Abraham's war to rescue Lot

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JoshuaXiong

Oct 11, 2012
storyotb017p35lotfleesf.jpg

2085 BC -- Genesis 13 -- Abram and Lot Part Ways -- Abram Promised Many Descendants

5Lot, who had been traveling with Abram, also had his own sheep, cattle, and tents. 6There wasn't enough pastureland for both of them. They had so many possessions that they were unable to remain together.

12Abram lived in Canaan, while Lot lived among the cities of the plain, moving his tents as far as Sodom.

14After Lot left, the LORD said to Abram, "Look north, south, east, and west of where you are. 15I will give all the land you see to you and to your descendants for an indefinite period of time.

2084 BC -- Genesis 14 -- Abram Rescues Lot -- Rescues a Blessing from Melchizedek

12They also took Abram's nephew Lot and his possessions since he was living in Sodom.

14When Abram heard that his nephew had been captured, he armed his 318 trained men, born in his own household, and pursued the four kings all the way to Dan. 15He split up his men to attack them at night. He defeated them, pursuing them all the way to Hobah, which is north of Damascus. 16He brought back everything they had, including women and soldiers. He also brought back his relative Lot and his possessions. 17After Abram came back from defeating Chedorlaomer and his allies, the king of Sodom came out to meet him in the Shaveh Valley (that is, the King's Valley). 18Then King Melchizedek of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was a priest of God Most High.

20Blessed is God Most High, who has handed your enemies over to you." Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

68 AD --Hebrews 7 -- Jesus' Priesthood Like Melchizedek's

3No one knows anything about Melchizedek's father, mother, or ancestors. No one knows when he was born or when he died. Like the Son of God, Melchizedek continues to be a priest forever.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Joshua

Psalm 110:5
The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind.
"you are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek"

The King of Righteousness

Hebrews 7 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, [sup]2 [/sup]to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” [sup]3 [/sup]without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.
[sup]4 [/sup]Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. [sup]5 [/sup]And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; [sup]6 [/sup]but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. [sup]7 [/sup]Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. [sup]8 [/sup]Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. [sup]9 [/sup]Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, [sup]10 [/sup]for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

There is no genealogy here as well, He has no beginning or end. I hope your thirsty
Rev 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
John 1:[sup]14 [/sup]And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Something else for you to think about Joshua. Who do you think it was that visited Abraham? I'll give you a clue they weren't spirits they ate and drank with Abraham.

Genesis 18
1 Then the Lord appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre,[sup] [/sup]as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. [sup]2 [/sup]So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, [sup]3 [/sup]and said, “My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant. [sup]4 [/sup]Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree. [sup]5 [/sup]And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that you may pass by, inasmuch as you have come to your servant.”

My the LORD richly bless you Joshua

476px-abrahamgod_and_two_angels.png