About possession

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible makes it clear that the devil tries to destroy possessed people:

Mark 9:22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”

Judas Iscariot become possessed and betrayed Christ Jesus:

Luke 22:3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

The bible also spells out for a certain audience that those people could not be tempted more then they could bare:

1 Corinthians 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

So the thing I have learned is that possession changes the terms and the devil tries to force himself on people, self harm, harming others and any sin he tries to force on them.

Having schizophrenia myself I and not having God heal me of it. But instead God directed me to see doctors which put me on psych meds which allowed me to come out of the schizophrenia and have freedom to do as I please. Over the years I notice Satans influence on me and how God has delivered me thru psych meds. Whether schizophrenia is demonic or not is a subject of debate. I'm not leaning either way.

Now knowing God doesn't heal everyone, I know that there is much need for people that have schizophrenia to stay on their medication. We have all seen on the news about people that have mental health problem history committing horrifying crimes. I myself after spending 10 years in church and on psych meds thought I was healed and decided to come off the meds and I had a psychotic episode from hard life problems and hurt people and ended up in jail for a year. I know of other schizophrenics that attempted to harm themselves or others while not taking their meds.

Pushing exorcism or psych meds. Well if they are not exorcised then they should be directed onto their psych meds. And I truly feel sorry for the judgment of God against anyone directing a schizophrenic to attempt coming off their meds.

1 Corinthians10:12 says God will provide a way to escape temptations. And I submit to you that that is psych meds for schizophrenics.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cassandra

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should also like to say that the psych meds I take give me much more control over my life and choices and makes me more sane and believe less false things. It removes paranoia and voices and hallucinations and such. I still have break thru episodes and have been given meds for that too. On the meds I see more reality and truth than without it.

• Love

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should also like to say that the psych meds I take give me much more control over my life and choices and makes me more sane and believe less false things. It removes paranoia and voices and hallucinations and such. I still have break thru episodes and have been given meds for that too. On the meds I see more reality and truth than without it.

Please, remain on your meds. When your body starts to build an immunity to them, which can happen, please talk with your doctor. I have a feeling I am speaking to the choir here though.

I have seen what not being on meds can do to someone with schizophrenia and it isn't fun for anyone involved and is very dangerous as you have already pointed out.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, remain on your meds. When your body starts to build an immunity to them, which can happen, please talk with your doctor. I have a feeling I am speaking to the choir here though.

I have seen what not being on meds can do to someone with schizophrenia and it isn't fun for anyone involved and is very dangerous as you have already pointed out.
Yes and as our bodies age, people with schizophrenia get worse.

• Sad

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible makes it clear that the devil tries to destroy possessed people:

Mark 9:22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”

Judas Iscariot become possessed and betrayed Christ Jesus:

Luke 22:3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

The bible also spells out for a certain audience that those people could not be tempted more then they could bare:

1 Corinthians 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

So the thing I have learned is that possession changes the terms and the devil tries to force himself on people, self harm, harming others and any sin he tries to force on them.

Having schizophrenia myself I and not having God heal me of it. But instead God directed me to see doctors which put me on psych meds which allowed me to come out of the schizophrenia and have freedom to do as I please. Over the years I notice Satans influence on me and how God has delivered me thru psych meds. Whether schizophrenia is demonic or not is a subject of debate. I'm not leaning either way.

Now knowing God doesn't heal everyone, I know that there is much need for people that have schizophrenia to stay on their medication. We have all seen on the news about people that have mental health problem history committing horrifying crimes. I myself after spending 10 years in church and on psych meds thought I was healed and decided to come off the meds and I had a psychotic episode from hard life problems and hurt people and ended up in jail for a year. I know of other schizophrenics that attempted to harm themselves or others while not taking their meds.

Pushing exorcism or psych meds. Well if they are not exorcised then they should be directed onto their psych meds. And I truly feel sorry for the judgment of God against anyone directing a schizophrenic to attempt coming off their meds.

1 Corinthians10:12 says God will provide a way to escape temptations. And I submit to you that that is psych meds for schizophrenics.
I agree with you and applaud you! God still heals, but it is according to His will and purposes and not because we order Him to.

I am a board certified Christian counselor after graduating from an intensive two year program of Christian counseling. I know that many mental and emotional diseases are of spiritual roots. I also know that many of the same problems are pshysiological and not spiritual.

Reactions: dev553344