According to Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This entire response oozes of an 'unfalsifiable proposition'

Unfalsifiability. (also known as: untestability) Description: Confidently asserting that a theory or hypothesis is true or false even though the theory or hypothesis cannot possibly be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of any physical experiment, usually without strong evidence or good reasons.

Just remember that millions of Muslims attest the exact same thing as you, and they 'just know' as much as you. So how might one actually settle such a dilemma?

I think in a nutshell (correct me if I am wrong Stranger) that Strangers post is saying that you will NEVER find God through carnal means, only spiritual and without true faith, nobody can please Him.

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think in a nutshell (correct me if I am wrong Stranger) that Strangers post is saying that you will NEVER find God through carnal means, only spiritual and without true faith, nobody can please Him.

I know what is being said... But here's the honesty of this proposition....

If we are all equipped with the same brains, by what mechanism is one supposed to use to verify that the message actually came from the specific claimed god the agent claims? Meaning, A Muslim will state they receive messages from Muhammad/Allah, a Christian will profess Yahweh/Jesus. If they both use their brain, which one is right?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, religion is a hell of a drug, isn't it?

Ah, nope. Ain't a drug around that could wake my spirit soar like Jesus. BTW-not a drop of "religion" in me. It's an all or nothing proposition with Jesus...Jesus needs no additives, doctrines or ism's. Really all very simple. Hold things very loosely in this life, then you won't put your faith in things that can fail. I choose to put my faith in Jesus because HE never changes, He is my Rock. In MY OWN EXPERIENCE, I could not for the life of me see Him work...until I totally surrendered my ALL to Him. Took me a long time to come to that conclusion and oh so glad I did.
Honestly pray, and watch Him work.

Reactions: Helen

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, nope. Ain't a drug around that could wake my spirit soar like Jesus. BTW-not a drop of "religion" in me. It's an all or nothing proposition with Jesus...Jesus needs no additives, doctrines or ism's. Really all very simple. Hold things very loosely in this life, then you won't put your faith in things that can fail. I choose to put my faith in Jesus because HE never changes, He is my Rock. In MY OWN EXPERIENCE, I could not for the life of me see Him work...until I totally surrendered my ALL to Him. Took me a long time to come to that conclusion and oh so glad I did.
Honestly pray, and watch Him work.

I did pray, for three decades. It honestly NEVER worked. I still have my missing limb, and I've also read clinical prayer studies, such as:

Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients: a multicenter randomized trial of uncertainty and certai... - PubMed - NCBI

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did pray, for three decades. It honestly NEVER worked. I still have my missing limb, and I've also read clinical prayer studies, such as:

Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients: a multicenter randomized trial of uncertainty and certai... - PubMed - NCBI

I cannot say that I believe in organic healing, at least nobody I have known has had that happen. I can certainly see this kind of healing in certain 3rd world countries perhaps...and I for one, believe that "by His stripes we are healed" was speaking spiritually. The whole world fell when we did. We cannot ever change Gods character, and I would not want to. His ways are just plain way too high for us.
I am sorry that you were not healed in that way. IMO, He def. has a plan for all of us. Just IMO!

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in other words...you are not, because you didn't answer his question that he put to you.

Therefore you must have only written " Christian" so that you could post on the "Christian only" board if ever you feel to.
I get it....

Wrong again ma'am. I answered, you just either did not read it, or did not understand.... Many differing sects of Christianity exist. Which flavor are you? Most likely, your view differs from mine. And yet, all from the same claimed 'objective' book. This is exactly why I guess, and hence, my initial post...

And actually, I had 'other faith' initially in my description. I changed it recently, since I grew up Christian and now question more. It does not require this label to comment/post here.

But thnx for your post...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Wrong again ma'am. I answered, you just either did not read it, or did not understand.... Many differing sects of Christianity exist. Which flavor are you? Most likely, your view differs from mine. And yet, all from the same claimed 'objective' book. This is exactly why I guess, and hence, my initial post...

And actually, I had 'other faith' initially in my description. I changed it recently, since I grew up Christian and now question more. It does not require this label to comment/post here.

But thnx for your post...

The website uses a very generous standard for what is a Christian. Someone who believes in Jesus Christ as their savior. We don't even reject Jehovah witnesses or Mormons.

You clearly do not fit the bill, and if your friend asked you would say you're not Christian.

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The website uses a very generous standard for what is a Christian. Someone who believes in Jesus Christ as their savior. We don't even reject Jehovah witnesses or Mormons.

You clearly do not fit the bill, and if your friend asked you would say you're not Christian.

You know what they say about opinions ;-)

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I also noticed you are quick to jump on this post, and the others are quick to 'like' it. However, where''s this quick and swift response for the actual meat and potatoes of observation? Meaning, proof of prayer?

TY

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However, where''s this quick and swift response for the actual meat and potatoes of observation? Meaning, proof of prayer?

What's the use of discussing this with a non believer, a non- christian?
When I look through your posts it looks like you made up your mind on this issue.
I think you are a troller and not seriously interested.
I also doubt that you have a missing leg.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This entire response oozes of an 'unfalsifiable proposition'

Unfalsifiability. (also known as: untestability) Description: Confidently asserting that a theory or hypothesis is true or false even though the theory or hypothesis cannot possibly be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of any physical experiment, usually without strong evidence or good reasons.

Just remember that millions of Muslims attest the exact same thing as you, and they 'just know' as much as you. So how might one actually settle such a dilemma?

As I said, you cannot use your world's logic or tests on the Christian faith. You don't have the tools to do so. Go ahead and stay in the physical realm and do your experiments. But when it comes to the things of God, don't try to apply your logic or experiments to that.

And, millions of muslims are wrong. No dilemma there. See, that was easy.

Stranger

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the use of discussing this with a non believer, a non- christian?
When I look through your posts it looks like you made up your mind on this issue.
I think you are a troller and not seriously interested.
I also doubt that you have a missing leg.

Wrong, wrong, wrong,

I had a toe removed over a decade ago at Kaiser Hospital in CA. Thought it was bone cancer. Took a month to receive results.

And yes, I am still searching. Though I do admit I do have severe doubt, after intense research over the past year, which was actually the first time in my life I am doing so. Prior to that, took all on faith and the assertion from others, whom I admired.

I am shocked as to all of the stuff I never even knew was in the Bible. I'm starting to feel duped :-/

Joining forum and speaking with pastors on a regular basis to discuss hard hitting topics, which raise severe doubt, and present much conflict.

But I do appreciate your incorrect assessment. May I assess you now?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome post Stranger. I especially liked the ending:

"Thus, you see, your method of knowing, of learning, of proving, does not work in the realm of God. You are not using the right tools....you do not have the right tools to use to access this knowledge.

And you have discarded the key that opens the door to this, which is faith. Faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and Saviour."

Appreciate also your encouraging words.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy
Status
Not open for further replies.