(Adultery) C.I. Scofield And Dispensationalism's Foundations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

C.I. Scofield is the modern father of Dispensationalsim, he was instrumental in the founding of (Dallas Theological Seminary) as (Lewis S. Chafer) was his student and disciple.

Dallas Theological Alumni:
Hal Lindsey, David Jeremiah, J. Vernon McGee, Chuck Swindoll, Tim La Haye, Thomas Ice, Charles Ryrie

The Scofield Reference Bible 1909, maintained (Dispensationalism's) teachings in the margins

The 1909 reference bible was the single greatest source and influence in spreading (Dispensationalism) throughout the world, with millions of copies sold, and on pulpits and under arms from 1909-1970 in the majority

C.I. Scofield was married to Leotine, and had two daughters, he abandoned them in Kansas without support and ended up pastoring a Church in Dallas Texas at 41 years old, there he met the Sunday School college girl (Hettie Van Wart) 24 years old, Scofield divorced his wife Leotine and married Hettie in 1884 (Adultery)

(Adultery) Scofield remained married to Hettie until his death in 1921,while his lawful wife Leotine lived, dying in 1936

C.I. Scofield produced the greatest influence in the world relating to (Dispensationalism) in his 1909 reference bible, while Hettie was the secretary and assistant on this work, that was produced by (Adulterers) C.I. Scofield & Hettie Van Wart (Corrupt Fruit)

Matthew 7:17-18KJV
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

C.I. Scofield is the modern father of Dispensationalsim, he was instrumental in the founding of (Dallas Theological Seminary) as (Lewis S. Chafer) was his student and disciple.

Hal Lindsey, David Jeremiah, J. Vernon McGee, Chuck Swindoll, Tim La Haye, Thomas Ice, Charles Ryrie

The Scofield Reference Bible 1909, maintained (Dispensationalism's) teachings in the margins

The 1909 reference bible was the single greatest source and influence in spreading (Dispensationalism) throughout the world, with millions of copies sold, and on pulpits and under arms from 1909-1970 in the majority

C.I. Scofield was married to Leotine, and had two daughters, he abandoned them in Kansas without support and ended up pastoring a Church in Dallas Texas at 41 years old, there he met the Sunday School college girl (Hettie Van Wart) 24 years old, Scofield divorced his wife Leotine and married Hettie in 1884 (Adultery)

(Adultery) Scofield remained married to Hettie until his death in 1921,while his lawful wife Leotine lived, dying in 1936

C.I. Scofield produced the greatest influence in the world relating to (Dispensationalism) in his 1909 reference bible, while Hettie was the secretary and assistant on this work, that was produced by (Adulterers) C.I. Scofield & Hettie Van Wart (Corrupt Fruit)

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Place your faith in God only NOT in any little man.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You do know that Jesus' lineage includes the Canaanite prostitute Rahab, the adulterer and murderer King David, as well as other unsavory characters like the apostate king Manasseh, right?
I don't believe in Dispensationalism, but you've mentioned some fine and spirit filled ministers in your blanket condemnation of the doctrine who have spent their entire lives faithfully preaching the gospel, even if their teaching was a bit off here and there. What perfect teacher lives, but the Holy Spirit?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know that Jesus' lineage includes the Canaanite prostitute Rahab, the adulterer and murderer King David, as well as other unsavory characters like the apostate king Manasseh, right?
I don't believe in Dispensationalism, but you've mentioned some fine and spirit filled ministers in your blanket condemnation of the doctrine who have spent their entire lives faithfully preaching the gospel, even if their teaching was a bit off here and there. What perfect teacher lives, but the Holy Spirit?
Fine Spirit Filled Ministers?

Hal Lindsey on his 4th marriage (Adultery)

John Hagee married to Diana Castro while his wife Martha lives? (Adultery)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Much of what Scofield disseminated was based on Bible study notes by J. N. Darby. It's hard retrospectively to blacken Darby because of Scofield's domestic life.

(I do see remarriage prohibited in Romans 7 and 1 Corinthians 7.)

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What scripture references Jesus in the lineage of Rahab the prostitute?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much of what Scofield disseminated was based on Bible study notes by J. N. Darby. It's hard retrospectively to blacken Darby because of Scofield's domestic life.

(I do see remarriage prohibited in Romans 7 and 1 Corinthians 7.)
Fact is Darby's teachings were way out in left field, pre-trib rapture and dual covenant theology to mention a few

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 1:5
Salma/Salmon was father of the house of Rechab, Jesus was in the lineage of the house of Rechab, not of the prostitute Rehab as you claim

Matthew 1:5KJV

5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;

Salma/Salmon is the father of the house of Rechab

1 Chronicles 2:54-55KJV

54 The sons of Salma; Bethlehem, and the Netophathites, Ataroth, the house of Joab, and half of the Manahethites, the Zorites.
55 And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.

Jeremiah 35:17-19KJV
17 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them: because I have spoken unto them, but they have not heard; and I have called unto them, but they have not answered.
18 And Jeremiah said unto the house of the Rechabites, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Because ye have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according unto all that he hath commanded you:
19 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vernon Magee and David Jeremiah are much more highly esteemed than you are. How will you accuse them, Satan?
At no time did I accuse them, I merely stated they were Dallas Theological Alumni, your claims are "False"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would probably agree with you on divorce, but would see Israel and the church - as per Darby - as distinct.
There you have it, you believe in and follow Darby's dual covenant theology, in two peoples of God, Jew/Church

God has one covenant with man, the shed blood upon Calvary period, those who believe in and receive this finished work are saved and become Gods people (The Church)

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Fact is Darby's teachings were way out in left field, pre-trib rapture and dual covenant theology to mention a few

Pre-trib and dual covenant theology are staples of conventional Christiaity, disagreeing with them is one thing, but calling them way out in left field is a bit of a stretch.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pre-trib and dual covenant theology are staples of conventional Christiaity, disagreeing with them is one thing, but calling them way out in left field is a bit of a stretch.
Calling Pre-trib and dual covenant theology being out in left field was nice, it's my opinion the teachings are false deception

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte