Acts 2:38 is hidden from Christendom like Jesus is hidden from the blinded Jews

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Truther,

You said "What can be used to remit sins is the name of Jesus Christ being spoken during the immersion process".

Man cannot invoke or speak the name of Jesus Christ to forgive sins. Only Jesus Christ has that power. You have to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior; for salvation, then your sins will be forgiven forever.

Colossians 2:14 - NLT - He canceled the record of the charges (sins) against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.
Look....

Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained...

Man can use the name of Jesus Christ in water baptism to remit sins.

Jesus gives us the use of His name for such....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry you cannot discern nor understand my words. However, I am grateful to not be of the same spirit you display.
If you obey this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

You get this....

and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Truther,
Obviously you have your belief fixed in place. I was filled with the Holy Spirit first, then baptized after. That is why I know, because the Holy Spirit speaks the truth.

Jesus says:

Matthew 7:13-14 - “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Truther,
Obviously you have your belief fixed in place. I was filled with the Holy Spirit first, then baptized after. That is why I know, because the Holy Spirit speaks the truth.

Jesus says:

Matthew 7:13-14 - “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Hello and good morning. Were you baptized this way?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,...

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Truther,

Your said "Hello and good morning. Were you baptized this way?..."

I was baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you obey this....

You get this....

and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of Truth, yet you cannot discerning the truth of what I am saying. I remain invisible to you.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of Truth, yet you cannot discerning the truth of what I am saying. I remain invisible to you.
I have no clue of what you are saying. It is as if I was talking to an invisible man:eek:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said "What is the name of the Son?" The son is Jesus Christ .

It is Christ himself who said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Matthew 28:18-20 - And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said "What is the name of the Son?" The son is Jesus Christ .

It is Christ himself who said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Matthew 28:18-20 - And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Did Jesus say or insinuate that his name is "son" in the verse?

If you say the name of the son is "Jesus", then why didn't you have your baptizer say it?

Did your baptizer call Jesus, "son" instead of "Jesus"?

Why would he think the name of the son is "son", anyway?

Did Jesus say to baptize in the name of the son(Jesus), or did he say "parrot my words and just ignore my specific instruction"?

Why did Peter turn right around and baptize in the name of Jesus instead?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure.

The RCC skips Acts 2:38 for the titles.

The mainline denominations do the same.

The JW's also baptize in the titles.

The Mormons baptize in the titles.

The Baptists...

The independents....

They all fight Acts 2:38.

Even the seminary is risen up as a supreme goal to attempt to debunk Jesus name baptism.
The name Jesus was not spoken by the mouth of Ananias when he baptized Paul,
Acts 22:16 -Arise and be baptized calling on the name of the Lord.

If Acts 2:38 commands the baptizer to say -in the name of Jesus Christ, then you must say this phrase in all that you do! Otherwise you are not being consistent with your Pentecostal doctrine.

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Do you say out loud with your mouth, In the name of Jesus in all that you do?
You bind this phrase in water baptism to be a Biblical baptism that God accepts.
Now you know this phrase is taught in ALL THAT YOU DO. Are you going to be consistent or pick and choose when this phrase supposedly must be said with the mouth?

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a specific formula like -in the name of Jesus Christ must be spoken out loud in baptism for God to accept this baptism as Biblically correct. Then our salvation rests on another man(baptizer).

Truther, you need to give book, chapter, and verse that teaches the baptizer himself must meet some kind of qualifications like saying some phrase in order for the one being baptized to be scripturally baptized right in Gods eyes. There is zero scripture that the baptizer plays any part in another man's salvation, therefore it matters not who does the baptizing, obviously what he says. Use the scriptures and give me qualifications for the baptizer? You cannot! Any person cam baptize. Remember Paul?

1Corinthians 1:17
-For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel...

Paul taught baptism was essential to salvation but the person doing the baptizing was non-essential.
Even in Paul's baptism his baptizer i.e. Ananias, said only -Arise and be baptized calling on the name of the Lord. He did not say Jesus out loud with his mouth.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name Jesus was not spoken by the mouth of Ananias when he baptized Paul,
Acts 22:16 -Arise and be baptized calling on the name of the Lord.

If Acts 2:38 commands the baptizer to say -in the name of Jesus Christ, then you must say this phrase in all that you do! Otherwise you are not being consistent with your Pentecostal doctrine.

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Do you say out loud with your mouth, In the name of Jesus in all that you do?
You bind this phrase in water baptism to be a Biblical baptism that God accepts.
Now you know this phrase is taught in ALL THAT YOU DO. Are you going to be consistent or pick and choose when this phrase supposedly must be said with the mouth?
How do you call on the name of the Lord without verbally saying the name of the Lord?

Transcendental meditation?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you call on the name of the Lord without verbally saying the name of the Lord?

Transcendental meditation?
You know that calling on the name of the Lord IS what Ananias said. He never said Jesus....its your assumption he said Jesus.
Also you admitted, the phrase in Jesus name, must be said out loud with the mouth, then you are sinning because you don't obey your own penetcostal doctrine.

-And whatever you do in word or deed, DO ALL IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS, GIVING THANKS TO GOD THE FATHER THROUGH HIM.

Now I know you do not verbally say "in the name of Jesus" in everything you do. So, according to your doctrine, that this phrase must be spoken with the mouth, you have ignored this commandment.

btw, in baptism and in all that you do, Jesus' name is never commanded that it must be spoken with the mouth. Yet you insist it. Now give book, chapter and verse where it is commanded to be spoken verbally with the mouth?

If it is commanded we speak "in the name of Jesus", then we must also speak this phrase In ALL that we do! Otherwise you are not being consistent or obedient with your teaching Truther.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that calling on the name of the Lord IS what Ananias said. He never said Jesus....its your assumption he said Jesus.
Also you admitted, the phrase in Jesus name, must be said out loud with the mouth, then you are sinning because you don't obey your own penetcostal doctrine.

-And whatever you do in word or deed, DO ALL IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS, GIVING THANKS TO GOD THE FATHER THROUGH HIM.

Now I know you do not verbally say "in the name of Jesus" in everything you do. So, according to your doctrine, that this phrase must be spoken with the mouth, you have ignored this commandment.

btw, in baptism and in all that you do, Jesus' name is never commanded that it must be spoken with the mouth. Yet you insist it. Now give book, chapter and verse where it is commanded to be spoken verbally with the mouth?

If it is commanded we speak "in the name of Jesus", then we must also speak this phrase In ALL that we do! Otherwise you are not being consistent or obedient with your teaching Truther.
How do we call on the name of the Lord without verbally saying "Jesus"?

Please be specific.

Is it THINKING on the name or CALLING on the name?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we call on the name of the Lord without verbally saying "Jesus"?

Please be specific.

Is it THINKING on the name or CALLING on the name?
How does one call on the name of the Lord?
According to Truther it is by saying "in the name of Jesus".
Therefore you must say in the name of Jesus in all that you do, Colossians 3:17.

Here is how one calls on the name of the Lord Biblically.

Romans 10:13
-For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Here's the answer,
When one responds in obedience to Jesus' gospel by hearing, believing, confessing and being water baptized, then one has called on the name of the Lord just as Paul did,

Acts 22:16
-And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Peter preached to call on the name of the Lord in the first gospel sermon for the Jews to be converted to christians in Acts chapter 1 and 2.

Acts 2:21
-And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter preached calling on the Lords name to his jewish brethren.
But now you will learn that they needed more instruction from Peter in order to understand what calling on the name of the Lord means.

Acts 2:36
-Therefore let all the house of Isreal know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified both Lord and Christ.

Now notice they will ask Peter how to call on the name of the Lord,

Acts 2:37
-Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Now Peter is going to teach them how you call on the name of the Lord,

Acts 2:38
-Then Peter said to them, Repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Truther, it is the act of obedience to Jesus' gospel that is calling on the name of the Lord.
This phrase "calling on the Lord" means by Jesus' authority. We are submitting to Gods authority when we obey His gospel.

So, by Jesus' authority we submit to Him by being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Paul's baptism is calling on the Lord. Not confession.

Confession is included in our submission to Jesus' all authority.

Most folks confuse the two.

Romans 10:9-10
-that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jesus teaches what the confession with the mouth is,
Matthew 10:32-33
-Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him will I also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
-but whoever denies Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

We see the confession being made by the Ethiopian Eunch in his obedience to the gospel of Christ,

Acts 8:37,
-Then Philip said if you believe with all your heart you may.
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

So, calling on the name of the Lord is submitting to Jesus' all authority by obeying His gospel.

Believing in Jesus, Romans 10:17
Repenting of our sins against God, Acts 2:38
Confessing publicly with the mouth our faith in Jesus, Acts 8:37.
And finally submitting to being baptized to wash away our sins, Acts 2:38 ;
Acts 22:16; Acts 8:38,
-So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and he baptized him.

No verbal call of saying the name of Jesus by the baptizer is biblically calling on the name of the Lord.
It is the one being baptized into Christ that is calling on the name of the Lord.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does one call on the name of the Lord?
According to Truther it is by saying "in the name of Jesus".
Therefore you must say in the name of Jesus in all that you do, Colossians 3:17.

Here is how one calls on the name of the Lord Biblically.

Romans 10:13
-For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Here's the answer,
When one responds in obedience to Jesus' gospel by hearing, believing, confessing and being water baptized, then one has called on the name of the Lord just as Paul did,

Acts 22:16
-And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Peter preached to call on the name of the Lord in the first gospel sermon for the Jews to be converted to christians in Acts chapter 1 and 2.

Acts 2:21
-And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter preached calling on the Lords name to his jewish brethren.
But now you will learn that they needed more instruction from Peter in order to understand what calling on the name of the Lord means.

Acts 2:36
-Therefore let all the house of Isreal know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified both Lord and Christ.

Now notice they will ask Peter how to call on the name of the Lord,

Acts 2:37
-Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Now Peter is going to teach them how you call on the name of the Lord,

Acts 2:38
-Then Peter said to them, Repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Truther, it is the act of obedience to Jesus' gospel that is calling on the name of the Lord.
This phrase "calling on the Lord" means by Jesus' authority. We are submitting to Gods authority when we obey His gospel.

So, by Jesus' authority we submit to Him by being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Paul's baptism is calling on the Lord. Not confession.

Confession is included in our submission to Jesus' all authority.

Most folks confuse the two.

Romans 10:9-10
-that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jesus teaches what the confession with the mouth is,
Matthew 10:32-33
-Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him will I also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
-but whoever denies Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

We see the confession being made by the Ethiopian Eunch in his obedience to the gospel of Christ,

Acts 8:37,
-Then Philip said if you believe with all your heart you may.
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

So, calling on the name of the Lord is submitting to Jesus' all authority by obeying His gospel.

Believing in Jesus, Romans 10:17
Repenting of our sins against God, Acts 2:38
Confessing publicly with the mouth our faith in Jesus, Acts 8:37.
And finally submitting to being baptized to wash away our sins, Acts 2:38 ;
Acts 22:16; Acts 8:38,
-So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and he baptized him.

No verbal call of saying the name of Jesus by the baptizer is biblically calling on the name of the Lord.
It is the one being baptized into Christ that is calling on the name of the Lord.
Calling is verbal.

Do you call your loved ones without saying a word or something?

Maybe Annanias meant to text in the name of the Lord?