Adam and Eve Never Rebounded

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@"ByGrace" Amen to that.....Besides what the Prodigal son did, that is what the Lord showed me to be true repentance ...Many think twice about facing God again, if they feel they mucked up too much, this must never be so..We must swallow our pride or whatever is holding us back and 'come back home ' and face Him..

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many think twice about facing God again, if they feel they mucked up too much, this must never be so..We must swallow our pride or whatever is holding us back and 'come back home ' and face Him..

That is so true...I have seen to many who believe they have messed up too badly to be able or eligible to return to the Lord. It is heart breaking.
Obviously I believe it is because of harsh incorrect teaching. It gets in their heads , so when they are in trouble they feel there is no place of return.
As has been taught in Heb 6:4-6

Stranger started a good thread and this was clearly shared on the thread, clearer and better than I had ever heard before.
Post #2 and then Strangers post is #10, see third paragraph. Two Great posts. It cleared up so much for me.
Explanation of the warning in Heb.6:1-8
Enjoy... :)

xx

Reactions: pia

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For me much too much focus is put on 'repenting' when salvation is all about Jesus..and what He did, not what we do. But the 'repent' side of things if often made more important...what He did saves us, not what we do or have done. But you already know that.

That's right, we'r just a bunch of sinners saved by grace.
Thank you lord for what you did at the cross.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, no Fall either, interesting, huh? Seems to be a manufactured perspective, can't quote it anywhere!
Here's a better search:

Isaiah 14:12
“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!

Isaiah 34:4
All the host of heaven shall be dissolved, And the heavens shall be rolled up like a scroll; All their host shall fall down As the leaf falls from the vine, And as fruit falling from a fig tree.

Matthew 24:29
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Luke 10:18
And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Revelation 9:1
Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For me much too much focus is put on 'repenting' when salvation is all about Jesus..and what He did, not what we do. But the 'repent' side of things if often made more important...what He did saves us, not what we do or have done. But you already know that.
well, if we follow what Christ did, yes. That is kind of occluded though in the Book, because Christ never had to confess, let alone rebound, right. So we have to learn forgiveness, whereas Christ is forgiveness, i guess. And i notice that rebound is less of a factor there than confession, too, in some ways.

Rebound just keeps you from reaping the consequences in the future, seems like, as there is def a way in which someone being sinned against is not surprised the second time, in essence the sin does not affect them the same way then. What we do is all that matters though, far as i'm concerned. The unrepentant are not helped by Jesus even a little imo, even though they are forgiven. Go tell an unrepentant one that they are forgiven today, and see what happens!

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rebound just keeps you from reaping the consequences in the future, seems like
I was talking this over with my mother last night. How does mercy fit reaping what you sow? IOW, you are not getting what you deserve if you've sown bad seeds (sinned) but receive mercy and not condemnation or death. Probably hard to understand what I'm trying to get at here and I should maybe start a thread on it elsewhere but you mentioned it and I'd like to hear how others reconcile "reaping what you sow" with mercy and forgiveness.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I was talking this over with my mother last night. How does mercy fit reaping what you sow? IOW, you are not getting what you deserve if you've sown bad seeds (sinned) but receive mercy and not condemnation or death. Probably hard to understand what I'm trying to get at here and I should maybe start a thread on it elsewhere but you mentioned it and I'd like to hear how others reconcile "reaping what you sow" with mercy and forgiveness.
ah, that is kind of what i'm trying to get at too, in this thread, so here is fine.

the connection is not clear i think because they are two different subjects, and we try to make one conditional on the other, when it is not. i was trying to bring this out with...someone else, like yesterday, @ "if your brother confesses and rebounds seven times in a day, forgive him." But the poster ran away, i guess.

The point being if your brother does not confess and repent, what is the formula then?
We might even remark upon how strange it is that this part is left out of the chapter there!

And i have a couple examples from here in the forum, but they would reveal the abhorrence of the unrepentant for any forgiveness being shown them, so we will have to go about it a diff way i guess, but the point is that the unrepentant are forgiven, but forgiveness is the last thing the unrepentant desire.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How does mercy fit reaping what you sow? IOW, you are not getting what you deserve if you've sown bad seeds (sinned) but receive mercy and not condemnation or death.
another reflection here is that one is forgiven, but must still reap what they sow, iow the consequences are not removed, as is demonstrated many times in the Book i guess

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok but here is where the rubber meets the road then....I lie (sin) against you and you take me to court where my guilt is proven. (judgement passed) If I reap what I've sown here then condemnation seems to follow logically as the next step. But you decide to apply mercy rather than condemnation to me and Love (charity) all the sudden covers my sin. Cancelling out "reaping what I've sown". How are the consequences not removed in this scenario?

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2:24
amen. Now if He bares our sins and heals us by His stripes, how is it that we are reaping what we have sown when we have sown bad seeds? I hope I'm saying this in a way that it's being understood. I had nasal surgery yesterday and still feeling the effects of the anesthesia. Sorry if I'm showing the signs in my posts and not being clear.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amen. Now if He bares our sins and heals us by His stripes, how is it that we are reaping what we have sown when we have sown bad seeds? I hope I'm saying this in a way that it's being understood. I had nasal surgery yesterday and still feeling the effects of the anesthesia. Sorry if I'm showing the signs in my posts and not being clear.
First thanks for the response, second, hope you a speedy recovery. third, easy, we reap bad when we don't confess our sins. it's call forgiveness. supportive scripture, 1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (READ THAT AGAIN) 9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us". confession is GOOD for the soul Like milk is GOOD for the body.

remember these two words. Relationship & Fellowship. the Relationship never change, but the Fellowship or the enjoyment of that Relationship can be interrupted by our sins. but this is where confession come in at under the NEW COVENANT 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". and the reason why many Christian suffer in reaping what they sow, is in A. ignorance of God Word. and B. hardness of heart. take it to God and leave it there. Obedience is better than sacrifice. amen.

and this is all possible because we have a Great High Priest who paid the price for our sins. and this Great High Priest is also our mediator/Advocate. scripture, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" ain't that GOOD news. and that advocate is within us, he dwells there. that's the reason why, if we do one another wrong, he will not put up with it. excuse my french, "He will WORRY the HELL out of you", until you get is right with you brother or sister. see, this SEED, Christ Jesus live in us. that's why we can't sin. because of the SEED of God in us. he want let us do wrong, and get away with it.

Remember these words, Relationship & Fellowship. and the Glove in hand with them, FORGIVENESS and CONFESSION.

sorry about the length of the post.

PCY

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok but here is where the rubber meets the road then....I lie (sin) against you and you take me to court where my guilt is proven. (judgement passed) If I reap what I've sown here then condemnation seems to follow logically as the next step. But you decide to apply mercy rather than condemnation to me and Love (charity) all the sudden covers my sin. Cancelling out "reaping what I've sown". How are the consequences not removed in this scenario?
to this i would say that two dispensations are being mixed, and that i cannot both "take you to court" and "apply mercy," as the opp to apply mercy is cancelled when i apply the law instead of grace, seems to me anyway

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree and even had a message typed out that said as much. So, throw out the court in this scenario and say I sinned against you and deserve condemnation here but you decide to give me mercy that I obviously didn't show you. How in this am I reaping what I sowed? How are the consequences still intact? And I'm sorry to repeat myself as I am obviously not either clearly projecting my thoughts or just unable to hear today. 101 did a fine job up there I'm sure and I'm still missing something here. I'll leave it to you experts and just shadow the conversation. Thanks to you both.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and the reason why many Christian suffer in reaping what they sow, is in A. ignorance of God Word. and B. hardness of heart. take it to God and leave it there. Obedience is better than sacrifice. amen.
amen! I will admit I'm still working on "leave it there" and also having the proper relationship. Or knowing what the proper relationship is. Thanks, good stuff.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So, throw out the court in this scenario and say I sinned against you and deserve condemnation here but you decide to give me mercy that I obviously didn't show you. How in this am I reaping what I sowed? How are the consequences still intact?
ah, well i guess that is part of the "mystery" lol, until we consider what this behavior is eventually going to reap for anyone who becomes known as that type of person, right. Iow this is why we say "fool me twice, shame on me."

Because i am not bound to even answer the phone the third time you call, i guess.
the real reaping comes later, iow, for them, while my attitude of forgiveness, now, regardless, allows me to reap later from that, and meanwhile heap burning coals on your head, every time we accidentally cross paths, perhaps, and you are all bent out of shape when i offer you a coke and a smile :)
not to mention what you have to go through to sleep at night now, and etc

Last edited:

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, but your mercy upon me has allowed that I can sleep at night. Your love (charity) covered my sin. I don't even think I have to reap the consequences should I take this opportunity to repent. So in a way your mercy upon me here caused me to not reap what I've sown. And if you've forgiven me and I can accept it, no coals here bro. I think we move on wholeheartedly or true forgiveness and rebounding hasn't taken place in a matter.

And imo we are all "that type person" to God. IOW we all fall short and probably often.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Good point! Our old Pastor back in our early days used to use the phrase "reaping what you sow". But if we reaped what we sowed none of us would stand.
The blessing of the Good News is...we do not reap what we have sowed.
Psalm 103 "He hath not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities."

It used to be in the OT " Do bad =get bad" But now praise God we have a Mediator.

I have just got home from work...and admit I have not read this last page of posts. I will scroll back and read now and catch up.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, someone understands what I'm saying. In a way I see how if we give mercy, we obtain mercy. Same with forgiveness and so on. In these I say we reap what we sow. But when we receive mercy or forgiveness for a transgression it isn't deserved so we are not reaping from what we sown there.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen