about Praying in Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 16:18 - They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
"and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them" False teachings and false ministers can be considered deadly things, and yet The Holy Spirit is ever present with those that are truly born from above. He will correct and bring The truth against the words of a false teacher within the believer. Usually it starts with "Not so" and then The Truth is brought into remembrance just as Jesus promised. So indeed, it will not hurt us.

This is covered in Mark 4:13-20 where Jesus tells us the 5 things the devil uses to choke the Word out of one's life causing therm to become unfruitful.

These 5 things are:

persecution
affliction
cares of this world
deceitfulness of riches
and lusts of other things

Jesus said these things "ENTERING IN" would choke the Word from one's life

It's our responsibility to be led by the Holy Spirit and NOT allow these things to enter in which the Lord will empower us to do IF we are submitted to Him being led by the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: GTW27

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some claim speaking in tongues is nothing more than thew Spirit moving upon some to speak languages known to men for the purpose of evangelism as we saw in the Book of Acts

God's Word teaches there are diverse (different) tongues (1 Corinthians 12 and 14) which means this gift manifests itself in different ways. On the day of Pentecost we see just one of numerous ways tongues are manifested.

Since I continually hear people say tongues only manifest as we see on the 2nd chapter of Acts than if one takes Jesus seriously when He said believers would speak in new tongues, I thought it would be interesting to see what people are doing about what Jesus said

If one truly believes tongues is only manifest as speaking a language known to man, does this mean they are out learning a second language?

If not, then they don't really believe their own narrative on this topic
Leasrning a second language is not the gift of tongues, it is learning a second language like learning say physics.

Tongues is a gift and can be manifested in a known language or as Paul said an angelic tongue. In this day and age it is the most misunderstood and abused gift of the spirit.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Hebrews 9 we see that Jesus cleansed the Heavens with His Blood so after that the devil is no longer able to go before God's throne as we see in the Book of Job which was before the Cross.

Now, the devil is doing his lies and accusations from afar
That being your conclusion, I leave you to it.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learning a second language is not the gift of tongues

I know that, but for those that insist that tongues is speaking in a known language only... I was curious if they were trying to learn another language since Jesus specifically said real believers would speak in new tongues.

We know these people don't accept this gift at all so I thought it would be fun to see if these folks are learning another language since Jesus said real believers would speak in new tongues.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That being your conclusion, I leave you to it.

If the Blood of Jesus being taken to Heaven to be placed in the presence of the Father is not powerful enough to prevent the devil from getting in the Father's face spouting lies and deceptions - we have bigger problems.

The Blood of the Lamb cleansed and removed any ability the devil had to come before the Lord which he did under the authority God gave Adam that was given to the devil by Adam's open rebellion.

If this is not true, then that would be saying the Blood of the Lamb is not powerful enough to stop the devil which is saying Jesus was not actually victorious at the Cross of Calvary

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He will correct and bring The truth against the words of a false teacher within the believer. Usually it starts with "Not so" and then The Truth is brought into remembrance just as Jesus promised. So indeed, it will not hurt us.

Nonsense.

The only way out of a cult mentality that has been brought to bear on a Child of God, is if the Holy Spirt tears down the "mental stronghold", that is developed in the mind of the Calvinist, or the Mormon, or the Catholic, or the JW, and all the rest of the "ISM's".

How does God do that?
He sends them another Teacher, and gives that Teacher a chance to help them.

See, the Devil's "teacher" led them into the darkness, and a Child of the Light, tries to lead them out.

PAUL teaches about this situation....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leasrning a second language is not the gift of tongues, it is learning a second language like learning say physics.

Tongues is a gift and can be manifested in a known language or as Paul said an angelic tongue. In this day and age it is the most misunderstood and abused gift of the spirit.
When I was young, I sought to learn two languages studying them for years. This was before I had ever even heard about a gift of tongues. Then when I was older at the age 32 years, God gave me a gift of tongues. I did not study to learn that one at all, but to this day I speak it more fluently than the ones I learned in school.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Blood of Jesus being taken to Heaven to be placed in the presence of the Father is not powerful enough to prevent the devil from getting in the Father's face spouting lies and deceptions - we have bigger problems.

The Blood of the Lamb cleansed and removed any ability the devil had to come before the Lord which he did under the authority God gave Adam that was given to the devil by Adam's open rebellion.

If this is not true, then that would be saying the Blood of the Lamb is not powerful enough to stop the devil which is saying Jesus was not actually victorious at the Cross of Calvary
Hmmm!

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, I'm going with what God's Word teaches which is Jesus is victorious!

Colossians 2:15
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

I can't imagine anybody that knows the Lord not believing this and praising the Lord for this decisive and eternally permanent victory over evil.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that, but for those that insist that tongues is speaking in a known language only... I was curious if they were trying to learn another language since Jesus specifically said real believers would speak in new tongues.

We know these people don't accept this gift at all so I thought it would be fun to see if these folks are learning another language since Jesus said real believers would speak in new tongues.
Some will, some won't. God gives tongues like all the other gifts, severally as He wills. It is not for all.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.

The only way out of a cult mentality that has been brought to bear on a Child of God, is if the Holy Spirt tears down the "mental stronghold", that is developed in the mind of the Calvinist, or the Mormon, or the Catholic, or the JW, and all the rest of the "ISM's".

How does God do that?
He sends them another Teacher, and gives that Teacher a chance to help them.

See, the Devil's "teacher" led them into the darkness, and a Child of the Light, tries to lead them out.

PAUL teaches about this situation....
Read the words again Behold. You need to start repenting for the sin of attacking others. If you think you have no need to repent and are without sin you are none of His. I was talking about the born again not those stuck in cults. And yes if I was talking about those trapped in a cult. in due season The Lord may send one of His with The Word of God to lead them out.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife drove us to a little church for service this morning. We both enjoyed it but by the end she was in pain and I was very tired. Considering our age, we are good.
Age is a bear. I don’t know how you do it. My mother is still moving around. She just turned 93. She moans and groans usually with every step, but she can still walk. I’m exhausted at 55. I can’t imagine how tired she is. Or how tired you and your wife are. I just can’t imagine if I’m this tired …how my mother still gets up to face another day. But she does.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some will, some won't. God gives tongues like all the other gifts, severally as He wills. It is not for all.

Jesus said one of the signs that follow true believers is that "they shall speak with new tongues" (Mark 16:17-18)

It's too bad some reject what Jesus says as being untrue.

I’m exhausted at 55.

I'm older than that and feel great! I got plenty of energy and I'm not susceptible to the sickness / diseases of this world.

The Lord led me a few years ago to start learning how our diet effects the body and led me to quit putting trash in my body. I learned this thru believing for good health which is promises in God's Word.

Some apparently don't get this leading from the Lord, because concerning health:

They did not seek, therefore they did not find.
They did not knock therefore nothing was opened to them.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Age is a bear. I don’t know how you do it. My mother is still moving around. She just turned 93. She moans and groans usually with every step, but she can still walk. I’m exhausted at 55. I can’t imagine how tired she is. Or how tired you and your wife are. I just can’t imagine if I’m this tired …how my mother still gets up to face another day.
Just one day at the time is how we do it. Every morning is my special time with the Lord. I have at times been very tired in the morning and wanted to skip it, but I learned years ago never to surrender to that. My flesh is certainly weak, but God is stronger than my flesh. I have never regretted my resolve to give Him time. Only through Him has it been possible. Give God the glory!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In this day and age it is the most misunderstood and abused gift of the spirit.

The "gift" is not being abused.

Its the false teaching of the "gift of tongues" that is abused.

Where does that happen?

Its simply.... that there are denomination that do not understand that their "prayer language" that is "self edifying", is not the #9 Spiritual Gift, on Paul's List.

These certain denominations make no distinction between their "prayer language" and the actual "gift of a language" that is the "tongues" or "actual language".

We see this "tongues" "gift" explained in Acts 2, when "they heard Peter speak in THEIR language" that HE didnt speak, until he received the ability to speak that language, = "gift of tongues".

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said one of the signs that follow true believers is that "they shall speak with new tongues" (Mark 16:17-18)

It's too bad some reject what Jesus says as being untrue.

I'm older than that and feel great! I got plenty of energy and I'm not susceptible to the sickness / diseases of this world.

The Lord led me a few years ago to start learning how our diet effects the body and led me to quit putting trash in my body. I learned this thru believing for good health which is promises in God's Word.

Some apparently don't get this leading from the Lord, because concerning health:

They did not seek, therefore they did not find.
They did not knock therefore nothing was opened to them.
I gave you a like because I do believe you in the eating better foods. And not putting trash in the body.

Reactions: amadeus

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "gift" is not being abused.

Its the false teaching of the "gift of tongues" that is abused.

Where does that happen?

Its simply.... that there are denomination that do not understand that their "prayer language" that is "self edifying", is not the #9 Spiritual Gift, on Paul's List.

These certain denominations make no distinction between their "prayer language" and the actual "gift of a language" that is the "tongues" or "actual language".

We see this "tongues" "gift" explained in Acts 2, when "they heard Peter speak in THEIR language" that HE didnt speak, until he received the ability to speak that language, = "gift of tongues".
These two words are used a lot when I am speaking in tongues. "Kadosh" and" Baruch" I wrote them down a few years and searched for them to no avail. I found them used in a video in the Bible Study. People were using those words in praise and worship in Israel.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
These two words are used a lot when I am speaking in tongues. "Kadosh" and" Baruch" I wrote them down a few years and searched for them to no avail. I found them used in a video in the Bible Study. People were using those words in praise and worship in Israel.

You want to study?

Then study these for the update..

Acts 2:38... = Peter the Jew, is speaking to JEWS or their converts, and He is using the "gift of Tongues".

2 Corinthians 12:12

Why that gift?

"SIGN">..

= 1 Corinthians 1:22
= 1 Corinthians 14:22

Read all those and discover what is never taught correctly by these "religious groups" who dont study a bible, and only want to pretend.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to study?

Then study these for the update..

Acts 2:38... = Peter the Jew, is speaking to JEWS or their converts, and He is using the "gift of Tongues".

2 Corinthians 12:12

Why that gift?

"SIGN">..

= 1 Corinthians 1:22
= 1 Corinthians 14:22

Read all those and discover what is never taught correctly by these "religious groups" who dont study a bible, and only want to pretend.
I thought you might appreciate those two words Behold.

Status
Not open for further replies.