Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am fairly familiar with Scripture but I do not understand re-incarnation as being any part of God's way of doing things.

John the Baptist came to public ministry in the spirit and power like unto that of Elijah, and Christ was made an High Priest after the order of Melchizedek, just as the Bible says. No mysticism (especially as fodder for any tangential, post-modern ideology) is necessary.

We've come a long way from the subject of an unborn child being every bit as human as a newborn, just as Luke, the physician under the influence of the Holy Ghost indicated when he called them both "brephos" in chapters 1 & 2 of his Gospel account.
Reincarnation is a Satanic hoax giving unbelievers false hope after they die!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Justice Thomas did not break the law, yet AOC is advocating to break the law or at least ignore the law to promote her personal agenda?Evidently the rule of law has no place in the Democratic Party and they call Republicans insurrectionists. :rolleyes:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reincarnation is a Satanic hoax giving unbelievers false hope after they die!
Re-incarnation isn’t a Satanic hoax. Re-incarnation simply doesn’t exist.

You are the only person here broaching the subject, almost as if it is some sort of disturbed mental fixation. So . . . What’s the big deal? No one here has ever suggested or even mentioned the validity of re-incarnation.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re-incarnation isn’t a Satanic hoax.
It is indeed. Lots of people heading for Hell believe in reincarnation. They have the false hope of another chance.
Re-incarnation simply doesn’t exist.
It doesn't have to exist for people to believe it.
You are the only person here broaching the subject, almost as if it is some sort of disturbed mental fixation. So . . . What’s the big deal? No one here has ever suggested or even mentioned the validity of re-incarnation.
Why do Liberals nearly always falsely accuse Christians of what they themselves do normally? Have you ever read what the Bible says will happen to "all liars" Stan?

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is indeed. Lots of people heading for Hell believe in reincarnation.

It doesn't have to exist for people to believe it.

Why do Liberals nearly always falsely accuse Christians of what they themselves do normally? Have you ever read what the Bible says will happen to "all liars" Stan?
Have you ever told a lie?? Good thing God has provided a remedy for liars, or Heaven would end up empty!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever told a lie?? Good thing God has provided a remedy for liars, or Heaven would end up empty!
There's a big difference between telling a lie and being a liar. You PUBLICLY told a WHOPPER!

"You are the only person here broaching the subject, almost as if it is some sort of disturbed mental fixation."

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously long enough to know that the True God wants a person to make good moral choices because of their love for him. Not because some human organization is trying to force a law concerning some moral law down a persons throat. I'm against abortion but I understand that the True God YHWH doesn't want me out there trying to force his way or his law on people. You can't force people to love someone. You can't even force people to love the True God. Truly loving the True God comes from a willing heart, not from some human organization trying to force you to love him.
Why can't JW's answer simple questions? You made the worst mistake in your life when you sat in Kingdom Hall!

Reactions: Stan B

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can't JW's answer simple questions? You made the worst mistake in your life when you sat in Kingdom Hall!
Actually it's the best decision I've ever made in my life. I'm not going to be like people who are trying to force God's standards on people. A person must choose because of their love for God and people to make decisions that please God. If they don't make decisions for that reason then it's useless to that person/persons when it comes to living their life for the right reasons. You think God doesn't take your motive of why you are his servant into consideration? You can't force people to love the true God.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Jack. I do believe someone can be Christian and still support abortion. First of all I am pro-life and do not support abortion at all.
That being said, I believe the abortion crowd has been very good at trying to convince people that a baby is not a baby. They use science and scientific words to describe things like zygote and fetus etc. along with other arguments that are "scientific" in nature. I believe these arguments can convince some Christians that abortion is okay, particularly up until a certain week. I don't think there are any real believers that think abortion is ok anytime including up until birth. But there are many that would support abortion up until week 10 or under. And they would use scientific arguments for it. I think they are wrong, but I would not label them as non-Christian.
Imagine people using "science and scientific words" to explain a medical issue. What is wrong with those people? Maybe they should just use the term "baby" for egg, zygote, embryo, fetus, and newborn, regardless of the stage of development.

Those are not arguments. They are accurate terms for the stages of development of an unborn human.

Many real believers that think abortion is ok anytime including up until birth. It depends entirely on the individual circumstance. There are many problems that can occur from conception to birth, some of which are fatal to the fetus and/or the mother. It is sound medicine (and Christian behavior) to decide if the termination of a pregnancy is recommended, taking many factors into account.

It makes no sense at all to reduce a complex medical situation to a dogmatic yes/no issue.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually it's the best decision I've ever made in my life. I'm not going to be like people who are trying to force God's standards on people. A person must choose because of their love for God and people to make decisions that please God. If they don't make decisions for that reason then it's useless to that person/persons when it comes to living their life for the right reasons. You think God doesn't take your motive of why you are his servant into consideration? You can't force people to love the true God.
It's amazing that it took God 6000 years to reveal His true religion!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm guessing here that you really don't support the eating of babies.

While it's true that God killed and ordered the killing of people including babies it came as a direct order from God. And since God is just and God is righteous and Gods decisions are always based upon his perfect knowledge, perfect understanding perfect justice, perfect, righteousness, perfect holiness his decision to do so was also perfect.

Who can know the mind of God? Which actually means who among us humans has the same abilities of God? I don't, do you? Do you know all things? Do you understand all things? As God is perfect and you and I are not we do not have the same understanding as God.

This is a serious problem of man. And was so from the beginning when the deceiver in the garden told Eve that eating the fruit would make her like God and she ate it. We always want to be God. How do I know this? Because we are always doing what you just did. By putting ourselves above God to judge him for his actions. If God doesn't act or behave how we would then we have a right to judge him. Oh? I tell you what, when you can create something out of nothing then we can talk about whether you really have an understanding of God. When you can know the future in every detail of every person and every nation then we can talk. When you have existed before time began and have all knowledge and all understanding we can talk.

Until then your and my ways will never be perfect and your and my way will never be able to grasp or understand God and his ways. We are less than a worm in our knowledge and understanding. We understand Gods ways less than a worm understands ours.

We have no real ability to judge God for his ways because we are not anything like him. So all this angst over what God did is totally irrelevant because we have NO WAY of understanding all the reasons why. And since we don't we have no right to judge him for it.

We do have a right though to judge each other's actions, because we are human and have a humans understanding. God has given us that right. And in the case of this thread, yes we can judge that abortion is wrong because it causes the death of a human being at our hands who has done no wrong to us or society to deserve death. And we have no way of knowing what they will do either.
Most of this post is off-topic. The main subject of the thread is abortion, not knowing the mind of God, having perfect understanding, Eve's behavior, judging God, etc.

Abortion does not cause the death of a human being. Clearly you do not understand pregnancy. A fertilized egg develops inside the mother's uterus and slowly develops into what someday will be a newborn baby -- if all goes well. And that is a "big if"!! Many problems can and do develop throughout a pregnancy, often resulting in the reality that the developing fetus cannot survive independent of the mother. It makes absolutely no sense to force a mother to carry the fetus to term if the life of one or both them is at risk. Suppose the fetus has malformed lungs and will be unable to breathe once it is born. Do you think it's best to have that newborn suffocate and die an agonizing death? What is the humane and sensible thing to do in that case?

Christians have been given compassion to facilitate doing what is best in any and all circumstances. Abortion is one of those circumstances.

• Haha
Reactions: Stan B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Jam 1:8

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hos 4:6
doctrox, we actually agree on something! Or more accurately, we agree on what Hosea wrote, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge!" Hosea 4:6a => IF YOU TAKE THOSE WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT <= I wish that a) people had more knowledge of pregnancy and birth, including the problems that can and do occur and b) understood the principle of exegesis.

As long as your selecting words out of context, you might also want to add Hosea 4a, "Yet let no one contend, and let none accuse". That clearly applies to those who set themselves up to judge others, often in ignorance.

And Hosea 4:6c as well, "and since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."

And James 1:5-8 says, "If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you. But ask in faith, never doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For the doubter, being double-minded and unstable in every way, must not expect to receive anything from the Lord."
Quoting James 1:8 out of context from an unreliable translation is a serious error.

I hope you understand the eisegesis involved in taking selected words from the Bible and misusing them to attempt to prove something to which they clearly do not apply. People do it all the time, but that just brings shame on them for misquoting God's word.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And Hosea 4:6c as well, "and since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."
Hosea was also an advocate of abortion. In Hosea 9:13-16, the prophet Hosea prayed to God to abort the fetuses of his enemies which God did.

For you have played the harlot, forsaking your God.

11 As for Ephraim, their glory will fly away like a bird—
No birth, no pregnancy and no conception!
12 Though they bring up their children,
Yet I will bereave [abort Strongs 7921] them until not a man is left.
Yes, woe to them indeed when I depart from them!
13 Ephraim, as I have seen,
Is planted in a pleasant meadow like Tyre;
But Ephraim will bring out his children for slaughter.

Hoseas's prayer:

14 Give them, O Lord what will You give?
Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.

16 Ephraim is stricken, their root is dried up,
They will bear no fruit.
Even though they bear children,
I will slay the precious ones of their womb.
17 My God will cast them away
Because they have not listened to Him;
Hosea 9

You will note that the tribe of Ephraim is not mentioned amongst the 144,000.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell fire is not a good choice, no matter what your tutor Kingdom Hall says. Your own NWT betrays you.