Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not actually, for you do not seem to know too much, but just look for things that seem to make a case, when they really do not, and present no documented facts to substantiate their "web blog" claims.

They are not Seventh-day Adventist, and neither is that website, from their own written statement, "I say "at heart" because we are no longer members of the organized Church."

Ex-SDA propaganda site, posted by a bigoted ignorant (without knowledge) member of Catholicism (no surprise there).
If you're talking about "Amazing Facts", which uis the link you provided - it is an SDA organization.
"Amazing Facts is a non-profit Seventh-day Adventist evangelistic ministry based in Granite Bay, California ..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Facts

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Life begins at CONCEEPTION..

I already gave you Scriptural PROOF for this (Jer. 1:5).
Jer. 1:5
BEFORE I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you, BEFORE you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

A fertilized egg is NIOT yet "formed" - and yet God recognizes them as a person.

I ALSO showed you that, per Jer. 1:5 - you incorrectly used James 2:26 to make your point.

No, instead of steering the conversation elsewhere - answer the question I asked of YOU in my last post:
Show me where the Scriptures say that “a fetus ONLY becomes a LIVING BEING when God Breathes into it’s nostrils the BREATH OF LIFE”
Chapter and Verse
, please . . .
Your Jeremiah reference has nothing to do with when Jeremiah became a living being. The only thing being addressed there is God's foreknowledge, as He has for all of us even before the beginning of the world:

"According as he has chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will" Eph 1:4

Adam was not born until he was fully formed, and "God breathed into his nostrils the BREATH OF LIFE!
As with all of us, the substance being formed inside a womb is just a temporary earthly tent made of clay. Our SOUL and SPIRIT, the essence of who we are, is instilled by God, and when our earthly tent returns to dust, our Spirit returns to God who gave it. Ecc 12

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet Adam and Eve did not have a belly button. They were not "born of woman" so to speak and of course, they would never have even been a "fetus". A "fetus" is sustained through the oxygen in his/her mothers red blood cells, therefore DOES have the breath of life in her/him.

Humans reproduce we don't re-create.

Trying to prove or dis- prove abortion in the bible is like saying "rape is fine cause "just Lot" was ready to give his daughters over to strange men. Or of course, slavery would be okay cause the word does not say it is wrong either...I sure hope you don't agree with either of those! I don't think you do.

Also, this thread is going sideways as it seems to have turned into a denomination slamming contest. And, we know that is not allowed on this site.

God bless and keep.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Jeremiah reference has nothing to do with when Jeremiah became a living being. The only thing being addressed there is God's foreknowledge, as He has for all of us even before the beginning of the world:

"According as he has chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will" Eph 1:4

Adam was not born until he was fully formed, and "God breathed into his nostrils the BREATH OF LIFE!
As with all of us, the substance being formed inside a womb is just a temporary earthly tent made of clay. Our SOUL and SPIRIT, the essence of who we are, is instilled by God, and when our earthly tent returns to dust, our Spirit returns to God who gave it. Ecc 12
Did your wife ever have a baby? Did it kick and gouge her in many places? It's a living person who can't speak for itself. So I try to speak for them. DON'T KILL THEM!

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not actually, for you do not seem to know too much, but just look for things that seem to make a case, when they really do not, and present no documented facts to substantiate their "web blog" claims.

They are not Seventh-day Adventist, and neither is that website, from their own written statement, "I say "at heart" because we are no longer members of the organized Church."

Ex-SDA propaganda site, posted by a bigoted ignorant (without knowledge) member of Catholicism (no surprise there).
Which hurt the most? Getting your teeth kicked in by a Protestant pastor, that you falsely claim was a Catholic?
Or having your stupid hateful posts deleted?
Now you accuse the International Journal for Pastors as bigoted and ignorant. :goodj:
Here's another one that exposes SDA hypocrisy:

Reactions: Jack

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I bet Adam and Eve did not have a belly button. They were not "born of woman" so to speak and of course, they would never have even been a "fetus". A "fetus" is sustained through the oxygen in his/her mothers red blood cells, therefore DOES have the breath of life in her/him.

Humans reproduce we don't re-create.

Trying to prove or dis- prove abortion in the bible is like saying "rape is fine cause "just Lot" was ready to give his daughters over to strange men. Or of course, slavery would be okay cause the word does not say it is wrong either...I sure hope you don't agree with either of those! I don't think you do.

Also, this thread is going sideways as it seems to have turned into a denomination slamming contest. And, we know that is not allowed on this site.

God bless and keep.
Nancy, it's ALWAYS SDA attacking Catholics first, with lies and falsehoods. We have the same right as you to defend ourselves. Many thanks to the moderator who deleted Adventageous' vile and misleading posts.

Reactions: Nancy

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

As with all of us, the substance being formed inside a womb is just a temporary earthly tent made of clay. Our SOUL and SPIRIT, the essence of who we are, is instilled by God, and when our earthly tent returns to dust, our Spirit returns to God who gave it. Ecc

naapc.org › when-does-a-human-being-begin › why-life-bWhy a Human Being Begins At Conception - NAAPC

Scientists Attest To Life Beginning At Conception By Randy Alcorn Some of the world’s most prominent scientists and physicians testified to a U.S. Senate committee that human life begins at conception: A United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee invited experts to testify on the question of when life begins.
  1. www.liveaction.org › news › life-begins-at-conceptioScience is clear: Life begins at fertilization | Human Life ...

Jan 13, 2013 · Physicians, biologists, and other scientists agree that conception marks the beginning of the life of a human being – a being that is alive and is a member of the human race...

2. Life Begins at Conception: All the Science Citations

Stan B is at self-destructing odds with the worlds prominent medical scientists. His views parallels Margaret Sanger.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

naapc.org › when-does-a-human-being-begin › why-life-bWhy a Human Being Begins At Conception - NAAPC

Scientists Attest To Life Beginning At Conception By Randy Alcorn Some of the world’s most prominent scientists and physicians testified to a U.S. Senate committee that human life begins at conception: A United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee invited experts to testify on the question of when life begins.
  1. www.liveaction.org › news › life-begins-at-conceptioScience is clear: Life begins at fertilization | Human Life ...

Jan 13, 2013 · Physicians, biologists, and other scientists agree that conception marks the beginning of the life of a human being – a being that is alive and is a member of the human race...

2. Life Begins at Conception: All the Science Citations

Stan B arrogantly thinks he knows more that the worlds prominent medical scientists.
PTL!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Adam wasn‘t created in the same way the REST of us are.

Adam wasn’t conceived with a sperm and an egg. He was made from the dust of the ground (Gen. 2:7). YOU were made when your mommy and daddy came together and co-mingled their DNA.
Didn’t anybody ever teach you this??

Our Soul and Spirit are alive in us in the Womb.
John the Baptist “leapt for joy” in his mother’s WOMB (Luke 1:44).

This verse ALONE renders your argument null and void . . .

Reactions: Nancy

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Helpful texts:

Stillborn, which is technically an "abortion", or "miscarriage":

Job 3:11 Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly?​
Job 3:16 Or as an hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants which never saw light.​

Abortion or Miscarriage, accidental:

Exo 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.​
Exo 21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,​

Spiritual Abortion/Miscarriage:

Isa_26:18 We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.​
Luk_8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.​
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,​
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,​
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.​
Heb 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:​
Heb 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.​

Healing through death, removal of sin.

Jesus Christ, the child of the Father, died (bearing the sin of the world) to save the life of the woman. Jesus is also the great Physician.​

Death of pregnant women in Executive Justice:

Gen_6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.​
Gen_6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.​
Gen_7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.​
Gen_9:15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.​
Gen_18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?​
Gen_19:13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.​
Gen_19:14 And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.​
Gen_38:24 And it came to pass about three months after, that it was told Judah, saying, Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt.​
Exo 12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.​
Num_24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.​
Deu_3:6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.​
Jos_10:28 And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho.​
Jos_10:30 And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.​
Jos_10:32 And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah.​
Jos_10:35 And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day, according to all that he had done to Lachish.​
Jos_10:37 And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein.​
Jos_10:39 And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining: as he had done to Hebron, so he did to Debir, and to the king thereof; as he had done also to Libnah, and to her king.​
Jos_11:11 And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire.​
Jos_11:20 For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses.​
Jdg_21:10 And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.​
Jdg_21:11 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man.​
1Sa_15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.​
1Sa_15:18 And the LORD sent thee on a journey, and said, Go and utterly destroy the sinners the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.​
Jer 44:7 Therefore now thus saith the LORD, the God of hosts, the God of Israel; Wherefore commit ye this great evil against your souls, to cut off from you man and woman, child and suckling, out of Judah, to leave you none to remain;​
Eze_9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.​
Hos_13:16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.​
Jud_1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.​
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.​
Rev_16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.​

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death of pregnant women by murder:

1Sa_22:19 And Nob, the city of the priests, smote he with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and sucklings, and oxen, and asses, and sheep, with the edge of the sword.​
2Ki 8:12 And Hazael said, Why weepeth my lord? And he answered, Because I know the evil that thou wilt do unto the children of Israel: their strong holds wilt thou set on fire, and their young men wilt thou slay with the sword, and wilt dash their children, and rip up their women with child.​
2Ki_15:16 Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein, and the coasts thereof from Tirzah: because they opened not to him, therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.​
Est_4:7 And Mordecai told him of all that had happened unto him, and of the sum of the money that Haman had promised to pay to the king's treasuries for the Jews, to destroy them.​
Est_9:24 Because Haman the son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, the enemy of all the Jews, had devised against the Jews to destroy them, and had cast Pur, that is, the lot, to consume them, and to destroy them;​
Amo_1:13 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of the children of Ammon, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have ripped up the women with child of Gilead, that they might enlarge their border:​
Rev_17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.​
Rev_18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.​

Incest children:

Gen 19:30 And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.​
Gen 19:31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:​
Gen 19:32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.​
Gen 19:33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.​
Gen 19:34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.​
Gen 19:35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.​
Gen 19:36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.​
Gen 19:37 And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.​
Gen 19:38 And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.​

Women dying in Child birth:

Gen 35:16 And they journeyed from Bethel; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.​
Gen 35:17 And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also.​
Gen 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.​
Gen 35:19 And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.​
1Sa 4:19 And his daughter in law, Phinehas' wife, was with child, near to be delivered: and when she heard the tidings that the ark of God was taken, and that her father in law and her husband were dead, she bowed herself and travailed; for her pains came upon her.​
1Sa 4:20 And about the time of her death the women that stood by her said unto her, Fear not; for thou hast born a son. But she answered not, neither did she regard it.​
1Sa 4:21 And she named the child Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel: because the ark of God was taken, and because of her father in law and her husband.​

Pregnancy:

Ecc_11:5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.​
Isa_26:17 Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O LORD.​
Jer_31:8 Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither.​
Mat_1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.​
Mat_1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.​
Mat_24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!​
Mar_13:17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!​
Luk_2:5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.​
Luk_21:23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.​
1Th_5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.​
Rev_12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.​
Rev_12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.​

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fetuses are living things and therefore in God's protective hand, so what right does anybody have to kill them?..;)
"God.. in whose hand is the soul of every living thing" (Job 12:10 KJV)
Weeds are living things in my garden! So I should destroy them, or nurture them??

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fetuses are living things and therefore in God's protective hand, so what right does anybody have to kill them?..;)
"God.. in whose hand is the soul of every living thing" (Job 12:10 KJV)
Weeds are living things in my garden! So I should destroy them, or nurture them??

What's wrong with weeds?
Weed Lives Matter..:)
PS- an atheist in another forum says he poisons moles in his garden, there's the atheist's disrespect for life for you, and for good measure here's another one-

rel-Dawks-downs.jpg

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What's wrong with weeds?
Weed Lives Matter..:)
PS- an atheist in another forum says he poisons moles in his garden, there's the atheist's disrespect for life for you, and for good measure here's another one-

View attachment 29105