Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a great sign of possessing the Truth! Jesus said that His Followers would be “ Hated”....SIGN ME UP! Lol........

There is a good chance that if your Doctrine finds the Approval Of the majority of men ( even Christian Men) you are on the wrong track.....

I will never forget Billy Graham stating in an interview that it troubled him that he was so “ loved” by practically everybody in the World.......He knew His Bible....He suspected That something was wrong....If you got the proper Message, the World us going to hate you....Jesysxnever came to Earth with a “ PeaceBranch” to unite the World—- He came with a Sword! The TRUE Gospel Of “ Jesus did it ALL “ is hated by men —— it is “ Foolishness” to them.....

I was on City Data Forums for a while posting new threads and the Mods wanted to know what denomination I was.

When I told them they said, we have seen a few of your kind here before. You won't be here long.

They were right! The most ungodly, so-called Christian Forum I have ever encountered.

But I will have to say there are a few, very few Blood Bought believers who are sticking it out there.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the chosen have one thing in common.

Rom. 3:25

"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

No ceremony by can be added to this. The ceremony comes afterward and separate as a symbol and confession that you have accepted the Saviour.

Nothing but the Blood!
Unless you obey Acts 2:38, you cannot apply the passage.

It is an epistle to the Acts 2:38 adherers only, not the unbaptized mob.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We honor water baptism as it is a commandment of Christ.

But we honor it in it's true purpose.

Making it a requirement to be saved ain't gonna cut it with God!
God made it a requirement, not me...

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

...take that up with Him.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on City Data Forums for a while posting new threads and the Mods wanted to know what denomination I was.

When I told them they said, we have seen a few of your kind here before. You won't be here long.

They were right! The most ungodly, so-called Christian Forum I have ever encountered.

But I will have to say there are a few, very few Blood Bought believers who are sticking it out there.
Those forums are the definition of cults.

They censor folks they don't agree with, calling the folks they censor the cults.

I started a forum with NO censorship because of those experiences.

This is the best forum I have ever been on.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A mere question does not save anyone, Charlie.

Who teaches that anyway?

They(modernists) skipped baptism, then eventually skipped repentance,.... now they are backing up to.. "saved by a question"?

Next thing you know they will teach you are saved in your sleep.

Anybody out there wanna get Saved? Try THIS—- ASK!

Rom 10:13....” Anybody that *ASKS* to be Saved WILL BE SAVED”
Notice that it does NOT say, “ Anybody that Asks to be Saved has a “ chance” to be Saved if they get water baptized”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A mere question does not save anyone, Charlie.

Who teaches that anyway?

They(modernists) skipped baptism, then eventually skipped repentance,.... now they are backing up to.. "saved by a question"?

Next thing you know they will teach you are saved in your sleep.

With your boring, repetitive “ false and perverted Gospel “ that you blather on and on about, Nobody induces sleep better than “you” do.....
If “Sleeping” Saves , you will be receiving many Crowns in Heaven for all the souls you helped out.....

I just read your latest post! Zzzzzzzzzz.......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the works of the OT law as scriptural context teaches, correct.

By Spirit led works, salvation is obtained.

Yeah, but one obtained that “Spirit” you speak Of by Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Plus NOTHING....

Only two things Save....#1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus. #2 Trusting in #1

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It borders on willful ignorance of scripture.

And YOU would be the Undisputed *KING* of “ Willful Ignorance” as you are the Gospel Perverter That can’t read beyond Acts 2:38......
Let’s thank Goodness that he “ DID” make it past Leviticus .....he would have us sacrificing Bulls and goats...( maybe I should have kept silent about that last part— He’ll Start getting ideas....lol....) Farmers and Livestock Owners in the audience— please keep an eye on things!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
]You take the most flack when over the target

If this is True, you two Gospel Perverters would be the most “ Flack Free” people on Earth....You ain’t even “ Close” to any “Target”......
Try reading Galatians 1: 8 to find out the Fate of Anybody that preaches a different “ gospel” than the One that Paul Taught ....it doesn't turn out all that well for Gospel Perverters it seems....

You foolishly believe that water baptism is the “ end -all and be-all”of Scripture.... Pauls utmost purpose in his teachings was to get people Saved.....that being the case , he sure missed the boat by not quoting his friend, Peter and stressing that the ONLY way to get Saved was to get water baptized ....in fact , it was quite the opposite .....he said himself that the only thing that he preached was “ Christ Crucified” and that he was “ NOT SENT TO BAPTIZE!”

Sad isn’t it , Paul preached the Gospel only and it was a complete waste of time....He failed to even STESS baptism —- much less actually * DO* it! If Paul wanted to get people Saved ( and we KNOW That He did) why not “ preach” Baptism and “ perform” Baptisms and put His Gospel and “ Christ Crucified” on the back- burner, seeing how it is not NEARLY as vital as water baptism...
You guys that unbelievably have found a way to turn one verse of Scripture into a False God don't even make sense.....indeed , you are “ Poor Students Of The Word ......and as God has promised—— you will “ Stand Ashamed” ....You would ALREADY stand ashamed , but there is no shame in you...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You take the most flack when over the target

And you show the most IGNORANCE when you fail to “ Rightly Divide” Scripture....I will pray that you Blind Guides will someday actually FIND the so- called Target.....That Target is 1Cor15:1-4 —- Simply BELIEVE it to get and stay Saved.....you May choose later to get water baptized as a PublicTestinony as to what has happened in your Life—- you are a New Creation now with a New Heart ...

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rom 10:13....” Anybody that *ASKS* to be Saved WILL BE SAVED
Notice that it does NOT say, “ Anybody that Asks to be Saved has a “ chance” to be Saved if they get water baptized”

Like this...

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39[ For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
]You take the most flack when over the target

If this is True, you two Gospel Perverters would be the most “ Flack Free” people on Earth....You ain’t even “ Close” to any “Target”......
Try reading Galatians 1: 8 to find out the Fate of Anybody that preaches a different “ gospel” than the One that Paul Taught ....it doesn't turn out all that well for Gospel Perverters it seems....

Go back through the last ten pages and see the heavy flack Acts 2:38 has taken by yourself and others.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pauls utmost purpose in his teachings was to get people Saved.....that being the case , he sure missed the boat by not quoting his friend, Peter and stressing that the ONLY way to get Saved was to get water baptized ....in fact , it was quite the opposite .....he said himself that the only thing that he preached was “ Christ Crucified” and that he was “ NOT SENT TO BAPTIZE!” If Paul wanted to get people Saved ( and we KNOW That He did) why not “ preach” Baptism and “ perform” Baptisms and put His Gospel and “ Christ Crucified” on the back- burner, seeing how it is not NEARLY as vital as water baptism

Christ sent Paul not to baptize, although he had others to administer the ordinance. The same thing was true with Jesus...

John 4:1-2 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

That same Paul indeed teaches the importance of water baptism, he writes...

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[4] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved

Why don’t you include the rest of that Verse, you Deceiver ...

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Note the above baptism must be mixed with faith or is invalid(baptism without faith, not believing at all).
The verse is saying a nonbeliever can not be saved until he/she believes, and upon believing is then baptized "shall be saved"

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those forums are the definition of cults.

They censor folks they don't agree with, calling the folks they censor the cults.

I started a forum with NO censorship because of those experiences.

This is the best forum I have ever been on.

Truther, you're making it hard for me to dislike you.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rom 10:13....” Anybody that *ASKS* to be Saved WILL BE SAVED”
This man is telling you to be an Acts skipper.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With your boring, repetitive “ false and perverted Gospel “ that you blather on and on about, Nobody induces sleep better than “you” do.....
If “Sleeping” Saves , you will be receiving many Crowns in Heaven for all the souls you helped out.....

I just read your latest post! Zzzzzzzzzz.......
Actually, promoting Acts 2:38 to sinners is aligning myself to Peter and the 3000 at Pentecost.

I teach souls to join themselves to that exclusive group, not modern theologians that forbid Acts 2:38.

I love souls and Acts skippers don't.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, but one obtained that “Spirit” you speak Of by Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Plus NOTHING....

Only two things Save....#1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus. #2 Trusting in #1
Question: is Acts 2:38 Law or Grace?