Abortion kills a unique human being.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unborn child is dependent on the mother, but he or she is not an appendage. The mother’s thumb has the same DNA she has. The unborn is a unique life. His or her DNA is different from the mother’s. If the unborn child were just another part of the mother, then she would have two heads, two hearts, four kidneys, and twenty toes. The unborn is a unique person. The other two answers are even simpler. The unborn baby is alive — and its species is human.

Therefore, abortion kills a unique human being.
The soul is unique and God is a God of second chances even with the unborn. I'm surprised not one poster even mentions the soul. Everyone is fixated on the flesh DNA.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When my mother became preggers with me out of wedlock in 1948 I don't know if the thought of aborting me crossed her mind, but it was such a terrible social disgrace in those days that if she'd aborted me to hush it up, her family and friends would probably have said "Oh well it was for the best", and wouldn't have minded.
But as the fetus in question I might have minded..:)

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fetus is entirely dependent on its mother for survival; it cannot exist on its own. Some fetuses have lethal anomalies that insure that they will not be able to survive on their own outside the womb. What is your solution?
SOLUTION? Since when does a baby (not fetus) need a solution. All it needs is the loving care of the two people that created it, regardless of its condition.

Reactions: Pearl

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SOLUTION? Since when does a baby (not fetus) need a solution. All it needs is the loving care of the two people that created it, regardless of its condition.
Are you unable to follow what I said or unable to post something meaningful? What is your solution to the situation where a fetus has a fatal anomaly that prevents it from surviving after birth? Do you think it should suffer and die an agonizing death? Yes or no?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you unable to follow what I said or unable to post something meaningful? What is your solution to the situation where a fetus has a fatal anomaly that prevents it from surviving after birth? Do you think it should suffer and die an agonizing death? Yes or no?
Can you tell me why a 1 in 10,000 occurrence is used to justify abortion?

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I haven't studied fetuses. I have always studied babies.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell me why a 1 in 10,000 occurrence is used to justify abortion?
I don't know where you got this statistic. Again, there are fetal anomalies that make it impossible for the fetus to survive outside the womb. Also, there are certain pregnancies that, if not aborted, will kill the mother.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unborn child is dependent on the mother, but he or she is not an appendage. The mother’s thumb has the same DNA she has. The unborn is a unique life. His or her DNA is different from the mother’s. If the unborn child were just another part of the mother, then she would have two heads, two hearts, four kidneys, and twenty toes. The unborn is a unique person. The other two answers are even simpler. The unborn baby is alive — and its species is human.

Therefore, abortion kills a unique human being.
All true. But I do believe that this unique unborn fetus becomes a child in heaven, also confirmed by Colton Burpo. He said he met his sister in heaven who died from a miscarriage his mother had. She greeted him with a hug and was a little older than him. How about that? No one ever told him ( a 4-year old at the time) that his Mommy had a miscarriage, a baby die inside of her. I actually believe the story, "Heaven Is For Real". Read the book and liked the movie too.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All true. But I do believe that this unique unborn fetus becomes a child in heaven, also confirmed by Colton Burpo. He said he met his sister in heaven who died from a miscarriage husband mother had. She greeted him with a hug and was a little older than him. How about that? No one ever told him ( a 4-year old at the time) that his Mommy had a miscarriage, a baby die inside of her. I actually believe the story, "Heaven Is For Real". Read the book and liked the movie too.
When my grandson was little - about 3 or 4 - he said he remembered being with God.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then you need to study more about pregnancy in general. Not all pregnancies result in a live birth.
I haven't studies fetuses. I have always studied babies. You know the sort that come out of the womb.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know where you got this statistic. Again, there are fetal anomalies that make it impossible for the fetus to survive outside the womb. Also, there are certain pregnancies that, if not aborted, will kill the mother.
There is a lot you don't know.

Reactions: dhh712

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pity those who call themselves "Christians" that promote abortion on Judgment Day!

Reactions: dhh712
Feb 26, 2021
Chandler
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At conception the zygote is an individual human being determining it's own growth warts and all just like you and me.

Can it live outside the womb? Does it have a rational soul*? Is it a person?
None of those matter because they don't define species of individuals. Because from conception what it will be is self determined. At conception a self determined individual human being has begun to live.
At conception it is already in of itself what it will be warts and all.

This isn't a theory. This is how researchers, doctors, how science defines a one celled zygote.

That being so, it's an established fact, at conception a human individual has begun to live.

With that I ask, how can a human individual not be a person?

Reactions: Matthias and Pearl

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Abortion is the modern-day equivalent: Heathens sacrifice their children to the god of comfort and convenience.

There is a lot you don't know.

Yes. Physicians aren't God. Many have been wrong about who will live and who will not. Sin entered this world and death, agonizing death at times, is a result of that. The Lord has mercifully blessed us with pain medication at least. Let God be the Lord of death and life, not man. Man with his oh so falsely glorified magnification of his own brilliance often believes he stands in the place of God to decree life or death. He has been shown time and time again that that is not the case.

At conception the zygote is an individual human being determining it's own growth warts and all just like you and me.

Can it live outside the womb? ...

I'm at a loss at how survival outside the womb now determines whether the entity is a human or not. Can someone explain the logic? As you've stated, a human being begins--all of us have--when the sperm and egg combine to form a zygote. In many of those instances, this is dissolved in some manner and the process does not go on to become a human being (and again as I have stated, this determination should be left to God). Yet in no case in all of time and every single being who will ever live does the process not begin with this combination. Therefore, since all human beings have formed from this stage then this is the first instance of a human being. I'm not sure how this logic is not the correct one. If it isn't, I'd like to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: marksman
Feb 26, 2021
Chandler
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
at a loss at how survival outside the womb now determines whether the entity is a human or not. Can someone explain the logic?
Viability was a sign of humanity according to abortionist. Discussing the issue with an abortion doctor who claimed the embryo is parasitic so isn't human. It's a parasite he said, so I asked, when did science start defining species according to its stage of development?

Ancient pagans believed the ability to reason was the sign that a rational soul was animating the child. At that point it had crossed over from animal to human. A child before that could be a sacrificial offering to a fertility god. As science progressed the date was pushed back to earlier stages. As abortion became enshrined firmly in law birth became the legal threshold of protection. The ancient pagans were more moral than today's. Today's pagans really don't care if it's human or not. They proved that since they tried to pass law to deny care to a child that survived abortion. Unbelievably depraved.
May God continue to bless you .

Last edited: