Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important to understand the spirit that motivates abortion. One wonders what is going on when a girl at an abortion rally holds up a placard that says I LOVE ABORTIONS.

The scripture is very clear that Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy. Abortion destroys the life of a baby, therefore the author of it is Satan. That fact alone means we do not give it any credence.

The thing with Roe v Wade (apart from Roe not being pregnant) is that the right to abortion was very narrow and specific. It is because of the slippery slope that gave everyone the right to abort for any reason. In its final days, the majority of abortions were done because of convenience.

Those that protested about the removal of the right to abortion were protesting to a right that was not there.

At a March for Life I attended the opposition which was mainly feminists, were totally evil. Their faces were contorted with rage. They shouted and swore in the faces of the marchers. They pushed an older lady with a walking stick to the ground. They became like wild animals. We did not respond to any of their attacks. In the end, the police moved them on.

Something like that shows you the true nature of abortion so it should not be countenanced under any circumstances.

So if a woman is going to die because of the pregnancy or the fetus, an abortion should not be performed? Is that what you're saying?

Reactions: Jim B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you can eat anything that the Bible doesn't specifically name? lol
NO! That approach is the broad path to deception, There is no end to things the Bible DOES NOT say!

Your beliefs should be based upon what the Bible DOES say:

"Peter became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
He saw heaven open and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals and reptiles of the earth, as well as birds of the air. Then a voice said to him: “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!”
“No, Lord!” Peter answered. “I have never eaten anything impured or unclean.”
The voice spoke to him a second time: “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
Acts 10

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important to understand the spirit that motivates abortion. One wonders what is going on when a girl at an abortion rally holds up a placard that says I LOVE ABORTIONS.

The scripture is very clear that Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy. Abortion destroys the life of a baby, therefore the author of it is Satan. That fact alone means we do not give it any credence.

The thing with Roe v Wade (apart from Roe not being pregnant) is that the right to abortion was very narrow and specific. It is because of the slippery slope that gave everyone the right to abort for any reason. In its final days, the majority of abortions were done because of convenience.

Those that protested about the removal of the right to abortion were protesting to a right that was not there.

At a March for Life I attended the opposition which was mainly feminists, were totally evil. Their faces were contorted with rage. They shouted and swore in the faces of the marchers. They pushed an older lady with a walking stick to the ground. They became like wild animals. We did not respond to any of their attacks. In the end, the police moved them on.

Something like that shows you the true nature of abortion so it should not be countenanced under any circumstances.
You are clearly deceived!

Did you poll the protestors to find out which ones were feminists? How did you decide that hey were "totally evil"? Contorted with rage? LOL!!! "They became like wild animals"???

"Something like that shows you the true nature of abortion so it should not be countenanced under any circumstances" is lunacy! People demonstrating for freedom should always be permitted, especially when it concerns a woman's right to decide on her own medical care.

You should get a job reporting for Fox News, since you are clearly biased, judgmental, and disobeying Christ's command to love your neighbor.

• Love
Reactions: Stan B

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO! That approach is the broad path to deception, There is no end to things the Bible DOES NOT say!

Your beliefs should be based upon what the Bible DOES say:

"Peter became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
He saw heaven open and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals and reptiles of the earth, as well as birds of the air. Then a voice said to him: “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!”
“No, Lord!” Peter answered. “I have never eaten anything impured or unclean.”
The voice spoke to him a second time: “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
Acts 10
You quoted one of the curses in Dt 28 as a blessing from God. Have you really eaten a human baby Stan? Not many human babies are "four footed" Stan.

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are clearly deceived!

Did you poll the protestors to find out which ones were feminists? How did you decide that hey were "totally evil"? Contorted with rage? LOL!!! "They became like wild animals"???

"Something like that shows you the true nature of abortion so it should not be countenanced under any circumstances" is lunacy! People demonstrating for freedom should always be permitted, especially when it concerns a woman's right to decide on her own medical care.

You should get a job reporting for Fox News, since you are clearly biased, judgmental, and disobeying Christ's command to love your neighbor.
What a wonderful, caring and non-judgmental comment. Obviously I need to study the subject for another 30 years on top of the 30 I have already studied it to get your approval.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So if a woman is going to die because of the pregnancy or the fetus, an abortion should not be performed? Is that what you're saying?
i never said no such thing. You are putting words into my mouth to avoid the reality of the situation.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i never said no such thing. You are putting words into my mouth to avoid the reality of the situation.

You said:

To me, any circumstances means any. You did not say that abortion should not be allowed unless the life of the mother is danger. You said under any circumstances.

So, unless you meant something else, your own words say exactly what you quoted in your reply to me. So no words were put it into your mouth.

If you meant something different, then by all means, explain what you meant by "any circumstances."

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a wonderful, caring and non-judgmental comment. Obviously I need to study the subject for another 30 years on top of the 30 I have already studied it to get your approval.
You are, for once, correct!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I never said no such thing" is a double negative, O learned one. It is an admission that you did say it.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said:

To me, any circumstances means any. You did not say that abortion should not be allowed unless the life of the mother is danger. You said under any circumstances.

So, unless you meant something else, your own words say exactly what you quoted in your reply to me. So no words were put it into your mouth.

If you meant something different, then by all means, explain what you meant by "any circumstances."
I don't have the time to discuss tautology.

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe someone can be Christian and support aborting millions of unborn babies?
Hello Jack. I do believe someone can be Christian and still support abortion. First of all I am pro-life and do not support abortion at all.
That being said, I believe the abortion crowd has been very good at trying to convince people that a baby is not a baby. They use science and scientific words to describe things like zygote and fetus etc. along with other arguments that are "scientific" in nature. I believe these arguments can convince some Christians that abortion is okay, particularly up until a certain week. I don't think there are any real believers that think abortion is ok anytime including up until birth. But there are many that would support abortion up until week 10 or under. And they would use scientific arguments for it. I think they are wrong, but I would not label them as non-Christian.

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what god you are talking about, but the God of the Bible had no problem in killing babies.

- In Noahic flood, God killed every baby on earth! How many do you figure He killed?

- When God destroyed Sodom and Gommorah. how many babies do you figure He killed then.

- When God ordered Israel to kill ALL the midianites, how many babies do you figure were killed?

But babies are a blessing, and good to be eaten for food during hard times:
"The most gentle and refined woman among you, so gentle and refined she would not venture to set the sole of her foot on the ground, will begrudge the husband she embracese and her son and daughter the afterbirth that comes from between her legs and the children she bears, because she will secretly eat them for lack of anything else in the siege and distress that your enemy will inflict on you within your gates. Deut 28:56

Your religion doesn't seem to like God's values and His idea of morality.
I'm guessing here that you really don't support the eating of babies.

While it's true that God killed and ordered the killing of people including babies it came as a direct order from God. And since God is just and God is righteous and Gods decisions are always based upon his perfect knowledge, perfect understanding perfect justice, perfect, righteousness, perfect holiness his decision to do so was also perfect.

Who can know the mind of God? Which actually means who among us humans has the same abilities of God? I don't, do you? Do you know all things? Do you understand all things? As God is perfect and you and I are not we do not have the same understanding as God.

This is a serious problem of man. And was so from the beginning when the deceiver in the garden told Eve that eating the fruit would make her like God and she ate it. We always want to be God. How do I know this? Because we are always doing what you just did. By putting ourselves above God to judge him for his actions. If God doesn't act or behave how we would then we have a right to judge him. Oh? I tell you what, when you can create something out of nothing then we can talk about whether you really have an understanding of God. When you can know the future in every detail of every person and every nation then we can talk. When you have existed before time began and have all knowledge and all understanding we can talk.

Until then your and my ways will never be perfect and your and my way will never be able to grasp or understand God and his ways. We are less than a worm in our knowledge and understanding. We understand Gods ways less than a worm understands ours.

We have no real ability to judge God for his ways because we are not anything like him. So all this angst over what God did is totally irrelevant because we have NO WAY of understanding all the reasons why. And since we don't we have no right to judge him for it.

We do have a right though to judge each other's actions, because we are human and have a humans understanding. God has given us that right. And in the case of this thread, yes we can judge that abortion is wrong because it causes the death of a human being at our hands who has done no wrong to us or society to deserve death. And we have no way of knowing what they will do either.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Jack. I do believe someone can be Christian and still support abortion. First of all I am pro-life and do not support abortion at all.
That being said, I believe the abortion crowd has been very good at trying to convince people that a baby is not a baby. They use science and scientific words to describe things like zygote and fetus etc. along with other arguments that are "scientific" in nature. I believe these arguments can convince some Christians that abortion is okay, particularly up until a certain week. I don't think there are any real believers that think abortion is ok anytime including up until birth. But there are many that would support abortion up until week 10 or under. And they would use scientific arguments for it. I think they are wrong, but I would not label them as non-Christian.
I am not familiar with people who use scientific words to support when a baby becomes a baby; but I am familiar with what GOD says. He says a fetus becomes a living being when it exits the womb and GOD breathes into its nostrils the Breath of Life.

Most “Christians” don’t believe what the Bible says, nor have they actually read it. Considering your lack of Scriptural references and your comments, that you haven’t read the Bible either.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you support abortion when the mother will die if an abortion is not performed?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm guessing here that you really don't support the eating of babies.

While it's true that God killed and ordered the killing of people including babies it came as a direct order from God. And since God is just and God is righteous and Gods decisions are always based upon his perfect knowledge, perfect understanding perfect justice, perfect, righteousness, perfect holiness his decision to do so was also perfect.

Who can know the mind of God? Which actually means who among us humans has the same abilities of God? I don't, do you? Do you know all things? Do you understand all things? As God is perfect and you and I are not we do not have the same understanding as God.

This is a serious problem of man. And was so from the beginning when the deceiver in the garden told Eve that eating the fruit would make her like God and she ate it. We always want to be God. How do I know this? Because we are always doing what you just did. By putting ourselves above God to judge him for his actions. If God doesn't act or behave how we would then we have a right to judge him. Oh? I tell you what, when you can create something out of nothing then we can talk about whether you really have an understanding of God. When you can know the future in every detail of every person and every nation then we can talk. When you have existed before time began and have all knowledge and all understanding we can talk.

Until then your and my ways will never be perfect and your and my way will never be able to grasp or understand God and his ways. We are less than a worm in our knowledge and understanding. We understand Gods ways less than a worm understands ours.

We have no real ability to judge God for his ways because we are not anything like him. So all this angst over what God did is totally irrelevant because we have NO WAY of understanding all the reasons why. And since we don't we have no right to judge him for it.

We do have a right though to judge each other's actions, because we are human and have a humans understanding. God has given us that right. And in the case of this thread, yes we can judge that abortion is wrong because it causes the death of a human being at our hands who has done no wrong to us or society to deserve death. And we have no way of knowing what they will do either.
Yes! We can judge abortion to be wrong if we follow Satan’s word instead of God’s Word. Where in the Bible is there a Law that declares “Thou shalt not have an abortion??

God’s Law actually approves of abortion and in some circumstances demands it!! Familiar with that Law?? It’s in the Bible.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That being said, I believe the abortion crowd has been very good at trying to convince people that a baby is not a baby.
Yep, after all, Planned Parenthood donates MILLIONS of $$$ to the Dem Party!
They use science and scientific words to describe things like zygote and fetus etc. along with other arguments that are "scientific" in nature.
We have certainly seen that here!
I believe these arguments can convince some Christians that abortion is okay, particularly up until a certain week. I don't think there are any real believers that think abortion is ok anytime including up until birth. But there are many that would support abortion up until week 10 or under. And they would use scientific arguments for it. I think they are wrong, but I would not label them as non-Christian.
The BIG problem is that "Christians" who support abortion avoid the Bible like plague.

Reactions: Patrick1966