Abiding In Christ Necessary for Eternal Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God supplies His Spirit to those who abide in Christ by obeying the Command: 1) believe in the Name of God's Son, and 2) love one another (1 Jn 3:23,24)--some do not abide (1 Jn 2:28), because they are led away by idolatry (1 Jn 5:21).

I've explained this over and over--clearly, you have not been reading, you've just been flooding the thread without being thoughtful and considerate to the person who authored the thread you're responding to.
That is not saying that God supplies his Spirit....that is your own opinion on what he is saying.

God supplies his Spirit....scripture please?..with those exact words.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We voice as the Holy Spirit leads us to voice and will continue to do so.

I have also posted God’s word, which you have not addressed.
1. You excused yourself from the discussion, didn't you?
2. If you flood my thread, you are not being considerate--"love is not rude". Do not be rude. Do not derail my thread with a flood of comments that are not specific interactions (as explained).
3. I am not here to answer your issues. This is not your thread. You are on my thread, and you are here to interact with points I've made. It's not incumbent upon me to answer anything you've said if it isn't a specific challenge to things I've stated.

Reactions: Zao is life

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is relevant to the OP....this is NOT your one way discussion...and you will be challenged.

2 Corinthians 3:18
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

New Living Translation
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

English Standard Version
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
And we all having been unveiled in face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.

King James Bible
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, evenas by the Spirit of the Lord.

New King James Version
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not saying that God supplies his Spirit....that is your own opinion on what he is saying.

God supplies his Spirit....scripture please?..with those exact words.
1 John 3
23This is His commandment, that we [h]believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24The one who keeps His commandments remains in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He remains in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

But, to the immoral, Paul warns

1 Thessalonians 4
7For God has not called us for [g]impurity, but in sanctification. 8Therefore, the one who rejects this is not rejecting man, but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

He's warning the immoral Christians (Christians who are not walking in love or faith) that God will withhold His Spirit if they displease Him--just as David cried, "Do not take your Holy Spirit from me" after he committed immorality with Bathsheba.

Reactions: Zao is life

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is relevant to the OP....this is NOT your one way discussion...and you will be challenged.

2 Corinthians 3:18
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

New Living Translation
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

English Standard Version
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
And we all having been unveiled in face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.

King James Bible
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, evenas by the Spirit of the Lord.

New King James Version
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Again and again, I have no issue with being challenged, but what is reasonable is that if you are "challenging" me you will QUOTE what you are "challenging", and address it specifically, and explain how what you are posting is a "challenge". I'm not here to do your work for you, and you are not welcome to flood the thread with random Scripture verses.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1. You excused yourself from the discussion, didn't you?
2. If you flood my thread, you are not being considerate--"love is not rude". Do not be rude. Do not derail my thread with a flood of comments that are not specific interactions (as explained).
3. I am not here to answer your issues. This is not your thread. You are on my thread, and you are here to interact with points I've made. It's not incumbent upon me to answer anything you've said if it isn't a specific challenge to things I've stated.
This thread is all about your belief and your belief only......it’s a one way thread....” Your one way thread”...
1 John 3
23This is His commandment, that we [h]believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He 1 John 3 New American Standard Biblecommanded us. 24The one who keeps His commandments remains in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He remains in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 Thessalonians 4
7For God has not called us for [g]impurity, but in sanctification. 8Therefore, the one who rejects this is not rejecting man, but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

He's warning the immoral Christians (Christians who are not walking in love or faith) that God will withhold His Spirit if they displease Him--just as David cried, "Do not take your Holy Spirit from me" after he committed immorality with Bathsheba.
This does not say, supplying...once again your own opinion.

Reactions: mailmandan

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Again and again, I have no issue with being challenged, but what is reasonable is that if you are "challenging" me you will QUOTE what you are "challenging", and address it specifically, and explain how what you are posting is a "challenge". I'm not here to do your work for you, and you are not welcome to flood the thread with random Scripture verses.
We’ve already done that on another topic , in fact 2 topics of yours...that got closed...and no doubt this one will go the same way.

My last and final response ....

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is all about your belief and your belief only......

I don't care if it literally uses the word "supply". Do you believe in the trinity? Where is that word in Scripture?

The verse says "we know we are abiding in Him because of the Spirit He has given us"--"give" and "supply" are synonymous. I don't have to use the exact term--and if I did my argument would not suffer at all.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’ve already done that on another topic , in fact 2 topics of yours...that got closed...and no doubt this one will go the same way.

My last and final response ....
I really hope it is your final response--I hope you don't decide that "God" is telling you to be rude and flood my thread with random irrelevant Scripture verses.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is all about your belief and your belief only......it’s a one way thread....” Your one way thread”...

It is rude for you to misrepresent me--and "Love is not rude".
I do not want my thread to be a one-way conversation--it is yourself, posting irrelevant random Scripture verses, without citing anything I've stated, to make clear what point you're trying to make, who wants to have a one-way conversation. You want to flood my thread with nonsense that is in your mind, and not interact with points I've made. So, if you have a problem with me ostensibly wanting a one-way conversation, do you have a problem with yourself when you do it?

I only ask that you interact with the points I've made if you're posting to my thread.
You may not care about the material, but I do.
If you do not care about the material, then go flood your own threads with your own thoughts.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't care if it literally uses the word "supply". Do you believe in the trinity? Where is that word in Scripture?

The verse says "we know we are abiding in Him because of the Spirit He has given us"--"give" and "supply" are synonymous. I don't have to use the exact term--and if I did my argument would not suffer at all.
Please do NOT talk about the trinity on this forum and don’t ask questions on it either..

If I say I’m done...that’s me saying...if God’s will is otherwise...then his will be done.

No matter how much you manipulate with your words...you need to look at the plank in your eye before you see the speck in mine...

May be back later..God willing.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is rude for you to misrepresent me--and "Love is not rude".
I do not want my thread to be a one-way conversation--it is yourself, posting irrelevant random Scripture verses, without citing anything I've stated, to make clear what point you're trying to make, who wants to have a one-way conversation. You want to flood my thread with nonsense that is in your mind, and not interact with points I've made. So, if you have a problem with me ostensibly wanting a one-way conversation, do you have a problem with yourself when you do it?

I only ask that you interact with the points I've made if you're posting to my thread.
You may not care about the material, but I do.
If you do not care about the material, then go flood your own threads with your own thoughts.
I suggest you take your own advice.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please do NOT talk about the trinity on this forum and don’t ask questions on it either..

If I say I’m done...that’s me saying...if God’s will is otherwise...then his will be done.

No matter how much you manipulate with your words...you need to look at the plank in your eye before you see the speck in mine...

May be back later..God willing.
I do not care about your thoughts on what you think God tells you to do, I only care that you stop being rude and be orderly and do not flood my thread with random irrelevant Scriptures.

If you have an urge to write irrelevant random Scripture verses, go open your own thread.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 3
23This is His commandment, that we [h]believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24The one who keeps His commandments remains in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He remains in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 Thessalonians 4

Works based....
I do not care about your thoughts on what you think God tells you to do, I only care that you stop being rude and be orderly and do not flood my thread with random irrelevant Scriptures.

If you have an urge to write irrelevant random Scripture verses, go open your own thread.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oops, it's my thread, and I'm on topic.

Any time you want to interact with specific points I've made, you're welcome to--you're just not welcome to flood my thread. Just don't be rude. That's all I ask.
You aren’t on topic...you are giving your opinion all about me.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually have taken my own advice: this is my thread that I authored because I wanted to share my thoughts. What have I told you to do that I have not done?
You aren’t on topic...you are giving your opinion all about me.
I'm simply telling you to be orderly because you're being disorderly, so, yes, I'm on topic.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ones work will get them saved?

What is works based salvation mean to you?
Our "salvation" is compared to that of the Jews' from Egypt--still, after salvation, they sinned and fell under God's wrath, and didn't inherit the promise (1 Co 9:26-1 Co 10).

Yes, we are saved by grace through faith--and, still, after our salvation, we are told that we must "love one another", which is to "walk by faith" (which works by love), and, when we don't, we "sin" and are "condemned" (Ro 14:5,23).

I don't deny salvation by grace through faith--it is yourself rather who does not understand what salvation even is.

Status
Not open for further replies.