After the Devil is Cast Out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy broke the two questions I have up. The other I haven’t felt you’ve addressed is why satan is loosed or bound..or free to roam around to seek whom he can devour. Either before or after, or in a little season, or a shortened time..regardless of the perspective held…why is he (the devil) released for a little season or a shortened time? Whether man releases the devil or God allows his release either for a shortened 3 1/2 year period or after a thousand years …what is the purpose of the time shortened, for a little season, what is the purpose he is loosed? Is it to do harm? I know you said he is not bound today but walking freely about seeking whom to devour…not disputing that. but whether before or after or during 3 1/2 years WHY is he given this time? I mean an all-loving God, a merciful God, a peaceful God, and fair and just God who does not have respect of men …WHY ..this must be fulfilled of satan knowing his time is short? This is not a why saying God is unjust to allow it, the why is how does this fit in to His Divine Nature?

Why? To me it is the same “why” that has been debated for a long time of who hurt Job? The devil must not be to good at seeking whom to devour because God pointed or illuminated Job asking satan have you not noticed job? Then permission is granted …you can do all this but you can’t kill job. What is the purpose of job which is maybe one of the most relatable books in the Word of God. Years upon years of the same question who hurt Job because God allowed it and God pointed job out…but satan was the one who went to town on job. I mean we read it and think, wow job you have it bad. You are sitting scraping your sores with pottery shards and being eaten away, worn out, by your friends words against you. Poor job. You can’t deny there is a purpose there in job that many are drawn to (as being able to relate to job) but left with the question…what is God’s Divine nature? Is it to harm or to do good? In the imagination it could be assumed it is like having the worse and most fierce beast of a dog chained up that hasn’t eaten in years and letting that beast of a dog who is hungry as hell for bloody meat loose saying “ok. Attack, go after him them boy. See what you can do.” But that is why that passage in Peter is significant to me, because it says to me Job —Moses—John—Paul—Peter and many others …that the trial (the trying of Job) your Faith being more precious than gold, though it be tried by fire, may shine forth in to the face of Jesus Christ which and who reveals (uncovers) the Divine Nature of the Father.
1 Peter 1:7-11 That the trial of your faith(job could be included here answering the why try job question), being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (which job acknowledges in i will see him standing in my own flesh) [8] Whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: [9] Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. [10] Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you this grace is seen at the end of job) [11] Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, (does the sufferings job testify beforehand of the suffering of Christ?) and the glory that should follow. (And the Lord being full of Mercy restored unto job what had been lost two-fold). (Grace, honour and glory at the appearance of Christ)

You may say that is nothing more than pointless talk, but maybe someone who comes here has the same questions I’ve struggled with like who is God and what is His Nature because I’m so messed up on what His Nature is by what I’ve been told of men is God’s Nature. To me the question is resolved of who harmed Job. Because it was God who gave job the testimony of the sufferings of Jesus Christ beforehand; and prophesied of the grace to follow: though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

To me the why is important because is it said to do harm or to do good regardless of when that shortened time is?

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that addresses the questions I asked but instead gives me a theology that refuses to take into consideration anything else outside of it. Why during the 3 and a half years you said this time has been shortened. Yet after the thousand years, satan is loosed for a little season? Why “little” …is that not shortened to a “little” season? Why and when does satan know his time is short? For the 3 and a half years of the seven year tribulation or after the thousand year reign. And don’t think I’m pushing pre or amm (don’t know how to spell it hope you get it) because I’m nether before or after because I don’t really know what the thousand year reign is except a day with the Lord is like a thousand years. I’m asking you from the perspective you hold…what is shortened for the elects sake? The 3 1/2 years because the perspective is that is why it is 3 1/2 …for it has been shortened and satan knows his time is short. OR Revelation 20:2-3 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, [3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Forget what you think I’ve been taught or influenced by men. I’m asking you which has been shortened for the elect the 3 1/2 years or the little season after the thousand years? Will you tell me which you see as what is spoken of as shortened. I feel like you have already said multiple times …it is the 3 1/2 years because that is WHY it is shortened to 3 1/2…ok. But for me you haven’t addressed the little season of satan being loosed after the thousand years of being bound and shut up. I’m asking how the perspective you keep includes this little season?

That is one question I truly want to have you explain. Not with a passage that you assume “duh” there it is, which isn’t answering the question but giving the theology without an answer.

I am of the belief that which is shortened is "great tribulation" that should come upon faithful saints during this age of Gospel grace. Great tribulation is connected with proclaiming the Gospel unto all the world for a witness unto all nations (Mt. 24:14). Continuing His discourse, Christ says that abomination that causes desolation will be known by His faithful flowerers. Christians in the first century AD would flee from Judaea during much hardship and suffering. It would not be limited to only them, for all of the elect of God shall know and some will experience this "great tribulation" that shall come but shall also be cut short for the sake of God's elect. If "great tribulation" in whatever way it might come was not cut short, there would be none left to take the Gospel unto all the world for a witness unto all nations.

The Church, for which believers are, must endure hardship, and death "great tribulation" in this age, but not all of them will be martyred for their faith. There must always be witnesses left alive to continue to proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom until the last Gentile to be saved comes into the Kingdom of God by grace through faith and the Kingdom of God is completed and this age (time) of grace shall come to an end.

Knowing the time/days those followers of Christ shall be called to remain faithful until death will endure only for a shortened period of time helps us to endure the suffering and sorrow, knowing that death cannot take us from Christ. For in both life and in death we shall be with the Lord.

Matthew 24:14 (KJV) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matthew 24:21-22 (KJV) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy broke the two questions I have up. The other I haven’t felt you’ve addressed is why satan is loosed or bound..or free to roam around to seek whom he can devour. Either before or after, or in a little season, or a shortened time..regardless of the perspective held…why is he (the devil) released for a little season or a shortened time? Whether man releases the devil or God allows his release either for a shortened 3 1/2 year period or after a thousand years …what is the purpose of the time shortened, for a little season, what is the purpose he is loosed? Is it to do harm? I know you said he is not bound today but walking freely about seeking whom to devour…not disputing that. but whether before or after or during 3 1/2 years WHY is he given this time? I mean an all-loving God, a merciful God, a peaceful God, and fair and just God who does not have respect of men …WHY ..this must be fulfilled of satan knowing his time is short? This is not a why saying God is unjust to allow it, the why is how does this fit in to His Divine Nature?

Why? To me it is the same “why” that has been debated for a long time of who hurt Job? The devil must not be to good at seeking whom to devour because God pointed or illuminated Job asking satan have you not noticed job? Then permission is granted …you can do all this but you can’t kill job. What is the purpose of job which is maybe one of the most relatable books in the Word of God. Years upon years of the same question who hurt Job because God allowed it and God pointed job out…but satan was the one who went to town on job. I mean we read it and think, wow job you have it bad. You are sitting scraping your sores with pottery shards and being eaten away, worn out, by your friends words against you. Poor job. You can’t deny there is a purpose there in job that many are drawn to (as being able to relate to job) but left with the question…what is God’s Divine nature? Is it to harm or to do good? In the imagination it could be assumed it is like having the worse and most fierce beast of a dog chained up that hasn’t eaten in years and letting that beast of a dog who is hungry as hell for bloody meat loose saying “ok. Attack, go after him them boy. See what you can do.” But that is why that passage in Peter is significant to me, because it says to me Job —Moses—John—Paul—Peter and many others …that the trial (the trying of Job) your Faith being more precious than gold, though it be tried by fire, may shine forth in to the face of Jesus Christ which and who reveals (uncovers) the Divine Nature of the Father.
1 Peter 1:7-11 That the trial of your faith(job could be included here answering the why try job question), being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (which job acknowledges in i will see him standing in my own flesh) [8] Whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: [9] Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. [10] Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you this grace is seen at the end of job) [11] Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, (does the sufferings job testify beforehand of the suffering of Christ?) and the glory that should follow. (And the Lord being full of Mercy restored unto job what had been lost two-fold). (Grace, honour and glory at the appearance of Christ)

You may say that is nothing more than pointless talk, but maybe someone who comes here has the same questions I’ve struggled with like who is God and what is His Nature because I’m so messed up on what His Nature is by what I’ve been told of men is God’s Nature. To me the question is resolved of who harmed Job. Because it was God who gave job the testimony of the sufferings of Jesus Christ beforehand; and prophesied of the grace to follow: though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

To me the why is important because is it said to do harm or to do good regardless of when that shortened time is?
Thinking of the sufferings of job more of who did Job harm? It is resolved for me that neither could satan do Job harm because of the testimony of the sufferings Jesus Christ given before hand …no harm could satan do in the light of Christ. God Himself provided the Testimony of His Son. No matter what satan was allowed to do it all worked for the good of God towards honor and glory and praise at the uncovering of the suffering foretold before of the testimony of Jesus Christ. Which is there in Revelation (the uncovering) of Jesus Christ …John spoke of being a companion and brother in the sufferings …

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, you are not willing to STAY WITH GOD'S WRITTEN WORD, as that... is what I proclaimed to you, NOT some stupid theory!!!

It's also obvious now that you are here to PLAY GAMES, and are NOT serious about God's Word. The true Bible student here should beware of those like YOU.

Therefore, MAY MY HEAVENLY FATHER REBUKE YOU, IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!
I’m not playing. I seek to know Him the same as you. I put in the time to read the same as you. maybe I get it wrong but still I want to know Him. You can’t fault me for not adhering to your perspective because my wanting to know Him has nothing to do with whether I have the right theology. because if that were the case then since I’ve been wrong for most of my life, if it is based off my being right in theology then God would never give me the opportunity to learn or know Him. Saying not until you get the theology right. Or the perspective right. I do ask myself why I come here to the board? Why do I respond ever to you when I already know we are not going to see it the same? I hope it is for the right reasons. To be honest I’m struggling to find a purpose, struggling to find what or who I am called to be, and right now I come to the board because I’m trying to figure some things out. For example who is God, what is His Nature, how can I be free from anxiety worry or have peace in suffering because I don’t think God is a magic Jeanie who promises no suffering in this life, but purpose in and through it. So I’m not playing but thinking of job, in real time right now of who harmed job? Because I need to see it as much maybe even more, than I try to convince others. I need to repeat it until it sinks in past an internal dialogue I have received deep that wars against who God is.

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Peter 1:7-11 That the trial of your faith(job could be included here answering the why question), being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (which job acknowledges in i will see him standing in my own flesh) [8] Whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: [9] Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. [10] Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you this grace is seen at the end of job) [11] Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, (does the sufferings job testify beforehand of the suffering of Christ?) and the glory that should follow. (And the Lord being full of Mercy restored unto job what had been lost two-fold). (Grace, honour and glory at the appearance of Christ)

Reading Rev 12 in context tells us that with the birth of Christ a war in heaven commenced between Satan and his angels and Michael and his angels. That's when Satan with his demonic hosts were cast out of heaven and bound to the earth. After being cast out a voice from heaven was heard saying "Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." While heaven rejoices there shall be, "Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

Since being cast out of heaven and bound to the earth, Satan and his demonic minions have been tormenting and torturing the inhibiters of the earth, especially those who profess faith. That's about two thousand years, that in my opinion does not equal a "short time." But it is a short time that Satan had to persecute the first century church in the wilderness (Acts 7:38), that gave birth to Christ. The faithful remnant of Old that believed the prophesy of the Messiah who would be born. Satan's short time was spent persecuting the Old Covenant faithful saints. Since he could not keep Christ from being born, it would be impossible to prevent Him from defeating both sin and death through His atoning blood shed on the cross, and His resurrection. And when Christ ascended to heaven, He would send His Holy Spirit with great power to be in whosoever believes. Once the Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost, Satan's short time for persecuting the church on earth as the Gospel was preached ended, because his power to hold the nations of the world in bondage to fear of death through sin has been broken. Now all people can hear the Gospel proclaimed in the power of the Spirit, and whosoever believes by grace through faith has eternal life through Him. I believe the "short time" Satan had after he was cast out of heaven and bound on the earth was in the first century AD before the Spirit was sent in great power. Having the Spirit within meant the Gospel preached would accomplish the task for which Christ declares, "I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Satan will not be given a "little season" until time given the Church for proclaiming the Gospel unto all the world has ended when the seventh trumpet begins to sound that this particular time (symbolized a thousand years) shall be no longer. The mystery of God, that is the Kingdom of God will be complete as Gentiles of faith with Jews of faith fill/complete the Kingdom of God.

Revelation 10:5-7 (KJV) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not playing. I seek to know Him the same as you. I put in the time to read the same as you. maybe I get it wrong but still I want to know Him. You can’t fault me for not adhering to your perspective because my wanting to know Him has nothing to do with whether I have the right theology. because if that were the case then since I’ve been wrong for most of my life, if it is based off my being right in theology then God would never give me the opportunity to learn or know Him. Saying not until you get the theology right. Or the perspective right. I do ask myself why I come here to the board? Why do I respond ever to you when I already know we are not going to see it the same? I hope it is for the right reasons. To be honest I’m struggling to find a purpose, struggling to find what or who I am called to be, and right now I come to the board because I’m trying to figure some things out. For example who is God, what is His Nature, how can I be free from anxiety worry or have peace in suffering because I don’t think God is a magic Jeanie who promises no suffering in this life, but purpose in and through it. So I’m not playing but thinking of job, in real time right now of who harmed job? Because I need to see it as much maybe even more, than I try to convince others. I need to repeat it until it sinks in past an internal dialogue I have received deep that wars against who God is.
An example of my internal dialogue that wars with who God is. It may sound irrelevant but I haven’t told my husband yet but yesterday I drained and cleaned our above ground pool. He told me that I should not try scouring out the pool with algaecide but to fill it back up first. Then treat it. But I thought bright idea I would scrub the pool anyways with it. Wanting to kill any algae before new water went in. Well it stained the bottom of the pool liner turning it a pee-color. As I lay in bed last night I was so anxious with “you are so stupid. Pathetic. You break every thing you touch or try to do.” The other day I tried to push mow and the tire came off. Every time I touch something to try to help, it seems I always make it worse. It always cost more to fix my mistakes than my help achieved. So I start this beat down that spills over into every part of my being; reclusiveness, nothing to contribute, always a mess up, why bother trying to do anything. But as I was laying there last night going through why bother I thought of my husband beating himself up over feeling like he hasn’t handle fiancés as well as he wanted to. Seeing his beat down of himself. And I stopped thinking I’m unusual, laying there in bed thinking what is this you’re beating yourself up. Every one makes mistakes. Mostly sometimes I think I need to be more kind to myself in my own thoughts, because God has been kind to me. But I speak over Him saying why bother God? I hear Him saying to Live and to stop this babbling of self pity, and shame and speak good things. That may not make sense but my internal dialogue does play inference to His Voice that says I am a child forgiven and made free from condemnation.

• Love
Reactions: Mr E

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am of the belief that which is shortened is "great tribulation" that should come upon faithful saints during this age of Gospel grace. Great tribulation is connected
Great tribulation to me means turned up, heated hotter than has ever been or will ever be again. If this be for the honor and glory and praise at the appearance of Christ….then why dial back the intensity instead increase (Faith?) for His sake. To me great tribulation that has never been nor will ever be again…could be a good thing in what is impossible with men is not impossible with God. Like the verse of if you enemy is hunger, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him to drink. In doing so coals of hot fire will pour down on his head. Why turn back the heat when entering in is through much tribulations and suffering? God speaks of His hand not being shortened, His hand not being too short but reached out still …is the devils hand shortened?? Seems Gods hand is not too short to save, but the devils hand too short to save. If God is in it…if it be His saving power through much tribulations…then wouldn’t turning the the heat up as high as it will go declare that those who put their trust in Him, the endurance of hotter (sifted as wheat) as never seen before nor will ever be again is of His power, to endure, is in Gods hand and not man’s?

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great tribulation to me means turned up, heated hotter than has ever been or will ever be again. If this be for the honor and glory and praise at the appearance of Christ….then why dial back the intensity instead increase (Faith?) for His sake. To me great tribulation that has never been nor will ever be again…could be a good thing in what is impossible with men is not impossible with God. Like the verse of if you enemy is hunger, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him to drink. In doing so coals of hot fire will pour down on his head. Why turn back the heat when entering in is through much tribulations and suffering? God speaks of His hand not being shortened, His hand not being too short but reached out still …is the devils hand shortened?? Seems Gods hand is not too short to save, but the devils hand too short to save. If God is in it…if it be His saving power through much tribulations…then wouldn’t turning the the heat up as high as it will go declare that those who put their trust in Him, the endurance of hotter (sifted as wheat) as never seen before nor will ever be again is of His power, to endure, is in Gods hand and not man’s?

Great tribulation should be defined for those who experience it! Consider those written in Fox's Book of Martyrs, who kept the faith unto death. I doubt they would say they had not suffered "great tribulation" like never before and shall never again be. This is true of all faithful saints who suffer persecution and even death while clinging to their faith. There is never anything like or that shall be again the great tribulation the church on earth must endure during this age of grace. Even though suffering even unto death the church continues to grow, and the Kingdom of God is being completed in spite of the great tribulation that she must suffer through.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great tribulation should be defined for those who experience it! Consider those written in Fox's Book of Martyrs, who kept the faith unto death. I doubt they would say they had not suffered "great tribulation" like never before and shall never again be. This is true of all faithful saints who suffer persecution and even death while clinging to their faith. There is never anything like or that shall be again the great tribulation the church on earth must endure during this age of grace. Even though suffering even unto death the church continues to grow, and the Kingdom of God is being completed in spite of the great tribulation that she must suffer through.
Reminds me of
Philippians 1:12-18 But I would you should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; [13] So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places ; [14] And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. [15] Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: [16] The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: [17] But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. [18] What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

And “in season, out of season”
2 Timothy 4:2-7

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that addresses the questions I asked but instead gives me a theology that refuses to take into consideration anything else outside of it. Why during the 3 and a half years you said this time has been shortened. Yet after the thousand years, satan is loosed for a little season? Why “little” …is that not shortened to a “little” season? Why and when does satan know his time is short? For the 3 and a half years of the seven year tribulation or after the thousand year reign. And don’t think I’m pushing pre or amm (don’t know how to spell it hope you get it) because I’m nether before or after because I don’t really know what the thousand year reign is except a day with the Lord is like a thousand years. I’m asking you from the perspective you hold…what is shortened for the elects sake? The 3 1/2 years because the perspective is that is why it is 3 1/2 …for it has been shortened and satan knows his time is short. OR Revelation 20:2-3 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, [3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Forget what you think I’ve been taught or influenced by men. I’m asking you which has been shortened for the elect the 3 1/2 years or the little season after the thousand years? Will you tell me which you see as what is spoken of as shortened. I feel like you have already said multiple times …it is the 3 1/2 years because that is WHY it is shortened to 3 1/2…ok. But for me you haven’t addressed the little season of satan being loosed after the thousand years of being bound and shut up. I’m asking how the perspective you keep includes this little season?

That is one question I truly want to have you explain. Not with a passage that you assume “duh” there it is, which isn’t answering the question but giving the theology without an answer.

Nah... I notice your typing is too good for your mind to be so confused about what God's written Word says.

So I have to assume... you are here playing games with folks. I answered your questions but you obviously don't care to go check it out in The Bible for yourself.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI, I also know what time Jesus shortened the coming "great tribulation" period to.

It is written, but it requires that the Bible student be studied enough for 'their self' in most all of God's Word to recognize it in Revelation.

Christ's Revelation only opens up in understanding IF one has done their homework in the rest of His Word.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah... I notice your typing is too good for your mind to be so confused about what God's written Word says.

So I have to assume... you are here playing games with folks. I answered your questions but you obviously don't care to go check it out in The Bible for yourself.
I’m a writer. It is a passion that I didn’t know was in me until later in life. I’ve been told before I write like a third grader so I kind of feel like that was a halfway compliment coming from you. But even so that doesn’t mean I’m not confused by God or His Word.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An example of my internal dialogue that wars with who God is. It may sound irrelevant but I haven’t told my husband yet but yesterday I drained and cleaned our above ground pool. He told me that I should not try scouring out the pool with algaecide but to fill it back up first. Then treat it. But I thought bright idea I would scrub the pool anyways with it. Wanting to kill any algae before new water went in. Well it stained the bottom of the pool liner turning it a pee-color. As I lay in bed last night I was so anxious with “you are so stupid. Pathetic. You break every thing you touch or try to do.” The other day I tried to push mow and the tire came off. Every time I touch something to try to help, it seems I always make it worse. It always cost more to fix my mistakes than my help achieved. So I start this beat down that spills over into every part of my being; reclusiveness, nothing to contribute, always a mess up, why bother trying to do anything. But as I was laying there last night going through why bother I thought of my husband beating himself up over feeling like he hasn’t handle fiancés as well as he wanted to. Seeing his beat down of himself. And I stopped thinking I’m unusual, laying there in bed thinking what is this you’re beating yourself up. Every one makes mistakes. Mostly sometimes I think I need to be more kind to myself in my own thoughts, because God has been kind to me. But I speak over Him saying why bother God? I hear Him saying to Live and to stop this babbling of self pity, and shame and speak good things. That may not make sense but my internal dialogue does play inference to His Voice that says I am a child forgiven and made free from condemnation.

I love your heart.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If in the above he knows his time is short…is he loosed another little season? Knowing it is short “little” time? Are there two little seasons where he knows his time is short?

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Yes, two different short periods of time. One prior to the Millennium. One after the Millennium. Neither have happened as of yet. The last one will not even happen until another 1000 years on earth happen.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "great tribulation" was defined by Lord Jesus Christ in His Olivet discourse (Matthew 24). It was first mentioned in Daniel 12:1 pointing to the end of this world.

Dan 12:1
12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:
and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
KJV

Matt 24:21-22
21 For then shall be great tribulation,
such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
KJV

Man's trials and tribulations of the PAST just cannot compare to what that period in red is pointing to for the end of this world.

So those who TRY to downplay the time of "great tribulation" that Lord Jesus Christ described show they do not believe what Jesus says.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am of the belief that which is shortened is "great tribulation" that should come upon faithful saints during this age of Gospel grace. Great tribulation is connected with proclaiming the Gospel unto all the world for a witness unto all nations (Mt. 24:14).

The time of "great tribulation" Jesus warned His Church about, and linked with specific events, is meant to happen upon the FINAL generation that will see His future coming.

Furthermore, His idea that The Gospel must first be preached to all nations isn't even about what you're saying.

Notice brethren in Christ, that the idea that The Gospel must first be preached to all nations is written WITHIN the verses about some in Christ being delivered up to give that Testimony for Jesus at the end....

Mark 13:9-13
9 But take heed to yourselves:
for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
KJV

The Greek word for "published" in verse 10 does not mean like publishers printing books. It is Greek kerusso meaning to 'herald'. A herald is like the old days when a town crier stood upon a soapbox to give the latest news on the town square. In this situation for the 'end' that Jesus is pointing to, it is about the saints that will be delivered up for the "great tribulation" at the end to give a Testimony for Jesus. Apostle Peter pointed to this event for the end in Acts 2 when he quoted from Joel 2 in relation to the 'cloven tongue'. During the end of this world, GOD is going to speak to the whole world through His delivered up servants.

Continuing His discourse, Christ says that abomination that causes desolation will be known by His faithful flowerers. Christians in the first century AD would flee from Judaea during much hardship and suffering. It would not be limited to only them, for all of the elect of God shall know and some will experience this "great tribulation" that shall come but shall also be cut short for the sake of God's elect. If "great tribulation" in whatever way it might come was not cut short, there would be none left to take the Gospel unto all the world for a witness unto all nations.

The Church, for which believers are, must endure hardship, and death "great tribulation" in this age, but not all of them will be martyred for their faith. There must always be witnesses left alive to continue to proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom until the last Gentile to be saved comes into the Kingdom of God by grace through faith and the Kingdom of God is completed and this age (time) of grace shall come to an end.
It is obvious that rwb is trying... to pass off the Signs of the end that Lord Jesus gave His Church that are Signs leading up to His future return. Trying to place those Signs back in history, especially the time of Jesus' 1st coming, or the 1st century A.D., is a vain ploy by Full-Preterists who do not even believe there will be a literal return of Lord Jesus.