Abomination of Desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you come up with that? I define the words by the lexicon's and look at other resources. Was I the only one that was taught that method? Maybe I was since I was fortunate there were only 12 of us studying under one person.

I wish you guys could at least get these things right! That's your presumption!

I didn't say that. The iron and clay does describe the people from which the beast originates. I never said anything that the abomination was the statue and if I did it was only in reference to the iron and clay.

YOU SAID,

First you misquote or presume what I say. Now you forgot what you said! 

Well how do you explain your statement...

And I told you that you left the desolation part out of it.

English isn't a precise language to interprete something written in Greek and Hebrew. Your wondering about my heart when you can't quote me or yourself right!!!

Just deal with the issues never mind you perception of how I read and believe about people on the forum.
Pay more attention to yourself because this is so far off base that it's not worth it. You go off into all sorts of things that just have nothing to do with the abomination of desolation.

What your doing is attributing self empowerment and narcissism to the abomination of desolation. I'm not in disagreement with you that the church isn't in good condition. But I say you have a complete misunderstanding of the abomination of desolation.

Don't twist what I say and pay attention to what you say!

I haven't twisted anything. I might have responded to the response of a response of possibly another response, but I've only responded to what was posted. I didn't make anything up, but addressed questions and objections made. The thread here has reached a point where I find it difficult to follow, and I've deleted the additional text for responses as this makes the postings excessively long (and also gives more viewing space to unusual ideas such as the setting up of a statue of a dragon within a temple that hasn't been constructed and may never be.) Now, you tell me exactly what the abomination of desolation is, and I'll pick it apart for you from scripture, if that's what you'd like or possibly I'll find that you've been accurate, it doesn't matter to me one bit. The Lord shows me what He shows me, and I'm not alone in that. God doesn't teach one person what He's doing, nor does He reveal what He's done to just one person, but communicates through His word and by His Spirit to those that have an ear to hear or eyes to see. If you want to take that personally, well let me share this one thing. Our Lord, Jesus Christ, gave Himself up to die on a cross so that His blood would pay the price of my sin and of yours. That's all sin, not one sin, or some sin, but all sin, past, present, and future. Do you believe this? Also, He rose again from the dead and appeared to many witnesses to validate His teaching, demonstrate that His testimony is true, and show us that we too, will rise from the dead. Do you believe this? If you believe these 2 things, the implication of which is that Jesus Christ, our Lord, is indeed equal to God, having been validated by God, then the scripture says that you will be saved. No amount of biblical study will change that. No amount of understanding will have any affect upon that. God saves and God alone. No Church ever saved a single soul. We that believe are His Church, and what we do in His name (at least that which is righteous and empowered by His Spirit) is done not only according to His will, but by His will. By no means can you ever accomplish something for God, but He may accomplish things through you, and most certainly will if you have believed these 2 things which I've previously stated. If you're hope is in some church, your hope is in men and not God and your hope is in vain.
I would suggest that it's best to drop this thread as there is no profit in personal attacks, nor proof of "being right". I'll tell you that I would rather rest my faith in my relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ, than in my insistence upon "being right." I am not a righteous man, because I am a man and not God. Only one man could ever make a claim to being genuinely righteous, and He let Himself be falsely accused, illegally arrested, unrighteously tried, and wrongfully condemned, for the sake of you and me. If you're determined to prove yourself right, then go ahead, and give it your best shot. I'll stake my word and my reputation upon my Lord, who is my righteousness. You can quote me on that if you'd like. I think that we're beating a dead horse here, as a man can only receive what God has allowed him to receive. But this I know to be true, because the Word of God teaches it, that not everything that calls itself the church is the Church, and the Church is that spiritual house built by God and not by men. Amen and Hallelujah. Praise be to the blessed and the beloved, our Lord and Savior, Jesus, called and proven the Christ, to the glory of God the Father. Amen and Amen.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
The Lord shows me what He shows me, and I'm not alone in that. God doesn't teach one person what He's doing, nor does He reveal what He's done to just one person, but communicates through His word and by His Spirit to those that have an ear to hear or eyes to see.

Well the Lord didn't teach you anything about the abomination of desolation. Who taught this abomination to you anyway. When I see people attribute their false teachings to God then you know they're misled.

Self empowerment is the abomination of desolation???

Go back to school!
BYE!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well the Lord didn't teach you anything about the abomination of desolation. Who taught this abomination to you anyway. When I see people attribute their false teachings to God then you know they're misled.

Self empowerment is the abomination of desolation???

Go back to school!
BYE!
I've never attended a Christian school except the Lord's, though I have taught in them. Seems like what you really need to do is to put your trust in Jesus Christ and Christ alone, I'm sure that He can help you with your problem and also give you understanding and wisdom, as well as take away that judgmental attitude and pernicious idolatry of the church that you so anxiously defend. Christ's Church needs no defense as God Himself is our defender. I'll be praying for you and am now. When we need your advice, I'm sure that we'll get it, even if nobody asks for it. Remember to love your enemies, even if they are Muslim. I'm sure that you'll just love the next topic that we hit. See-Yah.

"In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, `I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.' "Therefore her plagues will come in one day death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her
NKJ Revelation 18:7-8

"I will send out the curse,'' says the Lord of hosts; "It shall enter the house of the thief and the house of the one who swears falsely by My name. It shall remain in the midst of his house and consume it, with its timber and stones.''
NKJ Zechariah 5:4

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
I've never attended a Christian school except the Lord's, though I have taught in them. Seems like what you really need to do is to put your trust in Jesus Christ and Christ alone, I'm sure that He can help you with your problem and also give you understanding and wisdom, as well as take away that judgmental attitude and pernicious idolatry of the church that you so anxiously defend. Christ's Church needs no defense as God Himself is our defender. I'll be praying for you and am now. When we need your advice, I'm sure that we'll get it, even if nobody asks for it. Remember to love your enemies, even if they are Muslim. I'm sure that you'll just love the next topic that we hit. See-Yah.

"In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, `I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.' "Therefore her plagues will come in one day death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her
NKJ Revelation 18:7-8

"I will send out the curse,'' says the Lord of hosts; "It shall enter the house of the thief and the house of the one who swears falsely by My name. It shall remain in the midst of his house and consume it, with its timber and stones.''
NKJ Zechariah 5:4

I know how difficult it is for you to quote verses in context. But you should at least try!

There you go questioning my trust in Christ all because your self empowerment theory is an unscriptural colossal blunder. It's absolutely foolish to empower Satan by demonizing the church. When people attribute their foolish and false ideas to the Spirit and the Lord and come up with extra or unbiblical theories, then red flags go up.

If you want to go ahead and slander the church and attribute the workings of the devil to it! Do it! You'll be the one that is judged for it. You're an uneducated bible student who needs to dump Satan as your guide and mentor and get a Christian tutor who doesn't demonize the church. You and your mentor the devil just isn't doing justice to God's church or God's Word. The more you bad-mouth me and the church the more I dump on you so stop it. The church needs people like you demonizing it like we need cancer. There are already enough people outside of the church who attribute the evils of the devil to it so we don't need you doing it too. << Insult removed. >>

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know how difficult it is for you to quote verses in context. But you should at least try!

There you go questioning my trust in Christ all because your self empowerment theory is an unscriptural colossal blunder. It's absolutely foolish to empower Satan by demonizing the church. When people attribute their foolish and false ideas to the Spirit and the Lord and come up with extra or unbiblical theories, then red flags go up.

If you want to go ahead and slander the church and attribute the workings of the devil to it! Do it! You'll be the one that is judged for it. You're an uneducated bible student who needs to dump Satan as your guide and mentor and get a Christian tutor who doesn't demonize the church. You and your mentor the devil just isn't doing justice to God's church or God's Word. The more you bad-mouth me and the church the more I dump on you so stop it. The church needs people like you demonizing it like we need cancer. There are already enough people outside of the church who attribute the evils of the devil to it so we don't need you doing it too. But go ahead and demonize the church and slander God's Spirit. The devil is backing you up all the way you idoit!

I may be an idiot, of course that would mean that IQ testing was grossly inaccurate, but it would be more proper in worldly terms to call me a savant. Thank you for your observations, however, my intellect is not what's in question. My relationship with God is what you are disclaiming, and I've seen no evidence of yours. The Lord showed me something last night after responding to your vitriole. I've been tested before and will no doubt be tested again, but it is God Almighty that has been my defender and my vindicator. You haven't once declared your faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior, but instead resort to baseless and sinful tactics to try to win an argument that you have no scriptural support for. If you know Christ, or if you've ever known Him, there would be some evidence in what you say and what you do. Now, you resort to blaspheming the Holy Spirit, though I'm convinced that it's done in ignorance and carnality, and I forgive you for it.
Elijah is one of my favorite prophets, he really knew how to deal with foolishness. I'm willing to give you a challenge, based upon what the Lord has shown me. I'm willing to back off from preaching and prophesy entirely if the Lord confirms that you are right and acting righteously. I'll pray for it to rain in the Arabah for seven days straight and all you have to do is pray that it won't. If it doesn't rain, you can gloat publicly, cast aspersions upon my name, trample all over what I've done and accomplished for the sake of God's glory and His Church. I think that this is pretty much what you've already been doing anyway, but if I'm wrong and I don't know God, then there really wouldn't be any point in my continueing anyway. If I'm right there will be a price to pay. I'm not the one to exact it. I fear God at least as much as I love Him (and probably a bit more,) but He is my avenger and is mighty in battle. The guantlet is down, so to speak. This is your big opportunity to prove yourself to your peers. You might even work up enough courage to use your own name in your posts. Think of what confidence you'll have in your mighty victory and how much you'll be able to influence those unfamiliar with the word of God.
Just the same, I know that Jesus died for your sin and all you have to do is confess Him as Lord, believing in your heart that this is true, and that He is risen from the dead and completely aware of what we are writing in these posts. Jeroboam was given the northern kingdom of Israel by God, and he set up a golden calf to worship and lead Israel into sin.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One more thing for Mr. Vardo,

It's an abomination to say that Christian's would set up the abomination for the anti-Christ. I'm against you for that and I take it personal.

Okay Mr Kaotic, them thar is fightin' words. Just kidding. Its just that I grew up in one of the largest churches in the world and I was still a child when I realized how the guys in the dresses were hiding the Truth as much as possible and did so without any harm to their conscience. It took a while for me to understand that many of the people teaching their doctrine actually believe it. One of the nicest churches that I've ever fellowshipped with consisted of 50% born again believers who left the same church that I left for similar reasons. I've been accused of hating that church and its true that I didn't enjoy getting slapped around by mean old ladies at a time when I was too young to be able to defend myself, however, I don't hold deceived people responsible for being deceived. I've forgiven them for the things that were done to me, but it's the Lord that they need to get right with, and you don't do that by being sprinkled with water at an age at which you are incapable of understanding the gospel, much less of receiving Jesus Christ by faith. Nor is there any benefit in reciting memorized prayers repeatedly like a parrot. Jesus spoke plainly about such things, but these things that Jesus said were somehow missed in "readings of the gospel." I also wish that it were possible to actually know the Lord just by the study of the scriptures, but if this were true, Jesus would never have been crucified.
By the way, I understand that you take what I've posted personal, but the scriptures say what they say. I'm curious as to why you have a picture of the twin towers being hit during the 9/11 attack. Having worked frequently at the towers, and knowing some of the dead (and some of the survivors) I find it more than a little offensive to see examples of human hatred attached to scriptural postings on a Christian study forum. Did you loose someone there? Men do evil things because it's our nature to do evil things. That's exactly why we need to be saved. When I've written things concerning my studies (not the stuff which is just the flesh rearing up) I tend to avoid using large numbers of scriptural references, because I assume that the people participating in the on line discussions have the ability to search the scriptures and learn what they actually say. Perhaps I'm assuming too much. But, no problem, I'm quite prepared to delete my shortcut to the Christianity board and walk away from it when I'm convinced that the Lord never intended me to join it. I'm at peace with it one way or another, and this is something else that I can be grateful for, a peace that goes beyond any understanding or reason for its existence. Everyone who has believed continues to struggle with the flesh, and overcoming the flesh is impossible to do in the strength of the flesh, but here's a little secret that isn't really a secret. The way to die to yourself is to stare intently at the image of God in the person of Jesus Christ. No one may look at the face of God and live, but He raises us up and makes us to live in the power of His resurrection, and that is an awesome thing.