Agnostic at heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you confess every time I guess...but at a certain point? I doubt anyone could keep doing that tho tbh, something would give
I believe that a person can overcome a sin that they are bound in eventually but it takes growth spiritually and in the Word.....but there are sins that once you are saved should cease immediately such as stealing, lying, hating, and fighting.....my point is a person who has spent their life drinking alcohol and such may not be able to quit cold turkey....but some do get "radically saved" and others it is a work in progress.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that a person can overcome a sin that they are bound in eventually but it takes growth spiritually and in the Word.....but there are sins that once you are saved should cease immediately such as stealing, lying, hating, and fighting.....my point is a person who has spent their life drinking alcohol and such may not be able to quit cold turkey....but some do get "radically saved" and others it is a work in progress.
Good point, I’d say our love for him has to eventually overcome love of self

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I don't have to. As a belief it never offered its followers salvation from sin etc.
As it is not practiced today it is as relevent in a debate/discussion about religeon as the baals mentioned in the bible.
IMO You are an arrogant man. God doesn’t operate in the confines of our laws of physics. He made these laws for us. He moves in and outside of his creation. The beginning of knowledge is to fear the Lord, and to fear the lord is to hate sin. You seem to prefer sin?
You have no idea, oh mercy.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Because we are sinful, God is not. You are trying to equate yourself to God, which is not possible.

Let me ask you this; who decides what is moral? What is morality? Morality unless based in Scriptures is purely subjective.
You Christians throw that word "Sin" around an awful lot. I'm not buying into the whole Adam & Eve myth and therfore I am born fallen.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Because Gods intentions and heart is always pure, mans is not. Because we dont create ourselves, and herefore have no claims on our or others lives. Because we do not continually sustain ourselves or anyone else, but God does. Again, you are pointing at us and demanding we explai our God, who does not need to explain Himself to man, and will not explain himself just because you demand Him to
He did to Job.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Christians throw that word "Sin" around an awful lot. I'm not buying into the whole Adam & Eve myth and therfore I am born fallen.

The fact that you choose to blind yourself to the truth is not my problem. How is anyone supposed to prove anything to you when you refuse to believe the truths they present. It's like the hungry baby who cries because he is hungry, then refuses to eat. There is nothing I nor anyone can do if every time we provide a fact you don't like you simply refuse to believe it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He did to Job.

You pick and choose what parts of the Bible you believe and what you don't? I am just curious because you seem to have a double standard concerning events in the Bible. Why mention Job implying you believe it happened? Why this event and not the other?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God reveals Himself to those that seek Him. Not just static words in book. God- the living divine almighty.
Hence my recommending to earnestly experimenting upon His words and/or asking Him about it directly.

Amen-
Hebrews 11:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." ♥

Reactions: Acolyte

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like it is important for you to prove God’s existence Agnostic.....

I am a Christian and honestly, proving God’s existence is not important to me at all. He/She either exists or he/she doesn’t.....in either case, i am still devoted to perfecting my love for others, which requires a life time of practice - sanctification. God existence could be my private delusion, but i will die a lover regardless.

♥♥♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imo if one actually were to have to confess something seven times in one day, that seventh confession would be particularly difficult, almost comical? Which is I guess why most Christians strenuously avoid it? And go for "repentance" instead? A horrible, Catholic concept imo, "rebound" is likely a much better term.

It has come to the point of saying "thank you Lord for your forgiveness this day" rather than constantly, insainly, saying "forgive me" over and over again. He already forgave our sins...past, present, and future. God is not in a swivel chair angry at us one minute then, back in His good graces only if we become a tape recorder of "forgive me's", lol. We should rejoice that He said, "It is finished"! We will NEVER be "sinless" in this world but as we grow in our faith, we sin less and less as we surrender to Him. His grace is so sufficient...we cannot please Him without faith ♥

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You pick and choose what parts of the Bible you believe and what you don't? I am just curious because you seem to have a double standard concerning events in the Bible. Why mention Job implying you believe it happened? Why this event and not the other?
Everyone cherry picks what they want from the bible, and what's wrong with that. I tell you what's wrong with it, it's dishonest I tell ya.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It has come to the point of saying "thank you Lord for your forgiveness this day" rather than constantly, insainly, saying "forgive me" over and over again. He already forgave our sins...past, present, and future. God is not in a swivel chair angry at us one minute then, back in His good graces only if we become a tape recorder of "forgive me's", lol. We should rejoice that He said, "It is finished"! We will NEVER be "sinless" in this world but as we grow in our faith, we sin less and less as we surrender to Him. His grace is so sufficient...we cannot please Him without faith ♥
It was religion that made me believe that there was nothing good about people, it made me believe it so much that I've been on my guard for almost two decades. Don't tell me that faith doesn't effect the way you think about people, because it does.