Christians and Jews are both anti Acts 2:38.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, remission is not equal to forgiveness.

God can forgive an act of sin, but to remit one's sins spans everything and makes one appear to God, free from even future sins.

One's sins -- all of them -- are forgiven because of Christ's sacrifice. All anyone has to do is believe that Jesus' sacrifice applies to them personally and they are saved.

Romans 10:8-9, "But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we preach), because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One's sins -- all of them -- are forgiven because of Christ's sacrifice. All anyone has to do is believe that Jesus' sacrifice applies to them personally and they are saved.

Romans 10:8-9, "But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we preach), because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
See?

You skipped Acts 2:38 again!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See?

You skipped Acts 2:38 again!

Acts 2:38 is -- ready? -- ONE VERSE! You are building a false doctrine on one verse only (actually, just part of one verse). I take the teachings of the Bible as a whole. I suggest that you do the same!

You're setting yourself up as some kind of authority, but it's your eyes only. Doctrinally, you are wrong!

I suggest that you read the Bible without the clear purpose of trying to sound like you're the authority on doctrine.

Reactions: mailmandan

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is -- ready? -- ONE VERSE! You are building a false doctrine on one verse only (actually, just part of one verse). I take the teachings of the Bible as a whole. I suggest that you do the same!

You're setting yourself up as some kind of authority, but it's your eyes only. Doctrinally, you are wrong!

I suggest that you read the Bible without the clear purpose of trying to sound like you're the authority on doctrine.
Acts 2:38 is not a false doctrine.

It is the lone plan of salvation.

You skipped Acts entirely and took sinners to Romans 10(saints mail), then told them the affirmation to the saints to remain saved is the new plan of salvation(by even posting the letter written to the saved saints that previously obeyed Acts 2:38).

Any Bible enthusiast knows that is wrong, whether they admit it or not.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is not a false doctrine.

It is the lone plan of salvation.

You skipped Acts entirely and took sinners to Romans 10(saints mail), then told them the affirmation to the saints to remain saved is the new plan of salvation(by even posting the letter written to the saved saints that previously obeyed Acts 2:38).

Any Bible enthusiast knows that is wrong, whether they admit it or not.

Your repetition is getting very tiresome! One out-of-context verse is "the lone plan of salvation"? I won't respond anymore to your obsession. You're clearly wrong, though you can't see it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your repetition is getting very tiresome! One out-of-context verse is "the lone plan of salvation"? I won't respond anymore to your obsession. You're clearly wrong, though you can't see it.
I think what you may be trying to say is Peter is irrelevant per Acts 2:38 in modern times, correct?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my sins on Oct 7, 1979 on a Sunday night by Pastor Joe ....

I literally felt my sins leave me and a lifting sensation occurred as I praised God in the water.

This born again experience is a "feeler".

You are leaving out the part about repentence for the remission of sins, water baptism without repentence would not save anyone, the irony is that leaving out repentence would mean that you are anti-acts, hypothetically.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are leaving out the part about repentence for the remission of sins, water baptism without repentence would not save anyone, the irony is that leaving out repentence would mean that you are anti-acts, hypothetically.
There is no such thing as "repentance for the remission of sins".

It say this...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

You cannot skip the middle.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
There is no such thing as "repentance for the remission of sins".

It say this...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

You cannot skip the middle.

I wasn't implying repentence for the remission of sins I was quoting that part of the verse.
That said, baptism is an outward expression of our faith not required for salvation that would not be compatible with the rest of scripture and would add works to salvation.

"For if you confess with your lips Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead" and
"Those who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved."
It takes faith, the thief on the cross was saved by believing Christ, Jesus didn't say, "well, you have to get down off of your cross and get baptized."

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't implying repentence for the remission of sins I was quoting that part of the verse.
That said, baptism is an outward expression of our faith not required for salvation that would not be compatible with the rest of scripture and would add works to salvation.

"For if you confess with your lips Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead" and
"Those who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved."
It takes faith, the thief on the cross was saved by believing Christ, Jesus didn't say, "well, you have to get down off of your cross and get baptized."
You quoted Acts 2:38 backwards and inside out.

I saw that.

Obey it....

38....and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.....

ASAP.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
You quoted Acts 2:38 backwards and inside out.

I saw that.

Obey it....

38....and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.....

ASAP.

I quoted nothing backwards, my quote was a partial quote, two very different things.
You haven't given an answer to the rest of the scriptures I provided.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted nothing backwards, my quote was a partial quote, two very different things.
You haven't given an answer to the rest of the scriptures I provided.
If you do a partial quote, don't leave out the middle without indicating it is left out so we can see you aren't joking.

Reactions: teamventure