All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WE KNOW THIS.
Unless a person has a clear biblical belief about the Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) he knows nothing. You, my friend, confuse the Father with the Son, and the Son with the Spirit. You have been adding to spiritual confusion.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Just wanted to show everyone how many times this false gospelizer talked of "man" in the post above. "God" was used much less and was far between.

Maybe the poster will get the point from that, and Bible, but it is highly doubtful.

Yes, we get it, you were rewarded heaven after you jumped through a hoop to get yourself chosen (elected.)

Glory to yourself! Congrats! YOU DID IT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! to YOU!!!!!!! Look what you did to get God's attention! You did it SO WELL, he ELECTED YOU, because of YOU!!!! You're AWESOME!

Sad thing is it's not Biblical.

Here is the Biblical side of it: 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. You've excluded yourself from that via your boasting in self. You do not even begin to perceive the grace of God, because you claim to have earned it, and you do not even begin to understand the Gospel of Christ!

More made up nonsense by you, and not one Scripture.

Therefore it is nothing but a myth, fable and tale.

Doesn't effect me if you do not Know or Believe Scripture.

1 Thes 1
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why does it surprise you that God elects no one for salvation? He would be contradicting Himself if He did, and that is inconsistent with who God is. There would be no point in posting the relevant Scriptures, since you would simply ignore them.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you going to answer or just dodge like everyone else?
Make no mistake...this is not a “Christian” forum. I have found very few “Christians” on here.
I am in the process of demonstrating that right now with you, mainly because you are seemingly dodging a very important question about the Ephesians.
It’s nothing personal I’m sure everybody on here is descent and I know some are sincere but they are sincerely wrong and have not obeyed the gospel. Most just spout Billy Graham, faith only doctrine and then others want me to believe they are the “elect”. They are special.

All in Christ are chosen by God according to his purpose, according to nothing good, and according to grace, it was not earned or deserved. Nothing special about them.

You on the other hand believe as others believe God chose you because of what you did, that you were better than others and out of your own love for God chose him. While spiritually dead and unable to do so. This is not the Gospel, and it isn't grace. It's meritorious salvation. In conclusion it's a rejection of truth, a rejection of God's ways, and a rejection of the Gospel. It is a loathing of God, his ways, his revealed truth in favor of self. Then you not only do this, but you mock, ridicule and blaspheme God and his electing grace. You, like other alleged believers stopped following Christ at about John 6:66, not liking his truth.

But, aren't you all so special? You all did it your way. Congrats!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...You on the other hand believe as others believe God chose you because of what you did...
So preacher, did you or did not choose to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ? If you did, then you too did what others did. But if you did not, then you need to go back to square one.

REPENTANCE NECESSARY FOR SALVATION
Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost... Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 2:37,38; 3:19)

FAITH NECESSARY FOR SALVATION

Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30,31)

"What shall we do?" and "What must I do?" are appropriate responses to the Gospel and the convicting of the Holy Spirit. So if you don't believe this, you have another gospel.

Reactions: CNKW3

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WE KNOW THIS.
Joshua 24:14 "Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
Joshua 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:16 "And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;
Joshua 24:17 "For the LORD our God, he [it is] that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:

serve him in sincerity and in truth? John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 "God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

if the Father "SEEK" these then they are not already chosen. but is they called but not yet elected? let's see. Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation". supportive scripture,
Zechariah 2:6 "Ho, ho, [come forth], and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
Zechariah 2:7 "Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest [with] the daughter of Babylon.
Zechariah 2:8 "For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
Zechariah 2:9 "For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.

PICJAG.
Ok. Good

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i get tired of this idea that God selects individuals for salvation. These are called “the elect”.
There is not a person on here that can PROVE they are one of the elect. You can’t demonstrate anything physically. You can’t point to anything in the Bible that proves that you personally have been selected. You can only point to generic passages talking about election. And in those passages there is NOTHING that points directly to you.
So, I want ALL those who think God chose you for election to please stand up and PROVE IT!!!

THE DAY will prove who are the elect and who are not.

Until then “We run the race ...”, and stay focused upon The Prize...our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Day will reveal the rest .

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All in Christ are chosen by God according to his purpose, according to nothing good, and according to grace, it was not earned or deserved. Nothing special about them.

You on the other hand believe as others believe God chose you because of what you did, that you were better than others and out of your own love for God chose him. While spiritually dead and unable to do so. This is not the Gospel, and it isn't grace. It's meritorious salvation. In conclusion it's a rejection of truth, a rejection of God's ways, and a rejection of the Gospel. It is a loathing of God, his ways, his revealed truth in favor of self. Then you not only do this, but you mock, ridicule and blaspheme God and his electing grace. You, like other alleged believers stopped following Christ at about John 6:66, not liking his truth.

But, aren't you all so special? You all did it your way. Congrats!
Are you “in Christ”? If so what did you do to get there? God doesn’t just PUT people “in Christ”. Obedience is required.
Are the elect in 1 Peter chapter 1 people who....
Met all the conditions listed in post 9?
Feel free to respond to that post and break down where Peter was wrong when he spoke these facts about the people he called....”the elect”.
I doubt you will. I’m still waiting on your answers to two easy questions from post 67 in the calling thread. But, according to you I’M the one that dodges.
I’ll add this. In 1 Peter 3, he tells “the elect” that they had been “saved by baptism” in water. So, in order for you to be one of the elect that he is referring to you to would have needed to be saved by baptism in water. Since I know you haven’t been I know, according to Peter, that you are not one of the “elect”. You preach salvation by faith alone which doesn’t exist in the Bible. You go around saying glory to God, glory to God, while at the same time you hate Gods words of truth. (Mk 16:16)
So, again let me reiterate what Jesus thanks of you...
Matthew 15:8-9 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Your doctrine is strictly man made. Can’t be found in the Bible. But, you sure do give God the glory.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...the Day Of “weighing in the Balances “ and fruit checking , has not yet been proven where or what we shall all personally be.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE DAY will prove who are the elect and who are not.

Until then “We run the race ...”, and stay focused upon The Prize...our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Day will reveal the rest .
We can prove today who are the elect. I believe one can be sure of their salvation. I believe one can know if they are one of the elect or not. Only the elect are entered into the race. You have to enter the race before you can run.
The point of this thread is to help clear up this idea of who the elect are. Some believe that certain individuals are chosen to be the elect, it has nothing to do with anything you do.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless a person has a clear biblical belief about the Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) he knows nothing. You, my friend, confuse the Father with the Son, and the Son with the Spirit. You have been adding to spiritual confusion.
(Smile)

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111
maybe you can clear this up for us. in Revelation Chapter 4 & 5 is the one setting on the Throne is he the Father or the son.

this will clear up any confusion. your answer please.

PICJAG.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It is statements like the one above that makes Christianity into a joke. Nobody feels they have to prove anything. They can just state they are saved, chosen by God and don’t have to prove it. Just take my word for it. I am “in Christ”. I am one of the elect. Why? Because I said so and you can’t question me.
Nothing but a joke.

Ever consider that it's not your business? The servants answer to their master, and not to you.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is statements like the one above that makes Christianity into a joke. Nobody feels they have to prove anything. They can just state they are saved, chosen by God and don’t have to prove it. Just take my word for it. I am “in Christ”. I am one of the elect. Why? Because I said so and you can’t question me.
Nothing but a joke.
Not amazed at who liked your statement, nor that you made it.

Scripture is very clear, and you loathe it: All saved are elected by God, according to his purpose, calling and will.

Just because there are many Romans 9:20 people out there, that profess to be believers, yet hate this truth AND God's ways does not negate this fact.

Scripture? Romans 8:28 is for the elect. We are all called elect, Ephesians 1; 1 Peter 1:1; Titus 1:1; 1 Thessalonians 1:4; and as elect we are called to make our calling and ELECTION sure; 2 Peter 1:10. There are many more Scriptures which declare this truth.

Now, you all can mock this, and ridicule this if you desire, and you in fact do.

Those of us who embrace this truth glory in God, knowing that without this truth EXACTLY NO ONE would be saved, and knowing none are elected because of any type of merit on their part. Those who preach they are saved and chosen because God saw them do thus and so preach meritorious salvation, a false gospel and denial of grace.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it surprise you that God elects no one for salvation? He would be contradicting Himself if He did, and that is inconsistent with who God is. There would be no point in posting the relevant Scriptures, since you would simply ignore them.

Because you have to deny the bible to make such an outlandish, foolish, and unbiblical claim that He elects no one for salvation. If what you are saying is true, then many will be in heaven that He never chose to save. Utter foolishness.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because you have to deny the bible to make such an outlandish, foolish, and unbiblical claim...
I do not have to deny the Bible, since the Gospel is clearly stated in the Bible, and God offers the gift of eternal life to "whosoever" will take of the Water of Life. Indeed, both the Spirit and the Bride urge everyone to come.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. (Rev 22:17)

This verse corresponds to Revelation 3:20: Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

"Whosoever is even willing, though his desires do not yet amount to positive thirsting, let him take the water of life freely, that is, gratuitously." Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever consider that it's not your business? The servants answer to their master, and not to you.
What a crazy thing to say.
Now we know why there are 100 different churches maybe more in the area I live in. I can do anything, put Christ’s name in there somewhere, and nobody can question it.

Paul said...
Prove ALL things, hold fast to that which is good.
That is a command. This a “Christian” forum and nobody wants to prove anything. Everybody just wants to be left alone so they can claim whatever they want.

Peter said...
Be ready ALWAYS to give an answer/defense for the hope that is in you.
Another command.
Nooo, You don’t have to defend because nobody can question.

Have you ever read 1 Cor 5?
It’s Paul commanding those in the church to pass judgement on their brethren. To decide whether they were being faithful or not. Nooo, you can't judge me it’s none of your business.
In 1 Cor 1 those in the church were all CLAIMING to be “of Paul”, “of Cephas”, “of Apollos”,. Paul didn’t just say....that’s ok it’s none of my business you can CLAIM anything you like just as long as Christ is in there somewhere. No, he set them straight.

Paul applauded those in Rome...
Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
You think Paul cared about what kind of faith they displayed or was it...anything goes.
In vs 12 he spoke of their “mutual faith”.
I’m pretty sure I don’t have a “mutual faith” with anybody on this forum. Maybe a couple of quiet souls that are in the background. Just about everybody on here believes Christ is coming back to set up an earthly kingdom and save the “Jews”. Just about everybody on here believes in salvation by faith “alone”. Many are Calvinist, I would say 90+ % on here believe “any church will do” just as long as the Bible is used. I have yet to have ANYBODY teach that water baptism is the point at which your sins are removed.

Paul’s theme throughout his letters is this...
1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
This is a command.
He repeats this idea over and over. There is division all across this board but who cares it’s “none of your business”. We don’t have to strive to speak the same thing, have the same mind, same judgement. Noooo, everybody is going to heaven all on different roads.

The Pharisees thought they were truly Gods people. They had all the answers and NOBODY was to question what they did. What did Jesus do at every turn? He questioned his own brethren. He challenged them over and over. Guess what? They took the same attitude you have. They didn’t like being challenged so they killed him.
This attitude you are displaying is destroying Christianity. We live in a world today where NOBODY feels they have to answer to anyone or for anything that they do.
“ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS”.
Great attitude.