All are under sin:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was asked by someone “would God ask us to do what we couldn’t do?“

The answer is yes, He asked the Jews to keep the Law of Moses. However, when they, the Jews, killed their Messiah (Jesus) He {God} concluded that no man could keep the Law of Moses and He had another plan to save sinful men, a plan to shed the blood of His righteous Son on the cross to pay for all the sins of mankind.

Romans 3:9-10
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
NKJV

Galatians 3:21-26
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
NKJV

In this age of God’s grace salvation in not obtained by “not sinning in the flesh.” It is only obtained by a person placing their belief in the work of God on the cross. That means for a person to deny that they can do anything righteous to save him/her self and to simply place all their faith, trust, confidence and hope in what Jesus did on the cross. To claim His work on our behalf is our salvation. Jesus (God) gets all the glory and praise.

In this age of God’s grace all God asks a person to do is trust in His plan of salvation by placing their faith in His Son’s work on the cross. It is the only way that a person can be saved and yet many do not believe it is that simple.

2 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
NKJV

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The answer is yes, He asked the Jews to keep the Law of Moses. However, when they, the Jews, killed their Messiah (Jesus) He {God} concluded that no man could keep the Law of Moses and He had another plan to save sinful men, a plan to shed the blood of His righteous Son on the cross to pay for all the sins of mankind.
c'mon bro, you gotta know...ok look HR, maybe you're just trying to convince yourself now, i don't know, but when this does not work, and it comes time for your works to be judged, you are not going to be able to say that you did not know now, ok

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
c'mon bro, you gotta know...ok look Heb, maybe you're just trying to convince yourself now, i don't know, but when this does not work, and it comes time for your works to be judged, you are not going to be able to say that you did not know now, ok
Works will be judged, and good works are essential for those who name the name of Christ. But salvation has always been by grace through faith in God and Christ, and the perfect finished work of Christ on the Cross.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Rom 5:1,2)

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

They way I read this paragraph is that you are stating that it was not until Jesus was crucified on the cross that God realised that He needed a new process for the redemption of mankind. Then why did Daniel 9:24 contain a promise of a new process for the redemption of man, penned around 500 years before the crucifixion?

Christ did not come at the time of his crucifixion to refurbish the "Old Covenant" given at Mt Sinai, rather He came with regards to the Salvation covenant which was ancient and from around the time of Adam and Eve's creation, a Covenant that has been in force since the beginning of time concerning the way to the Kingdom of God. It is the Salvation Covenant that was changed and refurbished by Christ dying on the cross for all of mankind.

The national covenant that God had entered into some 2,500 years later at Mt Sinai, which was a Covenant with the Nation of Israel to be a Kingdom of Priests and a Holy Nation, for a future time, which is still in our future, when they will become God's priests on the earth, after the Covenant of priests and a Holy Nation is made like new again with them, to point all of mankind toward worshipping God, the Father, in the fine print also has embedded in it the concepts of the Salvation Covenant.

Sadly, the theologians over the past 2,000 or so years have not understood this and speak that Christ came with a "New" covenant to replace the "Old" Mt Sinai covenant during His first Advent, because of the Greek words formed out of the Greek root "kanios" which is wrongly understood to have the meaning of "brand new" and not the meaning of "refurbished/made like new again." This was not been the case as Jesus knew that the iniquities of the fathers of the nation of Israel, had to visited on and is still being visited upon their children and their children's children for a further two ages, i.e. approx. 2,000 + years before God would hear their cry once again like He did when they were in Egypt, because Israel did not repent of their sins nor stopped their sin of idolatrous worship during the 490 years that God had allowed for them to do so.

We too, today, who call ourselves "Christians," also have to put away our "sins" and turn into the loving embrace of our Father and remain there believing, that no matter what He has us and will not fail us even if it seems that the world around us is going south.

Shalom

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one kind of "true" works-one that stems from your heart and not from obligation. Those are the ones that you do because ,if the Holy Spirit truly does have all of you, then it is only natural that "good" works" will follow. If someone told me 5 or 6 years ago, that I would be volunteering at a community center and be attending a Baptist Church??? Oh I would have laughed you right off your chair. Well, I think God was just looking down and shaking His awesome head saying something like "Mmm Hmm, we will see about that! LOL.
This did not happen for me when I first got saved and now, many years later...many years :oops: He touched my eyes and my understanding to heights that were never even once even close to back then. He brought me to my face, literally! There was just one thing I still held clutched, white knuckled in my hand for all of those years. All I had to do was let go and open my hands wide, so He could, finally take this thing from me and fill my hands/heart with something that nothing in this world could top-Jesus Christ! So, with me- it was ALL about submission/letting go.

I would like to add that I myself have been blessed a million time more than the people at the center and Church! kk-that's all folks :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Jay Ross

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
c'mon bro, you gotta know...ok look Heb, maybe you're just trying to convince yourself now, i don't know, but when this does not work, and it comes time for your works to be judged, you are not going to be able to say that you did not know now, ok

You do not know the Bible. The children of God have already been judged and their sins paid on the cross.

The children of God have already been judged and have been placed in the body of Christ. Their sins have already been paid for on the cross by Jesus. The fact that you do not see this shows me that you do not believe (have faith in) that Jesus paid for them and therefore are not saved.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They way I read this paragraph is that you are stating that it was not until Jesus was crucified on the cross that God realised that He needed a new process for the redemption of mankind. Then why did Daniel 9:24 contain a promise of a new process for the redemption of man, penned around 500 years before the crucifixion?

Christ did not come at the time of his crucifixion to refurbish the "Old Covenant" given at Mt Sinai, rather He came with regards to the Salvation covenant which was ancient and from around the time of Adam and Eve's creation, a Covenant that has been in force since the beginning of time concerning the way to the Kingdom of God. It is the Salvation Covenant that was changed and refurbished by Christ dying on the cross for all of mankind.

The national covenant that God had entered into some 2,500 years later at Mt Sinai, which was a Covenant with the Nation of Israel to be a Kingdom of Priests and a Holy Nation, for a future time, which is still in our future, when they will become God's priests on the earth, after the Covenant of priests and a Holy Nation is made like new again with them, to point all of mankind toward worshipping God, the Father, in the fine print also has embedded in it the concepts of the Salvation Covenant.

Sadly, the theologians over the past 2,000 or so years have not understood this and speak that Christ came with a "New" covenant to replace the "Old" Mt Sinai covenant during His first Advent, because of the Greek words formed out of the Greek root "kanios" which is wrongly understood to have the meaning of "brand new" and not the meaning of "refurbished/made like new again." This was not been the case as Jesus knew that the iniquities of the fathers of the nation of Israel, had to visited on and is still being visited upon their children and their children's children for a further two ages, i.e. approx. 2,000 + years before God would hear their cry once again like He did when they were in Egypt, because Israel did not repent of their sins nor stopped their sin of idolatrous worship during the 490 years that God had allowed for them to do so.

We too, today, who call ourselves "Christians," also have to put away our "sins" and turn into the loving embrace of our Father and remain there believing, that no matter what He has us and will not fail us even if it seems that the world around us is going south.

Shalom

The gospel for today was hidden in God and revealed to Paul for us. The fact that you dismiss this shows your faith is not in what Jesus (God) did on the cross. But you and many others see no difference in law and grace. By law means you have to earn salvation, by grace it means Jesus gave you a free gift of salvation but a person has to believe it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The gospel for today was hidden in God and revealed to Paul for us. The fact that you dismiss this shows your faith is not in what Jesus (God) did on the cross. But you and many others see no difference in law and grace. By law means you have to earn salvation, by grace it means Jesus gave you a free gift of salvation but a person has to believe it.

It seems that you did not read what I had posted or meditated on its contents before you responded. I did not point to the "Old Covenant" that was the Mosaic Covenant in which all of the laws is found, I had pointed to a more ancient covenant which is to do with the salvation of man.

You then went on to play your false argument by attacking the person and not the content of what I had written. What I had stated was that God had told Daniel in Daniel 9:24 that Israel had 490 years to stop their collective sinning under the terms of his previous covenant with them and that after that time he would introduce a new process for the negating of their sins. But it seems to me that you did not read my previous post before you responded.

I feel so sorry for you and you theological understandings.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You do not know the Bible. The children of God have already been judged and their sins paid on the cross.
ah, so then nevermind
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or ...

and

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins...the sins of the whole world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The children of God have already been judged and have been placed in the body of Christ. Their sins have already been paid for on the cross by Jesus.
along with the rest of the world's yes. No difference iow
The fact that you do not see this shows me that you do not believe (have faith in) that Jesus paid for them and therefore are not saved.
believing and having faith are two different things HR, as Scripture makes plain i guess. And i never claimed to be saved, that i am aware of. Hope i never did anyway :)
have a nice weekend

funny to me that the faith word is now being applied, to me, but you guys claim that "believing" is enough, even though this cannot be supported by any Quotes, see, and we are even informed of the diff @ "even the demons believe."

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that you did not read what I had posted or meditated on its contents before you responded. I did not point to the "Old Covenant" that was the Mosaic Covenant in which all of the laws is found, I had pointed to a more ancient covenant which is to do with the salvation of man.

You then went on to play your false argument by attacking the person and not the content of what I had written. What I had stated was that God had told Daniel in Daniel 9:24 that Israel had 490 years to stop their collective sinning under the terms of his previous covenant with them and that after that time he would introduce a new process for the negating of their sins. But it seems to me that you did not read my previous post before you responded.

I feel so sorry for you and you theological understandings.

Yes, I read it and commented on it like I am doing now.

I call it as I see it. Your pointing to an ancient covenant is wrong. The gospel for today is grace and the scriptures say it was HIDDEN IN GOD AND REVEALED TO PAUL.

The O.T. is a history of how God dealt with mankind up until Abraham and then goes to the history of God dealing with His people, the Jews. The 4 gospels are a history of how God (Jesus) dealt with the Jews only. The book of Acts is a transitional book of how Jesus put aside the Jews and their religion and went out to the whole world with a gospel of grace.

Eph 3:8-12 Purpose of the Mystery
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
NKJV

Something hidden is not hidden unless it is hidden.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
along with the rest of the world's yes. No difference iow
believing and having faith are two different things HR, as Scripture makes plain i guess. And i never claimed to be saved, that i am aware of. Hope i never did anyway :)
have a nice weekend

funny to me that the faith word is now being applied, to me, but you guys claim that "believing" is enough, even though this cannot be supported by any Quotes, see, and we are even informed of the diff @ "even the demons believe."

truly the devils believe and tremble but refuse to accept and worship and praise whereas Christians who really believe rejoice and worship and praise and have no need to tremble imho - twinc

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I read it and commented on it like I am doing now.

I call it as I see it. Your pointing to an ancient covenant is wrong. The gospel for today is grace and the scriptures say it was HIDDEN IN GOD AND REVEALED TO PAUL.

The O.T. is a history of how God dealt with mankind up until Abraham and then goes to the history of God dealing with His people, the Jews. The 4 gospels are a history of how God (Jesus) dealt with the Jews only. The book of Acts is a transitional book of how Jesus put aside the Jews and their religion and went out to the whole world with a gospel of grace.

Eph 3:8-12 Purpose of the Mystery
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
NKJV

Something hidden is not hidden unless it is hidden.

Yes H. R you may have read what I tried to express with words but you have displayed no understanding and it is this "no understanding" of how God has been working from the very beginning of the ages, i.e. from when Adam and Eve were created, that has you telling us that "Jesus put aside the Jews and their religion and went out to the whole world with a gospel of grace."

Paul in Romans 11 : 25-26 did understand that God/Jesus was not "finished" with the Jews, and that after the time of the Heathen Gentiles trampling the sanctuary of God, after the 2,300 years of trampling the sanctuary, that God would judge the heathen Gentile Kings, after which all of Israel will be saved. It is after this that God will renew His Covenant of a Kingdom of Priests and a Holy Nation. In Ezekiel 34 : 13 God speaks/prophesises that: -

Ezekiel 34 : 11-16: - God, the True Shepherd
11 'For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land; I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, in the valleys and in all the inhabited places of the country. 14 I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the high mountains of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down," says the Lord God. 16 "I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment."
When God speaks of bringing them to their own land, he is speaking of planting them in "soil" and feeding them of the mountains of Israel, the very mountain that will be coming down from heaven in our near future. It is during this time that God will make like new again the covenant that he had made at Mt. Sinai, Ex 19 but which the national of Israel rejected and went and made golden idols to worship as their gods.

God also in this covenant told the fathers of Israel that if they entered idolatrous worship instead of worshipping Him that their iniquities would be visited upon their children and their children's children during the third and the fourth {age} of their existence. Presently, we are drawing towards the conclusion of this fourth age of the fathers iniquities being visited on their children's children.

Now the change to the process of redemption for all people was told to Daniel as recorded in Dan 9 : 24 but God had the Prophecies of Daniel sealed up for a later time such as we may be in at this present time.

You have spoken of a Grace covenant that is new, but I would suggest to you that God's covenant of Grace has been practiced by God since the very beginning starting with Adam and Eve. You are claiming that it is a "new" aspect of God's redemption process with mankind. I am suggesting that that is not so. King David certainly enjoyed God favour where David experienced a number of time God's Grace towards Him and was forgiven by God for his sins committed over time.

You speak of the Jews as if they have been replaced by the Gentile "Christians" as if God wants nothing more to do with the Nation of Israel but I would suggest to you that the Nation of Israel as a Kingdom of Priests and a Holy Nation, along with those who have been grafted into this nation, will become God's priests to minister to the influx of people who willingly chose to worship Jesus and also God in the Age to Come before the last act, so to speak, is played out for this world.

Shalom

Last edited:

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA

What you're describing is sanctification and discipline, not salvation. We work out our salvation Jay, not work for. Heb 12:4-13.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
devils believe and tremble but refuse to worship and praise whilst Christians believe and rejoice and worship and praise - twinc

i agree, the devils believe there is one God, but Abraham believed in God. :cool: