurrence for two or more people. Spirits, if they are only spirits, do not however usually [or ever] drink tea. If I am drinking tea and my companion is drinking some kind of hard spirits [alcoholic beverage] and each of us remained and insisted on remaining with our selected beverage eventually it is not likely to remain relaxing or enjoyable... if it was early on.

Have I come close to your thoughts or have I missed it completely?

it will be apparent i guess, even if they appear quite successful
Some people are quite coherent when drinking alcohol, or at least in my memory that seemed to be the case. I was usually drinking the same thing in those days so my own understanding of the situation and even my memory of it may be amiss. When it seems coherent is it also successful? I would guess it would depend on the criteria applied by whoever was the judge.

Now, today, even though most of my experiences of conversation [argument?] are on the Internet, I still sometime "smell" something as with "something is rotten in Denmark"... but does anyone else or everyone else smell the same thing?