After 50 some years I became saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is so wonderful to know my husband is all ready there in heaven ! and I am praying I will be there soon also.

It is so very good to know now were we [ "our family "] is going !
Scripture says that "we do not know what we will become" Grams, i would caution against this perspective of "knowing" that cannot be supported by the Book, far as i can tell. "No one knows where they go when they die."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm certain Jesus is quoted as saying that there was NO forgiveness for blaspheming the Holy Spirit......in or out of any kind of fellowships or temples....
he needs an identifiable Church, so that he can be in It, and ID everyone else who is not in It as out of It, see. Which is completely understandable of course, everyone wants to be in the Church. All of the other heresy then flows from that misconception. Or let's call it what it is, blindness, not saying my eyes are completely opened or anything.

But obviously with that doctrine, anyone not a member of the RCC must be "lost."

Reactions: pia

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1-Thes

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i agree, but note that that does not say "will God bring to heaven."

consider that you have been told that "you" will "go to heaven," but you have also been told "die to self," which is the "you" that you were told would go to heaven, is it not? See, everyone wants to go to heaven, and no one wants to manifest Christ here, so that is what church sells you, this concept of "i can't wait to die, and go to heaven."

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2cor.4-
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal
2Cor.5-

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture says that "we do not know what we will become" Grams, i would caution against this perspective of "knowing" that cannot be supported by the Book, far as i can tell. "No one knows where they go when they die."

1 John 5:13 " These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life..."

. . . . . . .
653.gif

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
1 John 5:13 " These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life..."

. . . . . . .
653.gif
i'm not disagreeing with that, but with this perspective that one knows how that will manifest, ie "i know that i am going to heaven when i die." For instance "Ye" might even be meant as speaking to all mankind; "Y'all have eternal life, collectively; your seeds, having fallen and died, will produce a crop, eternally" maybe

the point being possibly that if one has died to self they aren't so worried about getting self to some eternal party in the sky. "We do not know what we will be." But we end up basically being taught to obsess about tomorrow imo

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph.2.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[
bbyrd009 said:

Yes we do..................!!!!!

Either / HEAVEN / or hell.............

And we know those who are saved !!!!!!!!!!! Are going to heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & The lost do not know any thing.............
so.............. are you lost ?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to ask MUNGO a question !

Why did I have to go to confession then ? If I was saved after being baptized... ??

Reactions: pia and Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Thes. 4:

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

I can add some thing to my "post" that I started with......

I believe GOD is Great and so is JESUS.......... and how they must have made me change is just un believable,,,

My Pa was a alcoholic, and I became one also........ and I smoked..

But ! all of a sudden before I became saved I quite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And believe me it was not easy, I had tried over and over and over again many , many times.... I feel GOD put some thing in my brain and mind and heart........
And it all worked ....
And shortly after, through our children changing churches we all did ..........

And now I know my family and I are all saved.....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
1Thes. 4:

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

I can add some thing to my "post" that I started with......

I believe GOD is Great and so is JESUS.......... and how they must have made me change is just un believable,,,

My Pa was a alcoholic, and I became one also........ and I smoked..

But ! all of a sudden before I became saved I quite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And believe me it was not easy, I had tried over and over and over again many , many times.... I feel GOD put some thing in my brain and mind and heart........
And it all worked ....
And shortly after, through our children changing churches we all did ..........

And now I know my family and I are all saved.....
ha, that's awesome Grams, my parents were lifelong smokers, and quit the same way.
I'm glad i got to witness that, as it is somewhat rare i guess. They exhibited no withdrawal symptoms that i could see, no attitude issues or anything. I have of course been witness to subsequent cold-turkeys by other former smokers, but it was night and day imo.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it was Groper ,
The drinking was as hard as the smoking.... I don't know if this is some thing you get because a parent had it ?
But it sure was bad..... I never thought I could do it.......

I sure know that GOD is GREAT , Wonderful and giving !

Reactions: amadeus and pia

Cornerstone Network

Nov 27, 2017
US & UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was brought up a Catholic !

Went to the school, for 6 years......

Never felt saved..... All we used was prayer books and rosary's ! No bibles were used
back then..... I guess they do now ?
My parents were brought up also Catholic. And brother and sister..... And my husband
They are all dead now.

As a catholic we had to go to the priest and confess our sins and then they were forgiven.
My husband and I brought up 2 of our children catholic but the last one I did not
send to religion classes. Just to Mass, and that was in Latin and we of course did not
know Latin.
Any way our older son got saved by a friend bringing him to his church. And not long after we all got saved..... Our sons now preach once in a while.
It feels so good to finally be saved. And to know my husband is now in heaven.

I do not know if my parents or brother and sister are... They stayed Catholic

Such an encouragement to hear your story - thanks for sharing!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I am sure I am saved........BECAUSE

JESUS - PAID THE FULL PRICE FOR MY SINS!

JESUS SUFFERED SO MUCH PAIN "FOR OUR SINS"

For those who believe in GOD the FATHER and JESUS