Ageing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I remember my mum saying that you didn't get mush older in your head she still felt as if she was young inside and it frustrated her. I didn't understand what she meant at the time but I do now. But rather than bemoan the things a can't do I grateful for the things I still can.
I believe the lyrics by Ronnie Lane and Ron Wood speak for me when they say; "I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was younger, I wish that I knew what I know now, When I was stronger".

Reactions: Pearl

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember my mum saying that you didn't get mush older in your head she still felt as if she was young inside and it frustrated her. I didn't understand what she meant at the time but I do now. But rather than bemoan the things a can't do I grateful for the things I still can.

Indeed. Our body must die as it cannot keep up with the aging of our born-again spirit/soul, as it is under condemnation still. The resurrection or rapture will halt that.

Stranger

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there was another thread where the comparison between the outward body, and the inward person is different. What I find sad, obviously because I work on a demencia floor, is how the physical and mental deteriation almost irradiates the spiritual expression and understanding of a person.
The only connection comes when old hymns are played.
So, the fact that many of us are not getting any younger, thank God that we can still renew our minds - it is a blessing xx
The only thing I would say is that even though we grow and mature as we get older our ' inner filter ' does go, so perhaps we say things that the younger Christian would not dream of saying !!
- I am not quite there with that one yet......... Lol

"What I find sad, obviously because I work on a demencia floor, is how the physical and mental deteriation almost irradiates the spiritual expression and understanding of a person."

Totally agree with you here Rita.
You and others here know about my oldest and dearest friend who has dementia. I find it so very sad to see that her passion for God that she once had in spades, has been gone for some time now. She could NEVER get through praise and worship without tears, but now, she is not even interested in listening to praise and worship music.
I have a peace, finally as I see Him working here. But yes, it is a sad thing to see but then...He is faithful ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there was another thread where the comparison between the outward body, and the inward person is different. What I find sad, obviously because I work on a demencia floor, is how the physical and mental deteriation almost irradiates the spiritual expression and understanding of a person.
The only connection comes when old hymns are played.
So, the fact that many of us are not getting any younger, thank God that we can still renew our minds - it is a blessing xx
The only thing I would say is that even though we grow and mature as we get older our ' inner filter ' does go, so perhaps we say things that the younger Christian would not dream of saying !!
- I am not quite there with that one yet......... Lol

Alzheimer’s Patient Recognizing Her Favorite Hymns Will Move You to Tears

Get the hankies out, lol. This moved me so much. You might have already seen it, it has been around for awhile now ♥

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking about ageing last night, how the ageing process affects every one of us. How it slows us down, how it weakens us and changes our physical bodies as we get older.

But in comparison as we age spiritually we should become quicker to trust, stronger in our faith, growing in wisdom and renewed daily by the transforming of our minds and as we approach the end of our earthly lives we have a new adventure to look forward to in eternity.
Amen, :) But now I see.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the lady I was talking about in another post on here- this video is used in our training program at the care home. Thanks Nancy for sharing this - yes it brought me to tears the first time I watched it X
Rita

I find it also interesting that the woman comforting Gladys is Jewish...don't know if she is a practicing one though. Yes, awesome and very moving video! The training program there chose a great video to use!

B

Butterfly

I cannot remember but I thought The lady comforting her was someone who understood dementia. I don't believe it's a random video of someone visiting this lady - its being filmed for the purpose of understanding and teaching that the person on the inside is still there, and can be reached x

B

brakelite

I've not had a good DL pic yet. It will keep ya humble............to say the least.
I don't know anyone with a satisfactory passport or DL pic. At least in their own estimation. Everyone else of course graciously tells us we look great! Me, I don't know who the fella glaring back at me is. A complete stranger photo bombed my passport pic. The weird thing is I still get through airports without being stopped. Go figure.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I was thinking about ageing last night, how the ageing process affects every one of us. How it slows us down, how it weakens us and changes our physical bodies as we get older.

But in comparison as we age spiritually we should become quicker to trust, stronger in our faith, growing in wisdom and renewed daily by the transforming of our minds and as we approach the end of our earthly lives we have a new adventure to look forward to in eternity.
You and your sons will be here with me

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A very old and wrinkled lady is riding the elevator of a high rise building. It stops and picks up a very young, beautiful girl smelling of expensive perfume. She looks condescendingly at the old woman and arrogantly says, "Romance by Ralph Lauren, $150 an ounce."

After a few moments, it stops again and picks up another young, beautiful girl also smelling of expensive perfume. She too looks condescendingly at the old woman and arrogantly says, "Channel no.5, $200 an ounce."

Finally, the elevator reaches the old woman's destination, and just before the doors close behind her as she's stepping out, she rips a loud, smelly one and says over her shoulder, "Broccoli, 49 cents a pound."

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well .................... I'm 83 and in June will be a year older.
And my family all seemed to be gone in there 70's.....
I have been wanting to go home since I got saved !!!!!!!! I did not know I was / ?
could be saved until we changed to a different religion .
I was lost all those years [ [and was afraid of death ] and now I want to go home.....
Sure pray it can be soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well .................... I'm 83 and in June will be a year older.
And my family all seemed to be gone in there 70's.....
I have been wanting to go home since I got saved !!!!!!!! I did not know I was / ?
could be saved until we changed to a different religion .
I was lost all those years [ [and was afraid of death ] and now I want to go home.....
Sure pray it can be soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
How long have you been saved?