Agnostic at heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Imo if one actually were to have to confess something seven times in one day, that seventh confession would be particularly difficult, almost comical? Which is I guess why most Christians strenuously avoid it? And go for "repentance" instead? A horrible, Catholic concept imo, "rebound" is likely a much better term.
I don't know about you but when I believed I did wrong I would ask Jesus for forgiveness, but in doing that I could never really believe that my actions got magically washed away.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reading "worm" too literally I guess
Byrd you are hard to follow. It’s like trying to find manure in a bucket of crap, but I keep digging, because I have faith it’s in their. Seems your position is we could comfortably smeer all that man knows on a head of a pin.
Well, He who says he knows, does not, so it might seem that way, yes. We likely have differing defs of "Two Men" right now I guess, too, so wadr if those are still two diff ppl to you then yes, that will be moot for you

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ya, my bad. The point I meant to make is that most Christians are anxious to believe that believing a certain thing matters, when it does not. Beliefs are not faith iow

Very few see this truth.....:) Beliefs are from the strength of the natural man. Faith comes from the inner weakness of a man. This is so basic yet most seem to not get it at all.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading "worm" too literally I guess
Well, He who says he knows, does not, so it might seem that way, yes. We likely have differing defs of "Two Men" right now I guess, too, so wadr if those are still two diff ppl to you then yes, that will be moot for you
I agree. I have an opinion, but knowing?
I’m not the authority

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I have an opinion, but knowing?
I’m not the authority
But Byrd what’s your opinion wich world is Christ the foundation of. Sorry had to edit first if you will give me your born again opinion, then give me your evolved primate opinion, one banana two bananas?

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm. "World" to me generally speaking means the culture that we develop on the earth, "world" is what is passing away, right, so I'd have to ask for a rephrase or a Scripture there wadr
Ok is he the foundation of the one passing away or the one without end, or both?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok is he the foundation of the one passing away or the one without end, or both?
Well I would just end up Quoting Scripture here I guess, Christ is the cornerstone of a kingdom not of this world, or some similar reflection. But imo even our use of "he" there is fairly misleading, as Christ is Spirit, Christ is Word, there is no actual "he" there that one might say have a convo or perhaps some tea with?

Body of Christ, and even Wherever two or three are gathered, there I am point to this also

Reactions: Nancy and Acolyte

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I would just end up Quoting Scripture here I guess, Christ is the cornerstone of a kingdom not of this world, or some similar reflection. But imo even our use of "he" there is fairly misleading, as Christ is Spirit, Christ is Word, there is no actual "he" there that one might say have a convo or perhaps some tea with?
Brother you are unique, I’m crazy about you!:) There’s a lot of absolution out there.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Body of Christ, and even Wherever two or three are gathered, there I am point to this also

Genesis 1:3
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Which light? “Let there be light: there was light” He was (is) the light that come into the world. Two lights ...one passes away? One light remains? Revelation 21:23-24 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know about you but when I believed I did wrong I would ask Jesus for forgiveness, but in doing that I could never really believe that my actions got magically washed away.
This is a terrible thing that we do to new believers imo, a Catholic thing, that cannot be justified in any Scripture that I am aware of.

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He was the light that come into the world. Two lights ...one passes away? One light remains? Revelation 21:23-24 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
I like to think of him as the foundation of this new world without end, where there’s room for everyone! You’ve helped my perspective. Thank you

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Which light? “Let there be light: there was light” He was (is) the light that come into the world. Two lights ...one passes away? One light remains? Revelation 21:23-24 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Um, my guess there is that sun and moon are not meant to be understood literally, but for their symbolic meaning?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never known if God is real or not, and I've never had an encounter with the great divine. I've tried my best to believe in Jesus years ago, but I never got closer to answering that question. I've read the bible many times, but still I have found nothing that proves or disproves God.

I have always known God was real. And I have had many encounters with God in my life. I don't have to try and believe. I believe.

The Bible is not there to prove to you anything. The Bible is for the man of God. (2 Tim. 3:17) So, it is no surprise you get nothing from it.

God is not interested in proving Himself to you.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy and Acolyte