Agnostic at heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then was the bible God taking a moral action for killing children by the sword?

God is the manifestation of morality. Morality is only moral because God said so. Who gave the children life in the first place? What did Job say? Naked I came, naked I shall return. The Lord gives and He takes away. Now, I don't know about you, but I am in no position to sit here and place God under my microscope. God has every right to do what He will with His creation. He was taking a moral action against the inherent sin that is inborn in all of mankind, yes. He was taking a moral action against the indignant Pharaoh for his disobedience, after warning him of the consequences, yes. While it is convenient for you point of view to take things out of context, it is hardly the logical position you claim to take. So I would say that in God's case, yes. He gave them life and was continuing to provide it to the. He warned the Pharaoh of the consequences of his actions and when Pharaoh still didn't listen, God was faithful to His word.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, a question for you; Why do you think that you have the right to demand God to prove Himself to you?

Who are we to look at the Almight Creator, point our fingers in his face, and demand He explain Himself or else we won't believe?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who says the universe had a beginning? You seem to be clinging onto old scientific models to authenticate your belief system. Even if the universe had a beginning then that beginning happened through a explainable process, not a magical event that can't be explained. Even if a God did create everything, would it have been a process that is absurd in nature? That cannot ever be explained.

Science says everything has a beginning and an end.

Your statement is a faith state based on absolutely no evidence.

It is an atheist statement which confirms you're not looking for God but to undermine Christians.

Do you really think I haven't heard others say this in the past? You keep doing exactly what I'm expecting you to do.

You are an atheist so stop pretending to be an agnostic.

Of course God being beginningless is beyond our comprehension.

Those ancient fools from 4000 years ago and before understood the issues with only the most basic of science.

But not near as foolish as people like you who keep trying to put God under the laws of science that he created.

But they had revelation from God that has shown them things science was unable to confirm until thousands of years later.

Also, like all atheists, you think everything can be explained by science. Truly egotistical thinking.

Reactions: Nancy

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Science says everything has a beginning and an end.

Your statement is a faith state based on absolutely no evidence.

It is an atheist statement which confirms you're not looking for God but to undermine Christians.

Do you really think I haven't heard others say this in the past? You keep doing exactly what I'm expecting you to do.

You are an atheist so stop pretending to be an agnostic.

Of course God being beginningless is beyond our comprehension.

Those ancient fools from 4000 years ago and before understood the issues with only the most basic of science.

But not near as foolish as people like you who keep trying to put God under the laws of science that he created.

But they had revelation from God that has shown them things science was unable to confirm until thousands of years later.

Also, like all atheists, you think everything can be explained by science. Truly egotistical thinking.
If God is beyond our capabilities of understanding him, how can anyone claim they know him. So what if science has a unproven theory about the beginning of the universe, what has that got to do with proving God. One way or another you'll have to leave your faith in Jesus behind when you die and all the neural activity ceases in your brain.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
God is the manifestation of morality. Morality is only moral because God said so. Who gave the children life in the first place? What did Job say? Naked I came, naked I shall return. The Lord gives and He takes away. Now, I don't know about you, but I am in no position to sit here and place God under my microscope. God has every right to do what He will with His creation. He was taking a moral action against the inherent sin that is inborn in all of mankind, yes. He was taking a moral action against the indignant Pharaoh for his disobedience, after warning him of the consequences, yes. While it is convenient for you point of view to take things out of context, it is hardly the logical position you claim to take. So I would say that in God's case, yes. He gave them life and was continuing to provide it to the. He warned the Pharaoh of the consequences of his actions and when Pharaoh still didn't listen, God was faithful to His word.
How can something be moral for God but immoral for us?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Now, a question for you; Why do you think that you have the right to demand God to prove Himself to you?

Who are we to look at the Almight Creator, point our fingers in his face, and demand He explain Himself or else we won't believe?
I don't, I demand proof from those who insist that their God is true.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you a simple moral question.

Is it right to kill a child?

Yes or No.

That is not a yes or no question. In war many children are killed. Some deserve it some don't. It is not right to murder anyone, child or no.

How can something be moral for God but immoral for us?

God is the giver of all life. And He takes all life. It is His to take. If God kills 3000 then it was right and good for Him to do so. If He saves 3000, it was right and good for Him to do so.

Stranger

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That is not a yes or no question. In war many children are killed. Some deserve it some don't. It is not right to murder anyone, child or no.

God is the giver of all life. And He takes all life. It is His to take. If God kills 3000 then it was right and good for Him to do so. If He saves 3000, it was right and good for Him to do so.

Stranger
Infants were stabbed through the heart with swords, come on.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infants were stabbed through the heart with swords, come on.

Give the verses you are addressing. I already told you, God can take life whenever and however He pleases. All life is His to take.

Stranger

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hold up there. You stated earlier you knew the Bible. Now you can't even give the verse or verses you are alluding to.

Again, give the verses you are addressing.

Stranger
No, look at all those verses and then tell me if I have a right for reservations about following Jesus.

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. I expect your presence will be interesting.

On the confession, I suggest forgiving yourself. It is very hard to accept our Father's forgiveness when we can't forgive ourselves. Which may be blocking that knowing Him you speak of.
Blessings

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, look at all those verses and then tell me if I have a right for reservations about following Jesus.

Give me the verses. Don't give me a link. That just shows you don't know what you are talking about and are using others knowledge. You're the one who said you read the Bible.

Give me the verses.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...believe it or not there is no "believe in Jesus" in the Bible at all I don't think!

John 14
[1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Glory to God,
Take

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. I expect your presence will be interesting.

On the confession, I suggest forgiving yourself. It is very hard to accept our Father's forgiveness when we can't forgive ourselves. Which may be blocking that knowing Him you speak of.
Blessings
Okay.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Give me the verses. Don't give me a link. That just shows you don't know what you are talking about and are using others knowledge. You're the one who said you read the Bible.

Give me the verses.

Stranger
Okay ill give you the verses..... Sheeesh.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I'm waiting....

I don't, I demand proof from those who insist that their God is true.

God does not require the believer to give 'proof'. He just requires us to give the Gospel. The Holy Spirit of God is the One who does the convincing.

Stranger