All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men man man,man...man man men men MEN
Men
Men
Men them, Man.... man .

man man

man man

man, man mans

man...
mans mans mans man mans mans mans man.
man man man

Taken

LOL! Just wanted to show everyone how many times this false gospelizer talked of "man" in the post above. "God" was used much less and was far between.

Maybe the poster will get the point from that, and Bible, but it is highly doubtful.

Yes, we get it, you were rewarded heaven after you jumped through a hoop to get yourself chosen (elected.)

Glory to yourself! Congrats! YOU DID IT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! to YOU!!!!!!! Look what you did to get God's attention! You did it SO WELL, he ELECTED YOU, because of YOU!!!! You're AWESOME!

Sad thing is it's not Biblical.

Here is the Biblical side of it: 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. You've excluded yourself from that via your boasting in self. You do not even begin to perceive the grace of God, because you claim to have earned it, and you do not even begin to understand the Gospel of Christ!

More made up nonsense by you, and not one Scripture.

Therefore it is nothing but a myth, fable and tale.

Last edited:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chris uses the unbiblical definition of foreknowledge.
God knows the persons, because He has elected them out unto salvation.
Does he know you? Are you one of the elect? I don’t think so.

It is not He looks and sees what they do and picks them.
Have you read 1 pet chapter 1. Read my post 9 and it will explain who the “elect” are in the book of Peter.
She also misused 1 pet2, which speaks of gentiles who were formally non covenant people,now being Covenant people.
The OP. Is yet another denial of the biblical teaching of God electing individuals to salvation .
Where does it speak of individuals. You are not one of the elect. If you are then prove it.

Roman's 9:11-22 is clearly speaking of individuals shown by one twin elected, one twin passed over.
It is not speaking of nations there.
The verse in Malachi was familiar to them, but that is not what Paul is speaking about. He is showing that among that nation,Israel...not every individual was chosen ..Roman's 9:6-11.
Anyone with Spiritual sight can see it immediately.
”it is not speaking of nations”? Let’s let God answer this one...
What did he tell Rebekah...
Genesis 25:23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
He is NOT talking about individuals.
If you are one of the elect then feel free to prove it. Because I know I will not take your word for it. Anybody can claim something they are not.

Reactions: Nancy

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CNKW3,"
I get tired of this idea that God selects individuals for salvation. These are called the elect.

Biblical Christian's rejoice in God's electing love and mercy.Sorry it disturbs you so.
Do you hate the biblical God?
He has elected one nation from all nations.
Yes, the church
He has elected one special Servant of the Lord.
Yes, Christ and that’s not you
He has elected every single believer to make up His church.
And that’s not you because you haven’t done what is required to be added to the church.
The question is, why do you hate God, His people, and His word?
Come down off your throne and bow before your Sovereign Lord and Master, stop your rebellion.
I never said I didn’t believe in election. I just don’t believe you are one of them.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4 But God,being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.[Ephesians 2]

They read this, but it just goes ‘wooooosh!’ by their heads.
This passage just says that gentiles, that had obeyed the gospel were made alive. Rom 6 says the same thing. You know what this doesn’t say...that certain specific people were chosen. Paul is writing to the church of Christ which is in Ephesus. The church is the elect.

Reactions: Nancy

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So....sadly it seems you are saying that you don't know you are saved? you don't know that you are redeemed? you don't know that when you die you will go to heaven and meet the Lord face to face?
I’m not talking about me. I can prove that I am one of the elect. You can’t.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a calvinist and don't know what your problem is with the term elect. Do you believe in a works based salvation? I believe in salvation by grace, through faith alone in Jesus.
I believe what the scripture says.
....by grace we are saved through faith. Ephesians 2:8 "8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.…"
Can you tell me what the Ephesians did in order to be converted? You spout information from a letter that was not written to you, don’t you think you might need a little background information?
I don’t have a problem with the term elect. I have a problem with what people do with it.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Just wanted to show everyone how many times this false gospelizer talked of "man" in the post above. "God" was used much less and was far between.

Maybe the poster will get the point from that, and Bible, but it is highly doubtful.

Yes, we get it, you were rewarded heaven after you jumped through a hoop to get yourself chosen (elected.)

Glory to yourself! Congrats! YOU DID IT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! to YOU!!!!!!! Look what you did to get God's attention! You did it SO WELL, he ELECTED YOU, because of YOU!!!! You're AWESOME!

Sad thing is it's not Biblical.

Here is the Biblical side of it: 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. You've excluded yourself from that via your boasting in self. You do not even begin to perceive the grace of God, because you claim to have earned it, and you do not even begin to understand the Gospel of Christ!

More made up nonsense by you, and not one Scripture.

Therefore it is nothing but a myth, fable and tale.
You think it’s awesome that people are teaching that God elects just certain people for no good reason. Just because he wants to. Totally awesome doctrine man, man.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell me what the Ephesians did in order to be converted? You spout information from a letter that was not written to you, don’t you think you might need a little background information?
I don’t have a problem with the term elect. I have a problem with what people do with it.[/QUOTE
the forum looks less christian every day.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the forum looks less christian every day.
Are you going to answer or just dodge like everyone else?
Make no mistake...this is not a “Christian” forum. I have found very few “Christians” on here.
I am in the process of demonstrating that right now with you, mainly because you are seemingly dodging a very important question about the Ephesians.
It’s nothing personal I’m sure everybody on here is descent and I know some are sincere but they are sincerely wrong and have not obeyed the gospel. Most just spout Billy Graham, faith only doctrine and then others want me to believe they are the “elect”. They are special.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you going to answer or just dodge like everyone else?
Make no mistake...this is not a “Christian” forum. I have found very few “Christians” on here.
I am in the process of demonstrating that right now with you, mainly because you are seemingly dodging a very important question about the Ephesians.
It’s nothing personal I’m sure everybody on here is descent and I know some are sincere but they are sincerely wrong and have not obeyed the gospel. Most just spout Billy Graham, faith only doctrine and then others want me to believe they are the “elect”. They are special.
What is this a mugging? Bye!

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i get tired of this idea that God selects individuals for salvation. These are called “the elect”.
Correct. God does NOT choose some for salvation and others for damnation. That is totally contrary to the character of God and the Gospel itself.
So, I want ALL those who think God chose you for election to please stand up and PROVE IT!!!
However if you have been born again, you will have the inner witness of the Holy Spirit telling you that you are a child of God. And all of God's children have been elected or predestined "to be conformed to the image of His Son". Which means that every child of God will eventually be perfected and glorified at the Resurrection/Rapture.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. (1 John 3:1-3)

Reactions: tzcho2

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this a mugging? Bye!
Just run. I ask you a simple question and you don’t care. You are a “Christian”?
A true Christian would want to get to the truth and not dodge. A true Christian would have an open and receptive heart. A true Christian would be like a berean Acts 17:11. They were considered noble because they searched the scriptures for truth. We could have had a nice and informative Bible study but I guess you just like to troll.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We could have had a nice and informative Bible study but I guess you just like to troll.
That is not true. tzcho2 is not a troll at all, and tries to present Bible truth (for those who have ears to hear).

Reactions: tzcho2

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:15 "For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Romans 9:16 "So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Romans 9:17 "For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Romans 9:18 "Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth.
Romans 9:19 "Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Romans 9:20 "Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?
Romans 9:21 "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Romans 9:22 "[What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Romans 9:23 "And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Romans 9:24 "Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Romans 9:25 "As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
Romans 9:26 "And it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
Romans 9:27 "Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

PICJAG

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:15 "For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Romans 9:16 "So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Romans 9:17 "For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Romans 9:18 "Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth.
Romans 9:19 "Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Romans 9:20 "Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?
Romans 9:21 "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Romans 9:22 "[What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Romans 9:23 "And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Romans 9:24 "Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Romans 9:25 "As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
Romans 9:26 "And it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
Romans 9:27 "Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

PICJAG
9:24. Even us. Whom he hath called not of the Jews only but also the gentiles. How does God “call” a person today?
Through the gospel...
2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God did not elect certain individuals for salvation. He elected whosoever will obey the gospel. Those are the ones whom he chose to salvation.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9:24. Even us. Whom he hath called not of the Jews only but also the gentiles. How does God “call” a person today?
Through the gospel...
2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God did not elect certain individuals for salvation. He elected whosoever will obey the gospel. Those are the ones whom he chose to salvation.
WE KNOW THIS.
Joshua 24:14 "Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
Joshua 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:16 "And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;
Joshua 24:17 "For the LORD our God, he [it is] that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:

serve him in sincerity and in truth? John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 "God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

if the Father "SEEK" these then they are not already chosen. but is they called but not yet elected? let's see. Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation". supportive scripture,
Zechariah 2:6 "Ho, ho, [come forth], and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
Zechariah 2:7 "Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest [with] the daughter of Babylon.
Zechariah 2:8 "For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
Zechariah 2:9 "For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.

PICJAG.