(Adultery) C.I. Scofield And Dispensationalism's Foundations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not going to try because I am not full of violent opposition like you. I have better things to put my energy towards this is one of my first times even engaging on this topic but you have been relentless for years. Have fun harassing others.
Nothing violent has taken place anywhere in this thread, it's a Chat Forum for cryin' out loud. Exaggerator!

Personally, I don't believe you are, but you sound like an entitled young-generation person.

I'm simply passionate about God's Truth is all and if I can keep anybody from being convinced of False Doctrines, that will send many to hell, I will do all I can. That's exactly what it is, False Doctrine.

If you continue honestly to seek in God's Word for the Truth of the matter, that is what you will find. And you will be glad that you did.

If you choose to remain in league with those who taught you this Doctrine, or with those who agree with you about it, you will never see the Truth of the matter and will likely not be prepared for the difficulties ahead for all Christians in the Tribulation period.

God's Truth is not always comforting, but we know that whatever hardships we will face in this life will pale in comparison to what He will give us after. You must be willing to face the Truth of His Word no matter what shape it takes. Joyful and comforting or terrifying and foreboding.

I prefer Truth.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

C.I. Scofield is the modern father of Dispensationalsim, he was instrumental in the founding of (Dallas Theological Seminary) as (Lewis S. Chafer) was his student and disciple.

Dallas Theological Alumni:
Hal Lindsey, David Jeremiah, J. Vernon McGee, Chuck Swindoll, Tim La Haye, Thomas Ice, Charles Ryrie

The Scofield Reference Bible 1909, maintained (Dispensationalism's) teachings in the margins

The 1909 reference bible was the single greatest source and influence in spreading (Dispensationalism) throughout the world, with millions of copies sold, and on pulpits and under arms from 1909-1970 in the majority

C.I. Scofield was married to Leotine, and had two daughters, he abandoned them in Kansas without support and ended up pastoring a Church in Dallas Texas at 41 years old, there he met the Sunday School college girl (Hettie Van Wart) 24 years old, Scofield divorced his wife Leotine and married Hettie in 1884 (Adultery)

(Adultery) Scofield remained married to Hettie until his death in 1921,while his lawful wife Leotine lived, dying in 1936

C.I. Scofield produced the greatest influence in the world relating to (Dispensationalism) in his 1909 reference bible, while Hettie was the secretary and assistant on this work, that was produced by (Adulterers) C.I. Scofield & Hettie Van Wart (Corrupt Fruit)

Matthew 7:17-18KJV
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Though there have been many good and sincere Christian leaders who have adopted and taught Dispensationalism, I believe there are some definite errors in it. Though Scofield may have had God's forgiveness for his wrongs, sometimes the errors you make in life show up in the quality and content of your work. I agree at least in part.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is Darby's teachings were way out in left field, pre-trib rapture and dual covenant theology to mention a few

This isn't just hate-talk--you have to see someone's heart to see if they are hateful or just expressing strong opposition to something according to their conviction. But yes, even in Darby's day, there was strong accusation that Darby was unconventional in his theology and frankly, wrong. He was not following an historical line of thinking that had been in the Church for a long time, namely that Antichrist must *precede* the Return of Christ for the Church.

I don't know of any Pretrib Movement in the Church prior to John Darby. If so, I suppose you could say yes, he was out in "left field!" And quite frankly, it is my strong conviction that Darby's division of God's dealings with the Jews as separate from God's dealings with the Church is unscriptural.

Yes, in the coming age both Israel and Christian nations will be restored, in my theology. But in the present age, Jews and non-Jews are treated the exact same way.

Each nation has its own distinct boundaries and definition, as well as its own unique history. But the dealings of God in the present age has a single standard for all nations. Christ is judge over all nations the same way, impartially, with respect to *all* nations!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't just hate-talk--you have to see someone's heart to see if they are hateful or just expressing strong opposition to something according to their conviction.
Who in the world is claiming "Hate Talk" that's a false claim and narrative way out in left field, who are you talking about

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though there have been many good and sincere Christian leaders who have adopted and taught Dispensationalism, I believe there are some definite errors in it. Though Scofield may have had God's forgiveness for his wrongs, sometimes the errors you make in life show up in the quality and content of your work. I agree at least in part.
Scofield had forgiveness?

He remained married to a woman who wasn't his wife "Hettie Van Wart" to his death in 1921 (Adultery) while his wife Leotine lived, hes buried next to Hettie in Flushing cemetery in New York

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't just hate-talk--you have to see someone's heart to see if they are hateful or just expressing strong opposition to something according to their conviction. But yes, even in Darby's day, there was strong accusation that Darby was unconventional in his theology and frankly, wrong. He was not following an historical line of thinking that had been in the Church for a long time, namely that Antichrist must *precede* the Return of Christ for the Church.

I don't know of any Pretrib Movement in the Church prior to John Darby. If so, I suppose you could say yes, he was out in "left field!" And quite frankly, it is my strong conviction that Darby's division of God's dealings with the Jews as separate from God's dealings with the Church is unscriptural.

Yes, in the coming age both Israel and Christian nations will be restored, in my theology. But in the present age, Jews and non-Jews are treated the exact same way.

Each nation has its own distinct boundaries and definition, as well as its own unique history. But the dealings of God in the present age has a single standard for all nations. Christ is judge over all nations the same way, impartially, with respect to *all* nations!
Once again I strongly disagree with your claim that National Israel will be restored by God

God has no promise or concern for a restoration of a National Israel, he has (The Church) period

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not going to try because I am not full of violent opposition like you. I have better things to put my energy towards this is one of my first times even engaging on this topic but you have been relentless for years. Have fun harassing others.
No harassment as you claim, stop the personal attacks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have put my faith in God, who has shown me not to follow the teachings of C.I. Scofield in dispensationalism

Dispensationalism.....
Dispensationalism holds to a literal interpretation of the Bible.

The Bible is written words of knowledge.
Dispensationalism is reading the words as written in the Bible, as believing the words as they stand, mean what they say.

I have NO issue with Biblical written words “literally” meaning what they say.

I ALSO am fully aware, the UNDERSTANDING of Gods own APPROVED, WRITTEN Scriptural Words; IS an Understanding, God Himself gives.

IOW, I do not need to mull over, imagine, decipher and conclude Interpretation of WHAT is Written In Scripture....God Himself gives His Understanding of WHAT Scripture Spiritually MEANS....expressly According to God.

It is quite simple.
God IS HOLY.
Mankind IS CORRUPT.
God IS “UNSEEN” “UNHEARD”, by that which IS CORRUPT.
A bit of a DILEMMA...
HOW TO TEACH the CORRUPT, when the CORRUPT, Can NOT SEE or HEAR, that which IS Absolute Holiness?

God Himself resolves the “dilemma”.
God Himself TEACHES mankind, Knowledge ABOUT GOD, BY using THINGS men CAN SEE.

Men can NOT SEE “spirits”.
Yet men CAN SEE “stars”.
Can God give “spirits” a body that God Himself “Chooses”? Of course.
Can God give “spirits” a body, we call a “star”. Sure.

Can we LEARN, “how many”, “spirits God has created” that are WITH HIM?
SURE....Look up, See the “stars” WITH LIGHT.
Can we SEE....a “star” falling, it’s Light being extinguished? Sure.
What does that mean?
(Pick it up, put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day wish?)
No. It means that “star”, (that created holy “spirit”), has turned Against God, and its body of Light, IS overcome with Darkness, IS no longer a holy servant of God.

I do not need to “interpret” what plain language means. It is what it is.
The “understanding” of the plain language, is Gods gift to men, to whom He gives such “understanding”, According to God Himself.

While we are fully informed; Angels (created spirits), have MORE Knowledge AND more power than men....Angels also have FREEWILL, same as men.
Angels, LIKE men, LACK UNDERSTANDING of Gods KNOWLEDGE...Less God Himself GIVES (Angels/men), His Understanding.

That ^ IS Satan’s Dilemma. Satan has Knowledge and Power....BUT sorely LACKS having received Gods Understanding of Gods Knowledge.
THAT ^ shall lead to Satan’s Demise, of eternal Separation from God.

It’s a LESSON for mankind.
Having great Knowledge, Having great Power, without Having God given Understanding....as with Satan, the man is on a path to his own Demise....AND the “other angels”, jumping on board with “Satan”.....AND the “other men”, jumping on board with “men”....ARE individual “angels” and individual “men”.......
WHO ARE freely CHOOSING a MASTER over them, that IS NOT GOD.

OPEN EYES...it is occurring DAILY, BROADLY, WORLD WIDE.

Reactions: teamventure

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispensationalism.....
Dispensationalism holds to a literal interpretation of the Bible.

The Bible is written words of knowledge.
Dispensationalism is reading the words as written in the Bible, as believing the words as they stand, mean what they say.

I have NO issue with Biblical written words “literally” meaning what they say.

I ALSO am fully aware, the UNDERSTANDING of Gods own APPROVED, WRITTEN Scriptural Words; IS an Understanding, God Himself gives.

IOW, I do not need to mull over, imagine, decipher and conclude Interpretation of WHAT is Written In Scripture....God Himself gives His Understanding of WHAT Scripture Spiritually MEANS....expressly According to God.

It is quite simple.
God IS HOLY.
Mankind IS CORRUPT.
God IS “UNSEEN” “UNHEARD”, by that which IS CORRUPT.
A bit of a DILEMMA...
HOW TO TEACH the CORRUPT, when the CORRUPT, Can NOT SEE or HEAR, that which IS Absolute Holiness?

God Himself resolves the “dilemma”.
God Himself TEACHES mankind, Knowledge ABOUT GOD, BY using THINGS men CAN SEE.

Men can NOT SEE “spirits”.
Yet men CAN SEE “stars”.
Can God give “spirits” a body that God Himself “Chooses”? Of course.
Can God give “spirits” a body, we call a “star”. Sure.

Can we LEARN, “how many”, “spirits God has created” that are WITH HIM?
SURE....Look up, See the “stars” WITH LIGHT.
Can we SEE....a “star” falling, it’s Light being extinguished? Sure.
What does that mean?
(Pick it up, put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day wish?)
No. It means that “star”, (that created holy “spirit”), has turned Against God, and its body of Light, IS overcome with Darkness, IS no longer a holy servant of God.

I do not need to “interpret” what plain language means. It is what it is.
The “understanding” of the plain language, is Gods gift to men, to whom He gives such “understanding”, According to God Himself.

While we are fully informed; Angels (created spirits), have MORE Knowledge AND more power than men....Angels also have FREEWILL, same as men.
Angels, LIKE men, LACK UNDERSTANDING of Gods KNOWLEDGE...Less God Himself GIVES (Angels/men), His Understanding.

That ^ IS Satan’s Dilemma. Satan has Knowledge and Power....BUT sorely LACKS having received Gods Understanding of Gods Knowledge.
THAT ^ shall lead to Satan’s Demise, of eternal Separation from God.

It’s a LESSON for mankind.
Having great Knowledge, Having great Power, without Having God given Understanding....as with Satan, the man is on a path to his own Demise....AND the “other angels”, jumping on board with “Satan”.....AND the “other men”, jumping on board with “men”....ARE individual “angels” and individual “men”.......
WHO ARE freely CHOOSING a MASTER over them, that IS NOT GOD.

OPEN EYES...it is occurring DAILY, BROADLY, WORLD WIDE.
Dispensationalism teaches a pre-trib rapture of the church to heaven, a doctrine not found in scripture

Pretty hard to interpret something as literal, when it's not found in the Holy Bible

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

C.I. Scofield is the modern father of Dispensationalsim, he was instrumental in the founding of (Dallas Theological Seminary) as (Lewis S. Chafer) was his student and disciple.

Dallas Theological Alumni:
Hal Lindsey, David Jeremiah, J. Vernon McGee, Chuck Swindoll, Tim La Haye, Thomas Ice, Charles Ryrie

The Scofield Reference Bible 1909, maintained (Dispensationalism's) teachings in the margins

The 1909 reference bible was the single greatest source and influence in spreading (Dispensationalism) throughout the world, with millions of copies sold, and on pulpits and under arms from 1909-1970 in the majority

C.I. Scofield was married to Leotine, and had two daughters, he abandoned them in Kansas without support and ended up pastoring a Church in Dallas Texas at 41 years old, there he met the Sunday School college girl (Hettie Van Wart) 24 years old, Scofield divorced his wife Leotine and married Hettie in 1884 (Adultery)

(Adultery) Scofield remained married to Hettie until his death in 1921,while his lawful wife Leotine lived, dying in 1936

C.I. Scofield produced the greatest influence in the world relating to (Dispensationalism) in his 1909 reference bible, while Hettie was the secretary and assistant on this work, that was produced by (Adulterers) C.I. Scofield & Hettie Van Wart (Corrupt Fruit)

Matthew 7:17-18KJV
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Scofield....call the greatest influencer IS a misnomer.
The Knowledge in Scripture was INSPIRED and APPROVED By God.
Hearing the Knowledge, has always been according to an individual mans own freewill.
Believing the Knowledge, has always been influenced by the gift of Faith from God, TO a man who Hears the Word of God.
Continuing to Hear, Continuing to receive Gods increase gift of faith, has always been according to a mans own freewill.

Scofield’s....leaving his wife, abandoning, whatever you want to call it....IS Secular and HAS nothing whatsoever to do with a man Abandoning God, which is Spiritual.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scofield....call the greatest influencer IS a misnomer.
The Knowledge in Scripture was INSPIRED and APPROVED By God.
Hearing the Knowledge, has always been according to an individual mans own freewill.
Believing the Knowledge, has always been influenced by the gift of Faith from God, TO a man who Hears the Word of God.
Continuing to Hear, Continuing to receive Gods increase gift of faith, has always been according to a mans own freewill.

Scofield’s....leaving his wife, abandoning, whatever you want to call it....IS Secular and HAS nothing whatsoever to do with a man Abandoning God, which is Spiritual.
C.I. Scofield abandoned his wife and two daughters, who then ran off with a woman and married her (Adultery)

Scofield was married to this woman who wasn't his wife until his death (Adultery)

My Holy Bible states Adulterers wont be in the eternal Kingdom, let alone your suggested claim that Scofield didnt abandon God

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispensationalism teaches a pre-trib rapture of the church to heaven, a doctrine not found in scripture

Pretty hard to interpret something as literal, when it's not found in the Holy Bible

Yes, Men “IN” Christ, NOT Subject to Wrath, is expressly found in the Holy Bible.

Yes, Great Wrath of God upon the inhabitants, upon the Earth, occurred ONCE, plainly revealed. And plainly foretold, another Great Wrath of God upon the inhabitants, upon the Earth, SHALL again, For the last time, occur.

Yes, during the FIRST Great Wrath of God upon the inhabitants, upon the Earth, EIGHT persons were SAVED, BY Being LIFTED UP off the face of the Earth, above the mountain tops. (270 feet above the mountain tops!!!) (Ever looked up above the mountain tops? That is where the CLOUDS ARE!)

Yes, NOTHING NEW under the sun. What WAS shall be Again. When Scripture notifies you, Gods Wrath upon the inhabitants, upon the Earth, SHALL again occur.......As Noah had an option, so also does every inhabitant, upon the face of the Earth.......Remain ON the Earth, BE subject to the WRATH of God....AS many men Choose in Noah’s day......OR Choose, as Noah did, DO as God gives Direction......and ON THAT frightful day WHEN Gods WRATH comes down from Heaven “upon the inhabitants” ‘upon the Earth......BE Safely risen UP TO THE CLOUDS ABOVE the FACE of the EARTH.......or not.

Did you NOT read the plain teaching IN Scripture?

1 Thes 4:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

IF a man IS STILL physically alive AND Gods SPIRIT is dwelling IN that man, (IS he WHO IS NOT SUBJECT TO GODS WRATH)....on the DAY of Gods Choosing to AGAIN release His WRATH UP the inhabitants ON the EARTH....
(THAT MAN, NOT SUBJECT TO GODS WRATH.....like Noah....SHALL BE LIFTED UP OFF the FACE OF THE EARTH....TO THE CLOUDS....and NOT SUFFER Gods WRATH UPON the Face of the Earth.)

What do you mean, it is NOT in Scripture? It is plainly IN Scripture.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C.I. Scofield abandoned his wife and two daughters, who then ran off with a woman and married her (Adultery)

Scofield was married to this woman who wasn't his wife until his death (Adultery)

My Holy Bible states Adulterers wont be in the eternal Kingdom, let alone your suggested claim that Scofield didnt abandon God

Did you Learn in your Bible, men are corrupt?
Did you Learn in your Bible, mankind is taught, “relationships” between and among mankind....father, mothers, children, relatives, care, marriages, abandonment........... to PRACTICE....FOR WHAT?

TO have an eternal “marriage” between a man and a woman? No!

All the teaching and practicing of relationships between and among mankind, are teachings and practicing..........is preparation for individuals to HAVE a relationship WITH GOD.

Correct. Adulterers WILL NOT have a place WITH GOD.
It has nothing to Do with Secular relationships between men and woman...

Individual HUMANS, who SAY they are WITH GOD, and abandon God, are Adulterers WHO WILL NOT have a place WITH GOD.

Same as men WHO LIE to God; men who CHEAT on God with “other gods”; men who STEAL from God ‘His Works”, and make them “their works”...
Correct......those men HAVE NO place.....WITH God IN His Kingdom.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.... let alone your suggested claim that Scofield didnt abandon God

What are you talking about...... What suggested claim?

I said nothing about Scofield one way or the other......of being WITH God or ABANDONING God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Men “IN” Christ, NOT Subject to Wrath, is expressly found in the Holy Bible.

Yes, Great Wrath of God upon the inhabitants, upon the Earth, occurred ONCE, plainly revealed. And plainly foretold, another Great Wrath of God upon the inhabitants, upon the Earth, SHALL again, For the last time, occur.

Yes, during the FIRST Great Wrath of God upon the inhabitants, upon the Earth, EIGHT persons were SAVED, BY Being LIFTED UP off the face of the Earth, above the mountain tops. (270 feet above the mountain tops!!!) (Ever looked up above the mountain tops? That is where the CLOUDS ARE!)

Yes, NOTHING NEW under the sun. What WAS shall be Again. When Scripture notifies you, Gods Wrath upon the inhabitants, upon the Earth, SHALL again occur.......As Noah had an option, so also does every inhabitant, upon the face of the Earth.......Remain ON the Earth, BE subject to the WRATH of God....AS many men Choose in Noah’s day......OR Choose, as Noah did, DO as God gives Direction......and ON THAT frightful day WHEN Gods WRATH comes down from Heaven “upon the inhabitants” ‘upon the Earth......BE Safely risen UP TO THE CLOUDS ABOVE the FACE of the EARTH.......or not.

1 Thes 4:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

IF a man IS STILL physically alive AND Gods SPIRIT is dwelling IN that man, (IS he WHO IS NOT SUBJECT TO GODS WRATH)....on the DAY of Gods Choosing to AGAIN release His WRATH UP the inhabitants ON the EARTH....
(THAT MAN, NOT SUBJECT TO GODS WRATH.....like Noah....SHALL BE LIFTED UP OFF the FACE OF THE EARTH....TO THE CLOUDS....and NOT SUFFER Gods WRATH UPON the Face of the Earth.)

A pre-trib rapture is found no place in scripture

1 Thes 4:

The main scripture used by supporters of the (Pre-Trib Rapture) is 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, this is nothing more than the (Second Coming) (Last Day) resurrection, not a (Pre-Trib Rapture), don't be deceived

1. Is a resurrection of the believer seen in 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, 100% Yes!

2. Does this resurrection take place on the (Last Day) as Jesus Christ taught below in John 6:39-40, 100% Yes!

3. Is the (Last Day) the time of final judgement as Jesus Christ taught in John 12:48 below, 100% Yes!

Many deny the truth of Gods words below, that are simple, clear, and very easy to understand.

(THE SECOND COMING, LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17KJV
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(THE LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth
; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

(THE LAST DAY JUDGEMENT)

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you Learn in your Bible, men are corrupt?
Did you Learn in your Bible, mankind is taught, “relationships” between and among mankind....father, mothers, children, relatives, care, marriages, abandonment........... to PRACTICE....FOR WHAT?

TO have an eternal “marriage” between a man and a woman? No!

All the teaching and practicing of relationships between and among mankind, are teachings and practicing..........is preparation for individuals to HAVE a relationship WITH GOD.

Correct. Adulterers WILL NOT have a place WITH GOD.
It has nothing to Do with Secular relationships between men and woman...

Individual HUMANS, who SAY they are WITH GOD, and abandon God, are Adulterers WHO WILL NOT have a place WITH GOD.

Same as men WHO LIE to God; men who CHEAT on God with “other gods”; men who STEAL from God ‘His Works”, and make them “their works”...
Correct......those men HAVE NO place.....WITH God IN His Kingdom.
Your response had absolutely nothing to do with the fact, Scofield lived and died an adulterer

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, You believe we won’t be around for any of your 7 years? Where do we go if we aren’t around here?
To the Eternal game room, playing endless counterstrike and fortnite

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the Eternal game room, playing endless counterstrike and fortnite
Though I’m sure you’re joking, nation will never learn war with nation again. Their weapons will turn into farming instruments. War is the opposite of Christ.