Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laugh while you can , Fool......I just gave you the Gospel, and you Scorn it .....of course, once again the Bible is proven to be True — The Bible declares that “ The Gospel is *FOOLISHNESS* to those that Perish” .....of course, that is on the other side of Acts2:38 where you got stuck like a Stubborn Jack- Ass years ago so you are probably ignorant about the existence of that Verse.....May God have Mercy on you....
May God have mercy on me for obeying Acts 2:38 over 40 years ago so I can spend my life with my sins remitted?

He did!!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Acts skippers and I can work together to win souls if they just learn their roles in the salvation process.

They can just tell souls about the 4 gospels and stir their faith.

When asked “what shall we do “?, all the Acts skippers have to do is introduce them to Truther and let Truther show them Acts 2:38.

This way the Acts skippers don’t even have to go near Acts and can even white out the verse in their Bibles.

They can be happy and Truther can be happy.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Acts skippers and I can work together to win souls if they just learn their roles in the salvation process.

When asked “what shall we do “?, all the Acts skippers have to do is introduce them to Truther and let Truther show them Acts 2:38.

This way the Acts skippers don’t even have to go near Acts and can even white out the verse in their Bibles.

BORING!!!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose Acts 2:38 is boring to some.

It excites me to see someone baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

I never lost the passion in 43 years.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It excites me to see someone baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

You post the same thing over and over and over and over and over. It gets BORING!!!! Acts 2:38 is just one verse!

My advice: get out of your single verse rut.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You post the same thing over and over and over and over and over. It gets BORING!!!! Acts 2:38 is just one verse!

My advice: get out of your single verse rut.
The OP is about Acts 2:38...

If you are commanding me to get out of it, I command you to get in it.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like this...

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39[ For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The Philippians Jailer asked—— “ What must I do to be Saved?” ......the reply from Paul ? “ BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be Saved” If Water Baptism is the “ end all and be all” of Salvation, I wonder why Paul made * NO MENTION” of it.....I wonder how many “ incompletely Taught people” are in hell today because of Paul’s “ Faulty” Answer for this man....Foolish me—- i thought Paul had brains enough to give this sincere Seeker all the information That he needed to get Saved....I guess Paul got a kick out of holding back information that could determine a man’s Eternal Fate....How on Earth did he sleep at night ?

Reactions: Jim B

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truther, you're making it hard for me to dislike you.

I like Truther....he seems to be a smart and witty fellow.....it’s his “ doctrine” That I dislike.....

He is in dire-need Of Correction.....2Tim. 3:16......” All Scripture comes from God and it is to be used for REPROOF and CORRECTION......”
Prov 12:1.....” He who Hates “ Reproof” is Stupid”

Reactions: Jim B and Charlie24

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May God have mercy on me for obeying Acts 2:38 over 40 years ago so I can spend my life with my sins remitted?

He did!!!

You have been unknowingly living a life “ Severed from Christ” and you have “ Fallen From Grace “ By ADDing to Paul’s Gospel Of Faith in His Gospel Plus NOTHING in order to get Saved....You have never read Beyond Acts2:38 so this is probably all News to you....Read Galatians and discover your true status before God as you teach a False and Perverted “ Gospel” That makes you “ Accursed.....and you had better pray to God that “ falling from Grace” does not equate to being damned......because you * Are * Fallen From Grace......and I would wager that you don’t even know what it means ....Read Gal 5....

Also brush up on Gal1:8 ......it reveals the Fate of those that Teach a different Gospel than what Paul did.....His Gospel never even mentions Water Baptism and he even goes on to say that he “ Was NOT sent to Baptize” .....don’t you think that is strange? He wanted to get people Saved and he made a choice....go around baptizing people with Water or giving them the Gospel that lead to the only baptism that Counted fir Salvation—— Being *BAPTIZED* into *The Body Of Christ*..... if you don't have “THAT” Baptism , all the water at Niagara Falls ain't gonna do you any good!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would NEVER skip Acts ....it’s a great Transitional Book....you just have to Read it to the End to understand it.....I think that I will go through the Four Gospel Books and stop reading Matthew , Mark, etc at Chapters 2, verse 28 in each Book! I am sure that you would give me a hearty” AMEN!” On that, wouldn’t you, “Mr. ‘Paul and his Saving Gospel’ Skipper?”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They had their sins remitted the same second That they Simply Believed that Jesus died for their suns and rose from the Grave....Ever Hear about the Gospel in 1Cor15:1-4 that God will use to determine your Eternal Fate? You are correct in a kind of round- about way .....BAPTISM is EVERYTHING! There are seven types of “ Baptisms” In Scripture and most of them are Dry.....The only type of “ Baptism “ That will count when you stand before God is THIS one —— The “Baptism into the Body Of Christ”...... if you lack “That” Baptism you are Lost.....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nobody denies your “ Zeal”.....

Even the Unbelieving Jews had a “ Zeal” for God , but it was “ Not based on Knowledge” .....you need some Knowledge ....Why Do you take one verse Of Scripture that was Preached to a Jewish audience before the “ Mystery “ Of The Gospel Of Grace was Given to Paul by Jesus personally to be delivered to Jews And Gentiles alike and EXALT it over verses that supplant it? Obeying Acts2:38 was the Wise thing to do if you were in Peter’s audience that day....Its not our Doctrine for today....If Jesus wanted Peter’s Message Of “ Repent and Be Baptized” to continue to dominate, why did He give a Different Doctrine to Paul? That “Doctrine” is to Believe that Jesus Died for your Sins and rose from the Grave....

Jesus never said “ Follow Peter” —— Jesus said “ Follow Paul” ......let me know when that changes....meanwhile, our “ Doctrine” for this Dispensation Of Grace comes from the writings Of Paul.....Romans thru Philemon....and even Peter agreed.....he declared the Writings Of Paul as “ the Equal Of Anything else in Scripture”......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So has sacrificing Bulls and Goats.....When God Transitions from one method of Obtaining His Holy Spirit ( Repentance and water baptism , which was preached Truthfully by Peter in his time and place) , to another one ( Believing ONLY, which was later preached by Paul after Jesus TOLD HIM to preach it) .....when THAT happens , you go with the most Recent Plan.....Only to Paul were “ The Mysteries Of God” revealed.....”Mysteries” that even Jesus never discussed with His Disciples.....Go with the Guy with the most Truth who has the Latest “ Marching Orders” ——- PAUL

Reactions: Jim B and Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Truther....he seems to be a smart and witty fellow.....it’s his “ doctrine” That I dislike.....

He is in dire-need Of Correction.....2Tim. 3:16......” All Scripture comes from God and it is to be used for REPROOF and CORRECTION......”
Prov 12:1.....” He who Hates “ Reproof” is Stupid”

It's difficult not to like him. In fact you want to help him.

He reminds of what my grandpa used to say, you can take a mule to water but you can't make him drink.