1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

After 50 some years I became saved

Discussion in 'Testimonial Forum' started by Grams, Jul 11, 2017.

1. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    Scripture says that "we do not know what we will become" Grams, i would caution against this perspective of "knowing" that cannot be supported by the Book, far as i can tell. "No one knows where they go when they die."

2. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    he needs an identifiable Church, so that he can be in It, and ID everyone else who is not in It as out of It, see. Which is completely understandable of course, everyone wants to be in the Church. All of the other heresy then flows from that misconception. Or let's call it what it is, blindness, not saying my eyes are completely opened or anything.

But obviously with that doctrine, anyone not a member of the RCC must be "lost."

pia likes this.
  3. Grams

Grams Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    1-Thes

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

bbyrd009 likes this.
  4. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    i agree, but note that that does not say "will God bring to heaven."

consider that you have been told that "you" will "go to heaven," but you have also been told "die to self," which is the "you" that you were told would go to heaven, is it not? See, everyone wants to go to heaven, and no one wants to manifest Christ here, so that is what church sells you, this concept of "i can't wait to die, and go to heaven."

5. Grams

Grams Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    2cor.4-
    While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal
    2Cor.5-

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven

6. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    1 John 5:13 " These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life..."

. . . . . . . [​IMG]

pia likes this.
  7. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    i'm not disagreeing with that, but with this perspective that one knows how that will manifest, ie "i know that i am going to heaven when i die." For instance "Ye" might even be meant as speaking to all mankind; "Y'all have eternal life, collectively; your seeds, having fallen and died, will produce a crop, eternally" maybe

the point being possibly that if one has died to self they aren't so worried about getting self to some eternal party in the sky. "We do not know what we will be." But we end up basically being taught to obsess about tomorrow imo

"ByGrace" likes this.
  8. Grams

Grams Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Eph.2.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

9. Grams

Grams Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    [
    bbyrd009 said:
    Scripture says that "we do not know what we will become" Grams, i would caution against this perspective of "knowing" that cannot be supported by the Book, far as i can tell. "No one knows where they go when they die."
    1 John 5:13 " These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life..."

Yes we do..................!!!!!

Either / HEAVEN / or hell.............

And we know those who are saved !!!!!!!!!!! Are going to heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & The lost do not know any thing.............
    so.............. are you lost ?

10. Grams

Grams Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I would like to ask MUNGO a question !

Why did I have to go to confession then ? If I was saved after being baptized... ??

pia and "ByGrace" like this.