Adam and Eve Never Rebounded

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ never had to confess, let alone rebound, right. So we have to learn forgiveness, whereas Christ is forgiveness, i guess. And i notice that rebound is less of a factor there than confession, too, in some ways.

As you know I am not into the 'confession' thing.
I am into a heart that is moment by moment acknowledges God and yielded to Him as the Lord.
That too is my kind of repentance..ie " I am not, only He is."
Because of the training we had when first believers we used to lead a person to the Lord and ask them to repent and confess etc etc..because we were taught that this is how it is done...step one, step two, step three..."
But a decade later we did not do that...when kneeling with a seeker we
just showed the glory of The Light, and all that Jesus IS. They broke on their own, they cried on their own...they saw His Light and purity on their own...we did not have to "do the work of the Holy Spirit" for Him!! He is well able to speak to a seeker's heart!
We use too many rules ...I threw away the rule book decades ago.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Good, someone understands what I'm saying. In a way I see how if we give mercy, we obtain mercy. Same with forgiveness and so on. In these I say we reap what we sow. But when we receive mercy or forgiveness for a transgression it isn't deserved so we are not reaping from what we sown there.
well, might seem like that, but you have confessed to the transgression, if you "received" the forgiveness, or you have not confessed, and cannot accept the forgiveness, plus you are obligated to make amends, plus there might even be residual consequences that you might reap even if you are forgiven, like if you accidentally killed the chicken you might be forgiven easily enough, but you still don't get any eggs in the morning, like that. So imo these should be considered

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! That's good. I can see the consequences there, now, that can't be avoided.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
most ppl find it difficult or impossible to apologize, i guess

:rolleyes: No I am not talking about saying sorry to anyone when I am in the wrong..and I do often to the Lord obviously....and my husband or kids...
I am talking about the big deal when leading souls to the Lord and "some people" tell them to confess all their sins!! Heaven sakes...God knows all their sins, He can see the repentant heart.
Who on earth can remember all the things that they have done wrong...sometimes I've been tempted into thinking that it is the ones "leading them to the Lord" that want to 'hear' about the juicy sins people have committed.

Reactions: bbyrd009