All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not amazed at who liked your statement, nor that you made it.

Scripture is very clear, and you loathe it: All saved are elected by God, according to his purpose, calling and will.

Just because there are many Romans 9:20 people out there, that profess to be believers, yet hate this truth AND God's ways does not negate this fact.

Scripture? Romans 8:28 is for the elect. We are all called elect, Ephesians 1; 1 Peter 1:1; Titus 1:1; 1 Thessalonians 1:4; and as elect we are called to make our calling and ELECTION sure; 2 Peter 1:10. There are many more Scriptures which declare this truth.

Now, you all can mock this, and ridicule this if you desire, and you in fact do.

Those of us who embrace this truth glory in God, knowing that without this truth EXACTLY NO ONE would be saved, and knowing none are elected because of any type of merit on their part. Those who preach they are saved and chosen because God saw them do thus and so preach meritorious salvation, a false gospel and denial of grace.
you just said...”none are elected because of any type of merit on their part”. I have asked you before and I’ll ask you again. Even though you have yet to answer any of my questions.
Are you one of the “elect”?
And what did you do to become one of the “elect”. How did you get to be one?
Did God just choose you out of the blue, for no reason, so you could be one of the saved?

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you just said...”none are elected because of any type of merit on their part”. I have asked you before and I’ll ask you again. Even though you have yet to answer any of my questions.
Are you one of the “elect”?
And what did you do to become one of the “elect”. How did you get to be one?
Did God just choose you out of the blue, for no reason, so you could be one of the saved?

LOL ~ Surely you do not expect a direct answer.

They are NOT here to Speak of "THEIR" relationship with thee Lord God, or HOW "THEY" established a relationship with thee Lord God.

"THEIR" theme throughout this whole OP has been focused on BASHING "others" relationship "WITH" thee Lord God.

Don't hold your breath for answers.
They have no answers.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have gone back through most of these reply’s and nobody is mentioning anything about the church. We cannot have a talk about election and not talk about the church.
Here’s why...
The church was a part of the eternal purpose of God before he even created the world.
Ephesians 3:9-11 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Before the world began, God had the church in his mind and in his plan. So, you cannot be one of the “elect” and not be in the church. This is more proof that God does not elect random individuals apart from any obedience. The Lord does not just place ANYBODY in the church. In order to be a part of the body of Christ or a part of the church that Christ built (they are one and the same) you have to be obedient to the gospel or to the conditions God has set.
It all began in Acts 2.
The gospel message was preached
Those in the audience that believed the message asked...what shall we do?
They were told to repent, be baptized, in the name of Christ for the remission of sins.
They received the word and were baptized in water. Vs 41
It was then they were ADDED to the church. Only AFTER baptism were they added.
In vs47 we are told that the Lord added the saved to the church.
These are “THE ELECT”. This was Gods plan before the beginning of time and it was brought into existence through Christ.

The church is the body.
Eph 5 tells us Christ is the savior of the body. Is Christ the savior of the elect? Absolutely. So, in my world 2+2=4 meaning the “elect” are those who are in the church/body.

In acts 20:28 we are told that God purchased the church with his own blood.
Are the “elect” purchased with the blood? Peter in 1 pet 1 thinks so. He said they had been redeemed by the blood. Vs 18,19 (to redeem is to “buy back”)
2+2=4. Meaning..you MUST be in the church/body in order to be redeemed by the blood, since it was God that purchased the church with his blood.
If you are one of the elect then you are in the church of Christ which is a designation of ownership. It is the church that belongs to Christ. He built it. Mt 16:18.
And the Lord only adds those who have been obedient to the gospel. So yes, you MUST DO something in order to be one of the elect.

Again...God does not just select people to be in the church/body. Each individual has the opportunity to be obedient to the gospel message and be added to the church and become one of “the elect”.
The funny thing is...most people say “the church don’t matter”. Boy, are they ever wrong!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i get tired of this idea that God selects individuals for salvation. These are called “the elect”.
There is not a person on here that can PROVE they are one of the elect. You can’t demonstrate anything physically. You can’t point to anything in the Bible that proves that you personally have been selected. You can only point to generic passages talking about election. And in those passages there is NOTHING that points directly to you.
So, I want ALL those who think God chose you for election to please stand up and PROVE IT!!!

Please prove to me anything that the Bible says. This "show me the proof" mentality is the exact same ploy that the Atheist uses to try and discredit God. Please prove to me that you are saved by the blood of Christ. There is no physical proof for that, and there is no verse that directly states that you as an individual are saved by his blood. How then can you be sure of your own forgiveness from sins?

By faith, you say? By trust in the word of Christ and His promises? So it is for the elect of God, who know they are on of Gods in their heart every bit as much as they know they are saved by the blood of Christ. And it will take a whole lot more than Atheist tactics to convince me otherwise.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please prove to me anything that the Bible says. This "show me the proof" mentality is the exact same ploy that the Atheist uses to try and discredit God. Please prove to me that you are saved by the blood of Christ. There is no physical proof for that, and there is no verse that directly states that you as an individual are saved by his blood. How then can you be sure of your own forgiveness from sins?

By faith, you say? By trust in the word of Christ and His promises? So it is for the elect of God, who know they are on of Gods in their heart every bit as much as they know they are saved by the blood of Christ. And it will take a whole lot more than Atheist tactics to convince me otherwise.
All you need to do is read post 9 and post 84. Then come back to me with your attitude. You seem to be just like all the rest. “I’m one of the elect”, “I know it”, “and you can’t question it”. “I don’t have to prove anything”.
Do you know who else had a “prove it” mentality? The apostle Paul. 1 thes 5:21 But you don’t care. You have your own form of “Christianity”.
You would benefit from reading post 80 as well.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you need to do is read post 9 and post 87. Then come back to me with your attitude. You seem to be just like all the rest. “I’m one of the elect”, “I know it”, “and you can’t question it”. “I don’t have to prove anything”.
Do you know who else had a “prove it” mentality? The apostle Paul. 1 thes 5:21 But you don’t care. You have your own form of “Christianity”.
You would benefit from reading post 80 as well.

You are correct. There is no way to prove that I am one of the elect... just as there is no way to prove that Jesus was God, or that His Blood is effective to save, or that the salvation promised in the Scriptures is applicable to you. The Bible is a book of faith from cover to cover. If any of it could be proved it wouldn't be faith. Election is just one of the unprovable aspects of the Scriptures; it's just the one you don't like. Just because I can't prove it doesn't mean I do not know in my heart of hearts. The problem here is a hatred of one of the sacred teachings of the Word of God. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but like it or not it is there and must be accepted as it is taught, not accepted as it makes you feel good.

We could sit here an I could say "Prove to me that you know Christ's blood was to cover your sins. Show me the verse where it says it is for you! Oh, you can't? SEE! SEE! He can't be saved because he can't prove it!"

If all you seek is proof for everything, and refuse even the smallest ounce of faith, you are no better off than the Atheist.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct. There is no way to prove that I am one of the elect... just as there is no way to prove that Jesus was God, or that His Blood is effective to save, or that the salvation promised in the Scriptures is applicable to you. The Bible is a book of faith from cover to cover. If any of it could be proved it wouldn't be faith. Election is just one of the unprovable aspects of the Scriptures; it's just the one you don't like. Just because I can't prove it doesn't mean I do not know in my heart of hearts. The problem here is a hatred of one of the sacred teachings of the Word of God. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but like it or not it is there and must be accepted as it is taught, not accepted as it makes you feel good.

We could sit here an I could say "Prove to me that you know Christ's blood was to cover your sins. Show me the verse where it says it is for you! Oh, you can't? SEE! SEE! He can't be saved because he can't prove it!"

If all you seek is proof for everything, and refuse even the smallest ounce of faith, you are no better off than the Atheist.
You didn’t read. Doesn’t surprise me. You don’t care. I never said....I could not prove it. I’m saying you can’t, because of the doctrine you hold to. I can point to everything you said above, and through Gods word, prove what you say above. Now, if the Bible is not Gods word and cannot be trusted, then you are right. We have nothing. So, if you don’t believe the Bible is the word of God and can be trusted for proof then you are waisting my time.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does faith come from? Rom 10:17. I doubt you will read that one either.
You seem to be like many of the others. All talk with no Bible behind it.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn’t read. Doesn’t surprise me. You don’t care. I never said....I could not prove it. I’m saying you can’t, because of the doctrine you hold to. I can point to everything you said above, and through Gods word, prove what you say above. Now, if the Bible is not Gods word and cannot be trusted, then you are right. We have nothing. So, if you don’t believe the Bible is the word of God and can be trusted for proof then you are waisting my time.

Go ahead. Show me the verse where it says YOU are saved by Christ's blood.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One other thing...
What am I supposed to deal with in the passages on your avatar?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Verses about the elect of God

Deuteronomy 10:14-15
Psalms 33:12
Psalms 65:4
Psalms 106:5
Haggai 2:23
Matthew 11:27
Matthew 22:14
Matthew 24:22
Matthew 24:24
Matthew 24:31
Luke 18:7
Romans 8:28-30
Romans 8:33
Colossians 3:12
1 Thessalonians 5:9
Titus 1:1
1 Peter 1:1-2
1 Peter 2:8-9
Revelation 17:14

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead. Show me the verse where it says YOU are saved by Christ's blood.
Read post 80. If you would have read post 9 and 80 already you wouldn’t have to ask this question. I will give you an added bonus for being such a good player.

I’m assuming you accept the Bible as Gods word and THE ONLY SOURCE OF PROOF. that is what I believe.
So what does Gods word of proof say washes our sins away?
The blood!
Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Thats pretty plain isn’t it?

Now, WHEN does this washing away of sins take place?
The Bible says...
Jesus chose Ananias to go and preach this..
Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
He told this to a person who had heard, believed, repented, and confessed.
SO... the Bible says that sins are washed away (which means saved) at the point of baptism in water.
The blood washes sins away! That happens at the point of water baptism!
Since I have done what they did I KNOW, KNOW, and can prove through Gods word that I am saved and one of the elect.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verses about the elect of God

Deuteronomy 10:14-15
Psalms 33:12
Psalms 65:4
Psalms 106:5
Haggai 2:23
Matthew 11:27
Matthew 22:14
Matthew 24:22
Matthew 24:24
Matthew 24:31
Luke 18:7
Romans 8:28-30
Romans 8:33
Colossians 3:12
1 Thessalonians 5:9
Titus 1:1
1 Peter 1:1-2
1 Peter 2:8-9
Revelation 17:14
I never said there isn’t election. I’m just saying you’re not one of them. You still haven’t read. Why? Because you don’t care. You just want to hold to your false belief.