Accolades for Angel Studios, The Chosen & Sound of Freedom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as not to compete with the bashing of Christian art in another thread, I thought I'd start this thread praising the wonderful Christian art coming from Angel Studios.

They have many projects underway but 2 are runaway hits, The Chosen and The Sound of Freedom. Both have my strongest recommendations. The Sound of Freedom is the best and most important non-fiction film ever made about what's going on in our life time; child sex trafficking. The film explains child sex trafficking is the fastest growing billion dollar business in the world. The US is the biggest market. The film tells the audience there are more people enslaved today than when slavery was legal. It is has been the biggest movie of the year.

The Chosen is the 1st multi season show about Jesus, specifically those Apostles chosen by him. I asked Bing's Chatbot AI why the show is so popular. This is the answer.
Hello, this is Bing. Thank you for your question. The show The Chosen by Angel Studios is a popular series that depicts the life and ministry of Jesus Christ and his disciples. According to some web sources, some of the reasons why it is so popular are:
It is the #1 crowdfunded media project in history, with over 300 million views to date. It has raised more than $47 million from its fans, who are also called “investors”. The show allows viewers to stream it for free from its own app or website, or watch it on other platforms such as Peacock and the CW123456

It is a well-made and entertaining show that appeals to both Christians and non-Christians. It has high production values, strong acting, and engaging storytelling. It also uses creative techniques such as long tracking shots, flashbacks, and multiple perspectives to enhance the drama
It is a show that humanizes its characters and explores their personalities, backgrounds, and relationships. It gives depth and dimension to Jesus and his disciples, as well as other biblical figures such as Mary Magdalene, Nicodemus, and Matthew. It also portrays the historical and cultural context of the first century Judea
It is a show that inspires its viewers and connects them with their faith. It presents the message and teachings of Jesus in a relevant and relatable way. It also encourages its viewers to share their feedback, questions, and testimonies with the show’s creators and community
These are some of the possible reasons why The Chosen by Angel Studios is so popular, but there may be other factors as well. The show is still ongoing, with four seasons planned out of seven. It may continue to grow its audience and influence as it progresses.

Reactions: Rita

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About a month back I went to the Cleveland Art Museum. It has the 5th largest endowment of any museum in the country. They have a Byzintine Christian section that is awe inspiring. Madonna with child is a common motif, with the stereotypical baby out of proportion in size, common among Byzantine error art work.

Beautiful ceramic pieces were once in a garden in a European church for centuries. Time and weathering has not diminished the inspiration or dazzling presentation, which includes the Shroud of Turin when it used to be hung outside for the common man to ponder and venerate.

There are lesser known but no less world class Byzintine Christian art depicting contemporary for the times Bishops with our Lord, Saints and angels adorning the background. It gives the viewer the impression that our daily lives are divinely guided. Humbled, I am that we today are also divinely inspired in our daily lives - even though I know I do not deserve it.

I encourage you to check it out and report here your observations.