All eschatological views are correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See?? o_O
How do you talk with someone who continually takes offense at anything said, whether about scripture or not? Everything you say, it’s either heretical or an attack on their character.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you know, the only view I have not been able to fit in is the one that says all prophecy has already happened.

BUT, I can actually see something in that in a very different way, which is that we LIVE much of prophecy, each of us, AS it is fulfilled IN us. Don’t know if that will make sense to anyone, but I see it.

Reactions: doxley and bbyrd009

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you know, the only view I have not been able to fit in is the one that says all prophecy has already happened.

BUT, I can actually see something in that in a very different way, which is that we LIVE much of prophecy, each of us, AS it is fulfilled IN us. Don’t know if that will make sense to anyone, but I see it.
Can you give me an example. I think I know what you mean but I don't want to guess.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you give me an example. I think I know what you mean but I don't want to guess.

Mmm…like…to those walked in darkness a great light has shined. Or…experiencing the thirst Jesus experienced when our flesh is dying on our cross (that feeling that God saved us only to leave us to die of thirst when He seems to disappear and go silent to us). Things like that.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words in post #315 "Take Me To Task, Fine", with the words in bold highlight "False Witness"?

That in my interpretation is suggesting I accused you of being a false witness, and at not time did I or even suggest such

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord
But it's the other way around. You had quoted that psalm, and I was quoting you and addressing why you did.

No worries.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See?? o_O
How do you talk with someone who continually takes offense at anything said, whether about scripture or not? Everything you say, it’s either heretical or an attack on their character.
Started to sound like you meant him, but then switched to me. Which is it?

I know new things are hard, and easy to reject. It's been that way all throughout biblical history. Jesus called them "hard sayings. "

Reactions: bbyrd009

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Started to sound like you meant him, but then switched to me. Which is it?

I know new things are hard, and easy to reject. It's been that way all throughout biblical history. Jesus called them "hard sayings. "

I was talking about him.

Reactions: ScottA

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it's the other way around. You had quoted that psalm, and I was quoting you and addressing why you did.

No worries.
"Proverbs"

It is your "opinion" on my intent, and it's wrong as explained below once again

"The quoting of scripture was to show that the righteous speak truth", and yes a false witness is deceit as scripture teaches

And it wasn't a projection or suggestion that was Scott bearing false witness as you suggest

Proverbs 12:17KJV
17 He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
iron sharpens iron eh

yay :)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it sometimes works a different way too, although it’s more noted when they are talking personally about their experience, rather than scripture so much. But that’s because they’re trying to put it in words. One man will say, I need a word. Another will say, all my light suddenly disappeared. Another might wonder if God is angry at him for something. Another might say, He has shut out my prayers. Another might say, I’m so thirsty. I myself describe it as, He has put me on a fast in spirit.
So sometimes, they are talking about the same thing and I just don’t realize it at first.

But yes, everyone has a piece. And that makes utter sense. We can’t put the pieces all together while we don’t move as one.

I will look into those two authors. Thanks.

These authors are not Devotional or Discipleship works. They just happen to present good character in their own fields, which I happen to like. One is in the field of history, and the other in the field of theology and eschatology--both fields I'm interested in. But these men show unusually good character, and I took note of that.

There are many good works of Devotion, and if you're interested in developing good character, I would recommend that. But the two authors I mentioned don't treat character--I would recommend them only if you're interested in their field of interest.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Possibly. Some most likely. Paul did not say he put away childish things until he was no longer a child. The reality is, all of us were once ignorant; and if we are no longer babes, we once were, needing milk, not debate.
Quote Truth7t7 Below, ScottA Response Above:

Quote Truth7t7 Question?:
"Do you consider "practicing" Homosexuals and those living in "the active sin" of Adultery that "claim to be Christians", as saved believers, that are slow to learn?"

1Corinthians 6:9-11KJV

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly
, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the part that is not clear. Could you elaborate and spell out just what it is that you are saying?
Your question has already been answered in post #318 seen below, it has been answered by you in post #325, and this answer of yours was responsed to by myself post #328

Will we run around the bush again and again, as if our positions haven't been provided?

Truth7t7 Post #318 below:

Your words in post #315 "Take Me To Task, Fine", with the words in bold highlight "False Witness"?

That in my interpretation is suggesting I accused you of being a false witness, and at not time did I or even suggest such

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote Truth7t7 Below, ScottA Response Above:

Quote Truth7t7 Question?:
"Do you consider "practicing" Homosexuals and those living in "the active sin" of Adultery that "claim to be Christians", as saved believers, that are slow to learn?"

1Corinthians 6:9-11KJV

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
We have both presented the truth--neither is contrary to God, but both must be reconciled.

Yes, God is a righteous god, and one of wrath. But He is also a god of love and mercy. Do not hold that point against me. I know that those issues are somehow personal to you, even pet peeves, and by all means shout it from the roof tops. But do not be closed minded regarding those just coming to know Christ and the truth--God has allowed them time to repent. Do likewise, and so fulfill the law of God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have both presented the truth--neither is contrary to God, but both must be reconciled.

Yes, God is a righteous god, and one of wrath. But He is also a god of love and mercy. Do not hold that point against me. I know that those issues are somehow personal to you, even pet peeves, and by all means shout it from the roof tops. But do not be closed minded regarding those just coming to know Christ and the truth--God has allowed them time to repent. Do likewise, and so fulfill the law of God.
I Disagree

I'm not holding anything against you, the issue isnt personal, nor a pet peeve as claimed, I'm just providing Gods words of truth, that are contrary to your claims made

"Practicing" Homosexuals nor those "Actively" in the sin of Adultery, are in the kingdom of God as scripture below clearly teaches

I will continue to maintain a closed mind, on accepting those mentioned above "as being in the kingdom of God" as scripture clearly teaches, they "might" be seeking the kingdom, "but their not in it", and my opinion isn't changing anytime soon

Jesus Is The Lord

1 Corinthians 6:9-11KJV
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-32KJV
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question has already been answered in post #318 seen below, it has been answered by you, and this answer of yours responsed to by myself

Will we run around the bush again and again, as if our positions haven't been provided?

Truth7t7 Post #318 below:

Thank you!

The confusion then, stems from your responses to my post by quoting the psalm addressing false witnesses.

I can now see that you posted the psalm for the first part only...but it does say more, and you quoted it all. As I said: Not to worry. We can be done with it.

Carry on.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you!
The confusion then, stems from your responses to my post by quoting the psalm addressing false witnesses.

I can now see that you posted the psalm for the first part only...but it does say more, and you quoted it all. As I said: Not to worry. We can be done with it.

Carry on.
Correction: At no time did I quote Psalm as claimed, and at no time was I addressing "False Witness" as you once again claim to know my "Intent", will we continue to run about the bush?

Truth7t7 Post #318 Response To ScottA below:

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction: At no time did I quote Psalm as claimed, and at no time was I addressing "False Witness" as you once again claim to know my "Intent", will we continue to run about the bush?

Truth7t7 Post #318 Response To ScottA below:

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord.
Okay...this needs to stop.

Here again is you quoting the psalm referencing a "false witness."
Remaining silent on truth, to appease man's unfounded claims?

Telling the direct truth about a literal hell and lake of fire isnt a dirty word is it?

Proverbs 12:17KJV
17 He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.
...I also quoted you quoting it in post #315.