About Pharisees.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There are also Christian’s who still did things by law; even after Christ who were saved by the heart.

Well, for people that just want to generalize I guess details don't matter.
I hope you dont generalize too often different groups of people, it's always good to see the goodness of God in all of his creation.
I hope I get to discuss with you again, you seem very smart and bright, it was a pleasure, God bless you on your spirtual journey. I have learnt a lot from you, thank you.
Even when some Pharisees adapted to Christianity they wanted righteousness to be the result of observing Judaistic laws and customs, notably circumcision.

The Roman occupation of Judea led to divisions among the Jewish people. Some advocated insurrection while others lobbied for cooperation in order to maintain control, which the Pharisees in particular were known for.

The state of affairs in Judea, especially Jerusalem leading to its siege and fall at the hands of Titus and the Roman army in 70AD, was fraught with factions vying for dominance, and all sorts of murders and mayhem made life very dangerous.

May 2, 2023
Gush dan
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Even when some Pharisees adapted to Christianity they wanted righteousness to be the result of observing Judaistic laws and customs, notably circumcision.

The Roman occupation of Judea led to divisions among the Jewish people. Some advocated insurrection while others lobbied for cooperation in order to maintain control, which the Pharisees in particular were known for.

The state of affairs in Judea, especially Jerusalem leading to its siege and fall at the hands of Titus and the Roman army in 70AD, was fraught with factions vying for dominance, and all sorts of murders and mayhem made life very dangerous.
Very true. There was a lot of killing between all jews, not only persecution of the followers of chirst.
It was a time full of hate, in fact the sages of the pharisees today say that the second temple fell because of too much unnecessary hate between the Jews.
I hope this realization will allow them to realize that their hate towards jesus today is unjustified

Reactions: Stumpmaster

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay.