about Praying in Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly you discount and disrespect what Jesus said.

Jesus said "these signs shall follow them that believe . . . they shall speak with new tongues" which is reference to those that are actual believers, as in real believers, as in true believers.

Point being, many have been deceived in to rejecting what Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18 which is a tactical move by the devil that greatly benefits the kingdom of darkness.

The devil also deceived most Christians in to not believing Christians would cast out devils too which is another tactical move by satan that benefits his kingdom. The devil is able to easily do this because most "christians" don't accept all the Lord says in His Word.

It's unfortunate for them that they treat God's Word like a lunch buffet line... they reject meat and remain on Chuck Wagon milk
I don't agree with the way you interpret scripture, that's the bottom line; so you can quote scripture at me all day long but it will never bring us any closer to agreement.

Reactions: Ritajanice

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you believe Jesus is actually telling people to pick up snakes and handle them, and then you refuse to do so, you are then admitting that you are openly rejecting the Word of the Lord and are refusing to obey Him then???
All I did was quote the passage from the OT regarding lifting up the serpent on a pole. And ask if that was why it was listed in the signs …pick up your cross and follow Me?

I never said I think God says we are to handle snakes. Come on. What’s with all the condemnation? What is they speak with a new tongue? A new language?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said I think God says we are to handle snakes.

You claim this is what Jesus is telling us to do which is false doctrine as this is tempting the Lord.

What is the speak with new tongues?

Since you don't already know, I'm not telling you. Scripture has already been posted if you want to review.

You either accept what the Lord says or you don't.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with the way you interpret scripture, that's the bottom line; so you can quote scripture at me all day long but it will never bring us any closer to agreement.

Yeah, not too many accept the whole counsel of God since they have their own agenda related to the indoctrination they've already received that did not come from the Holy Ghost.

Us being in agreement is not any concern of mine. I'm called to agree with the Lord not the darkened wisdom of men.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said "these signs shall follow them that believe . . . they shall speak with new tongues" which is reference to those that are actual believers, as in real believers, as in true believers.

Point being, many have been deceived in to rejecting what Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18 which is a tactical move by the devil that greatly benefits the kingdom of darkness.

The devil also deceived most Christians in to not believing Christians would cast out devils too which is another tactical move by satan that benefits his kingdom. The devil is able to easily do this because most "christians" don't accept all the Lord says in His Word.

It's unfortunate for them that they treat God's Word like a lunch buffet line... they reject meat and remain on cold milk

And speaking in a known language allows the devil to know all of your concerns so he can counter and attack you in your weakest areas.

It's like in WW2 when the US military was able to crack codes of the enemies communication so we can know all the moves they are planning so we could counter them and attack them in the most effective way to ensure their are defeated.
If the unknown language is a gift from God how would the devil or anyone else but God understand it? Does the devil understand and speak English?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said one of the signs that follow true believers is that "they shall speak with new tongues" (Mark 16:17-18)

The Lord said thru Paul that "he that speaks in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men, but unto God: for no man understands him" (1 Corinthians 14:2) which is clearly telling us that speaking in tongues privately unto the Lord is not a language known to mankind so it is not any language spoken by men here on earth. (speaking in tongues in a public setting where another interprets is what not all do)

So, my question for those that don't accept all the Word of the Lord says on the subject of tongues and instead claim that tongues is speaking in another language known to man as we saw on the Day of Pentecost....

What are you doing about what Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18 ? View attachment 45483

Are you busy learning another language? If not, then why not?

Jesus did in fact say real believers would speak in new tongues!
Tongues is a gift and not the result of a language course.

Also it is not wise to make a doctrine on a very questioned section of the gospel of Mark.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the unknown language is a gift from God how would the devil or anyone else but God understand it?

That's the whole point. Only the Lord understands it as He stated in His Word in 1 Corinthians 14:2

Romans 8:26 tells us the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us thru praying in the Spirit as mentioned in post #14

Romans 8:27
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The Holy Spirit praying the will of God thru us is very highly beneficial.

Does the devil understand and speak English?

Why would the devil not know english as well as all other languages known to mankind?

The devil has had thousands of years to observe mankind in his continued efforts to keep man deceived to prevent man from turning to the Lord.

There's nothing in scripture suggesting the devil is ignorant of languages known to man.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the whole point. Only the Lord understands it as He stated in His Word in 1 Corinthians 14:2

Romans 8:26 tells us the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us thru praying in the Spirit as mentioned in post #14

Romans 8:27
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The Holy Spirit praying the will of God thru us is very highly beneficial.
Yes, just between each of us and God and anyone else to whom God may reveal it.
Why would the devil not know english as well as all other languages known to mankind?

The devil has had thousands of years to observe mankind in his continued efforts to keep man deceived to prevent man from turning to the Lord.

There's nothing in scripture suggesting the devil is ignorant of languages known to man.
Yes, indeed, the devil has been talking to men and men have taken part in the conversations for a very long time. Who is able to control his own tongue?

Jas 3:8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
We need God for certain...

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongues is a gift and not the result of a language course.

Some claim speaking in tongues is nothing more than thew Spirit moving upon some to speak languages known to men for the purpose of evangelism as we saw in the Book of Acts

God's Word teaches there are diverse (different) tongues (1 Corinthians 12 and 14) which means this gift manifests itself in different ways. On the day of Pentecost we see just one of numerous ways tongues are manifested.

Since I continually hear people say tongues only manifest as we see on the 2nd chapter of Acts than if one takes Jesus seriously when He said believers would speak in new tongues, I thought it would be interesting to see what people are doing about what Jesus said

If one truly believes tongues is only manifest as speaking a language known to man, does this mean they are out learning a second language?

If not, then they don't really believe their own narrative on this topic

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is able to control his own tongue?

The Book of James talks about this.

Those filled with the Holy Spirit, being led by the Spirit absolutely CAN control their tongue

We can do all things thru Christ Who strengthens us as we see in Philippians 4:13

The Lord intends for His faithful to be Spirit filled and if we allow Him to, He will lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

Sadly in the end times (age of lawlessness) they Lord does not have very many faithful. sad.gif

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claim this is what Jesus is telling us to do which is false doctrine as this is tempting the Lord.

Since you don't already know, I'm not telling you. Scripture has already been posted if you want to review.

You either accept what the Lord says or you don't.
That’s best. It’s saves you and I both trouble if you don’t the waste time telling me something you say I should already know.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the unknown language is a gift from God how would the devil or anyone else but God understand it? Does the devil understand and speak English?
Just a thought. This is what I thought of reading your post “does the the devil understand English”. Im not sure what language he tempted Jesus in when he said for instance “turn these stones into bread”. I read it in english. But I was thinking how well the devil knows man’s language (Imo) going right to the heart of the matter in temptations …those lust that call and rage that comes on strong …to me the devil seems to know something about man’s language. If not the words —at least the cravings and desires of pride.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's unfortunate for them that they treat God's Word like a lunch buffet line... they reject meat and remain on cold milk

And speaking in a known language allows the devil to know all of your concerns so he can counter and attack you in your weakest areas.

It's like in WW2 when the US military was able to crack codes of the enemies communication so we can know all the moves they are planning so we could counter them and attack them in the most effective way to ensure their are defeated.
Doesn’t it also say that they will drink poison and take up snakes? Do you think all Christians should be trying that?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 16:18 - They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a thought. This is what I thought of reading your post “does the the devil understand English”. Im not sure what language he tempted Jesus in when he said for instance “turn these stones into bread”. I read it in english. But I was thinking how well the devil knows man’s language (Imo) going right to the heart of the matter in temptations …those lust that call and rage that comes on strong …to me the devil seems to know something about man’s language. If not the words —at least the cravings and desires of pride.
Does the devil speak the common language of any man? Does the devil use any man's tongue to tempt another person? Does the devil speak with God in a common language?

The devil certainly understands when a person is tempted or how a man may be tempted... The devil, if he ever does tempt a man, knows how to do it whether he speaks a language when he does or not.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the devil speak the common language of any man? Does the devil use any man's tongue to tempt another person? Does the devil speak with God in a common language?

The devil certainly understands when a person is tempted or how a man may be tempted... The devil, if he ever does tempt a man, knows how to do it whether he speaks a language when he does or not.
Hope you are well.

Reactions: amadeus

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s best. It’s saves you and I both trouble if you don’t the waste time telling me something you say I should already know.

Yes, I'm not interested in wasting time with those not interested in all the Lord wants His people to walk in.

Doesn’t it also say that they will drink poison and take up snakes? Do you think all Christians should be trying that?

Go back and read my posts

I'm not the one advocating that Jesus is telling us to play with snakes and drink poison or otherwise tempt God.

Mar 16:18 - They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Meaning real Christians will cause demons to be moved out of their way, if they take in any deadly thing it shall not hurt them (see Mark 4:13-20 speaking on things entering in that choke God's Word and cause Christians to become unfruitful), and the Lord moving thru believers to bring forth healing in others.

Does the devil speak with God in a common language?

In Hebrews 9 we see that Jesus cleansed the Heavens with His Blood so after that the devil is no longer able to go before God's throne as we see in the Book of Job which was before the Cross.

Now, the devil is doing his lies and accusations from afar

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Now, the devil is doing his lies and accusations from afar

Actually, Satan is "doing his lies" through His "ministers".

Like Calvin, or Joseph Smith....

""""""And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light....Therefore it is no great thing if ...HIS Ministers.. also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."""

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, satan is "doing his lies" through His "ministers".

""""""And no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light....Therefore it is no great thing if ...HIS Ministers.. also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."""

Like Calvin, or Joseph Smith.... and Martin Luther and the catholic church

None the less, he is still speaking and spreading lies.

These false ministers are his mouth piece, his representatives

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, Satan is "doing his lies" through His "ministers".

""""""And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light....Therefore it is no great thing if ...HIS Ministers.. also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."""
"and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them" False teachings and false ministers can be considered deadly things, and yet The Holy Spirit is ever present with those that are truly born from above. He will correct and bring The truth against the words of a false teacher within the believer. Usually it starts with "Not so" and then The Truth is brought into remembrance just as Jesus promised. So indeed, it will not hurt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.