Agnostic at heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I have always known God was real. And I have had many encounters with God in my life. I don't have to try and believe. I believe.

The Bible is not there to prove to you anything. The Bible is for the man of God. (2 Tim. 3:17) So, it is no surprise you get nothing from it.

God is not interested in proving Himself to you.

Stranger
So you're saying God is real based solely on what you've proven to yourself. By that logic you can prove anything to yourself.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So you're saying God is real based solely on what you've proven to yourself. By that logic you can prove anything to yourself.
and one's language will make it obvious I guess, "the Bible is this, the Bible is that," that Scripture even condemns, along with the testifying of self, etc.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said that I've come no closer to proving or disproving God.

Please answer a simple question.

In the ultimate beginning nothing but nothing exist, not even space, where did matter, energy and space come from?

Science says everything has a beginning and an end. It says for every affect there is a cause. So what is the cause?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't defy science, science does not begin by presuming to know everything.

Let me put it this way, what possible other way could things that didn't exist suddenly exist?

Scientifically that is impossible by a the law of cause and effect and everything having a beginning and an end.

In the ultimate beginning not space, time or energy.

Reactions: Nancy and Acolyte

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I never said I proved anything to myself. I said I always have known God was real.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Please answer a simple question.

In the ultimate beginning nothing but nothing exist, not even space, where did matter, energy and space come from?

Science says everything has a beginning and an end. It says for every affect there is a cause. So what is the cause?
The First Law of Thermodynamics
The first law of thermodynamics, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another. For example, turning on a light would seem to produce energy; however, it is electrical energy that is converted.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I never said I proved anything to myself. I said I always have known God was real.

Stranger
How can you know something is real without evidence? Your saying I've always known God is real, but you dismiss the idea that you have to form a basis of information to persuade you of such things.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The First Law of Thermodynamics
The first law of thermodynamics, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another. For example, turning on a light would seem to produce energy; however, it is electrical energy that is converted.

That dodged the question.

Before energy even existed there was nothingness.

I asked you how out of utter nothingness energy, matter and space came into existence.

Those kinds of answers won't work with me. I've debated this issue with atheists too often.

Reality is no atheists can answer. As well I think you're an atheist pretending to be an agnostic.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Still dodging. In the ultimate beginning where did it all come from?
Who says the universe had a beginning? You seem to be clinging onto old scientific models to authenticate your belief system. Even if the universe had a beginning then that beginning happened through a explainable process, not a magical event that can't be explained. Even if a God did create everything, would it have been a process that is absurd in nature? That cannot ever be explained.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you know something is real without evidence? Your saying I've always known God is real, but you dismiss the idea that you have to form a basis of information to persuade you of such things.

I know because the Spirit of God has revealed to my spirit that it is so. This is what you don't understand. The believer believes because he knows. He knows because God has given it to him to know. No scientific proof is necessary. And, no scientific proof is wanted.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy and Acolyte

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I know because the Spirit of God has revealed to my spirit that it is so. This is what you don't understand. The believer believes because he knows. He knows because God has given it to him to know. No scientific proof is necessary. And, no scientific proof is wanted.

Stranger
Didn't you state that God is not in the business of providing proof about itself to anyone. Now you claim that God's spirit persuaded you?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't you state that God is not in the business of providing proof about itself to anyone. Now you claim that God's spirit persuaded you?

Everyone's belief has to be founded on some principle that cannot be explained. Mine is the God of Scripture. And I believe what he meant was that God through faith presents the truth to His people, but He is not in the business of proving Himself to those who simply demand it before they will have any faith. Faith isn't something we attain anyways, it is a gift from Him. And If one is going to claim that they refuse to believe until God bends to their demands of proving Himself, God will let them fester.

Reactions: Acolyte

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, I didn't say God persuaded me. I said God has given the believer to know. No persuasion is necessary.

Stranger

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Everyone's belief has to be founded on some principle that cannot be explained. Mine is the God of Scripture. And I believe what he meant was that God through faith presents the truth to His people, but He is not in the business of proving Himself to those who simply demand it before they will have any faith. Faith isn't something we attain anyways, it is a gift from Him. And If one is going to claim that they refuse to believe until God bends to their demands of proving Himself, God will let them fester.
Let me ask you a simple moral question.

Is it right to kill a child?

Yes or No.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you a simple moral question.

Is it right to kill a child?

Yes or No.

Depends on what you base your moral standards on. For a Christian who believes the Scriptures? No.