abomination of desolation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does anyone have solid scripture and or history, that defines what abomination that maketh desolate actually is?
Matthew 23:37-38 KJV
[37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! [38] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says the Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world. After the Cross, the Lamb and God created the current heavens and earth. We are living in what Jesus went away to prepare for us.

We, in the body of Christ will return to Paradise the Garden of Eden. The place God prepared for us in Genesis 2. In fact all the church is already there waiting for those who are alive and remain to get caught up. For those who reject a rapture prior to Satan's 42 months, you should do all you can to stop death. Death is a bigger escape route to Paradise than a rapture. If you hate the notion of escape, are you going to deny that people die, because it is also an escape?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 18:7
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luk 18:8
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

It's amazing how the darkness has crept in in such a short time.
First they removed God from the schools.
They ridicule you if you believe in God.
They closed down the churches.
They burn the churches.
Now they're burning bibles.
They want to remove God from the pledge of allegience.
People being jailed and killed for their faith around the globe.
They won't be happy until all knowledge of God is gone...

Abomination of desolation..
shall he find faith on earth when he comes?

I hope so.
HUGS

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 23:37-38 KJV
[37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! [38] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

that is a very good one. and not long after that is was left in desolation for a very long time. why people look for that to come to pass when it has when Titus did Jerusalem in I don't know.

also the worst time ever in Jewish history is 7 years long from 1938 to 1945 and then the state of Israel is reestablished within two years.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 18:7
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luk 18:8
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

It's amazing how the darkness has crept in in such a short time.
First they removed God from the schools.
They ridicule you if you believe in God.
They closed down the churches.
They burn the churches.
Now they're burning bibles.
They want to remove God from the pledge of allegience.
People being jailed and killed for their faith around the globe.
They won't be happy until all knowledge of God is gone...

Abomination of desolation..
shall he find faith on earth when he comes?

I hope so.
HUGS

the world has always hated God's Word (other than the very few) and they do not want His Presence in the world. because then they are not able to get away with being judges of what is good and evil (like gods). judging what is good and evil is God's job and place not man's. hence there is this unspoken attituded that God should stay in heaven and man in the earth (world). and many buy into that because they don't know that God gave man God's place in the earth to execute God's Judgements which is Life.

therefore one is to accommodate God's Presence with them. that was Israel's service and Jesus restored to us that which was in the beginning with Adam and Eve were the Lord God and man were at peace, God's peace.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the world has always hated God's Word (other than the very few) and they do not want His Presence in the world. because then they are not able to get away with being judges of what is good and evil (like gods). judging what is good and evil is God's job and place not man's. hence there is this unspoken attituded that God should stay in heaven and man in the earth (world). and many buy into that because they don't know that God gave man God's place in the earth to execute God's Judgements which is Life.

therefore one is to accommodate God's Presence with them. that was Israel's service and Jesus restored to us that which was in the beginning with Adam and Eve were the Lord God and man were at peace, God's peace.
I need to tread lightly here as I mean to NOT open any kind of can of worms.
So I'm going to mean what I ask and ask what I mean, not to get thrown in 10,000 directions..
OKAY? I hope so

Is it possible that during the holocaust, the intention behind that, was to extinguish the foundation of the knowledge of God?
In a spiritual aspect I'm asking, not a physical worldy one.
If the Jews which had the Law and the Prophets all that which we call a bible, could have been extinguished..
That could have left the door for secular non spiritual religion aka paganism to creep in rather quickly no?
Was it by divine intervention that ww2 was lost by Hitler?

Is it possible without intervention that the abomination that maketh desolate would have occured?
Did we get more time?

Just thinking..
HUGS

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
does anyone have solid scripture and or history, that defines what abomination that maketh desolate actually is?

And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. (Dan 11:31).

It is an idol (the image of the Beast, see Rev 13) which triggers desolations (the Great Tribulation). This will be in the future when there is a third temple in Jerusalem. It will stand in the Holy Place.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. (Dan 11:31).

It is an idol (the image of the Beast, see Rev 13) which triggers desolations (the Great Tribulation). This will be in the future when there is a third temple in Jerusalem. It will stand in the Holy Place.
I think the abomonation that maketh desolate is when no one turns to God in their heart and sets themselves as God.
I have this habit of looking inwardly and not so much outwardly.
But the again.. those things that come from the heart have a way of manifesting themselves in the world.
I believe the "Holy Place" is God's Sabbath and the daily sacrifice is the Prayers Jesus told us to pray for our "daily" bread..
That's just me..
I see what you say though too.

HUGS

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

disagree big time. the daily sacrifice was taken away with Titus in 70AD

also Rev is a prophecy for sure but what says that it didn't start when it was written?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to tread lightly here as I mean to NOT open any kind of can of worms.
So I'm going to mean what I ask and ask what I mean, not to get thrown in 10,000 directions..
OKAY? I hope so

Is it possible that during the holocaust, the intention behind that, was to extinguish the foundation of the knowledge of God?
In a spiritual aspect I'm asking, not a physical worldy one.
If the Jews which had the Law and the Prophets all that which we call a bible, could have been extinguished..
That could have left the door for secular non spiritual religion aka paganism to creep in rather quickly no?
Was it by divine intervention that ww2 was lost by Hitler?

Is it possible without intervention that the abomination that maketh desolate would have occured?
Did we get more time?

Just thinking..
HUGS

you guys have to read not only the bible but also history. Titus after he subdued the Jewish defense of the temple he sacrificed pigs to his god in the temple which is an abomination and then subdued the rest of Jerusalem which is an desolation of Jerusalem.

both abomination and directly after desolation were fulfilled at that event.

now as far as the holocaust the world Zion organization which basically preached the return of the Jews to the land promised Abraham now Israel started in 1897/98 40 years later +- the Jews were being out right publicly and politically persecuted to the death. now known as the holocaust and one should understand that approximately 40 years after Jesus speaks of Jerusalem's demise Titus executes it.

the "Jewish Question" is a public and political problem European nations debated when and after the "new age" thinking came into place. they did not know what to do about the Jewish populations in their countries. of which the Germans during Hitler's rein came up with what they called the "final solution" in reference to the "Jewish question". you should understand the best way to unite a people is to have the threat of a common enemy, or to blame a common enemy. all European nations debated the Jewish question, including England who actually started the political debate according to some historical references.

though Hitler is who he is, Stalin starved off 10 million +- of his own citizens, and had all of his upper echelon generals assassinated thinking he didn't have to worry about Hitler after his Poland agreement with Hitler. and the Japanize were more ruthless to the china and other Asian populations they invaded then anyone. also I do believe its historically correct to say that it was England and France that declared war on Germany first. before than Germany wasn't at war with anyone other that any Poland protests.

I do believe the Lord allowed such in WWII because the Jews didn't heed the call to return to Israel, there are some prophecies in the OT that make reference to the north, meaning lands north of Jerusalem. and some do support the notion that the Lord was forcing the hand of His people and it wasn't pleasant. nothing new in what the Lord does to the Jews because of their refusal to respond. the Jewish Question may have brought about a German self justification for the final solution, but the Jewish Question may have also became a Jewish solution to support and establish a reestablishment of a Jewish state now Israel.

of which is still contested by many.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think the persecution of the Christians since what was it.. the burning heretics at the stake.. Joan of Ark..
my memory is aweful..
And today christians are being slaughtered "as sheep" around the world.
Not here yet but coming to a theatre near you..

Is that God's heavy hand or man's disobedience and not stopping the evil from rising?

I wonder how many times this abomination of desolation has and will take place :(

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading Daniel 12. This mysterious phrase has been interpreted and wrestled with for generations: "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days." Dan. 12:11

Many would believe this sacrifice is an animal sacrifice in some new temple that will come in the future. I disagree. Jesus was our once and for all sacrifice, putting an end to the OT sacrificial system - for good. He tore the veil on the day of His death and also destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D. as well. So why would God allow a new temple and another useless sacrificial system again? It would be an insult to Him. What would it's purpose be? His plan is to send two witnesses to preach the gospel to the Jews during this time period. Their preaching would contradict and conflict with any such Temple would practices would it not?

I submit that the only daily sacrifice that Christians have performed since Christ is the sacrifice of praise and worship. And that is done in Church or in your own privacy as well. But what just recently happened in the world that no president could order only for the purpose of public safety? On March 16, 2020 the order went out to restrict any public gathering of more than ten people and so church congregation was prohibited, our freedom to worship and give sacrificial praise. If you were to add 1290 days to this date, you come within two days of Easter 2023. Put that on hold for a bit.

Now the phrase "abomination that causes desolation" is recognized as something that happened in the past involving Antiochus Epiphanes when he sacrificed a pig on the Temple altar to Zeus. But this has a future significance as well. There are many references in the bible to the words abomination and desolation.

An abomination in English is that which is exceptionally loathsome, hateful, sinful, wicked, or vile. The term shiqquts is translated abomination by almost all translations of the Bible.

Proverbs 6:16-19 lists seven things which are also abominations: "haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are swift in running to mischief, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Desolation - a state of complete emptiness or destruction. Bareness, bleakness, grim, anguished misery or loneliness

So a modern day interpretation of "abomination that causes desolation" is an evil the destroys. This could be the Antichrist who persecutes and destroys God's people, but does not necessarily duplicate an Antiochus Epiphanes, who marches into a New Temple and does the same thing. Besides, would a new Temple be a Holy Place? A holy place is where God is and dwells. ???

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading Daniel 12. This mysterious phrase has been interpreted and wrestled with for generations: "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days." Dan. 12:11

Many would believe this sacrifice is an animal sacrifice in some new temple that will come in the future. I disagree. Jesus was our once and for all sacrifice, putting an end to the OT sacrificial system - for good. He tore the veil on the day of His death and also destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D. as well. So why would God allow a new temple and another useless sacrificial system again? It would be an insult to Him. What would it's purpose be? His plan is to send two witnesses to preach the gospel to the Jews during this time period. Their preaching would contradict and conflict with any such Temple would practices would it not?

I submit that the only daily sacrifice that Christians have performed since Christ is the sacrifice of praise and worship. And that is done in Church or in your own privacy as well. But what just recently happened in the world that no president could order only for the purpose of public safety? On March 16, 2020 the order went out to restrict any public gathering of more than ten people and so church congregation was prohibited, our freedom to worship and give sacrificial praise. If you were to add 1290 days to this date, you come within two days of Easter 2023. Put that on hold for a bit.

Now the phrase "abomination that causes desolation" is recognized as something that happened in the past involving Antiochus Epiphanes when he sacrificed a pig on the Temple altar to Zeus. But this has a future significance as well. There are many references in the bible to the words abomination and desolation.

An abomination in English is that which is exceptionally loathsome, hateful, sinful, wicked, or vile. The term shiqquts is translated abomination by almost all translations of the Bible.

Proverbs 6:16-19 lists seven things which are also abominations: "haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are swift in running to mischief, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Desolation - a state of complete emptiness or destruction. Bareness, bleakness, grim, anguished misery or loneliness

So a modern day interpretation of "abomination that causes desolation" is an evil the destroys. This could be the Antichrist who persecutes and destroys God's people, but does not necessarily duplicate an Antiochus Epiphanes, who marches into a New Temple and does the same thing. Besides, would a new Temple be a Holy Place? A holy place is where God is and dwells. ???
I can’t think of anything more abominable than Christ falsely witnessed against beaten and crucified
This is why Their house was made desolate.
As far as the two witnesses, well imo this was John and Jesus.

Also, welcome to CB.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t think of anything more abominable than Christ falsely witnessed against beaten and crucified

Also, welcome to CB.
I believe it is the Law and the Testimony.
John and Jesus.. same thing.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to think about that for a minute, at first I thought maybe you might be picking on me again.
I don't pick on you...

Just your comments are rather ... short.. and I have a hard time figuring out what you mean from just a few words.
LOL

HUGS

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the abomonation that maketh desolate is when no one turns to God in their heart and sets themselves as God.
You cannot simply allegorize Bible prophecy. Unless it is taken as literally as possible, all you will have is a mishmash of fantastic ideas. Jesus plainly said it would "stand in the Holy Place". That should settle the matter.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot simply allegorize Bible prophecy. Unless it is taken as literally as possible, all you will have is a mishmash of fantastic ideas. Jesus plainly said it would "stand in the Holy Place". That should settle the matter.
The only Holy Place on earth is the one God made to rest in.
Amen

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also, welcome to CB.
An abomination that was willingly and purposely suffered.
Revelation was a mixed bag of past, present and future events show to John. I considered John and Jesus as witnesses but neither if them lies in the street for 3 days and John wasn't resurrected- as far as I know.
The witnesses are puzzling. They should show up after the rapture, when the A.C. is revealed.