All are under sin:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
truly the devils believe and tremble but refuse to accept and worship and praise whereas Christians who really believe rejoice and worship and praise and have no need to tremble imho - twinc
but non-Christians oh well? imo that is going to crash and burn just like Heb's decision at Abe's "belief" that he cannot Quote and will not reply to, but if that is what you want to believe then ok with me. Seems like you are maybe restricting God there a little, but whatever.

Don't think a single Samaritan will make it, huh?

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was asked by someone “would God ask us to do what we couldn’t do?“

The answer is yes, He asked the Jews to keep the Law of Moses. However, when they, the Jews, killed their Messiah (Jesus) He {God} concluded that no man could keep the Law of Moses and He had another plan to save sinful men, a plan to shed the blood of His righteous Son on the cross to pay for all the sins of mankind.

default_hmm.gif
So are you saying God came to this conclusion only after the Jews rejected Jesus, or was this planned well in advance? Wasn't God pleased that his son suffered for our sake? Isaiah clearly thought so.

(Isaiah 53:10-11) "¶ Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. {11} He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
non-christians deny the truth every day, doesn't make the truth any less real
guess i'm not quite getting your point Heb, i mean Christians do too right, "Christian" is really just another way to divide people, isn't it? Do you really think God will treat you special because of some profession you made in front of your chosen peer group? Or bc you exhibit the same "belief" you had @ santa claus or the tooth fairy? It's just another club, Heb. i guess with you it doesn't matter so much, you are a good-hearted guy anyway, but you gotta know neither one of us can see past 5% of reality, Heb, we are not even qualified to use the word "truth" lol.

so i'm gonna tell you a secret Heb, and then i'm prolly gonna come wipe this pretty quick, even though it's pretty obvious; when people use the word "truth" as though they are aware of some that is a clue that they are in denial, ok? And don't get me wrong, we might all be in denial some kind of way, i don't know, but even a simple statement like "the truth is..." is a tell. Bc--in this case--christians also deny the truth, every day, right? so see what you have just told me about yourself, that has nothing to do with christian or not christian?

so, that isn't even the secret part, that part is that the Bible is written the same way, with this human trait for willful blindness taken into consideration, "Good News" really means "you aren't going to like this much" even, stuff like that, i guess you might even describe it as "calling good bad and bad good" lol, which is a mindblower i know but there's just two diff concepts for that too i guess.

so imo do yourself a favor Heb and go find God in a Hindu or something, if you still can, bc God does not care if Hindus believe that cows are sacred ok, in fact that's likely a lot better pov than most christians, to whom absolutely nothing is sacred anymore except their escape fantasies. peace

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr when you apply that up there to this down here your understanding of this "God being pleased at suffering" will change too i guess

He didn't say "God being pleased at suffering", no idea where you got that from. He said God was pleased at HIS suffering because his suffering means our redemption. There is no justification for me changing my understanding of it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There is no justification for me changing my understanding of it.
meaning that one does not/could not possibly exist, or just that you have not heard it yet?
He didn't say "God being pleased at suffering", no idea where you got that from. He said God was pleased at HIS suffering because his suffering means our redemption.
ok "His suffering" then, pardon my shorthand.

no Son of Man may die for another's sins; the soul that sins will die.

fwiw you might go read "Jesus did not die for your sins" with an open mind.
Most of them are religious yack anyway, but wakeup's might be cogent, dunno

"He said God was pleased at HIS suffering because his suffering means our redemption."
if you pick up your cross, meaning being willing to do some suffering of your own, yes, but if you light a candle and bow, and adopt the religious syntax and go to church every Sol day, and even give them your promissory notes that we like to pretend are money, all the while telling ppl that Jesus is going to come back and save you again someday, prolly not, right

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
guess i'm not quite getting your point Heb, i mean Christians do too right, "Christian" is really just another way to divide people, isn't it? Do you really think God will treat you special because of some profession you made in front of your chosen peer group? Or bc you exhibit the same "belief" you had @ santa claus or the tooth fairy? It's just another club, Heb. i guess with you it doesn't matter so much, you are a good-hearted guy anyway, but you gotta know neither one of us can see past 5% of reality, Heb, we are not even qualified to use the word "truth" lol.

so i'm gonna tell you a secret Heb, and then i'm prolly gonna come wipe this pretty quick, even though it's pretty obvious; when people use the word "truth" as though they are aware of some that is a clue that they are in denial, ok? And don't get me wrong, we might all be in denial some kind of way, i don't know, but even a simple statement like "the truth is..." is a tell. Bc--in this case--christians also deny the truth, every day, right? so see what you have just told me about yourself, that has nothing to do with christian or not christian?

so, that isn't even the secret part, that part is that the Bible is written the same way, with this human trait for willful blindness taken into consideration, "Good News" really means "you aren't going to like this much" even, stuff like that, i guess you might even describe it as "calling good bad and bad good" lol, which is a mindblower i know but there's just two diff concepts for that too i guess.

so imo do yourself a favor Heb and go find God in a Hindu or something, if you still can, bc God does not care if Hindus believe that cows are sacred ok, in fact that's likely a lot better pov than most christians, to whom absolutely nothing is sacred anymore except their escape fantasies. peace

Then why join a christian forum? guess i'm not quite getting your point too.

Faith:Christian

Gal 2:4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then why join a christian forum? guess i'm not quite getting your point too.
bc i am a Christian, and i can justify what i said from Scripture; we are to judge by the fruit, not the beliefs. God does not care what you believe, there is no judgement for beliefs, and the "Christian" notion that everyone must adhere to the same dogma is Catholic hooey. There are good Hindus and bad ones, and you are even told directly by Christ to go and find a good one (not a Samaritan) and eat what they feed you; not by a pastor though, huh. Ever met one yet tells you to wake up just a hair and go do what Christ actually directed His followers to do? Christians, lol, sheesh. The very most deceived ppl on the planet, bar none. Wiccans have more Jesus than us, and i am not overstating the case either

Doesn't mean "turn into a Hindu." Hindus don't worship cows anyway lol, more Christian bias stuff. Hindus reap what they sow, they get what they give away, the get forgiven if they forgive, believe in one God, the whole page of boxes gets ticked for you. That's why they are vilified by Christians. Doncha know.

For we must all appear before the tribunal of Christ, so that each may be repaid for what he has done in the body, whether good or worthless.

Reactions: amadeus and Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Gal 2:4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.
boy and do you have this in spades or what. you even counsel noobs to ignore the law lol
i wouldn't be worrying about Hindus if i were you wadr lol

Nov 2, 2016
USA
boy and do you have this in spades or what. you even counsel noobs to ignore the law lol
i wouldn't be worrying about Hindus if i were you wadr lol

Believers follow the law out of thankfulness of the cross, not to keep their salvation

bc i am a Christian, and i can justify what i said from Scripture; we are to judge by the fruit, not the beliefs. God does not care what you believe, there is no judgement for beliefs, and the "Christian" notion that everyone must adhere to the same dogma is Catholic hooey. There are good Hindus and bad ones, and you are even told directly by Christ to go and find a good one (not a Samaritan) and eat what they feed you; not by a pastor though, huh. Ever met one yet tells you to wake up just a hair and go do what Christ actually directed His followers to do? Christians, lol, sheesh. The very most deceived ppl on the planet, bar none. Wiccans have more Jesus than us, and i am not overstating the case either

Doesn't mean "turn into a Hindu." Hindus don't worship cows anyway lol, more Christian bias stuff. Hindus reap what they sow, they get what they give away, the get forgiven if they forgive, believe in one God, the whole page of boxes gets ticked for you. That's why they are vilified by Christians. Doncha know.

For we must all appear before the tribunal of Christ, so that each may be repaid for what he has done in the body, whether good or worthless.

Have a good day.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Believers follow the law out of thankfulness of the cross, not to keep their salvation
ah, changing your mind a little, huh? Still not lining up with Scripture, but just keep backing up; when that last fingernail tears you'll be fine i guess lol. You have a good one too

Nov 2, 2016
USA
ah, changing your mind a little, huh? Still not lining up with Scripture, but just keep backing up; when that last fingernail tears you'll be fine i guess lol. You have a good one too

changing my mind? no, i've always preached that. mixing truth with lies again bbyrd?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They don't kill cows because they think it might by uncle Henry who died 6 months ago.
regardless of what he believes he will be judged for his works, and is called to judge by the fruit, same as you right
there is no judgement for beliefs, at least that i can find
beliefs are irrelevant, except as they inform your actions
bc i guess we will be guided by our beliefs
obv if you think Jesus is returning from somewhere to save you again and make you a new planet,
you won't be too motivated to invest in the only life you know, and you'll seek kings to make bad investments for you,
you might even goto "it's ok if we ruin this earth bc Jesus is going to make us a new one" (actual testimony)
all the while singing "when we all get to heaven"

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if you think Jesus is returning from somewhere to save you again and make you a new planet,
you won't be too motivated to invest in the only life you know, and you'll seek kings to make bad investments for you,
you might even goto

Who is this "you" you are referring to?

Reactions: Helen