Disability Hearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just had my disability hearing. I think it went OK. Please pray for a good outcome. I have not been able to work for a very long time. When my schizophrenia first started I worked and attended church. Did that being schizophrenic for about 11 years. Paid my 10% tithe to the church during that time. Before I was schizophrenic I worked for 10 years from the time I was no longer a child.

I had a bad surgery that got infected and was put on pain meds for about 2.5 years. My schizophrenia got worse and I started losing jobs. Pretty soon I could not longer work or even attempt to work.

Anyways I developed break thru spells that break thru my meds like I'm not even taking them. It has made it impossible for me to hold a Job.

Thanks for any prayers.

Last edited:

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just had my disability hearing. I think it went OK. Please pray for a good outcome. I have not been able to work for a very long time. When my schizophrenia first started I worked and attended church. Did that being schizophrenic for about 11 years. Paid my 10% tithe to the church during that time.

I had a bad surgery that got infected and was put on pain meds for about 2.5 years. My schizophrenia got worse and I started losing jobs. Pretty soon I could not longer work or even attempt to work.

Anyways I developed break thru spells that break thru my meds like I'm not even taking them. It has made it impossible for me to hold a Job.

Thanks for any prayers.

I’m currently on SSI for schizophrenia. I’ve been on the dole for like ten years now, but fortunately God says he will get me free soon. I’ll get to return to a productive life when things are made right.

Based on what I know, the social security administration will always approve of monthly SSI checks and Medicaid to those diagnosed with schizophrenia. It’s helpful to have your psychiatrist’s information so he can vouch for you if needed; but given the severity of schizophrenia, it’s pretty much a given that you will get approved. Will pray for you still.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks @Saint of Light and @Cassandra. My lawyer thinks it went well, but we thought that last time and I was denied. But my problems weren't as severe as they are now. I have a letter from my doctor saying I can no longer work. That was submitted to the courts,

Reactions: Debp and marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m currently on SSI for schizophrenia. I’ve been on the dole for like ten years now, but fortunately God says he will get me free soon. I’ll get to return to a productive life when things are made right.

Based on what I know, the social security administration will always approve of monthly SSI checks and Medicaid to those diagnosed with schizophrenia. It’s helpful to have your psychiatrist’s information so he can vouch for you if needed; but given the severity of schizophrenia, it’s pretty much a given that you will get approved. Will pray for you still.
Marvel not what occurs when the digital system comes into place . many will be lableled as undesireables
and those who refuse to conform , well no buy no sell . ITS about to get real .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just had my disability hearing. I think it went OK. Please pray for a good outcome. I have not been able to work for a very long time. When my schizophrenia first started I worked and attended church. Did that being schizophrenic for about 11 years. Paid my 10% tithe to the church during that time. Before I was schizophrenic I worked for 10 years from the time I was no longer a child.

Thanks for any prayers.
Praying for your, brother in Christ.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks @Saint of Light and @Cassandra. My lawyer thinks it went well, but we thought that last time and I was denied. But my problems weren't as severe as they are now. I have a letter from my doctor saying I can no longer work. That was submitted to the courts,

Dev, I think you will be approved especially since your doctor says you can't work.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev, I think you will be approved especially since your doctor says you can't work.
Got another month before I find out. The Lawyer said 6 weeks. I will report when I find out. I am thankful for everyone's prayers.

Reactions: amadeus and Debp

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our God is able in every situation.
I think its time we examine this my dear friend . I notice you said IN EVERY SITUATION that GOD IS ABLE .
YOU BE SPOT ON RIGHT .
GOD IS ABLE no matter what our situations are . I could be in the most dire of circumstances .
Unable to recieve any help from doctors , even on the run , even having lost all
AND YET HAVING GOD , HIS CHRIST , OH YEAH GOD IS ABLE . HE will be with me no matter what my circumstance is .
This does not mean he will change my circumstances , what it means IS simply this
HE IS WITH ME THROUGH IT ALL . He would have provided my meat IF EVEN i was unable to work
or function in society . Sometimes folks get things mixed up to think rather
OH GOD WILL TURN the situation the way I THINK it should be turned . NO , HE KNOWS FAR better what I NEED
than what i might THINK i need . AND HE WILL BE WITH US no matter what and through it all .
THAT IS PEACE . KNOWING that even in the worst of circumstances no matter what the outcome is
GOD IS WITH THE LAMBS . I KNOW , KNOW that GOD knows what is best for me . Our flesh might think
this or that might be best for us , BUT GOD IS THE ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT IT IS WE TRULY NEED and WHAT WILL
always work BEST FOR US . AND that our faith and our HOPE MUST BE IN HE ALONE .
I have the most greatest peace even remembering this and typing it . GOD IS OUR HOPE , HE BE OUR SALVATION
AND CHRIST JESUS IS THE SALVATION of the lambs .
Visualize the beauty of that . HE whose mind is STAYED UPON THE LORD , has great peace .
The peace that truly does SURPASS all knowlege . FOR that heart TRUSTETH IN GOD and IN HIS CHRIST
and HE ALONE WE KNOW is all we truly every will NEED and DO NEED . TRUSTING IN GOD
IN HIS CHRIST , TRULY IS THE ONLY TRUE TRUST and HOPE there ever was or is . Yeah bask in the beauty of that my friend .
This man cannot trust in me , in man or in anything seen . Things come , things go
BUT THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER as DO HIS WORDS . HE is where our TRUST SHOULD BE
HE is where our hope should be , our faith should be . AND THANK GOD for that reminder
cause as i said I cannot find hope , trust in me or in any man . BUT IN GOD WE SURE CAN .

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think its time we examine this my dear friend . I notice you said IN EVERY SITUATION that GOD IS ABLE .
YOU BE SPOT ON RIGHT .
GOD IS ABLE no matter what our situations are . I could be in the most dire of circumstances .
Unable to recieve any help from doctors , even on the run , even having lost all
AND YET HAVING GOD , HIS CHRIST , OH YEAH GOD IS ABLE . HE will be with me no matter what my circumstance is .
This does not mean he will change my circumstances , what it means IS simply this
HE IS WITH ME THROUGH IT ALL . He would have provided my meat IF EVEN i was unable to work
or function in society . Sometimes folks get things mixed up to think rather
OH GOD WILL TURN the situation the way I THINK it should be turned . NO , HE KNOWS FAR better what I NEED
than what i might THINK i need . AND HE WILL BE WITH US no matter what and through it all .
THAT IS PEACE . KNOWING that even in the worst of circumstances no matter what the outcome is
GOD IS WITH THE LAMBS . I KNOW , KNOW that GOD knows what is best for me . Our flesh might think
this or that might be best for us , BUT GOD IS THE ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT IT IS WE TRULY NEED and WHAT WILL
always work BEST FOR US . AND that our faith and our HOPE MUST BE IN HE ALONE .
I have the most greatest peace even remembering this and typing it . GOD IS OUR HOPE , HE BE OUR SALVATION
AND CHRIST JESUS IS THE SALVATION of the lambs .
Visualize the beauty of that . HE whose mind is STAYED UPON THE LORD , has great peace .
The peace that truly does SURPASS all knowlege . FOR that heart TRUSTETH IN GOD and IN HIS CHRIST
and HE ALONE WE KNOW is all we truly every will NEED and DO NEED . TRUSTING IN GOD
IN HIS CHRIST , TRULY IS THE ONLY TRUE TRUST and HOPE there ever was or is . Yeah bask in the beauty of that my friend .
This man cannot trust in me , in man or in anything seen . Things come , things go
BUT THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER as DO HIS WORDS . HE is where our TRUST SHOULD BE
HE is where our hope should be , our faith should be . AND THANK GOD for that reminder
cause as i said I cannot find hope , trust in me or in any man . BUT IN GOD WE SURE CAN .

Great post! Maybe you should do a topic about this subject? Re-post the above.

11Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:11-13

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had my hearing after the appeal and things went well I think. We had them adjust the onset date as it seemed like the factor that could have got me denied the times before. Hoping for a good outcome. Thanks for all your prayers! Should know soon on the decision.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1704232374030.png

Interestingly . . . it seems I replied before your post was posted . . . check the times . . .

o_O

• Wow
Reactions: TLHKAJ