• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is purportedly a " Christian" site so here I am gonna address issues that give me a 'roid......

1. Quoting scriptures.........
If you are a true believer then YOU are supposed to be a student of the word,
correct ?
Even in paraphrase a believer should be able to recognize scriptures. If ya just can't then one or two words applied to a concordance or any bible app will pull up the scriptures in reference or else you ain't studying nor knowing his word!

2 Opinions......
Everyone acts, says, or otherwise yaps from their own POV or perspective, right? We all have opinions and until my right to " free" speech is revoked, I'll give mine ! Nobody has to read what I post but the arguers and judgers of the " brethren"
are quick & first to come against in attack......NO LOVE OF CHRIST IN THEM. !

If any have an issue or issues that chaffs your posterior, feel free.............

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Mr E

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like the rude posts. There should be Christian discussions between members of faith. I don't see that much. So I'm not going to engage in discussions any more till I see decent responses.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like the rude posts. There should be Christian discussions between members of faith. I don't see that much. So I'm not going to engage in discussions any more till I see decent responses.

Lol.
You may NEVER be heard from again............if that is the case!
I'm sorry for this. Everybody has a right to be heard but none should have the right to bully into silence those with a voice.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.
You may NEVER be heard from again............if that is the case!
I'm sorry for this. Everybody has a right to be heard but none should have the right to bully into silence those with a voice.
I will fellowship other Christians here, but will not engage in debates as I usually get attacked which is not in character with Christianity. If I want a Christian discussion then I will get it from church.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will fellowship other Christians here, but will not engage in debates as I usually get attacked which is not in character with Christianity. If I want a Christian discussion then I will get it from church.
Ok, peace to you !

Reactions: dev553344

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is purportedly a " Christian" site so here I am gonna address issues that give me a 'roid......

1. Quoting scriptures.........
If you are a true believer then YOU are supposed to be a student of the word,
correct ?
Even in paraphrase a believer should be able to recognize scriptures. If ya just can't then one or two words applied to a concordance or any bible app will pull up the scriptures in reference or else you ain't studying nor knowing his word!

2 Opinions......
Everyone acts, says, or otherwise yaps from their own POV or perspective, right? We all have opinions and until my right to " free" speech is revoked, I'll give mine ! Nobody has to read what I post but the arguers and judgers of the " brethren"
are quick & first to come against in attack......NO LOVE OF CHRIST IN THEM. !

If any have an issue or issues that chaffs your posterior, feel free.............
I like what you have said here.

The issue and the frustration [here] is the result of this site (and others) being a mix of opinion or belief, and actual knowledge. What one "believes" or even "thinks they know", is not at all the same as actually "knowing." Yet here we are mixing the two as if light actually had communion with darkness.

To complicate things further, even what is true biblically for hundreds or thousands of years, is not necessarily so when the fulness of time brings about a different or greater meaning. For example, the matter of marriage literally being law regarding a man and a women, then revealed as a "mystery" rather regarding Christ and the church after thousands of years. It was actually a real life parable! And that is just one example...and most don't even acknowledge that it was a parable.

What we seem to forget--or flat out do not allow, is that God being the same, yesterday, today, and forever...is that as long as today is called "today", He is still sending out the truth by a few chosen individuals, revealing "all truth" "precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little." And no, having the Holy Spirit is not a blank check with unlimited funds for all, but rather God pouring out His spirit upon "all flesh", even upon the evil. Then comes the end.

Meanwhile, the Spirit of God being poured out upon all flesh--the good and the evil, has indeed increased knowledge, and caused many hearts to grow cold. Sadly, it gets harder and harder to show a little love. :(

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To complicate things further, even what is true biblically for hundreds or thousands of years, is not necessarily so when the fulness of time brings about a different or greater meaning. For example, the matter of marriage literally being law regarding a man and a women, then revealed as a "mystery" rather regarding Christ and the church after thousands of year. It was actually a real life parable! And that is just one example...and most don't even acknowledge that it was a parable.

Do you think so? Do you think that something that was true, becomes suddenly (or slowly with the fullness of time) -- NOT true?

Maybe that isn't what you meant, but that's what you implied. Truth is truth and it doesn't change with time.

What you said (bolded) above ^^^ is in conflict with what you say here next>>>

What we seem to forget--or flat out do not allow, is that God being the same, yesterday, today, and forever...is that as long as today is called "today", He is still sending out the truth by a few chosen individuals, revealing "all truth" "precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little." And no, having the Holy Spirit is not a blank check with unlimited funds for all, but rather God pouring out His spirit upon "all flesh", even upon the evil. Then comes the end.

It's not the truth that has changed, rather our understanding of it. What was true, remains true.... but what we previously understood only in part, is revealed in greater detail, with more clarity. Like we refer to those OT understandings as being shadows, with a better Light, we see things more clearly than we did before.

That's why the testimony of Jesus is called revelation.... an unveiling.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowledge puffs up but love edifies. (1 Corinthians 8:1)

In our desire to prove ourselves right, we forget that love is patient and kind and lose sight of edifying others. Especially since its online and we don't see each other's faces.

But love, when you see it, its so disarming. Proverbs says a gentle answer turns away wrath. This is hard to do at times. We all naturally want to defend ourselves. But Jesus asked his enemies to be forgiven even as he was being crucified.

Lord, help us to be more like Jesus and love even our enemies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think so? Do you think that something that was true, becomes suddenly (or slowly with the fullness of time) -- NOT true?

Maybe that isn't what you meant, but that's what you implied. Truth is truth and it doesn't change with time.

What you said (bolded) above ^^^ is in conflict with what you say here next>>>

It's not the truth that has changed, rather our understanding of it. What was true, remains true.... but what we previously understood only in part, is revealed in greater detail, with more clarity. Like we refer to those OT understandings as being shadows, with a better Light, we see things more clearly than we did before.

That's why the testimony of Jesus is called revelation.... an unveiling.
There are indeed some things--Jesus pointed a few out, saying, "But I say..."--that were told one way as truth and then changed. But for the most part, that was not so much my point, but rather that the revelation unfolds to often be something more or different, as in the case of marriage. The point being that before it is fully revealed, the whole truth is most likely (historically proven) not believed, and sometimes even against the law.

Anyway--you are right, truth is truth...and yet there still exists a problem of taking what was once considered true, as all there is to it, and often becomes the very thing that is used to argue against the greater truth. The problem then is that what God has only given in part, people take as the whole, against what is actually true of the overall. It is therefore the half-truths of men's beliefs that are not actually true. Many denomination exist within those selective slices of partial truth, repeating them in part causing them to become lies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowledge puffs up but love edifies. (1 Corinthians 8:1)

In our desire to prove ourselves right, we forget that love is patient and kind and lose sight of edifying others. Especially since its online and we don't see each other's faces.

But love, when you see it, its so disarming. Proverbs says a gentle answer turns away wrath. This is hard to do at times. We all naturally want to defend ourselves. But Jesus asked his enemies to be forgiven even as he was being crucified.

Lord, help us to be more like Jesus and love even our enemies.
Great views @Wynona! Yes for a long time I engaged, but I think I've come to a point where I need something better in my life. I like going to church and being in a loving fellowship. I miss that sometimes.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like minded:
Hmmm this means to me that we are to be in accord with the truth, and seek to be in fellowship with those who are  NOT contrary to the truth. This is the path and JESUS is the only WAY !FB_IMG_1673558244607.jpg

Reactions: dev553344

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are indeed some things--Jesus pointed a few out, saying, "But I say..."--that were told one way as truth and then changed. But for the most part, that was not so much my point, but rather that the revelation unfolds to often be something more or different, as in the case of marriage. The point being that before it is fully revealed, the whole truth is most likely (historically proven) not believed, and sometimes even against the law.

Anyway--you are right, truth is truth...and yet there still exists a problem of taking what was once considered true, as all there is to it, and often becomes the very thing that is used to argue against the greater truth. The problem then is that what God has only given in part, people take as the whole, against what is actually true of the overall. It is therefore the half-truths of men's beliefs that are not actually true. Many denomination exist within those selective slices of partial truth, repeating them in part causing them to become lies.

I agree, that they were understood one way, then later understood a better way, -but the underlying truth remained the same at all times. Jesus didn't change the truth about marriage. He explained that truth more fully. He pointed out that it was their understanding of the truth that was wrong. He's actually saying that even Moses, got it wrong. Then he tells them the truth which was from the beginning, until the error was introduced.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh go fly fly far away baby bird.
You're not even grown enough to wean off moma bird still feeding ya worms..

Reminds me of SpongeBob's filling system in his pourous head !
How are you not being caustic here? Doing the very thing you say you hate? A porous head? Is that a Christian comment?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are you not being caustic here? Doing the very thing you say you hate? A porous head? Is that a Christian comment?
Bbryd was NOT doing anything but attacking what I wrote. No discussion.

If the vessel is empty bc it's a leaky cistern then let's call the potter and submit to him !

All folks are NOT to be applauded bc they lack intelligence!

It's empty !

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I never said " I hate" either quote correctly or do NOT speak to my post!

I am NOT one of your goggly eyed fans.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bbryd was NOT doing anything but attacking what I wrote. No discussion.

If the vessel is empty bc it's a leaky cistern then let's call the potter and submit to him !

All folks are NOT to be applauded bc they lack intelligence!

It's empty !
Not an attack..an observation. Look at my threads if you want to see attacks. I lay out scriptures..and get personal attacks for it.

People say they want better dialogue...but are then unable to do so.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Furthermore, I love opinions, and I love the quoted word.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not an attack..an observation. Look at my threads if you want to see attacks. I lay out scriptures..and get personal attacks for it.

People say they want better dialogue...but are then unable to do so.
Oh poor you!
Attacks are one thing, correction another.
Some don't know the difference.
Some also won't receive correction!