After 50 some years I became saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is how man teaches in the catholic church. Tell them something they dont understand makes sence/ This is how you rob people of there money. Jesus says you have need of NO MAN I will teach you all things. I am sure your brother and sister are saved even if they stayed catholic, God looks at the heart not the miseaching wqe all got catholic or protestant. The traditional churchs are so far from truth its unbelievable.
I am confused by your post.

You stated that Jesus said you have need of NO MAN and that He will teach us in all things?

I can't find that in scripture. Are you talking about 1 John2?

Confused Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I shall respect Josho's request to not debate as this is a testimony thread.

There is a topic on Baptism that Grams has started. You can pursue this there if you wish..

Amen...as it should be. :)

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am confused by your post.

You stated that Jesus said you have need of NO MAN and that He will teach us in all things?

I can't find that in scripture. Are you talking about 1 John2?

Confused Mary
You found it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You found it.
It appears you loosely referenced scripture. Once more of that passage is revealed it shows that you are being a bit deceitful. Here is what I found:

As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I shall respect Josho's request to not debate as this is a testimony thread.

There is a topic on Baptism that Grams has started. You can pursue this there if you wish..

Marymog

As has already mention been mentioned twice earlier in the thread....
This is a "TESTIMONY Forum" , not a Debate Forum.

Reactions: Job

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God you found Jesus! So many Catholics are jumping through all the hoops that God designed to build a big beautiful bold zealous faith in Jesus Christ, Son of God and Son of Mary, Who gave is life once for all, who instituted the Sacraments to communicate His grace to everyone in every age--and were never introduced to Jesus. So they feel like they need to search for him elsewhere. He's in the Church! The Church is His body! It is a crime that so many are leaving without ever realizing that they are walking away from the exact person they are looking for. Like leaving the 5 star restaurant because someone is telling you about the hotdog stand on the street corner.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound combative. I'm sincerely happy for you, Grams. Jesus loves you wherever you choose to find Him. I just want to say that I've been Catholic all my life. Went through all the hoops and I did find Jesus. We talk all the time. I receive him daily and he walks with me. I wish everyone could experience the faith I have within the Church. But I know that's not possible yet, so I'll thank God for what He is doing for you, Grams and I'll pray that more come to know Him as well.

God bless you.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Old Man
I am glad that your church is not like the one I grew up in....... I always felt I was going to hell......

There just was very little teaching back then....... Now maybe they have changed.....

That just was not right that the priest was able to take away my sins............ How could he?

I pray your church tells you to read the bible !

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptized as a baby in the catholic church......... and my husband and I had our children baptized also.....

but none of us were saved, till our older son went to a different church and that started us, to find a bible church

with no religion........... and we sure did start to read the bible all of us and learn.... That there is a time past...... and things

were different back then.......... But then Paul was spoken to........... in Acts 9............ what a eye opener this

was............ and we are now Gentiles.......... [ "but now" ] who believe in GOD and JESUS and what was done for us..........

And there is going to be a future, which will change again.........

Reactions: Sword

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you are.

Absolutely. I agree with that.
And it is in Baptism that we are given that grace.

Absolutely, I agree with that.

The cross is about making provision for our salvation.

I agree. And in doing so he made provision for our salvation.

Here are a couple of Bible verses to consider.

Peter says about Noah and his family being saved through water. "This prefigured baptism, which saves you now" (1Pet 3:20-21).
Get that? Baptism saves you now.

Jesus said "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mk 16:16).
[/QUOTE]
These are antitypes pointing to Christ. But we are not saved by the antitype itself, it is a mere symbol, which Christ included among many other signs that would follow those who believe.

Reactions: Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never felt saved, so I do not know if my parents or brother or sister were.
They were Catholic also, but started out at a different Catholic church.....

Our children did not either at first , till we went to a bible church............ sooooooooo having a bible and some one talking to
the church members in English ........ made a difference. Mass was in Latin.
And not having a bible in the church was not good.......... I am told they do now use bibles........... GOOD!
Yes that is where I was and where I am.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm only 10 years younger than you. I had a Bible at secondary school. It was compulsory for Religious Education lessons.

We had Mass books with 2 columns: left hand side - Latin; right hand side - English, so you could follow the Mass if you wanted to.

The Mass in English started in 1969, almost 50 years ago. You would only have been 35.
I was a devout Catholic and an altar boy with hopes of becoming a priest until I graduated from high school in 1961. All those years as a Catholic and I never saw such English versions of the mass. Jesus paid the price about 2000 years ago. Why were the improvements [if they were] so long in coming? The last time I went to a mass was for a friend's funeral quite a number of years ago. Even though I had been reading the Bible by then for a number of years, I still could not see God's message in what was happening. Blind? Yes, I had been quite blind when I was a young Catholic even though I knew there was God. The Catholic Church that I saw at that funeral really did have an aspect of death to it even though it was all in English. I wish I could say that I have never attended a Protestant service that was equally dead, but that would be a lie.

You might say that the problem is in me. But, I would not believe that. I am not at the end of the road yet, but I know that I am much closer than I ever was as a Catholic. I know Catholics today who are good Christians, but that is only the few. Unfortunately again my experience with too many Protestants is similar.

Let us pray that everyone who has a measure of God's truth would move ever closer to Him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Desperation?

It was the Catholic Church that gave you the Bible in the first place.

It was the Catholic Church that was translating the Bible into vernacular languages over a 1,000 years before Luther.
God was inspiring men to write and they did, no matter what else was or was not happening, be it good or be it evil. Consider the Apostle Paul's words with regard to the Jews:

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God." Rom 3:1-2

But, did the apostle advocate that all the gentile believers should become Jews? Lots of Catholics have done good things and do good things. This still does not mean that God resides only in the hearts of Catholic believers, does it?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was inspiring men to write and they did, no matter what else was or was not happening, be it good or be it evil. Consider the Apostle Paul's words with regard to the Jews:

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God." Rom 3:1-2

But, did the apostle advocate that all the gentile believers should become Jews? Lots of Catholics have done good things and do good things. This still does not mean that God resides only in the hearts of Catholic believers, does it?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These verses really helped me to understand ! That I was really saved , and I know I am now going to heaven

Were my husband is now and I will be there soon I pray........ I am so anxious to go home........ :)

Eph.2.
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Groper,

I am just hoping others can understand that ! We have learned we are now Gentiles in the age of Grace.... How wonderful......

After all those years with no bible and now, I keep reading and finding more, and more, and more each time.
But salvation was the giant big thing for us......... all those years not having the truth and the bible to learn more.....

Reactions: amadeus and Sword

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Groper,

I am just hoping others can understand that ! We have learned we are now Gentiles in the age of Grace.... How wonderful......

After all those years with no bible and now, I keep reading and finding more, and more, and more each time.
But salvation was the giant big thing for us......... all those years not having the truth and the bible to learn more.....

no problem - not to worry - the early Christians also only had the Church and no bible - the problem now is too many Popes - twinc